PDA

View Full Version : Original Hitman theme

Cyprez
9th May 2014, 14:55
The thought crossed my mind.

Why not use a modern version of the old Hitman theme in the upcoming Hitman game?

I am aware that some people think that it may be a sort of conservative approach. The first reason I have for that is that the old theme is a good team and it doesn't mean that every Hitman game requires it. The second reason is that it sort of fits the whole new approach, e.i to turn back to the roots of Hitman, which IO declared in their message to the community. The third reason is that it may actually be appealing to a new audience.

The thought crossed my mind because Bohemia Interactive, the creators of ARMA III, added a modernized version of the theme for ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT (also known as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis).

Here is the old, and original theme for ARMA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008wIEMh2bY

Modernized version of the original theme
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX5kjz94AZU

And, finally, the original Hitman theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUSJ4z2jqSo

Share your thoughts on this subject.

Itsrob
9th May 2014, 16:04
That'd be cool. I'd love to see the old Hitman tracks "modernized".

kewlak
9th May 2014, 16:58
:) i remember that remastered version of C47 main title was use in elevators in Blood Money (the House of Cards mission). Any one else noticed it?
Yet i'd like to hear remastered intro from C47 in H6, or at least soundtrack with such dark style.

AdrianShephard
9th May 2014, 22:53
:) i remember that remastered version of C47 main title was use in elevators in Blood Money (the House of Cards mission). Any one else noticed it?
Yet i'd like to hear remastered intro from C47 in H6, or at least soundtrack with such dark style.

I remember hearing the remastered C47 theme in Blood Money as well (not only in the elevator though).

Personally, I want Jesper Kyd (:D) to make a brand new theme for the game. Remastered tracks would be awesome for mission locales that we have already visited i.e.a new version of "47 in St. Petersburg" if 47 goes back there.

Itsrob
10th May 2014, 00:28
Personally, I want Jesper Kyd (:D) to make a brand new theme for the game.

It'd be amazing to see Jesper Kyd back.

Just imagine..

Going back to non-linear open sandbox levels
Back to contract killing in exotic locations
David Bateson\Vivienne Mckee back to voice 47\Diana
Jesper Kyd doing the soundtrack
The graphics of Absolution (minus the excessive bloom\lens glare)

Would be the best game of all time. And the ultimate make up gift to fans after Absolution (jusssayin)

AdrianShephard
10th May 2014, 00:51
It'd be amazing to see Jesper Kyd back.

Just imagine..

Going back to non-linear open sandbox levels
Back to contract killing in exotic locations
David Bateson\Vivienne Mckee back to voice 47\Diana
Jesper Kyd doing the soundtrack
The graphics of Absolution (minus the excessive bloom\lens glare)

Would be the best game of all time. And the ultimate make up gift to fans after Absolution (jusssayin)

Yeah what really stands out in Hitman is the soundtrack because most of the time you are just walking/waiting somewhere with nothing to do.

kewlak
10th May 2014, 03:50
I think there's no chance to hear Vivienne Mckee again. She wasn't in Absolution because of her health (64 yo). But it would be cool to hear her again.

S3R6i0
11th May 2014, 23:48
I think there's no chance to hear Vivienne Mckee again. She wasn't in Absolution because of her health (64 yo). But it would be cool to hear her again.

How do you know that's the reason? 64 doesn't necessarily mean a walking crutch while knocking on death's door. I just seen a video of her, she looks pretty much alive.

kewlak
12th May 2014, 22:45
I've heard that her health was the reason she wasn't in Absolution (i don't remember source of this info now). Don't know how is she now though.

S3R6i0
12th May 2014, 23:36
I've heard that her health was the reason she wasn't in Absolution (i don't remember source of this info now). Don't know how is she now though.

You may be wrong about that. During the making of Absolution they were gonna replace David Bateson (47), along with Vivienne McKee and Jesper Kyd, both of whom were replaced. After a public backlash of the news IO finally came to their senses and recast David Bateson only. Maybe it was due to financial reasons and IO felt they could weather it with Bateson alone. Although that's oddly strange considering the rest of the cast were A list actors. Not sure what the reason was, maybe they were smoking some good $heeet! at the time.

Hopefully Vivienne is in good health and ready and invited to play Diana again.

Itsrob
15th May 2014, 17:46
I'd love to see a modern version of this

-CUUOnE7bBk