PDA

View Full Version : Separate Sensitivity Settings...

S3R6i0
1st May 2014, 03:11
Okay, this is really important, and I hope enough people reply to raise the issue.

One major gripe I have with games, including Hitman, is how the sensitivity for both the third person camera and the weapon reticle are tied together. When sensitivity is low, aiming is better but your ability to look around fast is diminished. When sensitivity is high, aiming is harder, the reticle is all over the place, but you can look around a lot easier. I feel that as an assassin, awareness is key, being able to look left, right and behind you with bird-like reflexes is an important asset to 47. Not to mention the look-around sensitivity is already slow enough on highest setting, slowing down anymore to control your weapon better is truly patience being tested.

The third-person, over-the-shoulder aim, first person and any other right stick analog modes should all be customizable to have unique settings.

This is long overdue. Surely other forum members know what I'm talking about.

RoboCop
1st May 2014, 04:33
Okay, this is really important, and I hope enough people reply to raise the issue.

One major gripe I have with games, including Hitman, is how the sensitivity for both the third person camera and the weapon reticle are tied together. When sensitivity is low, aiming is better but your ability to look around fast is diminished. When sensitivity is high, aiming is harder, the reticle is all over the place, but you can look around a lot easier. I feel that as an assassin, awareness is key, being able to look left, right and behind you with bird-like reflexes is an important asset to 47. Not to mention the look-around sensitivity is already slow enough on highest setting, slowing down anymore to control your weapon better is truly patience being tested.

The third-person, over-the-shoulder aim, first person and any other right stick analog modes should all be customizable to have unique settings.

This is long overdue. Surely other forum members know what I'm talking about.

That's why I make a point to play all Hitman games on a PC (except Absolution)

S3R6i0
1st May 2014, 05:13
That's why I make a point to play all Hitman games on a PC (except Absolution)

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. Although, doing the rest on a keyboard must be awkward. And I like the feel of the triggers on the controller.

S3R6i0
1st May 2014, 05:16
Actually, I take some of it back. Silent Assassin and Contracts both had precision aiming. I wonder why it was removed in Blood Money. I think IO should bring it back in Hitman 6, with point shooting at a much less significant level for when you wanna take out multiple targets in style.

RoboCop
1st May 2014, 14:42
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that. Although, doing the rest on a keyboard must be awkward. And I like the feel of the triggers on the controller.

It's not that bad. My setup (for Blood Money) is:

WASD - for movement
E - running
Left Shift - crouch
C - inventory
R - dropping/throw items
Space - picking things up
F - map
Left Mouse Click - fire weapon
Right Mouse Click - Action button
Middle Mouse Click - Reload

I like how everything is really close to each other when I'm in a jiffy. BM controls took a while to get used to though since the other Hitman games had just the action button (right click) and a list would pop up that you could select an action from.

For example:

When you kill a guy and want his clothes and want to hide his body, in BM, you have to press one button to take his clothes, a different button to drag his body, and a different button to drop the body. It's also a different button to pick up his weapon.

In Silent Assassin or Codename 47, all your options are from the right click list so you don't need to scramble to choose the correct button, wasting valuable time.

It might be different for you if you played BM first, then the other games because you didn't know how it felt in the previous entries. I also understand that I am probably really slow at adapting to controls :D

S3R6i0
1st May 2014, 18:48
I can't even type well and I have trouble just using the internet. A controller is just more ergonomic. Maybe if I became practiced at typing.

One thing I hate is how the third person camera and the aim are both controlled by the mouse.

I like the graphics capabilities of the PC but the controller setup is just strange to me.

S3R6i0
2nd May 2014, 21:11
Nobody cares, seriously? I guess most of you are playing on a mouse. Anybody with a console should take heed.

RoboCop
2nd May 2014, 21:27
I can't even type well and I have trouble just using the internet. A controller is just more ergonomic. Maybe if I became practiced at typing.

One thing I hate is how the third person camera and the aim are both controlled by the mouse.

I like the graphics capabilities of the PC but the controller setup is just strange to me.

You get used to it...

Usually when you take out a weapon to fire, you are more focused on where the reticule is so you tend to treat aiming as if you were playing a FPS.

And the controls would be really clunky if both the camera and aiming weren't controlled be a mouse....I guess on the controller you get a left trigger which really helps if playing COD or another game requiring aiming.

The controller is much better in some situations and a keyboard/mouse is better on others.

In my opinion, Hitman is better suited for the PC keyboard layout. IO cutout a lot of features such as strafing to accommodate the limited number of buttons on a controller.

BTW I am not a big PC gamer. I play almost all of my games on console. It's only Borderlands, Unreal Tournament, real-time strategies, and Hitman on the PC for me.

AdrianShephard
2nd May 2014, 21:31
I tried Hitman BM on console and hated the control layout. I was coming from PC Hitman as well though.

S3R6i0
3rd May 2014, 21:56
Well, since nobody else cares, I hope IO reads this and takes note. Not a very tall order, so maybe there will be a fix.