PDA

View Full Version : Realistic sound effects.

S3R6i0
24th Apr 2014, 04:26
So I was playing around with Contracts last night. I was playing on Professional difficulty. One thing that seemed to bother me was the absence of noise as a gang of SWAT ran up to my floor. Your wonderful overview map didn't display them either because I was on professional. They just ran up behind me and blew me into last thursday.

I want realistic sound effects that makes you exercise common sense. For example, if the SWAT is storming a hallway of tile flooring, I want to hear a stampede from inside an office to alert me to hide or brace myself for hell. In contrast, if I'm inside a pricey, luxurious hotel room, the sound proof walls should muffle the noise in the hallway. If 47 is in an area of brush, you should hear leaves and twigs cracking as enemies approach.

I feel this is more important as you move up to the harder difficulties.

AGENT 58
24th Apr 2014, 07:13
I agree.
Feature like that could add a lot of realism.
Same thing should be done when people are talking in room that‘s near you.

kewlak
24th Apr 2014, 09:42
I think SWAT shouldn't be noisy, because they are highly trained and they was certainly looking for 47.
But in any other situations if guards don't know about you - good idea!

S3R6i0
24th Apr 2014, 19:02
I think SWAT shouldn't be noisy, because they are highly trained and they was certainly looking for 47.
But in any other situations if guards don't know about you - good idea!

SWAT are highly trained, but they're not X-Men. They ran up the stairs 10 feet away from me, onto my level while my back was turned and executed me. That is my problem. Even on normal setting when the map doesn't display them because they're on the stairs. That is highly unrealistic. Besides, 47 is not an ordinary hitman. He has a keen sense of hearing and awareness, and that should be balanced out more.

I don't want Hitman to be super easy, but I do want the opportunity to be more creative instead of advancing through trial and error.

S3R6i0
24th Apr 2014, 19:08
Also, in a areas of brush, there should be squirrels and other critters thrown in to throw the player off. Hate to bring up Metal Gear Solid, but that game does a lot of things right that would enhance the Hitman experience.

RoboCop
26th Apr 2014, 02:18
So I was playing around with Contracts last night. I was playing on Professional difficulty. One thing that seemed to bother me was the absence of noise as a gang of SWAT ran up to my floor. Your wonderful overview map didn't display them either because I was on professional. They just ran up behind me and blew me into last thursday.

I want realistic sound effects that makes you exercise common sense. For example, if the SWAT is storming a hallway of tile flooring, I want to hear a stampede from inside an office to alert me to hide or brace myself for hell. In contrast, if I'm inside a pricey, luxurious hotel room, the sound proof walls should muffle the noise in the hallway. If 47 is in an area of brush, you should hear leaves and twigs cracking as enemies approach.

I feel this is more important as you move up to the harder difficulties.

I wouldn't be surprised that Contracts doesn't have the best sound effects---it's a ten year old game.

You can see an improvement in sound with every installation of the series (not soundtrack though :(). Absolution had some good effects with muffled sound -- like when you are outside of a bar and walk in.

S3R6i0
26th Apr 2014, 02:37
I wouldn't be surprised that Contracts doesn't have the best sound effects---it's a ten year old game.

You can see an improvement in sound with every installation of the series (not soundtrack though :(). Absolution had some good effects with muffled sound -- like when you are outside of a bar and walk in.

Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't mention that Absolution had good sound effects. Otherwise people will be against it.

RoboCop
26th Apr 2014, 19:09
Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't mention that Absolution had good sound effects. Otherwise people will be against it.

I think the consensus on sound editing with Absolution is that IO did a pretty good job (except for the stupid effects with the alert sounds and the constant "shhhhh" when getting spotted)

The quality of voice acting was in my opinion the best in any game (save Red Dead Redemption)