PDA

View Full Version : General sketch of new Hitman, Ambience, etc.

kewlak
11th Apr 2014, 14:22
I think new Hitman should be more realistic, and i'm talking here especially about AI. Hitman is series about killer, so main case should be work on that killer's surroundings: better enemies' AI and effective for that AI hiding places.
Like in race game important is physics, so in assassin game important should be realistic targets' behaviour.
Hitman 6 should be more assassin simulator than unrealistic movie-like game about assassin. I know that You guys from IOI can't make ideal game - no one can, but I'm asking You for make more realistic game than attractive.

I'm very disappointed about Absolution: too much AI's talking - too little thinking (blind AI especially), too much action - too little ambience.
I think Blood Money was much better game, even that ambience in it was similar to Absolution's (but Hitman in BM was much more professional than in Absolution!!).

Ambience can be created by non-interactive cinematics too - I rather like to kill target in my own way than in some "point and click" cinematics (Sheriff Skurky, Wade).

I very like cinematics from all Hitman series, except Absolution. The best cinematic there is dialogue between 47 and Dexter Jr on the desert - the all others - lame, 47's SHOWING HIS FACE on the ring only to inform Machete who he is - WTF?! He could pull out informations without blowing his cover in front of hundreds of people!! And 47 affords to capture himself twice??

Even that Absolution pass for game with the best plot - paradoxically it has the most ridiculous story from all Hitman games. Victoria - the base of plot hardly talking in it... or someone tells me what's the big deal with the coin?

kewlak
29th Apr 2014, 23:18
No reply? Ambience from which Hitman do you like the most? I think Contracts and Codename 47 had the best one - dark and mysterious , what suits to game about killer. In my opinion H6 should be like that, maybe no so psychedelic like Contracts, but a bit.
Silent Assassin - too bright, Blood Money - too little secretiveness (denuded ICA of cover, but the most realistic from the series so far), Absolution - ... .

S3R6i0
30th Apr 2014, 02:47
I think Contracts and Blood Money are tied. The mood and atmosphere for each game are good in their own ways. Contracts was dark and seedy and complemented 47's world well. Blood Money took a turn in a different direction, with a variety of exotic locations. The mood was toned down quite a bit from Contracts to a more colorful, yet adrenaline rushed world.

I think the next Hitman should be a combination of both. I liked the dark, taboo vibe of Contracts but the game didn't really have much variety. I think that was a good theme to go with at the time but now it's been done already and there's no need to revisit that. Hitman 6 should have a more variety of locations but still include a few satanic levels to balance out the color.

One thing I noticed about Blood Money was the silliness of it all. The comical pedestrians and lightheartedness in contrast to the more serious tone of Contracts.

Maybe IO will go in an entirely new direction as far as the tone of the game. As long as the gameplay is back to normal I have total faith in whatever they do as far as this subject is concerned.

Itsrob
30th Apr 2014, 03:13
^ Agreed.

One thing I absolutely loved about Contracts was the dark and depressing but realistic atmosphere and ambience. It showed the dark reality of the business 47 was in.

The AI and atmosphere in Absolution was sort of a joke. The Villains were obnoxious comic book characters and it seemed like almost every AI talked, and when they talked they usually said something corny\not serious which sort of killed the serious\professional tone that the rest of the series had. I mean it's fine for an easter egg on occasion, but it's something else to have the game so full of them that it changes the mood of the game into one that isn't serious.

I hope the atmosphere and mood of the next game is serious and professional. And at times dark and gritty like Contracts.

AdrianShephard
30th Apr 2014, 04:06
Both Contracts and Blood Money had some great atmosphere. Absolution was definitely the worst out of all the games (way too silly).

Now that you mention it, I think Hitman: Codename 47 had the best atmosphere of the series. Perhaps it was because you were a bald, cold-blooded, methodical, and complete bad ass clone that went around killing the people who made/contributed to your creation. The game was serious at times but funny/clever when appropriate. It had a balance that Contracts and Blood Money couldn't achieve. This isn't saying the either of the latter are bad, just that Codename 47's atmosphere was a particularly strong aspect of the game.

Codename 47 also had the most diverse variety of mission locales each with their own respective ambiance.

The Hong Kong missions (were the most BS ;)) had you feeling BAMF when you infiltrated a heavily fortified area but were also super fun to just blast your way through. The Rotterdam missions were the dark missions of the game (literally, it was at night) and were way more serious than the others. The hotel mission (Franz Fuchs) was more of the challenging professional hit variety. And then there were the jungle missions...I really wish they remastered these. In my opinion, there are no set of missions like these. The music/atmosphere of walking in the jungle being watched by natives and other militia was out of this world. That was the moment when I knew Jesper Kyd was one of the best composers (also St. Petersburg in Silent Assassin).

S3R6i0
30th Apr 2014, 04:30
One of my favorite parts about Blood Money was in the level Murder of Crows, the New Orleans natives with the exaggerated accents. I remember walking in with the brief case and being greeted by a guy in a red bird suit. "Right this way, sir. The Boss Man is expecting you." Blood Money had a great atmosphere albeit not as serious as earlier entries. That's what was great about BM. It was all about fun. Absolution tried to do the same but just couldn't quite pull it off.

AdrianShephard
1st May 2014, 04:20
^ Agreed.

One thing I absolutely loved about Contracts was the dark and depressing but realistic atmosphere and ambience. It showed the dark reality of the business 47 was in.

The AI and atmosphere in Absolution was sort of a joke. The Villains were obnoxious comic book characters and it seemed like almost every AI talked, and when they talked they usually said something corny\not serious which sort of killed the serious\professional tone that the rest of the series had. I mean it's fine for an easter egg on occasion, but it's something else to have the game so full of them that it changes the mood of the game into one that isn't serious.

I hope the atmosphere and mood of the next game is serious and professional. And at times dark and gritty like Contracts.

The only time I enjoyed the Absolution atmosphere was during the strip club part with the dead dancer in the back room area. That was pretty dark and totally reminded me of Contracts.