PDA

View Full Version : Hitman without Jesper Kyd

OpenDATA
28th May 2014, 15:35
Hello guys !

I've always been a big fan of Hitman and its universe. I loved Hitman 1,2,3,4 and its soundtracks that gave me chills.

I didn't finish Hitman Absolution, in fact, I just played a few missions and then uninstalled the game. Do you guys remember that mission where you were in a bar and you had to punch each and every man in front of you in order to reach your target ? That's exactly the moment when I stopped playing Absolution.

I'm a true fan of Hitman and Jesper. I think what made Hitman a success is %50 Hitman and %50 Jesper's soundtracks.

I'm so sorry Jesper is not in the development team anymore.:(

Imagine this trailer without Jesper's soundtrack in the background. That's what Absolution was for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5v5YI4a-Ow

Please, please, please, we want Jesper for Hitman 6 !

Itsrob
28th May 2014, 15:53
I agree - Jesper really had a huge impact on the way each level felt. Imagine Contracts without his tracks - he played a huge role in setting the depressing and disturbing moods there.

OpenDATA
28th May 2014, 16:01
True, Contracts had one of the best soundtracks ever. Cold and disturbing.

AdrianShephard
30th May 2014, 22:40
Absolutely. Jesper Kyd is a must. I'm sure he would do it if IO asked since they are both from Denmark. The creators of Hitman are personal friends with him anyway.

I hope Kyd does the Eastern European orchestra again like in Hitman 2.

Aybroe
4th Jun 2014, 19:46
Kyd's not doing the soundtrack for Hitman 6. He was speaking today in Denmark about making music in games and his career and answered a question from the audience. He was asked if he'd be working with the Hitman franchise in the future and answered that he won't be doing Hitman 6, "but you never know what the future brings." I read this from another forum and I do consider the poster as a very reliable source. You can read his post here. (http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php/topic/60304-meet-jesper-kyd-at-the-royal-library-in-denmark/?p=1625548)

He is apparently very busy at the moment, working on the soundtrack for 4 upcoming games he's not allowed to talk about. Sadly Hitman isn't one of them.

IOI is going to have trouble replacing him.

Itsrob
4th Jun 2014, 21:32
Ouch. Hopefully they get a better composer than the one on Absolution. I felt most of the "soundtracks" on absolution were cheesy sound effects or 30 second sound clips played in a loop. In contrast Kyd's tracks pretty much defined the atmosphere of the level.

kennj4
4th Jun 2014, 21:43
True, Contracts had one of the best soundtracks ever. Cold and disturbing.

Hitman 2SA has some great eerie background music as well. But yeah his music was sorely missed in Absolution.
Its a shame someone might've dropped the ball at IO and didn't sign him up to stay with the franchise...
I think he's probably moved on and hooked up with another video game team by now doing their soundtracks. I hope I'm wrong. But I think we've heard the last of him in Hitman. I wish him the best of luck.
On that note:One of my alltime favorites from Contracts Bjarkov Bomb running through the tunnel. rip

http://youtu.be/gJO-wUEX0wE

rafaelleitao
5th Jun 2014, 11:34
Totally agree. Currently listening to Blood Money's sound-track via streaming. Jesper Kyd's soundtracks are available in the most popular music streaming applications actually.

Its a must have. Hitman Absolution really disappointed me in the soundtrack. Let us not to allow the same error in Hitman6.

rafaelleitao
5th Jun 2014, 11:36
This thread should be sticky!

AdrianShephard
5th Jun 2014, 19:49
This thread should be sticky!

...?

There isn't any useful info in this thread...just people expressing their desire for Jesper Kyd which I'm absolutely sure IO knows we want.

radioteque
6th Jun 2014, 06:07
Jesper already announced he wasn't doing hitman 6 though?

rafaelleitao
6th Jun 2014, 09:08
...?

There isn't any useful info in this thread...just people expressing their desire for Jesper Kyd which I'm absolutely sure IO knows we want.

