PDA

View Full Version : Meet the New Community Manager!

Poticha_EFimp
20th May 2014, 21:48
Hi everyone!

I'm Sacha, and I'm very proud and excited to say I'm the new Community Manager at Eidos-Montréal. :)

You can check out my obligatory introduction post on the community site (http://community.eidosmontreal.com/), but I also wanted to stop by here to meet you guys.

If you have any questions for me, fire away - but as you can guess, there are some restrictions in regards to what the studio is currently working on.

On my side, I'll only have one question to get to know each of you a little better: what was the one thing which drew you to Deus Ex? :)

Nice to meet you all!
Sacha

Ashpolt
20th May 2014, 22:36
Hi Sacha, welcome on board, it's good to have you here! As I'm sure you're aware, you have some pretty big shoes to fill, but don't be intimidated, we're mostly a nice bunch. Mostly. And stopping by the forums straight away was a good start! We here on this bastion of the old internet can sometimes feel a bit left out of things what with your tweetboxes and facespaces and all that, so thanks for actually acknowledging our existence!

I'm sure we've all got loads of questions about the next Deus Ex game WHICH WE TOTALLY DON'T EVEN KNOW EXISTS but understand that you can't talk about it yet so we can hold off until E3 IF THE GAME IS ANNOUNCED THEN WHO KNOWS WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN.

As for what first drew me to Deus Ex: it was mainly just that I had a friend who wouldn't freaking shut up about it. I gave it a try...and really didn't like it. It was only a few years later, trying it for the third or fourth time, that it finally "clicked" and I loved it.

Anyway, welcome!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th May 2014, 22:39
Welcome Sacha. :wave:

On my side, I'll only have one question to get to know each of you a little better: what was the one thing which drew you to Deus Ex?
Deus Ex...there is only one other franchise that equals it; and that is Thief. Enough said. Both represent video game "masterpieces"; to me.

zwanzig_zwoelf
20th May 2014, 23:51
bro sacha hello are you my new bro im glad to see you here deus ex human revolution is the best game ever you must be proud of being a em community manager id sell my soul to become one but im a lazy ass cant wait to see more of your posts go on and have some fun chasing the wild goose and playing deus ex human revolution over a cup of wine :)

FrankCSIS
21st May 2014, 00:35
Cook's log, entry 2633

Just heard some buzz coming from the main deck. No official word from the captain yet. If the crew is to be believed, we have just intercepted a signal attributed to HQ back on Earth. After years of cold, dead silence, I find this hard to believe.

Poticha, the name is. Least that's what the waves are saying. They've been wrong before. Could it be naught but static, caused by another solar storm? Or dead waves, sent years ago. D'astous' last prank to the community.

Poticha.

Petit Chat.

Little Cat.

I'd grown accustomed to silence. After so long, we even learned to like it. Embrace it. Made it our own. Every creak of the ship became a rumor. Every sound, a beacon of hope. Speculation is what we lived on.

This Cat. Changes everything.

Increased mod activity on deck. Heard the boots stomping. At least one of them seems to believe the signal is real.

If it is real, do I want to hear what it has to say? I had assumed EM had long since forgotten this enclave. What plans do they have for us? What news of the future? What promises about the past?

Poticha.

AdrianShephard
21st May 2014, 01:09
As stupid as it sounds, the music of DX 1 is what drew me in. My brother was playing the game with speaker full blast a long time ago and the soundtrack was really catchy.

On that note, where's Alexander Brandon?

68_pie
21st May 2014, 01:48
@Sacha

Top 10 games?

WildcatPhoenix
21st May 2014, 04:06
On my side, I'll only have one question to get to know each of you a little better: what was the one thing which drew you to Deus Ex? :)

This is truly embarrassing, but I have to confess: it was the box art which first drew me to the game. I had never heard of Warren Spector, Ion Storm, or Deus Ex back in 2000, but the guy on the cover looked like he belonged in The Matrix (which had recently blown my adolescent mind), so I figured I'd pick it up and give it a shot.

Once I started playing the game, I came perilously close to giving up after dying over and over again on the Liberty Island mission. I kept trying to take the same guns-a-blazin', Quake/Doom/Dark Forces style approach (did I bother with the training mission beforehand? Pfffft, of course not!) and was getting frustrated at the lack of ammo for the sniper rifle or rocket launcher.

Then, when I finally decided to try Alex's "covert approach" and sneak around the crate, only to disturb a flock of pigeons, which promptly alerted the patrolling guard nearby...I knew I was in for an entirely different gaming experience. And now it's my #1 of all time.

Spyhopping
21st May 2014, 07:36
A very warm welcome Sacha! Hope you've been having a great time so far in the studio.

I bumped into DX entirely by chance. It was left in a disk drive of a PC we bought off my Dad's friend.

CyberP
21st May 2014, 15:22
Ha ha I see you guys have offered a warm welcome already.

What drew me to Deus Ex was a combination of the box art and game info on the back of the box. All I had to determine this purchase was marketing and a description, but I do not regret it of course. I was always buying games back then, not as many any more.
I had never heard anything not once about this Deus Ex but it turned out to eventually become my favourite game of all time, and like Viktoria & Wildcat I consider it to be a masterpiece of game design (a flawed masterpiece really, but still the best).

Welcome.

"I'm a big Deus Ex fan"

Hmm, big eh? You have set yourself up now; perhaps a little test then?

1. What is your favourite conversation from the original Deus Ex?

2. What is your favourite conversation from Human Revolution?

3. The MiB's in the original Deus Ex have...a third eye. What is this eye?

4. In the early initial concept stages for Deus Ex the game was originally named what?

5. How many dogs are there in Maggie Chow's apartment?

6. Which Deus Ex mods have you played, if any?

7. What game was originally going to be associated with the Deus Ex franchise, but then sold as a new IP instead? It's not The Fall unfortunately.

8. The original Deus Ex is the clear evolution of design concepts featured in which game/s?

9. In the original Deus Ex, upon leaving the Catacombs in Paris what famous landmark are you near to (as stated in the game), but never actually get to see?

Eh, that'll do. Questions are intended to not be easily searchable but not too obscure.
Feel free to quiz me on Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic, and Streets of Rage. Like you those games are some of my childhood too, some of many :)

Ashpolt
21st May 2014, 17:53
"I'm a big Deus Ex fan"

:rolleyes:

But wait! This sounds fun! Let's try! I'll add my answers straight into the quote rather than multi-multi-multi-quote:

1. What is your favourite conversation from the original Deus Ex?
-"A sword isn't a good choice for long range combat, Paul!"

2. What is your favourite conversation from Human Revolution?
-The one about whether augmentations are good or bad

3. The MiB's in the original Deus Ex have...a third eye. What is this eye?
-Jap's eye. It's in their pants.

4. In the early initial concept stages for Deus Ex the game was originally named what?
-Bioshock Zero

5. How many dogs are there in Maggie Chow's apartment?
-Trick question. Maggie Chow's apartment is, instead, inside a giant dog.

-Spyhopping, Jerion, MasterTaffer

7. What game was originally going to be associated with the Deus Ex franchise, but then sold as a new IP instead? It's not The Fall unfortunately.
-Gran Turismo 6

8. The original Deus Ex is the clear evolution of design concepts featured in which game/s?
-Q*Bert

9. In the original Deus Ex, upon leaving the Catacombs in Paris what famous landmark are you near to (as stated in the game), but never actually get to see?
-The Reichstag

How many did I get right?

CyberP
21st May 2014, 17:59
:rolleyes:

Why roll your eyes? As you said, sounds like fun! If he is a "big Deus Ex fan" he would be happy to play along.

