PDA

View Full Version : Additional server support

KingZor
20th Dec 2013, 21:21
Hello from down under, just wondering will nosgoth be allowing Australian servers into there engine and what happens in-regards to paying for a server?

and a key would be nice :P haha

stevennnn
23rd Jan 2014, 04:53
this can take my doubt?

AlanXDZ
23rd Jan 2014, 14:22
They are sending keys just for NA and EU when SA get a server we will start getting keys

ZeroFernir
23rd Jan 2014, 19:55
That's it, he explained. I am in the same situation that you are, bro.
Anyway, take a look at this: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7338

D3fence
7th Mar 2014, 04:25
Just a few questions-
- Is there any chance Australia will get their own servers? Watching gameplay footage it seems latency plays a major role.
- Has there been any news on hosting our own servers?

Thanks

Bionics
29th Mar 2014, 22:31
Just wondering if any oceanic's are playing and what the ping/lag is like cause i assume no oceanic servers are available.

Disturbed1390
7th Apr 2014, 13:15
Just wondering about any plans for an Australian or Oceanic server in the future. I'm having a lot of fun with the game but hitting with some abilities, like the hunters bola and sentinels kidnap are hard to hit with a ping over 300.

Disturbed_Sanity
18th Apr 2014, 12:35
I know Australia isn't the most optimal place for playing online games, but trying to play with 400 - 500 ping makes this great game almost impossible to enjoy. Can't really land any pounces or kidnaps properly unless you get really luck and you can't shoot vampires down very efficiently either :p

I know the game is still in the early stages, but is there any news on getting Australians better connections?

lucinvampire
18th Apr 2014, 17:18
At the moment the servers are located in Europe and North America - they have currently not released any information on further server locations - hopefully as the game progresses more server locations will be added :D

akafubu
23rd May 2014, 05:56
Great questions. I'm playing from Australia right now with around 8 Aussie mates, we bought founders packs.
Usually we just have 4 on at any one time and (try to) join the queues together.

A few issues:
1) PING. all of us have between 300-350ms. You can play the game, but you will have a tougher time against people with 40ms who always seem to kill you so easily. I compensate by playing AoE alchemist and having Skype coordination.
Can we please get an answer on whether there is a POSSIBILITY of either hosting our own server (reduce lag between players from Aus) or whether NOSGOTH may create an oceanic server in the future? We would love this and we would be more inclined to spend big on this game.

2) Joining lobbies as a team of 4 DOES NOT mean you will play with your friends, the teams become auto balanced. Playing with friends via Skype is very enjoyable and there is currently no way to ensure that we can play together with the current system. Can we please see implementation of team lobbies that DON'T get "auto-balanced"?

There are other smaller issues in this fantastic game, but these are the main two that my friends and I have discussed over our first 10 levels.

Sanguise23
23rd May 2014, 12:39
Great questions. I'm playing from Australia right now with around 8 Aussie mates, we bought founders packs.
Usually we just have 4 on at any one time and (try to) join the queues together.

A few issues:
1) PING. all of us have between 300-350ms. You can play the game, but you will have a tougher time against people with 40ms who always seem to kill you so easily. I compensate by playing AoE alchemist and having Skype coordination.
Can we please get an answer on whether there is a POSSIBILITY of either hosting our own server (reduce lag between players from Aus) or whether NOSGOTH may create an oceanic server in the future? We would love this and we would be more inclined to spend big on this game.

2) Joining lobbies as a team of 4 DOES NOT mean you will play with your friends, the teams become auto balanced. Playing with friends via Skype is very enjoyable and there is currently no way to ensure that we can play together with the current system. Can we please see implementation of team lobbies that DON'T get "auto-balanced"?

