PDA

View Full Version : Young TR2013 Lara in TR10

daventry
12th Apr 2014, 13:00
Would you like a Young TR2013 Lara in TR10

Heidi_W
12th Apr 2014, 14:15
Cool! :D

You mean like in a flashback sequence? Yeah, that would be definitely fun to watch, and it would give us a bit of background on reboot!Lara...

Driber
12th Apr 2014, 14:58
Nice render!

I changed the title as you requested and also thumbed the big image while I was at it :)

Metalrocks
12th Apr 2014, 15:00
nice. i also hope that we will have some playable flashbacks of lara when she was younger.

daventry
12th Apr 2014, 16:12
Thanks Driber, lets hope Square takes Note of this Thread

Driber
12th Apr 2014, 16:46
Dunno about SE, but the devs at Crystal are definitely having a close eye here on the official forum ;)

daventry
12th Apr 2014, 16:52
Oh so Meagan Marie is from Crystal then

Driber
12th Apr 2014, 17:10
Not the only CD dev who's on here (most of them are lurkers, heh) but yeah, she is :)

Well, for a few more days anyway ~_~

Treeble
12th Apr 2014, 17:47
I don't think we need any flashbacks just yet. They should keep the focus on a matured post-Yamatai Lara and keep building her from there.

Rai
12th Apr 2014, 22:55
Uh, can't we just forget young CoreLara ever happened?. I know you're not talking about her in this instance, but that outfit just brings it all back :(.

I'd rather concentrate on Lara as she is now. She's young enough. Let's see her develop further into the Tomb Raider.

Jurre
13th Apr 2014, 10:33
I kinda agree with Treeble and Rai here: the purpose of a flashback to someones childhood should be to show a life defining moment that shapes the character for the rest of their life. But the whole point of the Yamatai adventure was that that was that life defining moment and Lara stumbled into it completely green and unprepared.

So unless there's a really good reason for it, no, better not...

Metalrocks
14th Apr 2014, 06:56
they still can show about her childhood, if not even at the time she was at uni and how she has met sam. this can happen when certain situations remind her of it or when she is dreaming from either resting or being knocked out. something similar to max payne.
having a little switch would be nice from all the serious moments she is in.
also it can define her character more or and who she was before yamatai.

Driber
14th Apr 2014, 08:25
they still can show about her childhood, if not even at the time she was at uni and how she has met sam.

IIRC, Lara and Sam became friends already before uni.

dark7angel
14th Apr 2014, 09:08

I think I remember reading about this too... they became friends at boarding school.

Rai
14th Apr 2014, 09:12
they still can show about her childhood, if not even at the time she was at uni and how she has met sam. this can happen when certain situations remind her of it or when she is dreaming from either resting or being knocked out. something similar to max payne.
having a little switch would be nice from all the serious moments she is in.
also it can define her character more or and who she was before yamatai.

Why would I want to find out when she met Sam?:scratch: Is she and Sam a double act in the games now? Gosh, I hope not.

Metalrocks
14th Apr 2014, 12:01

yes, there was something but not 100% sure anymore. anyway, i wasnt referring to uni only. should have made it clearer. just saying that they can show how the have met as such.

Why would I want to find out when she met Sam?:scratch: Is she and Sam a double act in the games now? Gosh, I hope not.

lol, just an idea i had to give lara more character and how she was in the past.

we will see what CD came up with, if they should ever implement this in the next title.

daventry
14th Apr 2014, 12:17
Why would I want to find out when she met Sam?:scratch: Is she and Sam a double act in the games now? Gosh, I hope not.Thats how i saw it Immediately in the Game, Lara was Especially Close to Sam.

Friends can be close, but Closer then that, yea theres something going on alright.

IIRC, Lara and Sam became friends already before uni.Until in the Game, their Relationship became a little to close for comfort, i mean Lara Really went on about Sam and even when Lara managed to Rescue her, who was Lara ever so closely as possible sitting next to at the Boat with....... SAM.

