PDA

View Full Version : Deus EX: The Fall, for Windows Phone

FedorKriviy
5th May 2014, 19:14
Are there anyone, who wants "Deus Ex: The fall" on Windows Phone?

Shralla
5th May 2014, 19:23
As an owner of a Windows Phone, not I.

3rdmillhouse
5th May 2014, 19:47
There are only two guys who own Windows Phone, there isn't even a market for that.

Shralla
5th May 2014, 19:52
It's a quickly growing market. Ignoring it now is going to put a lot of businesses playing catch up when they realize it suddenly has a 25% market share.

ResidentX
10th May 2014, 14:25
Shralla,

You are truly living up to the protagonist label. Windows Phone will never get DE: The Fall.
Unlike Apple, who has a tab/phone operating system. Windows/Microsoft has made the decision that the windows phone is different than the mainstream OS. Maybe it will catch up in time but I doubt it.

Shralla
10th May 2014, 18:13
Heh, my first response was saying that as an owner of Windows Phone, I had no interest.

Just saying that companies are going to be kicking themselves in a couple years. There are plenty of apps and games that I'm missing out on.

ResidentX
10th May 2014, 18:48
I love Microsoft but they missed the mobile revolution trying to protect windows. I think Microsoft made decision that as phones become more powerful they'll be able to run the regular windows or windows embedded. This would allow them to leverage everything they've built in the past. Unfortunately, the next generation of users have no history with Microsoft and will not be using windows phone even though it has lots of capabilities. I think many devs/users will just build the features in Apple IOS due to ignorance. Leverage what's available is my personal motto but not everyone thinks like me :-)

BridgetFisher
13th May 2014, 04:48
People own windows phones still? I thought they went the way of the dodo along with the Zune. Its odd how games are chosen for what platforms, Im still hoping for hitman GO on the PC, so far its a mobile exclusive.

Shralla
13th May 2014, 05:17
The Windows Phone market share has been growing over the last couple years. The Zune is also the player of choice for anybody who isn't willing to pay iPod prices.

ResidentX
14th May 2014, 21:15
People own windows phones still? I thought they went the way of the dodo along with the Zune. Its odd how games are chosen for what platforms, Im still hoping for hitman GO on the PC, so far its a mobile exclusive.

Windows Phone won't go away despite it's low sales. Microsoft has some interesting plans for the phone though. On Windows Azure, Microsoft is pushing developing games that flow across PC, Phone(IOS, Android and WP), Tablet and Xbox. They claim they can save and manage state across those platforms.

My issue with Windows phone is not it's features but how it's tied to the phone. I tried WP7 and got burned when WP8 rolled out so I'm taking a wait and see attitude with windows phone now.