PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a new tomb raider gane

imported_El_Diablo
20th Apr 2014, 12:57
Hello everybody!

I have this idea since i first played with TR,so i think that a new episode would be great with dinosaurs,i mean full of dinosaurs,not just a small level part like in annyversary.
this is how i imagine the story:
We begin on a plane that going from peru to los angeles.after an hour of flying the plane
get in storm.a lighting hit one of the engines,and the other engines are stopped.the plane crash on an island full of dinosaurs and poachers.after the crash we need to head inside the island,where we found an ancient indian town.after that we found a camp in the temple,where we found an other survivors diary with the full description of the islan.after that we need to found a way to leave this island.

Jurre
20th Apr 2014, 13:19
Wow, I wish I could come up with such ideas :D

(See second link in my signature)

imported_El_Diablo
20th Apr 2014, 13:25
Wow, I wish I could come up with such ideas :D

(See second link in my signature)

That's just the base,i have much more about it.

namitokiwa
20th Apr 2014, 13:33
I know that this idea is great. But I think that CD won't make that idea anymore. They may doing something more complex and somekind connect with the Trinity company which was mentioned on the reboot.

imported_El_Diablo
20th Apr 2014, 13:39
I know that this idea is great. But I think that CD won't make that idea anymore.

are you sure?

Metalrocks
20th Apr 2014, 13:46
no offense, but since sounds like king kong mixed with dino crisis 2. even when i have to admit that its a nice little story.

Jurre
20th Apr 2014, 13:51
That's just the base,i have much more about it.
Seen the link? :)
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=137057

I know that this idea is great. But I think that CD won't make that idea anymore. They may doing something more complex and somekind connect with the Trinity company which was mentioned on the reboot.
Whether or not they would like the dinosaur idea, nobody knows, but the involvement of Trinity doesn't exclude any other major theme...

no offense, but since sounds like king kong mixed with dino crisis 2.
What's wrong with that?

namitokiwa
20th Apr 2014, 14:06
If they take the idea of dino again, I hope they could learn some ideas from the Turok FPS game, XD The main character in Turok has a bow, too XD

imported_El_Diablo
20th Apr 2014, 14:08

Wow!some part it's similar to mine,but who cares.

If they take the idea of dino again, I hope they could learn some ideas from the Turok FPS game, XD The main character in Turok has a bow, too XD

One of the best dinosaur games i've ever played.

namitokiwa
20th Apr 2014, 14:17
And If there is a part that Lara should sneak around to escape the dino such as the scenes of Jurrasic Park 1: a kitchen scene when 2 children need to sneak around to escape. It would make me more heart attack but It would be nice to see the facial of Lara. XD

imported_El_Diablo
20th Apr 2014, 14:25
And If there is a part that Lara should sneak around to escape the dino such as the scenes of Jurrasic Park 1: a kitchen scene when 2 children need to sneak around to escape. It would make me more heart attack but It would be nice to see the facial of Lara. XD

Im planning to write down the full story of my version,and there you will found a part like that.

Metalrocks
20th Apr 2014, 14:53

Whether or not they would like the dinosaur idea, nobody knows, but the involvement of Trinity doesn't exclude any other major theme...

What's wrong with that?

didnt say its wrong, just telling you on what it reminded me off. just personally i dont want to fight dinos only. just sounds a bit weird for a TR title if you ask me.

btw. just noticed that i wrote "since" instead of "this". dont know why i wrote since:scratch:

Jurre
20th Apr 2014, 14:59
. just personally i dont want to fight dinos only. just sounds a bit weird for a TR title if you ask me.

Neither do I. Both me and El Diablo also included men with guns into our scenarios :)

imported_El_Diablo
20th Apr 2014, 19:17
So here's my version of the story.

Tomb Raider:The Lost Land

Three month after the events in the dragons triangle Lara is in a plane that going from Peru to Los Angeles.In the past two weeks she’s working on the ica stones,and now she’s going to Sam’s birthday party.She’s talking with Sam on her mobile and tell her that she found something.The plane flight inside a storm,when a few minutes later a lighting hit one of the engines.A few seconds later the remaining engines stopped.The plane landed int he sea near the coast of an unknown island.Lara could get out from the wrecks and swam to the coast,and then she watched that the plane disappeared.She could save her mobile phone,but the battery was only enough for one call,so she quickly called back Sam and started to tell her what happend,but a few seconds later the phone is switched off.