Consider it a an incentive to IO. And if they sure know, it seems that's not enough.

Arvin47
18th Nov 2014, 18:59
Hey guys I Have played all hitman series but i have played hitman contracts in 2004 when it realesed(long time ago) and I couldn't remember any soundtracks of hitman contracts but a moment ago I decided to download hitman contracts main soundtrack...(I wanted to remember how was jesper kyd in making soundtrack)and I downloaded it...
It's very nice...when you hear it you feel like 47...you remember 47's face and missions...wow...I don't know what I should say!!!
If any of you don't have this soundtrack I recommand to download it.
http://www.uplooder.net/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?key=67060b023bc489ab9e99379d1f9fee3a
jesper kyd...we Worship you after god
:worship:
:worship: JESPER KYD

kewlak
18th Nov 2014, 21:23
I don't know what I should say!!!
Be silent then, kid.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2014, 16:29
What a coincidence, Kyd got kicked out of the Assassin's Creed franchise as well after the fourth game of that franchise.

All things considered Absolution was not without its musical moments.
The Main menu Ambience, Pause menu Ambience,'Benchmark', approaching the church at the end of Operation Sledgehammer, and the End Credits theme suites were all moody enough given the context.

However considering how by sheer force of screaming the fanbase got David Bateson back for Absolution, it's curious how Kyd is still left out.
Oh well we'll see.

semajmarc87
21st Nov 2014, 19:58
Hitman without Jesper Kyd is like Hitman without David Bateson.

Remenimus
22nd Nov 2014, 11:47
Jesper Kyd must simply produce the soundtrack again! @IOI

Mayhzon
24th Nov 2014, 23:39
Hitman 2SA has some great eerie background music as well. But yeah his music was sorely missed in Absolution.
Its a shame someone might've dropped the ball at IO and didn't sign him up to stay with the franchise...
I think he's probably moved on and hooked up with another video game team by now doing their soundtracks. I hope I'm wrong. But I think we've heard the last of him in Hitman. I wish him the best of luck.
On that note:One of my alltime favorites from Contracts Bjarkov Bomb running through the tunnel. rip

http://youtu.be/gJO-wUEX0wE
I don't think it works quite like that. Professional musicians and sound designers rarely work with or inside a company. It's really just freelancing and from what I understood Kyd himself denied working on the soundtrack for Absolution because he simply had his hands full. Same with 6 apparently. So it might not even be IO's "fault" for not having the soundtrack done by him. It's just how business works. When you already got two jobs to manage, you don't take a third, even if the offer is tempting.

AlexNiedt
24th Feb 2015, 21:21
Do you guys remember that mission where you were in a bar and you had to punch each and every man in front of you in order to reach your target ?

:hmm: You mean the mission where you can avoid exactly that if you take the time to learn the level and navigate around staff?

Anyhow, I totally agree that Kyd's soundtracks in the earlier games really built up a huge portion of the overall atmosphere for which Hitman is known. Definitely sorely missed in Absolution. That being said, though Kyd is obviously wanted, they could at least find a suitable replacement who understands what Kyd brought to the table and can bring something similar. I can remember and play through Kyd's music from Contracts in my head right now, but I can't remember a single measure of music from Absolution, which I just played two days ago.

EpicSides
5th Jun 2015, 04:23
Jesper Kyd is like Diana: if we lose them, we lose a part of 47.
I hope he will be back for Hitman 6!!

LuckyBide
18th Jun 2015, 19:09
The new game cannot be the greatest Hitman experience the devs want to offer us if Jesper Kyd is not here.

MasterTaffer
21st Jun 2015, 07:31
Had the honor of meeting the man close to a decade ago; very friendly.

Absolution's soundtrack, save for a couple tracks, just didn't leave a lasting impression on me the same way Hitmans (Hitmen?) 1-4 did. Hitman 2's OST in particular is gorgeous and enhances the overwhelmingly international nature of that entry. "Vegas" from Blood Money's score still plays regularly in my car while I drive at night. His work on the Assassin's Creed series is also something of beauty to behold.