Yes none of it is related to his role as CM, and it wasn't intended to be. He said he is a DX fan, and to ask him anything....I thought a little test of his fanaticism would be fun.

Some funny tongue-in-cheek responses to the test in there though, 2 and 6 specifically :p

Hmm, number 1...

Spyhopping
21st May 2014, 20:59
@Sacha

Top 10 games?

I second this!

-Spyhopping, Jerion, MasterTaffer

Oh my.

oasis789
21st May 2014, 21:25
Sacha, when will the DXHR Director's Cut PC be patched?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/

Poticha_EFimp
21st May 2014, 21:52

I'd never have thought someone would guess the meaning of my nickname so quick!

I hope I get most of them right. :P

1. This may sound a bit silly, but the very first dialogue with Paul really left an impression on me - I think interacting in this way with your character's brother was really unique for me.
2. The debate with Hugh Darrow near the end - really liked the setting and what hanged in the balance.
3. The Illuminati eye.
4. Shooter.
5. Hmm, none?
6. I checked out The Nameless Mod back then, but I have some catching up to do. Really looking forward to play Revision.
7. Project Snowblind.
8. System Shock.
9. Les Champs Elysées.

Top 10 games?

That's a hard one! In no particular order and not including Deus Ex...

Final Fantasy IX
Metal Gear Solid 3
Journey
Streets of Rage
Okami
Crash Team Racing
Nier
Silent Hill 2
Assassin's Creed II
The Last of Us

FrankCSIS
21st May 2014, 21:58
what was the one thing which drew you to Deus Ex?

Like every single purchase pre-2000, it was purely a back-of-the-box thing.

Grew up on adventure titles (King, Space and Police Quest, Lucasarts, Tex Murphy, Normality, Little Big Adventure), shooters (Wolf, Doom, Quake, Blood, Half Life, Rise of the Triads) and RPG's (Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Ultima).

Somehow this magical box promised me a blend of all three, where the choices I make alter the path of the game. If Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive had already spoiled me in terms of choices and consequences/multipaths, it did not offer the same kind of gameplay depth. Deus Ex was a godsent. This 15-year old thought he had found the blueprint for the next generation of games. There's simply no way to describe how complete the experience was.

How tragic has the future gotten! Well, there was No One Lives Forever, Mafia and Max Payne. And then the long dry spell!

Still highly excited about the kind of production value we've gotten since. But man have we paid the price in terms of global experience and gameplay depth.

CyberP
21st May 2014, 22:02
I hope I get most of them right. :P

4. Shooter.

This is the only one you got wrong :)

Was called "Troubleshooter". when he pitched it at Origin. "The initial idea of Deus Ex was originated by Warren Spector in 1994 while he worked for Origin Systems.[35] His original conception of what would become Deus Ex was entitled Troubleshooter."

Later it was "Shooter: Majestic Revelations". http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-04-the-deleted-scenes-of-deus-ex

Suppose you wasn't entirely wrong on this one either as I perhaps wasn't specific enough with the question.

Final Fantasy IX is your favourite FF? For me I weigh 5-10 all in as equal overall. Of those 6 games, I find IX to have the best story and more subjectively the most visually appealing art style, but the gameplay to be the worst of those 6 because a) The painfully slow battles in comparison to the others, and b) the lack of customization/player influence in the outcome of the strength of your party and tactics you can use.
The music, a big part of the FF experience, I find to be equal in all those 6 games also. All amazing.

Streets of Rage 1? best in the series solely because of the amazing soundtrack is my opinion :)

Metal Gear Solid 3? Best in the series because the gameplay...and maybe the story too, but MGS1's story is epic also.

No comment on the rest in your list despite playing the majority :p

Question though, what was unique about interacting with Paul? It was essentially the in-game tutorial at this point. Maybe you like that it was simulated i.e intended to be believable whilst simultaneously teaching the player how to play (offers you a choice of weaponry and explains it's use in conjunction with playstyle options, gives you your objective, stresses that you can be non-lethal in an age where FP games were all shooters etc and does it all without breaking character/the fourth wall).

SageSavage
22nd May 2014, 05:46
Yes, we can be friends but only under the condition that you refrain from throwing any wildlife into our general direction.

68_pie
22nd May 2014, 05:52
Final Fantasy IX
Metal Gear Solid 3
Journey
Streets of Rage
Okami
Crash Team Racing
Nier
Silent Hill 2
Assassin's Creed II
The Last of Us

Huh. Haven't played any of them.

CyberP
22nd May 2014, 07:25
Huh. Haven't played any of them.

Most are exclusive to the Playstation family of consoles. Good systems, my favourite of the bunch (not including PC obviously).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd May 2014, 08:30
Haha, this is fun. :cool:

Spyhopping
22nd May 2014, 08:46
Question though, what was unique about interacting with Paul? It was essentially the in-game tutorial at this point. Maybe you like that it was simulated i.e intended to be believable whilst simultaneously teaching the player how to play (offers you a choice of weaponry and explains it's use in conjunction with playstyle options, gives you your objective, stresses that you can be non-lethal in an age where FP games were all shooters etc and does it all without breaking character/the fourth wall).

I felt that most of the charm was afterwards, where you can have a chat about your father. That stuck with me too.

AlexOfSpades
22nd May 2014, 17:35
Another 40 billion dollars down the drain...

THC 303
22nd May 2014, 17:47
If you have any questions for me, fire away - but as you can guess, there are some restrictions in regards to what the studio is currently working on.

that's okay, we all know dx4 will be revealed in 3 weeks at e3 :P

pls ;__;

68_pie
22nd May 2014, 21:47
Most are exclusive to the Playstation family of consoles.

That would explain it.

FrankCSIS
22nd May 2014, 22:33
Countrary to Fox who gives his friendship away like it's Kindergarten, mine is earned through a carefully elaborated personality quiz!

Who's your favourite Batman villain? (You're not allowed to say Vladimir Putin)

It's 3 in the morning, and you've had quite a bit to drink. On your way back home, Natasha Polony offers you a coffee at her place. Yay or nay?

You're a transfer student, a bit nerdy, but very good at swimming sports. You have an eye on the twins going out with the captain of the swimming team. Oh no, wait, that's from a Japanese dating sims... My bad!

You have to spend one year inside a video game. Which do you pick?

You learn, in rather tragic circumstances, that your dog, trusted companion which costed you the equivalent of a year's salary, is actually a replicant. How do you react?

You learn, in total indifference, that Natasha Polony is also a replicant. Are you surprised?

Your new girlfriend is very much into cosplay. At the next comicon, what's the most embarrassing costume you're prepared to wear to keep her love?

Finally. You're a special correspondent, sitting in a Saigon bar. With the help of Johnny Walker, you've pushed away the war. Anna Navarre is at the bar. What pick-up line do you use on her?

Jito463
23rd May 2014, 16:07
Countrary to Fox who gives his friendship away like it's Kindergarten, mine is earned through a carefully elaborated personality quiz!

The Easter Bunny!

It's 3 in the morning, and you've had quite a bit to drink. On your way back home, Natasha Polony offers you a coffee at her place. Yay or nay?
Trick question, I don't drink. Also, who?

You're a transfer student, a bit nerdy, but very good at swimming sports. You have an eye on the twins going out with the captain of the swimming team. Oh no, wait, that's from a Japanese dating sims... My bad!
Moving along.

Tron 2.0, because who wouldn't want to live in the Tron world?

You learn, in rather tragic circumstances, that your dog, trusted companion which costed you the equivalent of a year's salary, is actually a replicant. How do you react?
Do replicant dogs need dog food? I'm hoping not, so I can recoup my money.

You learn, in total indifference, that Natasha Polony is also a replicant. Are you surprised?
Again I say, who?

