PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make Hitman 6 easy for Square Enix...

austin47
13th May 2014, 09:41
Let's start with the graphics engine glacier 2 vs. glacier 1...glacier 1 was able to give free roam and funny mishaps...like having Vinne run in the street and get run over by a limo in blood money...or how someone reacts to getting tazed watching them shake uncontrollably...they lost the free roaming fun that made hitman great...glacier 2...better graphics...but gameplay not as fun...more like pulling teeth...Just bring back the fun in killing again...I would suggest have a few beers then make the game (go back to the roots...it's a puzzle game with multiple options per level...along with dark humor)...so in a nutshell WE WANT BLOODMONEY WITH ABSOLUTION GRAPHICS...:mad2:

oh and please don't make Agent 47 a @#ssy he is a contract killer not a babysitter...thanks

Calvarok
13th May 2014, 23:57
The game engine doesn't define the gameplay or content of the game. a game engine is basically just the tools used to build the game, and the focus of those tools is what defines things like physics or gameplay.

I personally think absolution played a lot better than previous games. nothing about the control felt awkward or clumsy. if they could bring back the wider variety of things you could do in blood money but keep it to the same control standard of absolution, that would be great.

Itsrob
14th May 2014, 00:19
I agree and think that's what the vast majority of people want - Blood money "2" with Absolutions graphics and game engine.

S3R6i0
14th May 2014, 01:00
The game engine doesn't define the gameplay or content of the game. a game engine is basically just the tools used to build the game, and the focus of those tools is what defines things like physics or gameplay.

I personally think absolution played a lot better than previous games. nothing about the control felt awkward or clumsy. if they could bring back the wider variety of things you could do in blood money but keep it to the same control standard of absolution, that would be great.

I'll agree with you that earlier Hitman games felt clumsy to control. But I think it served a purpose to keep you on your toes. In Absolution I think they simplified everything too much. Consider playing a Blood Money level with Absolution's controls. It would be too easy. In Absolution, 47's sneak was revamped to be a lot faster, and the fiber wire garrote was activated by pressing one button when the context display came up. By this method, there would hardly be any challenge unless they made the AI way more challenging to balance it out. Absolution's control mechanics fit well for a fast paced action game, and if they return to sandbox puzzle levels, the control scheme will be too easy unless they ramp up the AI.

I for one, prefer the way 47 moved and looked in Absolution. He just looked more capable. He was swift and easy to control. I do think however, his garrote was too easy to pull off. At the very least, the victim should've put up a 5 second struggle, instead of passing out right away. It would've made 47 more vulnerable and added suspense. The neck break is a good example of that. 47 didn't snap the neck right away, as in real life, snapping someone's neck is a lot harder than how looks in movies.

austin47
14th May 2014, 02:01
I agree with S3R6iO...in blood money it required skill to use the fibrewire, (I want to work for the killl and have the dual shock rumble when i do it...it feels more engaging that way) not just mash a button and watch a quicktime event...to understand what i am talking about...strangle Vinne (new life/blood money) in the chair...the old games were more interactive you felt like you accomplished something...had to watch your environment and people...not roll around on the ground like a monkey...everything required precision...not just hide behind walls, and about the game engine i'm not a game designer but the old games seemed you could do more with the AI and it could do off the wall sh!£...about Absolution I just didn't like that i couldn't hide in plain sight like all the older hitman games...and was too simple not many ways to experiment on how to take out the target...when there was one... To get silent assassin in Absolution all you had to do was roll from door to door.

I hope Square Enix and I/O sees this and evaluates what is said...so Hitman 6 will be GREAT?