I would love to see him come back, but he seems to be a very busy man. I'm open to a new composer and accept that that means the results may vary. Who knows, the new guy might surprise me. I'd certainly welcome being surprised. Still, I would be ecstatic were Kyd to return.

Buscar88
22nd Jun 2015, 21:36
Hey guys, what do you think about this:

Ask Jesper Kyd on twitter how excited he is about the new Hitman game on a scale from 1 to 10.
Ask the same question David Bateson to get a comparison (he has already confirmed, that he is the voice of 47 again).

If Jesper says something above 8, the odds are high, that he is involved in the soundtrack. :p :naughty:

Unfortunately I don't have a twitter account, so I can't do it on my own.

MasterTaffer
22nd Jun 2015, 22:43
Hey guys, what do you think about this:

Ask Jesper Kyd on twitter how excited he is about the new Hitman game on a scale from 1 to 10.
Ask the same question David Bateson to get a comparison (he has already confirmed, that he is the voice of 47 again).

If Jesper says something above 8, the odds are high, that he is involved in the soundtrack. :p :naughty:

Unfortunately I don't have a twitter account, so I can't do it on my own.

That confirmation system seems dubious at best in its validity.

LuckyBide
22nd Jun 2015, 23:42
I already asked him last thursday on Twitter if he'll be back for the next Hitman game, no answer yet...

Buscar88
23rd Jun 2015, 07:25
That confirmation system seems dubious at best in its validity.

I didn't mean it.;)

If he is involved, he will have a confidentiality agreement up to that point when IO or SE officially announce him (gamescon maybe?).
But chances are low. Maybe he is pissed because they didn't ask him to work on Absolution.

YYYNNN
23rd Jun 2015, 11:12
I think we all need to forget about "the-good-old-before-blood-money-hitman". IOI got reformed + new owner - SqEnix = new rules. Now its kinda AAA movie style action Hitman and mobile games.

About music.
Well if you've watched new cinematic E3 trailer you can tell that the music is getting better. Very Jesper Kyd-like ambient techno soft industrial beat, little too much of cinematic influence, but thats a trailer after all. There's a lot of talented musicians out there nowadays.

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abBge1_3Y-U

Rubber_Ducky
23rd Jun 2015, 17:13
Jesper Kyd isn't doing the soundtrack. The weird thing is, Jesper said himself that IO Interactive never even asked him back to do Hitman Absolution either!!! Whatever were IO thinking!?!?

Can read an interview with Jesper here. http://www.denofgeek.com/games/jesper-kyd/32321/jesper-kyd-interview-assassins-creed-hitman-and-more

Buscar88
23rd Jun 2015, 20:04
The weird thing is, Jesper said himself that IO Interactive never even asked him back to do Hitman Absolution either!!! Whatever were IO thinking!?!?
[/url]

Yeah, excluding Jesper Kyd from Absolution was just one of many mistakes the creative management of IO made.

AIRBORNE6176
24th Jun 2015, 02:46
They should just come off some coin and pay the man his due for yet another stellar Hitman OST. IO (& Square Enix) needs to make this a priority if they really respect the Fan-base of this excellent game series.

Remenimus
24th Jun 2015, 10:56
You say it (@AIRBORNE6176)!
"Then Sqaure-Enix or IOI should give him a little bit more. " Jesper is as important as David Bateson!<-(I have got that David is there again.)
I hope this the developers can say if he does not produce the soundtrack, why he was not taken.

Fearhome21
24th Jun 2015, 11:38
Jesper kyd is the soul for the Hitman Series, IO should definetily hire him if they haven't done already as they want this game to be the best HITMAN experience ever.

Buscar88
24th Jun 2015, 11:54
What I cannot understand is, that this cooperation betweet Kyd and IO was put on ice. Because according to some of Kyds interviews, he is connected with IO since this studio has been founded.
I would really want to know the reasons.