PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider 10 - any news?

namitokiwa
5th Apr 2014, 14:21
Like what everyone saw in the title. Are there any news for the Tomb Raider 10? Screenshot? Something or anything?
I want to know at least there could be any leak scenes or leak artworks? :rolleyes:
Tomb Raider reboot sequel are too quiet. :mad2:
I am playing TR Legend and Anniversary again. Wait for day by day to see IF there is somethings gonna release. :worship:

Jurre
5th Apr 2014, 14:50
Not a damn thing. Nothing else to say...

Rai
6th Apr 2014, 01:21
It's being made. That.is.all.

Andrashi
7th Apr 2014, 17:37
No news and from my point of view, the silence is better than providing inaccurate/WIP info to garner attention, only to PR twist the info later because of altered design decisions.

zwanzig_zwoelf
7th Apr 2014, 23:18
bro let them say what they want they develop the game they will decide what they give to us id like to play new tomb raider asap or just have some details like well turn lara into male and call her lars

Wh1t3Kn1te
8th Apr 2014, 00:10
im guessing they will say something at e3 this year

Heidi_W
8th Apr 2014, 08:50
im guessing they will say something at e3 this year

Seems the most likely possibility - I'm sure they'll wait until a major tech event like E3 to reveal snippets of TR10, rather than just randomly leaking out tidbits here and there.

My theory is that they had a well-honed plan to bridge the gap between TR9 and10 with the monthly comic series, so my best guess would be an early 2015 release...

namitokiwa
10th Apr 2014, 18:33
Or maybe this year, they may show the E3 trailer (CGI), then next year, they would show a short trailer for the PAX, the next E3 would show footage gameplay. And in around 2016, we may get a game.

mark_79
15th Apr 2014, 23:57
http://gamersyndrome.com/2014/video-games/tomb-raider-2-details-revealed-as-square-enix-hire-new-team/

Rai
16th Apr 2014, 00:21
Crystal Dynamics seem to be always hiring, so I'm not sure how much 'news' this is :p. And we know they need a new Community Manager. If they are making a reveal for E3 and they want a community event to be put together, they'd better get a move on. I imagine it takes a bit of time to organise.

CakeLuv
17th Apr 2014, 04:13
After I read 2012 I just closed it tbh.

Driber
17th Apr 2014, 18:34
Yeah, that's not really news, lol. Just some website desperate to write articles on anything :whistle:

And gotta love how they are speculating about the CM position and E3. If only they dug a bit deeper rather than just scratching the surface; they'd find out about Meagan's departure :p

Rai
17th Apr 2014, 23:15
As CD are looking for a new CM, I reckon you (in general) can guess she's left?

Driber
17th Apr 2014, 23:40
^ The context of that article kinda makes it sound like they think CD hasn't had a CM (for a while) and are only now hiring one to cover E3, does it not?

If not, what point are they trying to make :scratch:

Rai
18th Apr 2014, 00:15
That's not how it reads to me. Just that now they are hiring a new CM, they think there's hope of an E3 real. The Job description specifically mentions the need to be able to organise events such as E3, Pax etc. Maybe that's why they're making these (hopeful) assumptions.

Driber
18th Apr 2014, 10:03
That's not how it reads to me. Just that now they are hiring a new CM, they think there's hope of an E3 real. The Job description specifically mentions the need to be able to organise events such as E3, Pax etc. Maybe that's why they're making these (hopeful) assumptions.

Okay, so if they knew that's what a CM at CD does, and that the last CM just happened to leave, then they wouldn't necessarily put those dots together, right? ;)

namitokiwa
20th Apr 2014, 12:04
Still have nothing about the next E3, I think CD is not ready to show on this E3 when a lot of big games coming. I think the nexxt E3 CD may show the game with trailer and gameplay the same time. :(

Heidi_W
28th Apr 2014, 10:24
The CM isn't the one working on the trailers or preview footage - these are possibly ready to go for E3, so I don't think the advertisement affects their timeline any.

bahareh
13th May 2014, 12:31
I hope tomb raider 10 coming soon....

RybatGrimes
14th May 2014, 02:28
I don't care if it's the most vague teaser in this history of teasers I just want something at E3.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/fd1810638ae30535391afcfa042b9e46/tumblr_inline_n5jlkuLoah1qgigev.gif

Rai
14th May 2014, 11:03
At this stage, I'm kinda meh about it. Not so much as a hint of a CD rep going to E3? I'd be surprised if they even bothered to reveal the title. Maybe they were too hasty to even reveal they were working on the game.

Driber
14th May 2014, 11:53
At this stage, I'm kinda meh about it. Not so much as a hint of a CD rep going to E3? I'd be surprised if they even bothered to reveal the title. Maybe they were too hasty to even reveal they were working on the game.

Well, what if CD didn't reveal that they are working on TR10, early on? Then you'd have fans going nuts over that, and constantly trying to push CD into revealing if they are working on a new game or not. Would that have made things any easier for you guys right now? ;)

Shaikh
14th May 2014, 15:47
So, CrystalD is actually hiring a new CM too? Is that true? Is there a job vacancy for that post on their official website? :scratch:

Rai
14th May 2014, 18:24
Well, what if CD didn't reveal that they are working on TR10, early on? Then you'd have fans going nuts over that, and constantly trying to push CD into revealing if they are working on a new game or not. Would that have made things any easier for you guys right now? ;)

There's always going to speculation almost as soon as one game is released, fans start wondering about the next :p. But I can't get hyped over the possibility of an E3 reveal anymore, when we have nothing to go on other than the game is being made.

So, CrystalD is actually hiring a new CM too? Is that true? Is there a job vacancy for that post on their official website? :scratch:

There was a job ad, it's gone now, at least from what I can see.

Rai
23rd May 2014, 22:11
Sorry for the DP, but, you know, no one else is posting.

Can anyone confirm if TR10 is not appearing at E3? I mean, someone to say 'sorry, we're not ready to reveal it yet...soon'. Because to be frank, I'd rather know if it definitely isn't than wonder if it is :p.

Driber
24th May 2014, 13:16
There's always going to speculation almost as soon as one game is released, fans start wondering about the next :p. But I can't get hyped over the possibility of an E3 reveal anymore, when we have nothing to go on other than the game is being made.

I think you missed the point I was making, heh.

You were posing the question whether it would have been better if CD waited with revealing that they are working on TR10, until some time later, because the reveal + then a long time no news is making fans restless.

So I posed a counter question; if that would really have been much better, because then fans will get restless for not knowing if CD is even developing a new game at all.

Sorry for the DP, but, you know, no one else is posting.

Can anyone confirm if TR10 is not appearing at E3? I mean, someone to say 'sorry, we're not ready to reveal it yet...soon'. Because to be frank, I'd rather know if it definitely isn't than wonder if it is :p.

I believe CD's policy is to not respond to rumours. CD revealing TR10 at this year's E3 is a rumour, so that means......

Rai
24th May 2014, 15:04
I believe CD's policy is to not respond to rumours. CD revealing TR10 at this year's E3 is a rumour, so that means......

...if anyone asks, they'd be rewarded with one of these?: http://www.themuralist.co.uk/images/wall.jpg

:p

Driber
25th May 2014, 08:46
I think you got it :p :D

Lukass
25th May 2014, 11:29
Driber knows more than we do...for sure ;)

SamanthaScofield
2nd Jun 2014, 18:43
I hope not showing any "pre-E3" stuff means they wanna surprise us, not they don't have anything to show. :scratch:

Rai
2nd Jun 2014, 20:13
Well SE's E3 schedule does include two unannounced projects. Being broadcast on Twitch (http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/06/twitch-broadcast-schedule-for-e3/). This may or may not mean TR news. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif Guess we'll have to continue to wait and see *sigh*

Ellie92
2nd Jun 2014, 20:24
Someone of SE was talking about an open world game of a well known franchise. I guess he meant Just Cause 3.

Just Cause 3 and Tomb Raider 10, that would be amazing.

Rai
3rd Jun 2014, 23:39
Does no on curr about TR10/2 anymore? E3 is like five days away and not even a peep out of anyone. You're all so reserved! Bless. :p

Andrashi
4th Jun 2014, 06:31
Wait for it Rai, don't worry. CD wants to sell, CD will promote. And if they learnt their lesson from shady TR9 marketing (we are creating survival realistic game ... ops sorry, we meant Uncharted style game with survival story elements and realistic environment) and are waiting with PR till they have their priorities settled regarding the TR10 project, I am only delighted.

Driber
4th Jun 2014, 08:57
Does no on curr about TR10/2 anymore? E3 is like five days away and not even a peep out of anyone. You're all so reserved! Bless. :p

Well what else is there to do than wait right now? ;)

What's the point in spamming things like "arrgggg, I'm sooo exited!!!" every day that does nothing but being loud for the sake of being loud and getting people hyped up about something that might not happen, and thus unnecessarily disappointing people :p

Being reserved is a smart thing :cool:

Wait for it Rai, don't worry. CD wants to sell, CD will promote. And if they learnt their lesson from shady TR9 marketing (we are creating survival realistic game ... ops sorry, we meant Uncharted style game with survival story elements and realistic environment) and are waiting with PR till they have their priorities settled regarding the TR10 project, I am only delighted.

Considering the unparalleled sales figures of TR9 and the shipload of awards the game received, we can only conclude that their PR was doing a bang good job.

Rai
4th Jun 2014, 18:31
@Driber well there's no harm in mild curiosity at the least. I take back what I said, this isn't reserved, it's downright nonchalance :p. And I'm the one from the UK :whistle:.

Anyhoo, to spark a teeny bit of interest. Spike TV have revealed Crystal D will be making a game announcement on their All Access show: Here (http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/75245/e3-2014-spike-tv-and-gametrailers-coms-all-access-schedule-revealed). Could this possibly be TR10/2 do you think, or CD's new IP?

Treeble
4th Jun 2014, 20:00
This "new IP" has been under wraps for quite a while now, hasn't it? I don't honestly expect to see the sequel just yet, but I wouldn't mind if we were to get a brand new Lara Croft game to hold us off until then. That's even more unlikely, though, I know.

namitokiwa
5th Jun 2014, 18:41
Don't hope so much, you may get dissapointed if there is no new Tomb Raider.
Don't forget about Final Fantasy 15, Just Cause 3.
But there is a news from Gamespot recently that CD may announce a new footage from a mystery game. So maybe Souls Raven reboot or maybe Tomb Raider 10.
I don't want to give hope, But I truly want to see Tomb Raider.