There are other smaller issues in this fantastic game, but these are the main two that my friends and I have discussed over our first 10 levels.
Try forming a party (but inviting friends from the friends list in nosgoth)before searching for a lobby. of find a lobby that has room for your friends and have them join you via friends list. this works for me almost always....sometimes the party joining is buggy

Wolfiak
23rd Jun 2014, 12:28
Is there a chance Nosgoth will have an Asian server in future?. I have moved to Japan now and unfortunately my ping to US and EU servers are too hight to play :/

lucinvampire
23rd Jun 2014, 14:11
There hasn't been anything released saying where servers will be located...so I'm afraid it's a bit of a wait and see to if/when they add any more servers.

Captain3009
23rd Jun 2014, 14:55
A question about that ping thingy. Were in game can you check this ping number? And how does it work? Higher better? or lower better? Thanks in advance.

RainaAudron
23rd Jun 2014, 15:12
Ping is a tool for measuring latency. By pressing TAB it shows you the score table and the ping number is next to your avatar, the lower the better. Game becomes unplayable above 200 ping, 45 and lower is best.

Captain3009
23rd Jun 2014, 15:16
Thanks for the answer, Raina. :)

RainaAudron
23rd Jun 2014, 15:18
You are welcome! :)

Blackdeathteal
23rd Jun 2014, 15:24
You are going to have the best luck with US west 180 which is borderline its seems for oceanic players , I'm hopeful we see more server locations myself in the future ( Aussie )

LightningCrazy
24th Jun 2014, 00:38
Anyone know if there will be BRs servers because can not stand to play more with the pin 350 + if anyone knows let me know.
thank you

GoldenXan
24th Jun 2014, 12:22
By the gods, that would be lovely. However, I don't think they will be coming so soon, if at all. As far as I remember, they intend to launch more servers but I believe a few select locations would come first, like the Asian server, perhaps a Russian server, maybe an Australian server, and maybe then, perhaps a South American one.

Tente jogar nos servidores US East, eles costumam ser melhores.

Good luck.

RainaAudron
24th Jun 2014, 13:19
Since there are many players from other parts of the world other than Europe and US, I've thought it might be good to see which server would you like to see next as supported (bear in mind this is only an informative question and does not guarantee there will be a server established in that area at all).

I have merged all other requests for more servers threads here, thanks for understanding!

Blackdeathteal
26th Jun 2014, 07:59
Oh a poll we cannot vote on .

RainaAudron
26th Jun 2014, 09:19
Oh a poll we cannot vote on .

What do you mean?

Blackdeathteal
26th Jun 2014, 17:58
What do you mean?
Literally what I said seems, I cannot vote on that poll. Voters 4 you may not vote on this poll ?

RainaAudron
26th Jun 2014, 18:55
Literally what I said seems you cannot vote on that poll.

I just voted, I don't get what is the problem?

Phlogius
23rd Jul 2014, 16:10
We need Australian servers. Annoying we always get left behind because micro transactions usually mean no community hosted servers for those games. So clans can't pay for their own hosting because of greed. Less and less games can be played online here.:mad:

OriginalXed
8th Aug 2014, 08:03
Hey, I like the game, and would consider getting the immortal pack / help support this game but the ping differences are horrible :mad:.

Is there any plans or talk of implementing an oceanic server soon ?:thumb:

Aggggh
8th Aug 2014, 08:09
Oceanic servers are getting more common in f2p games than they used to be but I wouldn't expect them in beta. It's pretty expensive for companies to set up servers there for what is generally a relatively small player population. I doubt they'd set them up before they have a solid grasp on the game's long term future.

OnlyLogic
9th Aug 2014, 14:08
Hey guys! Cudos, loving the game.

First suggestion, the forum NEEDS a search function (unless I've missed it).

Secondly, will there be Oceanic (Australia/New Zealand) or South-East Asia servers being implemented in the near future? Thanks :)

Blackdeathteal
9th Aug 2014, 14:21
Oceanic servers are needed, Im actually hoping Internode will run some dedicated ones like they do for Team Fortress.