She waited still morning and going inside the island.She was int he coastside jungle,when she step in a rope trap.A few minutes later two men came out and take her to some sort of camp,and put her in a cage.When she saw the guns and traps she realized that they are poachers.She asked them that what are they doing here,but before one of them could answer to her question the earth is started to shaking and a huge giganotosaur ran out of the trees,and grabbed the poacher in front of Lara’s cage.It hit the cage with it’s tail,and the cage is overturned,and the top of the cage is opened.Lara get out of the cage,grabbed the knife that the poacher dropped,and ran to the jungle.At one point she turned back and she saw that five more giganotosaur attacked the camp.

She continiued to head inside the island.She found a dead poacher with a samurai sword,when some kind of dromaeosaur attacked her.She grabbed the sword when the raptor jumped toward her.She quickly stabbed the raptor,and run toward a cliff to look around.She can’t belive what she saw.There were a group of titanosaur,hadrosaur and ornithopod dinosaur near a river.Then she realized that the ica stones are from here.From the cliff she saw some kind of indian building in the jungle,and she decided to go here.She found a path that going down from the cliff.

A half hour later she reach a lower part of the cliff,where she found two poacher.She sliently killed them and grabbed their gun.After that more poacher appeared,but she shoot down all of them.After that she continiued to going down to the valley.At the bottom of the valley she stopped to rest.Then she had a strange feeling,she felt that something watching her.Then something almost bite down her head.She turned back and cut down her attacker’s head.Then she noticed that there are more of them.She started tor an toward the river,but they are too fast.One of them jumped on Lara,and push her to the ground with it’s leg.She only saw the red glowing eyes,and the size of it.It’s around 6m long and 3m tall.Then she heard a roar of a giganotosaur,it was close,so Lara’s attackers just ran away.

She crossed on an old bridge to reach the other side of the river.She turned back and saw a giganotosaur with one of her attacher’s in it’s mouth.It watching Lara then walked away.At least now lara could see her attacker.It has red glowing eyes and as good camouflage that they are almost invisible at night.Then she saw an old indian building near the river.She decided to stay here untill morning.On the wall of the house she found some old hieroglyph about those creatures.She go inside,where she found a bow and some arrow.She thought that a poacher left it here.

At morning she continiued her way to the indian building.Halfway to the building She met with some hadrosaur.She’s just watching them,and when she wanted to touch one the become nervous,and ran away.She thought that this is because her,but a few second later three raptor appeared.She saw a H&K G36C assault rifle at the bottom of a tree.She quickly get it and shoot down the raptors.Ten minutes later she heard people.She’s going to investigate the sounds,and she found a huge poacher camp.They captured an abelisaur and planning to take it to the beach.They saw Lara and wanted to kill her.After killing a lot of them she released the abelisaur and it attacked the remaining poachers.Lara run away and continiue her way.She reach a big gate,and she realized that this was a town.

She entered to the town,and going to the temple.Here she found an other survivor,Joe Hernandez an ex-military soilder.He tells Lara that how did he get here,and give her his diary,where he write down everythin that he learned about the island and the dinos,also he show the hierogliphics in the town to Lara where she learn about that indian civilization.Also he tells that maybe they can leave this island if there are any working helicopter on that mylitary ship that 2 days ago stranded at the other end of the island.But when Lara mentioned the poachers Joe went to a building.It was a weapon store,containing weapons that Joe get from the poachers.

He bring out two FN M249 Para,a lot of ammo,and two rope.Lara asked that what are the ropes for,and Joe said that they are going to captuer Lara’s giganotosaur.He telled her that the indians learnd how to tame dinos such as the top predator of the island.After that Lara tamed her dino they going to the coast,encounterd many danger during their trip.When they reached the boat they found all of the people dead.When Joe cheched the choopers,but none of them worked.Then he go into the bridge to check the radio.It worked.Lara called Sam on the radio and sent her the coordinats of the island.

Sam said that they need an hour to reach the island and switched off the radio.Lara telled the good news,but she saw that Joe just watching the coast.She asked him that what’s the matter,when someone shoot to them.The whole poacher gang are here,and if it isn’t enough it began to darken.30 minutes later it’s completely dark,and the nightstalkers appeared too.They attacked the poachers,and going to the ship.Howewer Joe and Lara are out of ammo,so they called their giganotosaur to help them.After they killed all the poachers and the rest of the nightstalkers,Sam arrived with Jonah and they left the island.

Jurre
20th Apr 2014, 21:03
Yeah the good thing about a story with men with guns as well as creatures - be it dinosaurs or aliens or whatever - is that it creates a three-way conflict. a gunfight with human enemies could have a surprise ending by way of a T-rex bursting in and start attacking people.

I feel though that there must be an explanation as to how this Island (I still think it should be table mountain instead) is undiscovered by science and how the men with guns know about it...

My explanation would be that the table mountain with dinosaurs is in the middle of the Colombian jungle and in FARC territory so that's why it hasn't been discovered by science. I think that's perfectly plausible since a mountain in Mozambique remainded undiscovered until 2005 due to the civil war over there.

imported_El_Diablo
20th Apr 2014, 21:13
Hmm...an explanation:
Well in my story Joe talk to Lara from a top secret file called the Lost Land.

a gunfight with human enemies could have a surprise ending by way of a T-rex bursting in and start attacking people.

A t.rex?i think that if we are in S-america some S-american dino would be better.

Jurre
20th Apr 2014, 22:05
A t.rex?i think that if we are in S-america some S-american dino would be better.

Ha! And I thought that I was the biggest dino nerd here! :D Looks like I met my match. Very well, then we've got Giganotosaurus as the heavy hitter and Carnotaurus as the middle sized one. But do you know of a South American dromaeosaur or other kind of carnivore to fill the small predator gap?

Should the species of dinosaur also be restricted to a certain era, being the time from when the Island or table mountain became evolutionary isolated from the rest of the world? I was thinking of early Cretaceous...

Murphdawg1
21st Apr 2014, 01:06
So Lara visits Jurassic Park? Does she run across John Hammond?

Metalrocks
21st Apr 2014, 08:59
nice story. this time it really reminded me of the book (not the movie) the lost world.

imported_El_Diablo
21st Apr 2014, 12:54
But do you know of a South American dromaeosaur or other kind of carnivore to fill the small predator gap?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austroraptor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unenlagia

So Lara visits Jurassic Park? Does she run across John Hammond?

Umm...No!It's an island with evolved dinosaurs,like in king kong.

nice story. this time it really reminded me of the book (not the movie) the lost world.

You mean Conan Doyle's TLW or JP:TLW?Anyway,i haven't read them.

Jurre
21st Apr 2014, 13:52
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austroraptor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unenlagia
Alright, but while it's fun to see when a game developer has done their homework - like the shields in the King Arthur museum in Legend being the actual shields of Sir Kai and Sir Galahad and so forth, and the names on the coffins being the actual Celtic names of the characters (Myrddin instead of Merlin) - there's probably about twenty people who would notice it, and even if they were going to make a Giganotosaurus people would just call a T-rex anyway...

I read both. They're okay, but the movies are better...

There, I said it :D

imported_El_Diablo
21st Apr 2014, 14:14
there's probably about twenty people who would notice it, and even if they were going to make a Giganotosaurus people would just call a T-rex anyway...

Yeah,that's true.But,who knows?
And in my version they are evolved too.I imagine it's looking as a mix of turok,primeval and wwd giganotosaurus.

Rai
21st Apr 2014, 14:56
Hmm. While I'm not adverse to seeing dinosaurs again in TR, I'm not sure I'd like a whole game of them. And besides your brief mention of artefacts with the Ica stones, it doesn't seem very Tomb Raider like to me. Sorry.

imported_El_Diablo
21st Apr 2014, 15:14
Hmm. While I'm not adverse to seeing dinosaurs again in TR, I'm not sure I'd like a whole game of them. And besides your brief mention of artefacts with the Ica stones, it doesn't seem very Tomb Raider like to me. Sorry.

You forget the lost indian civilization,but i respect your opinion.

Jurre
21st Apr 2014, 15:44
And besides your brief mention of artefacts with the Ica stones, it doesn't seem very Tomb Raider like to me. Sorry.

That's because tombs and temples are so appurtenant to Tomb Raider that they go without saying :D we're just talking about the additional themes...

Metalrocks
21st Apr 2014, 16:04

JP:TLW and you should totally read them. both books are good and are written by michael crichton. ;)

imported_El_Diablo
21st Apr 2014, 16:09
JP:TLW and you should totally read them. both books are good and are written by michael crichton. ;)

I'm planning to read them,but at first i want to finish the journey to the center of the earth.

Metalrocks
21st Apr 2014, 16:24
I'm planning to read them,but at first i want to finish the journey to the center of the earth.

lol, saw the original movie but havent read the book yet. too busy reading lord of the rings. was able to get the whole book set that even included the hobbit.
i finished reading the first book of LOTR and nearly a quarter in to the second book.

Jurre
21st Apr 2014, 16:29
Since we're talking about literary classics: my favourite is From the Earth to the Moon; it's extraordinary how Jules Verne could fill an entire book with nothing but three men sitting in a tin can doing nothing :D

imported_El_Diablo
21st Apr 2014, 16:35
Hey,i want to know that what woud be better to my version,poachers,pirates or a drug cartell that use a special plant on the island?

Jurre
21st Apr 2014, 16:37
How about religious fanatics who think the dinosaurs are proof that the Earth is 6000 years old? :D

Metalrocks
21st Apr 2014, 16:44
Since we're talking about literary classics: my favourite is From the Earth to the Moon; it's extraordinary how Jules Verne could fill an entire book with nothing but three men sitting in a tin can doing nothing :D

my favorite book is still "sphere" by michael crichton. thats a book you cant put down. sure its not an old book (even when is was written over 20 years ago, if im not mistaken) but a damn good read. the movie, that has sharon stone, dustin hoffman and sam l. jackson is also not bad.

also "timeline" from the same author is an amazing book. the movie sucked on the other hand. they missed pretty much the important points that made the book a bestseller.

ok, we are getting off topic here. sorry.

imported_El_Diablo
21st Apr 2014, 16:50
How about religious fanatics who think the dinosaurs are proof that the Earth is 6000 years old? :D

Good idea!

Jurre
21st Apr 2014, 16:50
ok, we are getting off topic here. sorry.

Okay well two more things then:

Timeline: liked that also: didn't bother about the film.

I liked both Crichtons book and the film Congo; for different reasons: the book is a very serious, humourless adventure novel: the film is the stupidest B-movie I've ever seen, but I love every moment of it! "Stop eating my sesame cake!"

imported_El_Diablo
21st Apr 2014, 17:13
Allright,now let's back to the topic.

A new idea came to my mind,what about if that lost indian civilization still exist?
I mean that the drug cartell use them as a slave,they fight against them,and a war began between the cartell and indians.

Jurre
21st Apr 2014, 17:25
Well obviously they have a dread fascination with the dinosaurs, thinking of them as gods and the carnivores as demons, so to stave off their wrath they're sacrificing their prettiest virgins to them. And they bang on their drums and are doing crazy dances with torches.

Having natives around shooting arrows at you also gives an exuse to find bundles of arrows everywhere; if Lara was to go up against some modern military it would be beyond odd to find ammunition for a bow :)

imported_El_Diablo
25th Apr 2014, 14:31
Since i changed some things in the story i decided to rewrite it as a fan fiction story.

zwanzig_zwoelf
25th Apr 2014, 16:21
bro id like dubstep soundtrack like wubwubwub im lara croft and im raiding your tomb you little shill

imported_El_Diablo
25th Apr 2014, 16:30
bro id like dubstep soundtrack like wubwubwub im lara croft and im raiding your tomb you little shill

dubstep for Tomb Raider?