Your new girlfriend is very much into cosplay. At the next comicon, what's the most embarrassing costume you're prepared to wear to keep her love?
Also a trick question. Who cares about comicon?

Finally. You're a special correspondent, sitting in a Saigon bar. With the help of Johnny Walker, you've pushed away the war. Anna Navarre is at the bar. What pick-up line do you use on her?
Yet another trick question. I already said I don't drink, so I don't go to bars. :p

Just because of forum rules on message length. :rolleyes:

Poticha_EFimp
23rd May 2014, 18:53
This is the only one you got wrong :)

Was called "Troubleshooter". when he pitched it at Origin. "The initial idea of Deus Ex was originated by Warren Spector in 1994 while he worked for Origin Systems.[35] His original conception of what would become Deus Ex was entitled Troubleshooter."

Later it was "Shooter: Majestic Revelations". http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-04-the-deleted-scenes-of-deus-ex

Suppose you wasn't entirely wrong on this one either as I perhaps wasn't specific enough with the question.

Haha, I was gonna put a line about Troubleshooter but I changed my mind. Didn't know about that subtitle for Shooter though!

Final Fantasy IX is your favourite FF? For me I weigh 5-10 all in as equal overall. Of those 6 games, I find IX to have the best story and more subjectively the most visually appealing art style, but the gameplay to be the worst of those 6 because a) The painfully slow battles in comparison to the others, and b) the lack of customization/player influence in the outcome of the strength of your party and tactics you can use.
The music, a big part of the FF experience, I find to be equal in all those 6 games also. All amazing.

I actually like them all for what their are, but I see FFIX slightly ahead because of my personal experience with it - nothing quite "objective" there. :)

I'd say it was a mix of what you're describing and the situation in itself - two grown-up brothers, agents of an anti-terrorist organization, discussing the course of action for an operation. It all felt very organic - really set the tone for me.

Yes, we can be friends but only under the condition that you refrain from throwing any wildlife into our general direction.

I'll make sure not to!

Poticha_EFimp
23rd May 2014, 19:22

Joker, Scarecrow, The Riddler... I can't really choose. :p

Not in a million years!

Would still showcase my swimming skills, eh?

Okami.

I would never have a dog in the first place - I'm all about cats!

Yes and no...

I think nothing would really feel embarrassing - in the end - in that situation.

You're a special correspondent, sitting in a Saigon bar. With the help of Johnny Walker, you've pushed away the war. Anna Navarre is at the bar. What pick-up line do you use on her?

"Hey girl - are you from Navarre? Because you're shining like the spanish sun!"
She would probably put a bullet in my head afterwards... but it would have been worth it.

Here you go!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd May 2014, 20:15
Sacha, I'm a music freak... can you share some of your favourite bands/artists? :)

JCpies
24th May 2014, 22:25
I miss Kyle.

68_pie
24th May 2014, 23:03
I miss Kyle.

I miss Rene.

CyberP
24th May 2014, 23:25
I miss B1skit.

What? The guy done a nice thing for me, and I said I wouldn't forget it.
Plus he cracked me up on occasion, especially his Thief 'Swoop' post :)

In all seriousness, I don't really care if we have a CM or not, but the new guy seems cool.

Ashpolt
25th May 2014, 00:50
I definitely miss Adam (aka B1skit). Dude got me into E3, and that's something I'll always appreciate. The fact that he was a damn nice (and funny) guy during our time there was the icing on the cake. Rene was a pretty cool dude too.

...but staying on topic I'm sure Sacha will be great as well! particularly if he starts chucking some information on to the forum before other places? *hint, hint*

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th May 2014, 00:37
I miss Kyle.

I miss Rene.

I miss B1skit.

I miss them all equally as much.
In case they're looking in. :wave: :flowers:

oasis789
27th May 2014, 19:03
Sacha, when will the DXHR Director's Cut PC be patched?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/

Sacha, even if you can't answer this question at this time, it would be nice to respond that you're looking into it.

CyberP
27th May 2014, 22:37
@Sacha: So what drew you to Deus Ex? Since you seem to be a PS-centric gamer have you only played the PS2 version?

@People who got burned on the director's cut: Sorry guys, you are obviously out of luck. My only advice is to learn from this burn and move along or use Golden Method's golden method (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=2005291#post2005291) and get a refund.
Note: I don't know what that method actually is so use your discretion, but I'm sure it's worth a shot.

BridgetFisher
28th May 2014, 02:07
Good luck with the new position!
congratulations!

(I hope you have access to lots of coffee!)

3rdmillhouse
1st Jun 2014, 22:55
So, now that we have a new CM, can we expect Eidos Montreal to stop messing with us and get on with fixing the Director's Cut version?

CyberP
1st Jun 2014, 23:26
So, now that we have a new CM, can we expect Eidos Montreal to stop messing with us and get on with fixing the Director's Cut version?

No.

But as long as DX4 is the game it has the potential to be I don't care what they do any more.

DrZann
3rd Jun 2014, 07:07

That would be nice. Any word on the fixes for Director's Cut issues?

without_eyes
3rd Jun 2014, 19:33
Sacha, I have a question about DLC for DE:HR (Tactical Enhancement Pack and Explosive Mission Pack).

Will they appear again in Steam Store? Or, if not, why don't Eidos include both of DLC's into the main game as an update? It would be a great present for DE:HR owners.

Because I really want to purchase it, but I don't want to buy Director's Cut. Please, give me the answer and sorry for my english.

dysamoria
4th Jun 2014, 05:40
Sacha, even if you can't answer this question at this time, it would be nice to respond that you're looking into it.

i want an answer to this too. Now. We've waited way too long for official responses. i just had DXHR DC REBOOT my PC. Yes. Really.

dogsolitude_uk
4th Jun 2014, 18:10
i want an answer to this too. Now. We've waited way too long for official responses. i just had DXHR DC REBOOT my PC. Yes. Really.

Quite. The graphics in the Directors Cut are worse than the originals. The post processing seems to be missing, reflections are missing (e.g. car windows in Detroit), NPCs have a weird 'glow' around them, and shading around character's faces is now rather dismal.

Sacha: It's great that we have a new community manager, and I'm sure you're a very nice chap and all, but I'd ask you to look into this on behalf of the many folks who were a bit disappointed by wll this.

There's a whole thread on this forum, largely filled by people annoyed/angry about not just the bugs, but also the radio silence from EM here -> http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

There's a video on YouTube providing a direct graphics comparison here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGB27zgAcDU

The problem is not just that the DC was buggy, it's more the fact that EM hasn't given us, or our heroic mods any news on when the issues described will be fixed, or whether they'll be leaving it like this.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that some news would be welcome!

Shralla
4th Jun 2014, 18:32
And here we are already experiencing the same problems the last three community managers had. They're not allowed to tell us anything even though that's literally their job description. Why even have a a community manager? For the five events the company goes to every year? For running the facebook, I guess?

Spyhopping
4th Jun 2014, 18:55
From what I saw of Adam last year, it's a really busy job.

Let's take the DC discussion to the DC thread for now here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=2010204#post2010204. Sacha is aware of the problems.

DrZann
4th Jun 2014, 23:58
Everybody is aware of the problems with the DC. The issue is nobody is telling us what is being done about it.

dysamoria
5th Jun 2014, 01:41
Everybody is aware of the problems with the DC. The issue is nobody is telling us what is being done about it.

Exactly. If the "community manager" isn't going to, then they ought to just stop presenting us with "community managers". It's like mockery at this point.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jun 2014, 09:15
Our new CM is still settling into his role... there's a lot of things he has to catch up on and do, so please give him some breathing space.
Be assured that Sacha is trying to sort out a few things behind the scenes so he can give answers soon.