-Konf-
9th Aug 2014, 14:26
Like you guys said, potentially we won't see the servers just yet (especially while the game is in testing since what we have now must be sufficient for the developers to work with), but let's hope there's a possibility.

After all, this is a business and once the game gets a bigger player base we might see some Oceanic servers coming to life, based on the population of players.

I really hope it happens that way.

OnlyLogic
9th Aug 2014, 14:58
I don't really mind if there are no oceanic servers while the game is in beta. Frankly, I wouldn't really mind if they only had one server running. This phase is for ironing out bugs and gameplay issues. But it would be nice to know they have something in the works.

Cerberus2101
10th Aug 2014, 07:35
Is there every gonna be an Australian server because i love this game but find it annoying because my ping and finding servers is a pain.

NondairyGnu1
10th Aug 2014, 10:25
I understand that this game is still in development but I was wondering if there were any plans to make oceanic servers. I have been playing throughout the mini open-beta on steam and for match I have around 200 ping. This is incredibly frustrating as it renders many of the classes useless. Smite is also another game that refuses to put in Oceanic server and because of that reason I no longer play it, please don't make me dislike this gem of a game over bad connection.

PlsNoKill
11th Aug 2014, 07:45
Im having a great time with this game but being stuck with 200 ping on any server is rather painful. Are their any plans for South-Asian or Australian servers?

Exiled998
11th Aug 2014, 08:29
Not anytime soon unless this game garnered a huge crowd and most probably wont be on asia grounds , australia would be more likely.

OnlyLogic
11th Aug 2014, 13:40
Please use the search. Devs haven't stated anything about Australian servers yet other than potential for dedicated servers (but I'm gunna keep getting up em about it :) )

FPS-Cobra
11th Aug 2014, 13:59
Just my few suggestions from playing the beta.

1: Oceanic servers would be great, it is fairly annoying playing with 200+ ping while other players have less than 50 on average.

2: I think humans need a way to get away from vampire attacks, once a vampire is within melee range, the human is pretty much already dead, all the vampire needs to do is spam melee attack.

3: I think it would be really cool if the alchemist could burn bodies away to prevent vamps from feeding.

4:Map voting would be really sweet so see implemented.

TeeSin
11th Aug 2014, 17:29
1. Yay ! :lmao:

2. Dodge , Use Disable skills .

3. Nope . That the only way to heal the vamps to full HP when they win a combat... How about the vamps can destroy the health station... put in on the cooldown to restock !

4. I dunno... maybe . I love randomness though :naughty:

Exiled998
12th Aug 2014, 01:51
yeah my point is if it happens it will be on for australia , asians hardly graze this kinda games cuz they prefer to be MMO gold miners

MrStupe
12th Aug 2014, 18:10
Hey, sorry if this is an irrelevant question but I haven't seen anything like this around the forums. I live in South Africa and finally started getting a group together to play this but I don't know if there are South African servers or anything that will be low ping for our region. Anyone who knows about this stuff would be a great help :)

FireWorks_
12th Aug 2014, 18:33
http://www.nosgoth.com/servers

not too great news at the moment, but im sure there will be comming more servers in the future

fuiseh
21st Aug 2014, 11:03
I know its not happening anytime soon devs, if at all, but I'd just like to say that Asian/Aus servers will be so so awesome. Love the game, having a good time but every game is >300 ping for me.

Every. Game. Not too bad as vamps with hit and run tactics but when I'm playing a human its like torture.

OnlyLogic
21st Aug 2014, 13:21
Fuiseh, honestly vampires should be harder as all human weapons are hitscan whereas vampire leaps and such will do a server-side check. Either way, add me on steam and we'll have a few games!

injiau
22nd Aug 2014, 07:00
Hey guys! Loving the game just bought an 'immortal' package it's awesome :P Just wondering what is happening with 'Oceanic Servers' Even though I get 180+ ping on U.S West It's pretty hard to play against the lower ping...
Really would like to get an Oceanic server happening so we can get it on www.cybergamer.com.au to get team signed up and ready for some beta matches before the main download comes into play.. Will this be in beta or in full release?