Edit:
the first part of the script:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=2004304#post2004304

zwanzig_zwoelf
28th Apr 2014, 02:21
bro yes dubstep soundtrack should fit tomb raider make it like wubwubwub during combat and during big jumps like waab wuub wuub wuub and during stealthy moments like wuub wubwub wuub wuub also during exploration make it like wuub wuub wuub wuub also bro i didnt like your script it really reads boring no offence but let me make a friendly suggestion how about adding zombies and vampires into the plot and i think you should read twilight as a good example of good writing and ideas

zwanzig_zwoelf
28th Apr 2014, 09:57
Don't take it seriously, no one else does.

bro are you deliberately mocking me seriously i dont like it i am sharing my ideas here and then someone discredits them for no reason please stop it good lady

Heidi_W
28th Apr 2014, 10:14
dubstep for Tomb Raider?

Don't take it seriously, no one else does.

imported_El_Diablo
28th Apr 2014, 16:56
bro i didnt like your script it really reads boring

You mean the old script,or the new that i just begined?
And about the vampire/zombie thing,no!i'm only include dinosaurs and the members of that drug cartel.
And an other thing:if i need ideas im going to create polls,where i'm going to include the options,before i release that part that going to include it.

zwanzig_zwoelf
28th Apr 2014, 21:49
bro i was talking about the one you started why dont you include zombies and vampires they are cool and fit the univers also now when you think of it i think ancient cults and apocalypse themes would fit the game too and dont forget about romances make more romances

imported_El_Diablo
29th Apr 2014, 12:21
bro i was talking about the one you started why dont you include zombies and vampires they are cool and fit the univers also now when you think of it i think ancient cults and apocalypse themes would fit the game too and dont forget about romances make more romances

zombies/vampires:i'm not going to include them because the dinos and bad guys are enough!This is a "DINOSAUR island",not a zombie or vampire island!
ancient cults:you forget about the indians?
romance:i just begined the new script,so you need to wait.

zwanzig_zwoelf
29th Apr 2014, 13:38
bro i understand i will look forward to read more and i hope lara will have a romance with joheir in the end of the script feel free to read my scripts to get some tips and ideas

imported_El_Diablo
29th Apr 2014, 13:53
bro i understand i will look forward to read more and i hope lara will have a romance with joheir in the end of the script feel free to read my scripts to get some tips and ideas

Joheir?

zwanzig_zwoelf
29th Apr 2014, 14:37
Joheir?

bro yeah that fat guy i always forget his name so i call him joheir because he reminds me of my childhood friend who was fat and dumb and had a bad haircut

imported_El_Diablo
29th Apr 2014, 14:45
bro yeah that fat guy i always forget his name so i call him joheir because he reminds me of my childhood friend who was fat and dumb and had a bad haircut

You mean Jonah?well,maybe not with him,but...read the v1.script one page back.

BridgetFisher
30th Apr 2014, 11:52
I like this idea alot, it harkens back to what made Lara Croft an adventurer for me as a gamer. When playing a Tomb Raider game, everything was new to me and different from fighting dinosaurs or wild tigers to exploring places Id never seen before. I think all things in a tomb raider game should be adventurous and different, the last game just used humans as enemies mostly so it wasnt very adventurous at all for a brand about an adventurer.

Id like to see Lara return to her roots that made her brand famous, fighting dinosaurs, demons, and other fantastic things. If people forgot just see the movies and look at the evil buddhist statues and other things, Id like to see that again, zombies, or werewolves there are tons of fun ideas I saw in this thread that sure are adventurous ideas!

*best idea I thought was maybe a part with a cult of ancient buddhists running around trying to rip out your heart like in Temple of doom. That would be epic.

imported_El_Diablo
30th Apr 2014, 18:07
Part 2:http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=2004986#post2004986

zwanzig_zwoelf
4th May 2014, 23:33
bro so cool you are a good writer not as good as rhianna though rhianna is a goddess in the flesh she deserves to bath in milk and get proper treatment i wish she would also work on deus ex cuz she is very nice bro i still suggest you add zombies and vampires to your story

imported_El_Diablo
5th May 2014, 16:48
What about undead dinos or some kind of man made species,and a pterosaur that live on blood just like vampire bat?I just need more info about trinity,and i'll se if they will fit in my story.