68_pie
5th Jun 2014, 09:31
"Soon" :p

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jun 2014, 09:33
"Soon" :p

Yes! Trademarked. Of course. :D

SageSavage
6th Jun 2014, 05:46
Yes! Trademarked. Of course. :D

Must look like mockery to those who wait for a serious response. Just saying.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2014, 08:27
Are you saying some people have no sense of humour?

SageSavage
6th Jun 2014, 10:36
That's not what I'm saying but it's the true nonetheless. What I'm saying is that EM are shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring valid complaints for so long - and the same goes for our new Community Manager. Sorry, Sacha, but that doesn't bode well.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2014, 10:50
Just so we're on the right page here... what valid complaints are EM ignoring exactly?
As for Sacha, he's just started and we ought to give him time to settle into his new role.
He is definitely working hard behind the scenes as we speak in an effort to get answers to questions. He'll update us as soon as he can.

SageSavage
6th Jun 2014, 11:10
Just so we're on the right page here... what valid complaints are EM ignoring exactly?
As for Sacha, he's just started and we ought to give him time to settle into his new role.
He is definitely working hard behind the scenes as we speak in an effort to get answers to questions. He'll update us as soon as he can.

I'm not going to reiterate peoples' complaints about the Director's Cut, you've read them yourself. As for the CM, it is bad form not to, at the very least, personally aknowledge those peoples' increasingly wary pleas a sign - any sign at all. Anyway, I'm not going to fight other peoples' fight and if EM can't be arsed, so be it. Just don't wonder why their reputation goes down the drain in the long run.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2014, 11:27
Yes, there have been a few complaints.... and it is not my intention to downplay whatever issues these people have experienced. I don't have the Director's Cut myself, so I can't provide any personal comments on the matter either.

But these people have not been ignored. You can see they have received a response, albeit not a complete solution... as yet.
I expect Sacha will update us in regard to a DX:HR/DC PC patch as soon as he can.

DrZann
6th Jun 2014, 12:27
Here's a nice list of the "few" complaints.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010/discussions/0/810939350891608249/#p1

And yes, we have been ignored. Eight months of being fairly completely ignored. But now I can add dismissive, so thanks for that.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2014, 14:42
My definition of 'ignored' is to disregard intentionally and refuse to take notice of, or acknowledge. I merely stated that this is not the case here. I made no comment regarding other forums elsewhere; and there is no dispute that complaints actually exist.
As I stated earlier, let's wait for our new CM to update us regarding a patch for the Director's Cut.

Telosia
6th Jun 2014, 15:26

For one, how about the missing second screen/screen control functionality for PC that is still being directly advertised on the Steam Director's Cut page?

there are always choices, multiple approaches, multiple paths and multiple tools at your disposal including the Intel® Screen Control for a more immersive user experience

8 months after release you are still advertising a feature that doesn't exist, and looks to never be implemented as Intel has removed all traces of Screen Control from their websites. I understand if this is a vendor issue, but SE has no excuse after almost 8 months to advertise a non-existent feature. At the very least remove the feature from your advertising until it is implemented, if ever.

Not to mention the myriad of texture issues mentioned, simplified (non-existent) car reflections, tens of bugs that were previously fixed in the original release have been reverted in the DC and other issues, all in the steam thread DrZann was so nice to have linked you. After over 8 months of the same issues raised time and time again, most people have just given up all hope on a patch being released, and lurk in the background while forum regulars keep pressing for these issues to at the very least be addressed - and for 8 months being told "soon™".

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2014, 15:59
I don't believe anyone denies that communication has been lacking. But our new CM is on the case.... stay tuned. :thumb:

Tverdyj
6th Jun 2014, 18:17
Belated greetings to the new CM. Good luck, as DX fans' reaction to past CMS has generally been... lukewarm.

To answer the initial question: Originally, I saw a friend play DX,a nd he told me a bit about the plot. I liked the fact that it was an FPS game with "more than just shooting", so a few years later I've asked him for the name, and palyed it for myself. Then I played IW, Bloodlines, both System Shocks, and then cried with desperation that there weren't more games like this.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2014, 20:32
I can't say I've noticed any of our friendly regulars being only lukewarm with our CMs... :p

TrickyVein
7th Jun 2014, 01:03
To answer Sacha's original question (Sacha like from Le Carré's novel? No that was Sasha) I first started playing Deus Ex because my brother bought the game and it was a computer game that I had to play when I was growing up. That might be kind of lame, but it's true. I kept playing though because I wanted to see how far I could push the story in any direction I chose. It reciprocated.

Welcome.

CyberP
18th Jun 2014, 23:02
"Soon™"

It's not happening guys. It costs money to do these things, money SE cannot/refuse to spare.

Just cross your fingers and hope DX4 is good. We'll be lucky.

DrZann
19th Jun 2014, 06:26
My definition of 'ignored' is to disregard intentionally and refuse to take notice of, or acknowledge.

Yes, and Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2014, 07:42
I'm not talking about politics either.... :p

oasis789
19th Jun 2014, 17:35
But these people have not been ignored. You can see they have received a response, albeit not a complete solution... as yet.

Where is this response? I did not see it. Thanks for clarifying.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2014, 19:19
Check the relevant technical forum threads. :thumb:

oasis789
20th Jun 2014, 17:13

I did. Still not seeing the official response. Do you have a specific one in mind?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jun 2014, 17:56
Not a specific one, no.

Telosia
20th Jun 2014, 22:41
But these people have not been ignored. You can see they have received a response, albeit not a complete solution...

Where is this response? I did not see it. Thanks for clarifying.

I did. Still not seeing the official response. Do you have a specific one in mind?

Not a specific one, no.

Come now Viktoria; if such an official response that addresses the plethora of issues raised lays ever so plainly in sight, it should be easy to link us to this response you are referencing ;)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jun 2014, 23:45
Come now, what? :scratch:
I stated that people are not being "ignored" per se (see previous post with definition) because clearly there are responses from the professionals in the technical forum.

oasis789
21st Jun 2014, 18:07
Come now, what? :scratch:
I stated that people are not being "ignored" per se (see previous post with definition) because clearly there are responses from the professionals in the technical forum.

Unfortunately, this isn't clear to me at least, even after going through the technical forum extensively for said responses. Would you care to link to specific responses by way of example?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
21st Jun 2014, 18:57
Colour me lazy (its summertime and I'm chilled :cool: ), but rather than asking me to link to every single individual response from members of the tech team, it would be easier for you to use the search function in the technical forum to find them all in one go. I have no idea if any of their responses address your particular issue, so it is best that you conduct the search yourself and see what is there.
Search for posts from the following members: jaycw2309, epedneault and Nixxes. :thumb:

Ashpolt
23rd Jun 2014, 09:32
Colour me lazy (its summertime and I'm chilled :cool: ), but rather than asking me to link to every single individual response from members of the tech team, it would be easier for you to use the search function in the technical forum to find them all in one go.

Come on Viktoria, he's clearly stated in the very post that you're responding to that he's already looked through the technical forum extensively and found no such response. He's also not asking you to link to "every single individual response from members of the tech team", he's asking you to link to one official response to the plethora of issues as a whole. Such a dismissive - and by your own admission, lazy - response is not befitting of a moderator.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Jun 2014, 11:26
Come on Ashpolt, spare me the unnecessary lectures... I'm allowed to be lazy in this respect. It isn't a moderators task to link posts. Our only duties relate to the ToU.
I don't know what information he is looking for so I can't link to anything specifically, as I already stated.
All I said was that people are not generally being ignored because clearly there are responses to be found in the technical lounge. They are there..seek and you shall find.

Ashpolt
23rd Jun 2014, 12:52
I don't know what information he is looking for so I can't link to anything specifically, as I already stated.

If you don't know what information he's looking for, how can you state with such 100% certainty that it's in the technical forum?

CyberP
23rd Jun 2014, 13:13
This is all beating around the bush. A patch is not happening. It's been a long time since the release of the DC and the official silence on the matter says it all. The Director's cut was a wasted opportunity anyway (from a design perspective, not a business one of course), and I'd rather they focus on DX4 and do their best with no compromise (not gonna happen either).

But yes, this is gonna hurt customer relations/SE's rep further, but don't forget they are struggling financially and also announced they are focusing on making great games instead of maximized profits, which should, shockingly, actually result in maximized profits as actual good games won't go unnoticed in this day and age, as evidenced by Dark Souls.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Jun 2014, 13:27
If you don't know what information he's looking for, how can you state with such 100% certainty that it's in the technical forum?

I didn't. Please read the beginning of the conversation. I made a general statement referring to the fact that we can read responses from representatives in the tech forum. I wasn't discussing any particular issue or response.

This is all beating around the bush. A patch is not happening...

We don't know yet. I believe Sacha our new CM is making enquiries. Hopefully we'll get an update in due course. :)

68_pie
23rd Jun 2014, 13:37
MyImmortal bringing the lulz

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Jun 2014, 13:38
Thanks. :D

Ashpolt
23rd Jun 2014, 23:59
I didn't. Please read the beginning of the conversation. I made a general statement referring to the fact that we can read responses from representatives in the tech forum. I wasn't discussing any particular issue or response.

I just checked the technical forum. The first 3 (non-stickied) threads have no replies at all. So I checked every single thread on the front page, and a few on the second page, going back as far as the start of this year, and you know what? Not a single official response to be found to any issue in any of them. The only thing close to an official response in that time was one post from Jerion in one thread, but a) Jerion (for all his positive qualities) is not an employee of EM and can only reiterate what he's heard elsewhere, and b) that post basically boiled down to "there's no fix for this at this time" anyway.

I've no doubt you'll come out with yet more doublethink in response, but reality strongly contradicts your claims that people aren't being ignored. These paying customers have a right to be angry that their game is still fundamentally broken and doesn't support advertised features (Smartglass) 8 months after release, and the official response has been silence for at least 6 of those months. To respond as dismissively and dishonestly to these concerns as you have is insulting to those people and absolutely terrible customer relations on EM's part.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 07:16
There is nothing dismissive or dishonest about my response... please refrain from making comments of a personal nature.
Again, I made a general statement and I also gave my definition of what 'ignored' means. There are replies by the tech team and, indeed, Jerion. One can see each person's individual posts if you check their statistics.

Ashpolt
24th Jun 2014, 09:19
There are replies by the tech team and, indeed, Jerion. One can see each person's individual posts if you check their statistics.

Except, as above, there aren't replies by the tech team. Not in the last 6 months (or 75% of DXHR: DC's lifespan to date) at least, and possibly longer. You keep telling people to look at the tech forum: I suggest you do so yourself. It's just thread after thread after thread after thread of people posting their issues and getting no response. A few helpful members have tried their best to point people towards solutions where possible, but in the last six months (at least) there has not been a single post - not one - by any employee of EM's tech team in that forum. You insist that there is (but consistently refuse to link to any such post): again, reality itself disagrees with your statement.

tl;dr: don't [urinate] in my ear and tell me it's raining.

Spyhopping
24th Jun 2014, 12:08
This is getting silly now. Victoria has responded, so leave it be please.

Solid_1723
24th Jun 2014, 12:30
While I agree that this shouldn't escalate, there is nothing silly about it for those that have legitimate complaints concerning the DC. A feature that is still being advertised is simply not working/not included and there are no definitive answers for months...as much as I like EM for giving us DX:HR, if this is not ****poor customer service, then what is?!

It is only understandable peolple will get frustrated if they're told to search a subforum where absolutely no answers are to be found.

Spyhopping
24th Jun 2014, 12:50
I'm only calling this tangent silly. I wouldn't dismiss the problem, but dissecting Viktoria's comment like this is not the way to discuss it.

Ashpolt
24th Jun 2014, 12:53
This is getting silly now. Victoria has responded, so leave it be please.

Sorry Lucy, but the fact that a mod has responded does not mean there's no more to be said, particularly when that response is just to further repeat a statement which is demonstrably and provably false. And I'm not "dissecting" her comment, I'm just saying that it's a lie - which it is.

I think Solid's response above says it much better than I'm managing to:

It is only understandable people will get frustrated if they're told to search a subforum where absolutely no answers are to be found.

Spot on. Saying "you're not being ignored, look in the technical forum" is not helping anyone here.

AlexOfSpades
24th Jun 2014, 14:35
Spot on. Saying "you're not being ignored, look in the technical forum" is not helping anyone here.

This. It's hypocrisy to say that, because as Ashpolt showed us up there, the Technical Forum apparently doesn't offer much help. And i believe this is still on-topic since it's a discussion about the moderation, and that's what the thread is about. I don't think anyone here has broken the ToU so no need to threaten us. (Although i saw some posts suspiciously disappearing earlier.)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 16:40
LOL. This is funny. :D
If you guys can't see posts by jaycw2309, epedneault and Nixxes - then there isn't anything else I can do for you.

Ashpolt
24th Jun 2014, 16:56
If you guys can't see posts by jaycw2309, epedneault and Nixxes - then there isn't anything else I can do for you.

jaycw2309 hasn't posted in the DXHR technical forum since August 2012.

epedneault has only ever made one post in the DXHR technical forum, and that was in October last year. Nothing since.

Nixxes had nothing do with the Director's Cut of Human Revolution, and so can't help with technical issues. Their account also hasn't posted in the DXHR technical forum since June 2012.

Again, stop being so dismissive. There is a serious communications problem here and sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending it isn't happening doesn't help anybody.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 16:58
I'm reading and listening and that's why I'm amused. :p
It looks like you are discussing the DC in particular; whereas I am not.

Shralla
24th Jun 2014, 17:03

Yeah, actually, there is. You could link these mystical posts that only you can see so all the rest of us can benefit from their information. There are only two reasons not to link them, A. You're being an *******, or B. They don't exist. Given the entire rest of this horribly painful and embarrassing conversation that you've managed to draw out over a week's time, I'm going to go with A, because you've made it pretty clear you have no interest in helping anybody but Eidos Montreal.

Ashpolt
24th Jun 2014, 17:06
I'm reading and listening and that's why I'm amused. :p
It looks like you are discussing the DC in particular; whereas I am not.

Regardless of whether we're discussing DXHR or the DC, there's still not been any official response about any of it in 8 months, and that was just one post: that one post aside, it's been almost 2 years.

And regardless of what you want to talk about, the other posts in this thread have been about the lack of communication regarding the issues with the DC. If that's not what you've been responding to, then your responses have not only been dismissive, they've also been offtopic.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 17:07
Yeah, actually, there is. You could link these mystical posts that only you can see so all the rest of us can benefit from their information. There are only two reasons not to link them, A. You're being an *******, or B. They don't exist.
Try to refrain from making personal attacks, its quite unnecessary and violates the ToU.
Ashpolt has already noted that there are indeed responses from the tech team. You can find them all in one go by searching for all their posts under the 'statistics' tab. Asking me to link to each and every one myself would take me more time than i currently have to spare, sorry.

Regardless of whether we're discussing DXHR or the DC, there's still not been any official response about any of it in 8 months, and that was just one post: that one post aside, it's been almost 2 years.

So? I never claimed that official responses were recent or up-to-date.

Telosia
24th Jun 2014, 17:12
Asking me to link to each and every one myself would take me more time than i currently have to spare, sorry.