If the admins could please reply it would be appreciated... thanks.

jovaN 'inji'

p.s: while i'm at it might give some suggestions... Would be nice to see a 'demorec' for the game and a spectators bar to watch peoples games :) would be a nice addition for competitive play.

IRT123
22nd Aug 2014, 07:20
I hope they do bring in some Oceanic servers..... Admins can you please respond with a insight on how this is coming along? or if this is even in the works at this stage?

Also who would be interested in 5v5 for comps?

I know it's very early to ask for such things but it's always good to know where we stand.

OnlyLogic
22nd Aug 2014, 11:41
Hey inji, your steam profile seems to say you were last online over 1000 days ago. Have I gotten the wrong profile?

Either way, add me on steam so we can discuss tournaments and stuff.

injiau
22nd Aug 2014, 13:44
add me " injilol " http://steamcommunity.com/id/injilol/ and we can discuss getting something competitively happening for this game in aussie land :P

Comfarol
23rd Aug 2014, 15:08
Would love some aussie servers.

Motherlovebone
24th Aug 2014, 00:30
NEED AUS SERVERS

IRT123
24th Aug 2014, 05:55
Any update on this topic Admins?

Or

Does anyone know which admin to contact in regards to these Q's ? thanks

Bazielim
24th Aug 2014, 11:04
Merged this into the other thread about server locations

For the moment the servers are limited to Europe and North America to help work out the bugs etc. during the closed beta phase.

As the game reaches closed beta in the winter, the devs will be considering more servers to be opened up and as you can see from the poll Australia might be quite a popular choice for the community.

Frozzey
29th Aug 2014, 15:28
I know this game is still new and such, I've recommended this game to all my friends, and these friends of mine are big spenders, like literally, if they see a skin they like...out comes the wallet. However, they only' will get this game if theres Oceania servers, South East Asian Servers atleast, get the challenge of the asian gamers onto this. This is a suggestion to test out new servers, especially would be amazing if the Oceana players can get their hands on this without the 300 + pings we have to share with the Merican's :D

TeeSin
29th Aug 2014, 17:15
a sea sever for everyone would be better than just some specific places like Australia, japan , china , ...

Frozzey
30th Aug 2014, 07:19
YAY!

LightDarkAngel
20th Sep 2014, 12:07
I don't want to waste your time complaining and whining the whole post, so I'm just going to say simply, that I experienced my first case of ping discrimination today.
To be honest, I can understand why people would leave a game when other players on their team have 200 ping, considering lag is deadly in a game like Nosgoth. In fact, if I was in their position, I probably would have eventually done the same thing.
So I just wanted to ask, is there any hope at all for an oceanic server in the near-future, say, during open beta or full release?

(New to the forums here, I apologise in advance if I'm doing something wrong.)

TeeSin
20th Sep 2014, 13:17
yes :)

Illusa
20th Sep 2014, 13:22
Actually there IS an Oceanic Server... I've had the mishap of being put into it once when I let it pick the best choice for me to play in.

Needless to say it failed hard and I had a crazy ping.

But it was labeled OC for the server name. Instead of EU/NA for every other server. My guess would be there isn't a high population playing in OC thus it puts you elsewhere when you look for a game.

LightDarkAngel
21st Sep 2014, 12:00
Really? That would be awesome, but, shouldn't there be an option for it then when you choose a region/server before entering a match?

Edit:
You're right, there really are oceanic servers. I just joined two different ones myself and my ping went from 200-250 to 0-50. If these servers exists, why hasn't the 'oceanic' region been added to the region selection yet?

Ishoya
21st Sep 2014, 12:49
Interesting. It appears there ARE Oceanic servers which are public, but rare and not actually listed under region filters. If the in-game PING gauge is legitimate and I'm actually receiving 30-80 PING in-game then it appears that there is progress for the development of Oceanic servers.

Screenshot: