PDA

View Full Version : DX Mankind Divided Trailer E3?

Lucifer
25th Apr 2014, 08:00
Hello

I wanted to ask about trailer or teaser that we gonna see at E3 of new DX?I hope we will get a lot information about the game.

JCpies
25th Apr 2014, 08:38
There's gonna be a fifteen second clip of a fetus.

-Neon-
25th Apr 2014, 12:55

"The father of Augmentation could be this fetus. Why would you want to abort it, unless you're conservative anti-aug scum?"

The conservatives become confused. "M-more conservative...? By... aborting????"

Shralla
25th Apr 2014, 21:30
I doubt we'll see one. It's not a enough of a heavy hitter to justify a reveal at one of the big conferences, and I don't think they would allow it to get drowned out by said conferences by releasing it alongside E3.

Besides, even if we get a trailer, we won't know anything about the game until three months before release, and it will all be bad news.

Ashpolt
25th Apr 2014, 21:47
I doubt we'll see one. It's not a enough of a heavy hitter to justify a reveal at one of the big conferences, and I don't think they would allow it to get drowned out by said conferences by releasing it alongside E3.

Really? Seems to me that the Deus Ex franchise is one of the biggest hitters left in the Square Enix stable. It's certainly one of their bigger sellers of recent years, and one of their few franchises where the most recent entry (ignoring The Fall, which I think we can all do safely) was almost universally praised. (See: Thief, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy.) If I were in Squeenix's marketing department, and I knew a new Deus Ex was on the way, I'd be ready to plaster it all over E3.

So the question is: do I reckon they've actually got anything to show at this point? We all but know they're working on Deus Ex 4 (plus, of course, The Fall episode 2! ahahahahaha I make funny joke) so it's certainly a matter of when, rather than if. When I spoke to JFD and David Anfossi last year, I asked if the next Deus Ex game existed in any playable state, and they said yes (yes, I've been sitting on that one for almost a year - I reckon their official marketing has given enough away that that's not really a secret anymore though) and they've had nearly a year's worth of development time since then so yes, I think we'll see more DX at E3 this year.

Then the next question is: will we like what we see? That I'm not so sure about...

FrankCSIS
26th Apr 2014, 01:58
Well, Square and Eidos will have to feature a few big news at E3. What are they working on nowadays, that's far enough into production to at least officially announce? They can't have more than 3-4 titles bigger than another DX, at least for the North American market. We're not at "huge poster" status yet, surely, but there must be something to announce about the franchise, 3 years later.

JCpies
26th Apr 2014, 09:17
Go Squeidos!

Yelorova
26th Apr 2014, 18:58
Would love to see something, probably we'll see a teaser.

3rdmillhouse
26th Apr 2014, 21:23

http://i.imgur.com/8AWc9MQ.gif

:lol: Good one, mate.

ZakKa89
30th Apr 2014, 15:00
Really? Seems to me that the Deus Ex franchise is one of the biggest hitters left in the Square Enix stable. It's certainly one of their bigger sellers of recent years, and one of their few franchises where the most recent entry (ignoring The Fall, which I think we can all do safely) was almost universally praised. (See: Thief, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy.) If I were in Square Enix's marketing department, and I knew a new Deus Ex was on the way, I'd be ready to plaster it all over E3.

So the question is: do I reckon they've actually got anything to show at this point? We all but know they're working on Deus Ex 4 (plus, of course, The Fall episode 2! ahahahahaha I make funny joke) so it's certainly a matter of when, rather than if. When I spoke to JFD and David Anfossi last year, I asked if the next Deus Ex game existed in any playable state, and they said yes (yes, I've been sitting on that one for almost a year - I reckon their official marketing has given enough away that that's not really a secret anymore though) and they've had nearly a year's worth of development time since then so yes, I think we'll see more DX at E3 this year.

Then the next question is: will we like what we see? That I'm not so sure about...

I feel so sad for square enix since apparently Tomb Raider, Hitman and Sleeping dogs did not sell well. You could say Deus Ex is one their most important franchises right now. Actually let me rephrase my first sentence, I feel bad Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs did not sell... screw that Hitman game.

3rdmillhouse
30th Apr 2014, 17:54
I feel so sad for Square Enix since apparently Tomb Raider, Hitman and Sleeping dogs did not sell well. You could say Deus Ex is one their most important franchises right now. Actually let me rephrase my first sentence, I feel bad Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs did not sell... screw that Hitman game.

Actually Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution sold a lot (according to VG-Chartz), but Square Enix came up with these ridiculously unrealistic sales expectations. They completely overestimated the market.

ZakKa89
1st May 2014, 13:47
Actually Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution sold a lot (according to VG-Chartz), but Square Enix came up with these ridiculously unrealistic sales expectations. They completely overestimated the market.

Oh really? Thank you for that information. I hope they get their sjit together, since they publish many franchises I care about dearly.

If you guys haven't played sleeping dogs yet: seriously check it out.

ontopic: A trailer would be cool, or at least some more information.

3rdmillhouse
1st May 2014, 15:31
Oh really? Thank you for that information. I hope they get their sjit together, since they publish many franchises I care about dearly.

If you guys haven't played sleeping dogs yet: seriously check it out.

ontopic: A trailer would be cool, or at least some more information.

Square Enix execs were so out of their minds that they expected Hitman Absolution to sell about 8 million copies, these guys were completely out of tuch with the market.

ZakKa89
1st May 2014, 19:17
Square Enix execs were so out of their minds that they expected Hitman Absolution to sell about 8 million copies, these guys were completely out of tuch with the market.

That's insane. Maybe they thought that horrible nun trailer would do the trick.