No worries Viktoria, I took the 2 minutes to quickly link the last post made by each of these user accounts for you, to save you the inconvience.

The last post made by Nixxes (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1764681&postcount=3) in either Human Revolution forum was 06-09-2012, 01:43 PM; well over 1 year before the Director's cut was released. They have never addressed *ANYTHING* on the Director's Cut with this account. You are wrong.

The last post made by jaycw230 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1901195&postcount=32) in either HR forum was 04-09-2013, 02:45 AM, and was only welcoming a new moderator. The previous post made by jaycw230 in either HR forum (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1791355&postcount=23) was made 08-14-2012, 09:31 AM, almost a year before Director's cut was released. They have never addressed *ANYTHING* on the Director's Cut with this account. You are wrong.

The last post made by epedneault (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1958926&postcount=26) in either HR forum was 10-29-2013, 09:56 AM; this was almost 8 months ago, and in this post epedneault claimed that he would be reaching to Intel for more information on dual-screen functionality, and would be updating the steam description - which 238 days later, still advertises Intel Dual Screen Technology as an active feature: (http://store.steampowered.com/app/238010/)

there are always choices, multiple approaches, multiple paths and multiple tools at your disposal including the Intel® Screen Control for a more immersive user experience.

The store has not been updated, and we have not heard anything from epedneault since this post. Not to mention the plethora of other issues raised by other forum members and steam users have yet to have been addressed.

Sorry Viktoria, this is not funny. This is sad.

Ashpolt
24th Jun 2014, 17:14
Ashpolt has already noted that there are indeed responses from the tech team.

No I haven't. In fact that's the exact opposite of what I've done. Are you even reading my posts?

[EDIT] @Telosia: Well made points. Just worth mentioning here, however, that Nixxes were not in any way involved in the Director's Cut, and so are not able to provide tech support. I asked them about this on Twitter this morning, and this was their response. (https://twitter.com/jimofferman/status/481383617772265473)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 17:21
Hmm, let me recap.
I stated people are not being ignored per se; there have been responses and I wasn't thinking about the "Directors' Cut" in particular when I said that - I was thinking in general. There are many posts to be found where the tech team have responded to all sorts of issues.

I also went on to explain my definition of what "ignored" means to me. How many responses people have had and how often wasn't my point. If people are to be ignored, the technical forum wouldn't even exist.

As stated previously, why not wait for an update from Sacha. :thumb:

__

No worries Viktoria, I took the 2 minutes to quickly link the last post made by each of these user accounts for you, to save you the inconvience.
Many thanks. As stated earlier, I don't know what issues people have; so its best they search themselves. :thumb:

They have never addressed *ANYTHING* on the Director's Cut with this account.
As stated earlier, I wasn't discussing the DC in particular; or any issue in particular. I made a general statement.

Sorry Viktoria, this is not funny. This is sad.
I found the confusion with my posts funny; not the situation itself. Just so you know.

Solid_1723
24th Jun 2014, 17:29
As stated previously, why not wait for an update from Sacha. :thumb:

It would be a good thing of course if such an update was indeed forthcoming, but I doubt the people that have been waiting for an update for well over 200 days since the last guy told them that an update was coming will be very optimistic about the statement.

EDIT: Of course you might have your own definition of "being ignored" but from a paying customers perspective when it has been several months since someone official last dealt with ongoing and in case of the DC new issues in the relevant forum I'd feel pretty much ignored and being ****on.

Telosia
24th Jun 2014, 17:29
[EDIT] @Telosia: Just worth mentioning here, however, that Nixxes were not in any way involved in the Director's Cut, and so are not able to provide tech support. I asked them about this on Twitter this morning, and this was their response. (https://twitter.com/jimofferman/status/481383617772265473)

Thanks for clarifying that for others, Ashpolt. I only addressed Nixxes as a forum account as it was one of the accounts specifically named by Viktoria. Thanks for contacting Nixxes however!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 17:33
It would be a good thing of course if such an update was indeed forthcoming, but I doubt the people that have been waiting for an update for well over 200 days since the last guy told them that an update was coming will be very optimistic about the statement.

Just so I understand correctly... was the last guy who said an update was coming a community manager?

EDIT: Of course you might have your own definition of "being ignored" but from a paying customers perspective when it has been several months since someone official last dealt with ongoing and in case of the DC new issues in the relevant forum I'd feel pretty much ignored and being ****on.
I never said otherwise. If you read back, you will see that I sympathise with these people.

Ashpolt
24th Jun 2014, 17:35
As demonstrated, there has been only one official post in the technical forum since DXHR:DC launched (and that offered no solutions to any problems (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1957925&postcount=27)) and nothing in the 8 months since that. If that doesn't match your definition of "ignored", then frankly your definition doesn't match that of the English language.

If people are to be ignored, the technical forum wouldn't even exist.

This quote in particularly is disturbingly nonsensical. Simply providing a place for people to post the issues doesn't mean they're not being ignored. To not be ignored requires a response, and as demonstrated, there have been no official responses in over 8 months, and none at all in any time frame that actually address the issues that people are having with the Director's Cut.

But you knew all this already. Or at least, you did if you've read the posts in this thread.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 17:40
As already explained, you appear to be discussing only the Director's Cut. I was not.

Also, I don't know if everyone is aware... but the tech forum is not the official platform for support in any case; so I hope everyone has reported their issues to the correct people.

This forum is primarily intended for users to share their experiences and help each-other to resolve problems. Official support for the game can be contacted via the below links:

Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com
America: http://support.na.square-enix.com
Japan: http://support.jp.square-enix.com

Jerion
24th Jun 2014, 17:41
There are ways to make your complaints heard. This conversation, however, is unproductive. Further back-and-forth in this vein will result in this thread being closed.

Solid_1723
24th Jun 2014, 17:41
Just so I understand correctly... was the last guy who said an update was coming a community manager?

No it was epedneault.

Is his word to be weighed differently from that of a CM? If so I didn't know.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Jun 2014, 17:51
Is his word to be weighed differently from that of a CM? If so I didn't know.

No, not that I know of.
The moderation team work with the CM, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything said or promised.

DrZann
1st Nov 2014, 22:39
"Our new CM is still settling into his role... there's a lot of things he has to catch up on and do, so please give him some breathing space.
Be assured that Sacha is trying to sort out a few things behind the scenes so he can give answers soon. "
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2010514&postcount=49

It's been over four months now. Has anyone checked to see if this guy is still alive?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Nov 2014, 23:11
Listen up, agent. If you had been paying attention you would have noticed that Sacha was online yesterday.... so, yeah, he's alive. :p

SageSavage
1st Nov 2014, 23:21
"Our new CM is still settling into his role... there's a lot of things he has to catch up on and do, so please give him some breathing space.
Be assured that Sacha is trying to sort out a few things behind the scenes so he can give answers soon. "
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2010514&postcount=49

It's been over four months now. Has anyone checked to see if this guy is still alive?

Yep, he is often online but he never posts. His only contributions to this forum were the two postings in the quoted "Meet the New Community Manager"-thread. Silence is golden, they say.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Nov 2014, 23:25
Yep, he is often online but he never posts.

Yeah. I figure he must be too busy to post socially at the moment - which is kind of a good thing imo because lack of spare time implies that things are happening behind the scenes. Exciting. :cool:

SageSavage
1st Nov 2014, 23:39
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bwondYtvO6c/T29vUle4WmI/AAAAAAAAAFU/n8NnytTlnhg/s1600/MSS.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Nov 2014, 23:48
Hehe. Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms. :D

SageSavage
2nd Nov 2014, 00:03
Just like a mute CM.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Nov 2014, 00:54
A busy mute CM. :D

Jito463
2nd Nov 2014, 09:04
Hehe. Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms. :D

That's not about military intelligence, that's Baghdad Bob.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Nov 2014, 09:36
I do know who it is, yes. My comment was intended to be a random joke.
Perhaps not a very good one... please send all complaints to Groucho Marx. :D

FrankCSIS
2nd Nov 2014, 15:44
Just like a mute CM.

:cheek:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Nov 2014, 16:12
All you need is love. :cool:

68_pie
2nd Nov 2014, 17:30
Should the community manager interact with the community?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Nov 2014, 19:09
He should.... and, to be fair; he has.
Obviously we should only expect him to interact professionally when he has news to share about DX. I imagine he can't say anything right now anyway. Nothing unusual there.
The aforementioned social interaction would be great too - but. alas. this isn't always possible when you're busy dealing with other matters.

So... for now, we will just have to keep each other company. :p

FrankCSIS
2nd Nov 2014, 19:23
Obviously we should only expect him to interact professionally when he has news to share about DX.

You'd think one would understand the value of non-telegraphed interaction. How can you trust a man who only speaks when allowed to? ;)

So... for now, we will just have to keep each other company.

There's a frightening thought!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Nov 2014, 21:08
How can you trust a man who only speaks when allowed to? ;)
Easy. My vision is augmented. :D
I don't know. I wish I had an answer for you, but you'll have to decide for yourself who you can trust.

There's a frightening thought!
Huh? You've been a member here since 2008 - your fear is a little late for the party, hehe.
There. Relax, We disabled the detonators. :p

Ashpolt
3rd Nov 2014, 10:02
Should the community manager interact with the community?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/085/283/philosoraptor.jpg

xaduha2
3rd Nov 2014, 14:07
Just rename the job title, Facebook/Twitter Manager. Problem solved.

CyberP
3rd Nov 2014, 16:59
http://sig.driber.net/psMRulbYTMoLqiVyQaes.png

"Some people will be left behind..."

That's us, the hate train. It's how it's always been, apparently. At least they pay & host a nice place for us to discuss the series, criticize their work and act the fool :)
It's more beneficial for the CM to focus on more fruitful sheep pens.
Community? What's that, all ten of us, not including the lurkers I guess.
There's nothing for them here* except criticism to take in, criticism that has already been spoken, sometimes constructively, sometimes not.

*Well, there would be more here if they embraced the community from the beginning. And obviously the tech sub forum is important, or should be rather.
I'm sure this place has some minor worth in their market research also.

Don't forget that just the other day Mejerwall said hello. Poticha probably oversaw that, or whatever.

AdrianShephard
3rd Nov 2014, 18:09
That's us, the hate train. It's how it's always been, apparently. At least they pay & host a nice place for us to discuss the series, criticize their work and act the fool :)
It's more beneficial for the CM to focus on more fruitful sheep pens.
Community? What's that, all ten of us, not including the lurkers I guess.
There's nothing for them here* except criticism to take in, criticism that has already been spoken, sometimes constructively, sometimes not.

There's been way more hate on the Hitman: Absolution board, but the community manager Travis@IO is still active there. Best way to get him out of his shell is to say/make a thread of something along the lines of "my trust has been betrayed and I won't buy the next Hitman until I see credible reviews", to which he responds "we will try and rebuild trust with the fans by being open". He even commented on some ideas awhile back. Would be nice if the EM CM did things like this once in a while.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2014, 18:36
Just rename the job title, Facebook/Twitter Manager. Problem solved.
The likes of FB and Twitter are more popular than forums these days. The times they are a-changin'...
I like. :cool:

That's us, the hate train.
No way haha. The majority of our agents here come across as friendly enough.

There's been way more hate on the Hitman: Absolution board...
Hate is a strong word. Is it really hate or just frustration?

AdrianShephard
3rd Nov 2014, 19:05
Hate is a strong word. Is it really hate or just frustration?

It passed the frustration point a long time ago (during the first few hours after the game's release). Now it's just hate. The CM or Driber (forgot) had to make a thread specifically for the rants where the forum rules were relaxed. Even with that, new threads sprout up every week going over the same problems that were previously addressed, always focusing on the same issue with the disguise system and small levels. I think what differentiates this board from the Hitman board, apart from the correct use of the word "immersion" (mostly) and the general focus on intelligent gameplay/storytelling, is that we usually explain and cite specific examples of why HR is sub-optimal and how DX4 can be better rather than just say "for DX4 we should go back to DX1".

CyberP
3rd Nov 2014, 19:16
Absolution sucked balls. I played up 'till mission 8 or so and I'm surprised I played it that long. There was little depth to the stealth and the level design sucked, so I just ended up rampaging all the time, which too was unsatisfactory, as it was in the old Hitmans too mind you.
Never been much a fan of Hitman, Blood Money aside, but this was clearly a dumbed down AAA-quality game. The old ones required careful planning and patience. SSDD in the game industry really.
Don't even get me started on the SE-standard see through walls bull****.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2014, 19:21
Seems its different strokes for different folks. I've read good and bad reviews for Absolution.

...a thread specifically for the rants where the forum rules were relaxed.
Oh... a rant thread. Yeah, these are created occasionally.
What rules were relaxed? Extra lenience given for swear words and shouting in caps etc? That would be tolerated in a special thread but the essential forum rules would have remained intact.

Poticha_EFimp
3rd Nov 2014, 19:59
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzSc7EZCQAASSRt.jpg

More seriously, if you see me online everyday, that means I'm reading the forums (and I do enjoy how in-depth you guys go!). The studio has been working hard and - as you have noticed - keeping quiet for the moment.
There is a lot going on behind the scenes for me right now, as Viktoria mentioned, but you'll see much more of me posting in the future. I'm definitely looking forward to give you guys new things to talk about. :D

Regarding Facebook/Twitter, we are mostly playing around with DXHR-related stuff - nothing too fancy really. :)

Anyway, in strictly forums-related news, we are looking to renovate the place a bit - more info soon (likely this month)!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Nov 2014, 20:03
Anyway, in strictly forums-related news, we are looking to renovate the place a bit - more info soon (likely this month)!

Sounds good and looking forward to it. :thumb:

-Neon-
3rd Nov 2014, 21:00
The call for playtesters just went out on Twitter.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzSc7EZCQAASSRt.jpg

Poticha_EFimp
3rd Nov 2014, 22:30
Our playtest team don't only deal with games from Eidos-Montréal, but also from other Square Enix studios. :)

And yeah if you live around Montreal or know people who do - subscriptions are over here: http://www.eidosmontreal.com/teams/pt
We're mainly looking to grow our database right now.

FrankCSIS
3rd Nov 2014, 23:49
more info soon

That word!

:naughty:

Few years ago I might've answered that call, my office being a few blocks from the studio, but you really don't want me as a playtester now! I might cause games to be further dumbed down, out of sheer inadequacy and incompetence.

If you have food and wine to test, however, feel free to PM me. I'll be there in minutes!

PS: Had a look at that page. Someone tell Alexandre he starts all of his sentences with "Alors" :p

PPS: I'd be more than happy to pre-screen your trailers, mainly to make sure they don't look and sound like Lexus commercials! Seriously, those Thief trailers...

Poticha_EFimp
5th Nov 2014, 15:28
food and wine

Now we're talking. :D

Sometimes people participating in playtests are also exposed to presentation/explanation videos and such. Not necessarily actual trailers though!

SageSavage
5th Nov 2014, 20:45
So, how about those fixes and missing features for HR DC? People keep coming here and ask for official responses.

Pinky_Powers
9th Nov 2014, 19:07
My god!

I just skimmed through this thread. Poor MyLovelyImmortal. You're a strong one, you are. Always have been.

As for this Poticha fellow...

A new CM? Again? Eidos goes through you suckers like roles of toilet paper by someone inflicted with incontinence. Still, I was quite impressed by your answers for CyberP's questionnaire. I would have wrote "Pantsless" for each query, thus enlightening the whole community to my desired state of dress.

Hell. I guess I just did.

Did you know René once attacked Mary DeMarle with his bare teeth in order to win the right to reveal to our community Adam Jensen's lunatic lust for clockworks? What are you willing to do to show us what's displayed on Jean-François Dugas's monitor, right now?

Don't answer that. Actions speak louder than words. And most of my words have been foul lies so far.

Welcome to the forums.

-~::Pinky Powers::~-

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Nov 2014, 23:28
My god!

I just skimmed through this thread. Poor MyLovelyImmortal. You're a strong one, you are. Always have been.
Cheers, Pinky. You know me so well.... :naughty:
Welcome back. :wave:

Did you know René once attacked Mary DeMarle with his bare teeth...
A frightening yet strangely satisfying sight to behold. :eek: :D

What are you willing to do to show us what's displayed on Jean-François Dugas's monitor, right now?
Blackmail usually always works.... good luck. :thumb:

Pinky_Powers
10th Nov 2014, 00:00
How many Community Managers have there been during my respite from this place? The last one I remember was CoyoteGrey. What befell that lovely chap?

Pinky_Powers
10th Nov 2014, 00:19

A game called Days of Sex? What do you think drew me to it?

Actually, I grew interested very early on, after reading a few interviews with Warren Spector. I was hot and ready by the time it hit shelves in 2000.

I recall playing the demo when it first released. By the time I won the top chamber of the Lady of Liberty Island, I knew I was in for a new type of gaming experience; those things Leo Gold said instilled such potent seeds of doubt. I couldn't wait to unravel this mystery.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Nov 2014, 00:40
How many Community Managers have there been during my respite from this place? The last one I remember was CoyoteGrey. What befell that lovely chap?
Sacha makes four with Rene, Kyle (CoyoteGrey)and Adam (B1skit) before him.

Kyle received a very good employment offer with Edelman so he went for it. :cool:

Pinky_Powers
10th Nov 2014, 04:09

Kyle received a very good employment offer with Edelman so he went for it. :cool:

That's right. Adam was locked up for cannibalism, and Kyle had to leave his teaching post for "undisclosed horrors", filling the vacancy here on the forums.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Nov 2014, 10:27
Hehe. Pinky, I must admit I missed you. Nobody can start a rumour quite the way you do... :naughty:
:D

FrankCSIS
10th Nov 2014, 23:57
You're making a lot more sense than usual, Pink.

Pinky_Powers
11th Nov 2014, 00:27
Does anyone know where Sasha's profile is on the main page? Couldn't find it.

FrankCSIS
11th Nov 2014, 00:43
This you mean?

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Meet-the-New-CM

Pinky_Powers
11th Nov 2014, 01:15
Ah, I looked under the Studio Blog, as that's the one the site selects when you click on "Blog".

I never did spend much time on the main site. :)

Thanks.

FrankCSIS
11th Nov 2014, 04:07
No worries, I forgot there was a main site altogether!

Followed the link on the first post, and dug till I reached May posts, is all.

xaduha2
11th Nov 2014, 04:32

Only four? I'm sure one or two rolled under the couch.

SageSavage
11th Nov 2014, 05:29
One or two of them may have been so stealthy that noone ever knew that they were here - managing the community and all.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Nov 2014, 11:10
Only four? I'm sure one or two rolled under the couch.

Haha, no evidence of any bodies under the couch. :D
Freyja stepped in for a short time but she was the web content manager, not the community manager.

Spyhopping
11th Nov 2014, 16:50
She was also the awesome manager. Took us in out of the Canadian winter and gave us many DX goodies.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
11th Nov 2014, 17:47
She was also the awesome manager. Took us in out of the Canadian winter and gave us many DX goodies.

For sure. I was also in love with her funky boots. :eek: :cool:

SbyAZQ45uww&list=RDSbyAZQ45uww

ArcR
13th Nov 2014, 04:55
this thread... :lol:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
13th Nov 2014, 11:55
One of the best. :D

Pinky_Powers
13th Nov 2014, 13:25
One of the best. :D

It would be perfect if we could summon the ghosts of Community Managers Past. We could feed them oats and rub their bellies, as if it were a spectral petting zoo. Sasha would look on, grim with dawning comprehension of his future. I would give him a fist-full of oats and say, "It shall be okay."

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Nov 2014, 15:06
You're such a kind, sweet soul, Pinky... that's why I really like you and hold so much respect for you.
Never change. :worship: :flowers:

CyberP
15th Nov 2014, 00:56
Poticha gave a mention of GMDX's latest (and likely final) release on the popular social networks.
Thank you Poticha.

Pinky_Powers
15th Nov 2014, 02:11
You're such a kind, sweet soul, Pinky... that's why I really like you and hold so much respect for you.
Never change. :worship: :flowers:

How could I not take pity on a broken young man?

When reality sets in, and you see for the first time there is no light upon the horizon, an empty belly is not what you need. Of course I'd feed him oats. CMs need their strength.

You and I, on the other hand, get to enjoy our tea and cake.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6151/6182365253_a92de2ab3a_z.jpg

CyberP
15th Nov 2014, 02:59
There's a method to your madness, Pinky, but it is madness nonetheless. Ha.

FrankCSIS
15th Nov 2014, 03:22
Pink's royalty

Pinky_Powers
15th Nov 2014, 03:57
There's a method to your madness, Pinky, but it is madness nonetheless. Ha.

Sometimes, when I gaze into the mirror and see the haphazard visage of a man, collapsing inward upon itself, like a structure with no support beams being shaken by fierce lizards... I wonder if madness is the method.

Then I spend some time on the toilet, engaging in a little anal discharge, and remember how much I like Thai food.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Nov 2014, 21:48
You and I, on the other hand, get to enjoy our tea and cake.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6151/6182365253_a92de2ab3a_z.jpg

Pinky... I prefer my tea in a pretty vintage bone china cup. I am very disappointed that you don't remember. :p
The cake looks absolutely delicious.... but your last post quite ruined my appetite... :eek:

Pinky_Powers
19th Nov 2014, 00:16
Pinky... I prefer my tea in a pretty vintage bone china cup. I am very disappointed that you don't remember. :p
The cake looks absolutely delicious.... but your last post quite ruined my appetite... :eek:

Alas! The grotesqueries of human existence put a stopper in so many engagements.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Nov 2014, 01:05
You bet they do...! :mad: :poke:

MasterTaffer
27th Nov 2014, 23:11
I want coke and cheeseburgers instead of tea and cake...

Pinky_Powers
28th Nov 2014, 03:30
On this day of great thanks, you may dine upon whatever you want. Though, cheeseburgers are not traditional fare. You know what? That's okay. Ferrets are scary.

MasterTaffer
28th Nov 2014, 04:31
You know what? That's okay. Ferrets are scary.

Indeed...:naughty:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Nov 2014, 23:31
If the cheeseburger is a vegetarian version, then I'm in. :cool:

LordHoban
3rd Dec 2014, 10:27
What drew me to Deus Ex at first... well, I had heard so many great things about it. I played it first probably about a year after its initial release and everything about it was just cool. The style, the music, the feel of it. So loved the music!

Deus Ex is very much the spiritual successor to System Shock 2, improving everything System Shock 2 did right in all the best ways. Deus Ex: HR is for the most part a worthy follow up and Dishonored feels like a close cousin. It is the only non Deus Ex game to ever feel like a Deus Ex Game.