Its like the old saying, what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas, aka Uni.

I swear, if they make Lara a Lesbian, im DONE with TR Forever.

Theres already allot of Artwork and XPS Screens with Lara and Sam as a Couple, i think they have Cross Names aswell.

Just Google Lara and Sam, then go to the Images, Crystal what have you Done with Lara Croft.

Jurre
14th Apr 2014, 13:12
Whatever the situation, I think flashbacks to childhoods are a little overdone at this point; especially in the adventure genre: Indiana Jones did it, Tomb Raider did it two times already, and Uncharted did it, after all they had to make sure they ripped as much from Indiana Jones off as possible...

Thats how i saw it Immediately in the Game, Lara was Especially Close to Sam.
----
Just Google Lara and Sam, then go to the Images, Crystal what have you Done with Lara Croft.
This is gonna spark that discussion again that has a lengthy topic of it's own: but I just wanna say: no, it's not Crystal Dynamics: it's people who are seeing things that are not there... The evidence points towards Sam being straight. It's fanfiction, nothing more.

Metalrocks
14th Apr 2014, 13:24

Friends can be close, but Closer then that, yea theres something going on alright.

Until in the Game, their Relationship became a little to close for comfort, i mean Lara Really went on about Sam and even when Lara managed to Rescue her, who was Lara ever so closely as possible sitting next to at the Boat with....... SAM.

Theres already allot of Artwork and XPS Screens with Lara and Sam as a Couple, i think they have Cross Names aswell.

so far CD never confirmed it yet and stated that lara will not have much time for this kind of stuff. could be still possible the way it sounds but nothing 100%.
either CD makes it optional for the player or not at all or just leave it for the imagination of the player.

yes, there are plenty of these images on google with these two making out (thats where i got pics from for my sig) but so is also from other female characters like from the RE titles. hell, there was even a pic of pretty much all female characters of RE doing together.

sure, lara is really close to sam in the game and cares a lot about her. still think its good to see lara caring for her friends and obviously sam. its not like she ignored everyone else. she even tried to save a pilot she didnt know at all.
thats why i think that their relationship should be better explained. all we know is, that sam is really important to her and i like to know why. this was never really explained well in in the game or even in the comic.

daventry
14th Apr 2014, 13:31
This is gonna spark that discussion again that has a lengthy topic of it's own: but I just wanna say: no, it's not Crystal Dynamics: it's people who are seeing things that are not there... The evidence points towards Sam being straight. It's fanfiction, nothing more.Lets hope thats true, i mean its like that so called Rape Scene with that Guy and Lara witch People Immediately jumped the Bus on and made assumptions on it, thus it Never Happened and was Never going to happen.

The Worse thing about the Situation is when you look at the Video Game of Skyrim with the Children and yea ive seen those Nasty Mods where People got Banned for it, plus you dont even need a Mod when theres a Child litterly running to you and Insist you be Her Father, i mean Seriously, im so many things in the Game and a Child is practically jumping on my back to be Her Father, so you can Imagine what a Mod for TR could do with Lara and Sam and that Guy.
[COLOR="Lime"]so far CD never confirmed it yet and stated that lara will not have much time for this kind of stuff. could be still possible the way it sounds but nothing 100%.
either CD makes it optional for the player or not at all or just leave it for the imagination of the player.

yes, there are plenty of these images on google with these two making out (thats where i got pics from for my sig) but so is also from other female characters like from the RE titles. hell, there was even a pic of pretty much all female characters of RE doing together.

sure, lara is really close to sam in the game and cares a lot about her. still think its good to see lara caring for her friends and obviously sam. its not like she ignored everyone else. she even tried to save a pilot she didnt know at all.
thats why i think that their relationship should be better explained. all we know is, that sam is really important to her and i like to know why. this was never really explained well in in the game or even in the comic.I once made the Mistake of making a XPS Screen of the Hulk and She Hulk being Together before i realized they were Cousins, well nobody told me that.

Driber
14th Apr 2014, 13:37

Until in the Game, their Relationship became a little to close for comfort, i mean Lara Really went on about Sam and even when Lara managed to Rescue her, who was Lara ever so closely as possible sitting next to at the Boat with....... SAM.

That's all just fan fic. Nothing to do with CD and official canon.

so far CD never confirmed it yet and stated that lara will not have much time for this kind of stuff. could be still possible the way it sounds but nothing 100%.

CD has been clear enough. The only problem is that stubborn shippers do not want to see it and try to keep pushing it :whistle:

thats why i think that their relationship should be better explained. all we know is, that sam is really important to her and i like to know why. this was never really explained well in in the game or even in the comic.

There's nothing to "better explain". Lara and Sam are close friends, nothing more. Everything makes perfect sense without injecting romantic fantasies.

daventry
14th Apr 2014, 13:41
There's nothing to "better explain". Lara and Sam are close friends, nothing more.Can i hold you tight and cuddle you even though we are Just Close Friends

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2014/096/d/b/tomb_raider_2013__screenshot__lara_n_sam__7_by_eddy7454-d7dalck.png

Ok we are getting Way Off-Topic here, The End.

dark7angel
14th Apr 2014, 13:43
Can i hold you tight and cuddle you even though we are Just Close Friends

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2014/096/d/b/tomb_raider_2013__screenshot__lara_n_sam__7_by_eddy7454-d7dalck.png

That's completely normal behavior from two straight girls.

Jurre
14th Apr 2014, 13:46

Too late mate, this subject is like a buffalo herd: once it's set in motion there's no stopping it... But I've got another thing to say about but I will do so in the appropriate thread.

Driber
14th Apr 2014, 13:49
That's completely normal behavior from two straight girls.

Yup. And more...

Metalrocks
14th Apr 2014, 14:17
CD has been clear enough. The only problem is that stubborn shippers do not want to see it and try to keep pushing it :whistle:

There's nothing to "better explain". Lara and Sam are close friends, nothing more. Everything makes perfect sense without injecting romantic fantasies.

lol, why do i have the feeling hat you mean me as well :p
but wasnt the answer that lara has no time for this? they have never said that lara is not in to girls or generally her choice of gender.

and i think you misinterpreted my meaning with "their relationship better explained" comment. i didnt mean their homo relationship, i meant their "friendship" relationship. and yes, it does need more explanation. i always felt lost why lara was so sam focused. ok, she is important to her, but why? what made them so close? dont tell me that you never asked your self that. i know i am not the only one who who asked this question.

daventry
14th Apr 2014, 14:23
And thats what confused me in the Game witch made me and Many People think otherwise, if they werent so close together, then we may not have had these Sam and Lara Relationship Images and Sam would've been Dead with Himiko in Full Power, thus Lara Kills Her, Cries about Sam and say Goodbye and Everyone would've moved on. Now we have all this Theories and Speculations about Sam and Lara.

The Mistake Crystal keeps making are Two Things:

Making Lara into a Hollywood Emotional Wreck

Always something about the Parents.

Jurre
14th Apr 2014, 14:28
It's not like a character must either die or end up in bed with the hero: I like it that Sam now has a chance of becoming a regular character in Lara's world. But they are not lovers, and all that crusading a little while ago has made me utterly resent the idea to be honest...

And I completely disagree about the emotions and parents...

Driber
14th Apr 2014, 14:41
Metal, the OP asked to get back on topic, so I've replied to you in the appropriate place: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2002585&postcount=2915

Edit: okay, I guess he's fine discussing it here, after all :p

Metalrocks
14th Apr 2014, 15:08
Metal, the OP asked to get back on topic, so I've replied to you in the appropriate place: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2002585&postcount=2915

Edit: okay, I guess he's fine discussing it here, after all :p

lol, looks like it. just commented quickly to it since i know that it will not happen asap that we will continue this conversation in the right thread.

but yes, lets go back to the original topic.
playable flashbacks of young lara.