PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix is aware of the game-save looping problem

Chrisy2100
28th Feb 2014, 03:56
where the hell is the xbox forums for the game???
I do google searches and nothing comes up at all errors with the game or what not.. only idiots complaining that it isn't that good WHO CARES!!

I'm stuck on chapter 2 the gate you go thru to start chapter 2 DUST TO DUST
it seems like it is stuck in a loop reloads right in front of the gate again turn around and its the same flipping area...

The patch I have not downloaded because its a whopping 6GIG update.. no thanks my internet has only got 15 gig download limit I don't have unlimited data..

So I am thinking about getting my money back and getting the damn game on PS3 or XBOX 360 dunno why I even bought an xbox.. this download bull**** annoys the crap out of me

Chrisy2100
28th Feb 2014, 23:49
Still No Comment?..... surely other people are having this issue as well?? unless theres another forum for this game that I don't know about...

and I still cant find anything on the damn internet about the patch that you need to download

is the patch that size for PS3 Xbox 360 and PC as well?

I'm Not Impressed

Chrisy2100
1st Mar 2014, 00:00
don't reboot an old game if you cant help people in the forums.. get it together eidos

s1ntax
1st Mar 2014, 04:47
I'm having the same problem on xbox 360. I get to the end of the area in which i'm supposed to get to the clocktower, the area ends with a report of my progress, and then it starts the chapter over again with Garrett in the back of the cart. Not sure what to do.

Chrisy2100
1st Mar 2014, 04:57
Have you updated the game on Xbox 360? What's the size of the update?

Roman Gladius
1st Mar 2014, 07:40
Where do you get the xbox 360 update?

Chrisy2100
1st Mar 2014, 08:54
It automatically downloads when your xbox is connected to the net

EmpressRose
2nd Mar 2014, 04:04
I am having the same issue on the 360. But we don't have the unit attached to it to have it connected to the wifi.

I get to the clock tower and then complete it. Tells me it's saving and loading, then starts me all the way back to where I am in the wagon. It's happen now 3 times. I'm done. It's mine and my bf's game, but I'm like F*** it. We paid $64 cdn for it plus taxes and I find it a waste of money now. It happened to him at the very beginning when Erin and Garrett fell through the glas, but that was it. With me though, on my saved game, it's happened 3 times in the same spot. It's pi$$ing me off to no extent. Get you ***** together eidos!!!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

HEYYruler
2nd Mar 2014, 05:07
I have thief for the xbox one and just when I was about to leave the area when you meet basso in black alley it reloaded my safe from when I met him in the tavern. Then I went to the clock tower to restock on supplies and it is stuck on when I first completed the ring mission. Whenever I try to leave the tower it just reloaded the clock tower. What do I do????? I haven't downloaded the update because it's 6gb.

EmpressRose
2nd Mar 2014, 18:54
I just wanted to give you all a heads up. I found out from my bf last night that when he deleted his saved info and started over again, the issue of him being bounced back to the beginning of that mission stopped. He's now MUCH further than me in the game.

I'm going to delete my saved game, and start over. I'll keep you all posted to see what happens. Hopefully this fixes the issue. :wave:

barnierubble
24th Mar 2014, 00:38
I had same problem on Xbox one. I could not make it past opening prologue reset me back to beginning about 5 times and decided to start new game made it part way thru chapter one then went into clock tower and game would keep looping every time I tried to leave. started third game and everything was going great until I just tried to start chapter 4 and guess what happens? I get sent to beginning chapter 1 in wagon. if I find a fix I will let know. Even though it does take you back it gives you option to return to town and when you do you are at sent to last saved game before reset . that is only good point. so I am going to try few things. good luck all. Great news I went and deleted the two older game slots I started before starting the third slot and it let me start chapter 4.

buckauer
27th Mar 2014, 16:16
hello,

for everyone who have the clocktower loop problem:

check your system date and time from your XBox. If you don't have an internet connection and if you turn off the XBox complete without standby the system settings will be resetted. Set the actually time and date and try again. Sorry for my bad english. Hope i could help.

himmatsj
31st Mar 2014, 17:54
After Chapter 4, I continuously sstart back at the clock tower. Am not able to go to Sronemarket.

Playing onPC.

PPlease help!

EverestMan
31st Mar 2014, 20:36
Nevermind, the game just overwrote my auto save slot somehow and three days of progress. Good bye.

Roseisland
31st Mar 2014, 23:30
So i got thief today on steam and when i reached the rooftop where the girl (can't remember her name) dropped down from the window, and the cinematic is over the game just reloads itself and places me at the beginning of the game. And this has happened to me 4-5 times now and i can't figure out why the just reloads itself and places me at the beginning so i have to start fresh. Really irritating and frustrating since i can't figure put why this is happening.. Does anyone know what the Issue can be?

dcads
31st Mar 2014, 23:37
I have this clocktower bug to, after the 1st part, i go into the clocktower, go up the stairs, there is a window with a bright light on it saying enter some market, click on it then it reloads the clock tower down stairs. Go back up stairs and does it again grrrrrrrrrrrrrr whats happening.
Playing pc to

tdously
1st Apr 2014, 00:01
Same here, on PC. Completed Chapter 1 (at the chapel), given the objective of going to the Foundry. Walked up to the gate, hit the Interact key, loading screen for the next Chapter is displayed but I'm loaded to the clock tower. The state of my inventory is that of the point in Chapter 1 when you first visit the clock tower and at the top of the stairs the same match-box cinematic plays and I'm given the objective of meeting Basso for the first time, which I've already done.

Really, really, really not cool. There are people all over the Steam forums with this also, and no clear solution. I'm hoping something can be done other than just replay the whole game because a) though I've only played 1 chapter I don't want to have to do it again, and b) other people have this problem after playing 4 chapters, and I'm ****ed if I'm going to replay half the game again.

Someone, somewhere should feel very ashamed about the state of this game.

smeks69
1st Apr 2014, 00:23
Hello,

I have a big issue, I can't continue playing Thif. I'm in chapter 6, and when I save or just continue in the game, appear the loading page, and once it finished, the chapter restart from the beginning. Please I need help, I’m stopped and I can’t continue. This loop never ends, I’ve tried many times, but nothing. I’ve tried to keep the Xbox one off from the mains for minutes, and playing without internet connections, but nothing, still doesn’t work :S

If someone knows how solve this problem, it will be nice if tell the procedure here.

Thanks!

TheArcaneThief
1st Apr 2014, 00:42
Many people, myself included, have found our games glitched and stuck in the clock tower since the date switched to 1st April (see Steam forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160/discussions/0/558751813501900084/?tscn=1396312417 for more info.

Whenever the player tries to exit the clocktower, the clocktower simply reloads us back to the tower. Please, please fix. We can no longer play the game.

EDIT: not just Europe (thank-you himmatsj for posting that)

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 00:48
Note, I am from Malaysia. There is no going forward in my country. It appears this bug comes to surface on April 1 in each country. I was first to post about it as I am from Malaysia GMT+8.

That Steam thread is mine,, and I also posted here. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142843

HotSaab
1st Apr 2014, 01:01
I too am having this problem.

I have completed 5 chapters and several client jobs. No kills, 100% loot and no detection. Now any save I produces, manual save, quick save or save via a cabinet, regardless of where I am in the city, they all bring me back to the start of the "Silence is Golden" job. I ran through that job without regard to stealth so I could complete it. Went back to the glowing orb to get me back into the main City hub and straight back to the start of "Silence is Golden".

All saves, regardless of where I was bring me back to the same point. I don't want to start a new game. Not Happy!

jancron13
1st Apr 2014, 01:06
Hi I'm a newbie and I've had a search around to see if someone else has this problem but I cannot find it. So if you do apologies for posting again.

The problem is that I have finished all the objectives and got the stone and it exits to the cut scene of the General standing on Garrett's hand and plays that bit. Garrett escapes into the sewers. Then it loads and next thing I know I'm restarting Chapter 6 all over again.

I'm on the PC version. While Chapter 6 was good I would like to move on with the game!

Anyone experienced this or know how I can fix it?

Thanks

Mos707
1st Apr 2014, 02:50
Hello,

I have the same problem, it's start when I make a manual save in a random place, when I go to any gates (Any chapter gate, Clocktower, other city sides...etc) it keeps relocate me to the saving point.
I closed the game, then when I try to open it again, it's start from Heartbreak mission for Ector which I finish long time ago, when I finish it and head the door. The mission is successfully complete, Every time I hit the continue button and it keeps repeat the mission. I close the game, and try it today It's start from "Free Ysabella" and also when I finish the job it keeps repeating.

I lost a lot of coins, work and hours, then this happened.
I'm really frustrated.

Could someone help please????

vilehacker
1st Apr 2014, 05:09
I'm having the exact same issue. I have wasted 4 hours on this rip-off...and I've searched everywhere online and in the forums. A lot of people are having this issue and yet no help from the developer. I am playing on Xbox one. Bought the game from the xbox one store so of course can't even trade it in. Big mistake. How about giving us some help devs???!?!?!?! Thief....perfect title for this game.

sharpshark
1st Apr 2014, 05:50
I am working my way through chapter 7 - the hidden city. When I get to the final fight, I am finding out that all of manual save games are not registering. All I can do is go back to the last checkpoint save at the beginning of the section and replay the entire area before entering the rotunda, losing maybe about 1 hour of gameplay each time. If I have to reload at any point, I have to go all the way back to the beginning of that section and start over again. None of my manual saves are registering ... what can I do to resolve this problem. Thanks!

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 05:51
More than TWELVE hours have passed yet not a word of acknowledgement or anything of that sort from the developers?

What kind of a service is this? DE HR vowed me, but I played it more than 2 years after release when all bugs were taken care of. Yet getting Thief so close to launch surely has me regretting.

It is UNACCEPTABLE for a game of this stature to have game-breaking bugs.

I am going to file a complaint with Steam to refund me my money in the event save files cannot be recovered. "AAA" games aren't cheap, that's for sure, and I expect some baseline quality from them.

Do not cower in the dark, developers!

MAJORPOOPY
1st Apr 2014, 06:09
I did the job "Hand Tailored" as soon as I could in the game. Completed it, and went on my way. Did another chapter, and accepted Ector's next job. Now, whenever I go to change areas just about anywhere (including the main mission and Ector's new mission) it takes me back to Alfonso's tailors and puts me back into the mission, automatically.

I can't advance in the main story line, manual saves DO NOTHING, and it ALWAYS reverts back to the autosave, which seems to be stuck on this side job.

I've tried restarting the game, I've tried completing the Hand Tailored job again (it just restarts after pressing "Continue")...I'm at my wits end. If I lose this save, it will be about 4 hours of work lost due to a simple save issue.

TL,DR - Autosave won't update, permanently stuck in client job loop, no matter how many manual saves I revert to. When changing areas it loads back into the autosave.

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 06:12
Nothing. Wait for Eidos to fix it, that's all.

This is a game-breaking-class bug.

It is an April fools joke gone bad, simply put!

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 06:14
Game breaking bug, this is. Wait for a patch. Affects everyone globally on all platforms as of 12.00am April 1. April fools joke gone bad!

pwyll
1st Apr 2014, 06:17
Game breaking bug, this is. Wait for a patch. Affects everyone globally on all platforms as of 12.00am April 1. April fools joke gone bad!

What?!

MAJORPOOPY
1st Apr 2014, 06:20
That's funny...cause my autosave is stuck on March 31st at 23:56 (11:56)

The crazy thing is, the autosave has actually updated! I've checked under the load menu...yet it still reverts when I try to load new areas in the city. I just don't get how/why it keeps teleporting me back to this mission I already completed hours ago.

Stubbies2003
1st Apr 2014, 06:33
In a similar boat as I have a save fairly close to the point where you talk to the baron on chapter 6: A Man Apart and Thief has lost its effing mind on this one. It REFUSES to do any kind of save from that point forward (any attempted manual save is a save at the START of the effing chapter). Going up to the baron's door and opening it re-starts the effing chapter.

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 06:34
Same here, only when I save, it gives the same time as my last save (from a few days ago) and starts the job I'm doing all over. I can't save at all essentially, and loading only takes me to the chapter start. Is this a confirmed bug and can it be fixed? Should I just wait for a patch and hope for the best? I'm on PC.

Stubbies2003
1st Apr 2014, 06:37
Just posted on another message about a similar problem in chapter 6 (other post had it in chapter 7) where I am close to the point where I open the door to talk to the baron. Any attempted save after loading that last successful save is a save to the START of the chapter and opening the door to talk to the baron re-starts the entire chapter. They broke it BUT GOOD. Guess I don't get to enjoy the game I paid for till they un-eff it.

Stubbies2003
1st Apr 2014, 06:39
This seriously better not be an April fools "joke". I am NOT AMUSED by being stuck.

MAJORPOOPY
1st Apr 2014, 06:40
It seems to be fairly widespread across multiple platforms, although it seems to be affecting everyone at a slightly different place in the game.

Most of the posts I've seen are about being stuck in a chapter loop, or the save reverts to the beginning of the chapter if they die, fail, etc.

I'm just hoping it's a quick fix or fixable at all. I can easily see this being a save game corruption similar to the issues Battlefield 4 had. I haven't touched that campaign since I lost all my progress one mission from the end. I'm about to return this game.

This is my second playthrough, and I've spent about 4 hours doing the collectibles and secret areas. I'm gonna be mighty pissed if I lose all that progress.

Stubbies2003
1st Apr 2014, 06:42
Seems to be a recent bug hitting a LOT of players where instead of moving forward in the story line (multiple chapters and saved locations) it just re-starts a last point.

EverestMan
1st Apr 2014, 06:42
Literally just hit the same bug that reset all my progress in chapter 4. Now whenever I try to go to the chapter 4 mission it loads up Ector's voice box mission instead. Do these guys not know what QA is or something? This is ridiculous.

AshenSS
1st Apr 2014, 07:58
Yeah, I would imagine that it's hitting every platform and every player that is currently playing the game simultaneously. Terribly annoying and frustrating. If they don't fix this in a timely manner, I'm selling it and getting Blackflag. I heard it's better anyway.

Ilindur
1st Apr 2014, 08:55
Yesterday i was really worried when my game started to loading loop the clock tower, but today im seeing a lot of people with the exact same problem so im more relaxed, hopefully they fix it soon.
I just want to let them know this is not a single "freak" problem and many players (me included in 2 separate playthroughs) have they game broken. In my case i keep loading the clock tower every time i try to exit it to enter the stone market, the same issue in both of my saves, one master completed and the other in rogue with the chapter 6 just completed (and a looot of collectibles gathered)

Edit: Whats wrong with this forum? i just registered for this only one message and it shows as i posted 999999 messages, not like i really care, but ... well, is just weird.

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 09:53
Eidos is crumbling perhaps? April 1 causing a multitude of issues for them. On the forums, and within the game. Not LOL at all!

Anyways, post in the other threads. I myself have the same issue. Continuous looping in the clocktower after Chapter 4.

Keeper_Riff
1st Apr 2014, 10:21
Edit: Whats wrong with this forum? i just registered for this only one message and it shows as i posted 999999 messages, not like i really care, but ... well, is just weird.

The 999999 posts and everyone being displayed as Spammers is an April Fool joke I think (last year we were all Moderators), just ignore it. The broken saves is another matter though.

agrash
1st Apr 2014, 10:33
I'm currently doing the last (?) mission for the engineer in the clockwork mansion and after i finished the sidequest and receive my stats, i press "continue" and the game just sends me back in there again to do the same thing over and over again.

I first though i pressed the wrong button or something since there is an option to redo every mission, but after completing it a couple of times i can say that the game is looping.

Pressing "go back into the city" in my main menu just cancelled that sidequest and keeps it open on the map even though i completed it a couple of times now.
Luckely it isn't the largest or most difficult mission, but that damn heroglyph wall puzzle..

And also, i noticed that the the load/save menu is busted. I (manualy) saved just before completing the mission and every save just brings me back right at the start of that mission.
And it looks like there are different saves to 1 save slot for no apparent reason? When i save my game to save slot 1 for instance and if i press load save slot 1 there are 2 save's open for that slot..?
I actually noticed that from the start of the game but there wasn't a moment when i needed to reload my game other then a quicksave/quickload for a difficult part so it didn't bugged me until now :)

argan1985
1st Apr 2014, 11:16
Oh, man. This game is a joke. :lol:

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 11:40
There is a fix for PC users if you have Windows 7. Adjust the date to April 2, and make sure to uncheck the sync with internet box in the third tab of the clock / date menu. This should allow you to continue. For others, try setting your time ahead to tomorrow and see if it helps. I have confirmed this works for Windows 7 at the very least.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that this doesn't work for all Windows 7 users, so proceed with caution. If you want to try it though, the exact steps I took to correct the issue are as follows:

1. Click on the Date / Time
2. Click Change Date and Time Settings
3. Change date to April 2
4. Click Internet Time Tab
5. Click Change Settings
6. Uncheck the box there labeled "Synchronize with an Internet Time Server"
7. Click Ok
8. Load Save Game
9. Wait a few seconds and try saving the game. It should now work.

I had to make sure I had deleted all saves attempts in the IN GAME menu (that failed) from April 1 (which didn't say April 1, they just mirrored my prior save data). Once that was done, progressing a little and saving allowed me to continue on and the save registered properly (well, properly, as in saying "April 2", and the time).

I hope that helps. As always, you should always backup files before trying anything.

If I get any more information, I will update the OP, and this will include any platform. I'm not resting until it is either fixed or we hear it's being fixed in an official capacity.

Grocs_Blech
1st Apr 2014, 11:40
Very similar issue (a lot of people have run into this issue) for me too - both in Chapter 3 and Chapter 2. It doesn't matter which save I pick. It just keeps looping the same section of level over and over again.

Very disappointing.

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 11:43
I don't know if it will work, but there is a fix for PC. Try setting your clock / date ahead to April 2. This works for PC. Short of an actual update or waiting until tomorrow, this is the only known solution.

Grocs_Blech
1st Apr 2014, 11:43
Black Flag is awesome. Definitely get it. Better than this.

Despite that - I really wanted to see what this re-imagining of Thief was like. It must be some bug that was written into their game. To hit everyone on the 1st of April just seems too coincidental.

Grocs_Blech
1st Apr 2014, 11:44
I don't know if it will work, but there is a fix for PC. Try setting your clock / date ahead to April 2. This works for PC. Short of an actual update or waiting until tomorrow, this is the only known solution.

Worth a try. Amazing if this is someone's stupid idea of an April Fool's joke.

Thanks.

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 11:46
You may also want to disconnect from the internet which can sync with the time / date automatically. It's a pain, but if it works for today, it is worth it.

Hector1
1st Apr 2014, 11:56
I have the exact same problem as the op

Hector

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 11:58
There is a fix for PC users if you have Windows 7. Adjust the date to April 2, and make sure to uncheck the sync with internet box in the third tab of the clock / date menu. This should allow you to continue. For others, try setting your time ahead to tomorrow and disconnecting from the internet and see if it helps. I have confirmed this works for Windows 7 at the very least.

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 12:03
Just to chip in, I can confirm doesn't work with Windows 8.0. I will try doing it again, this time launching Steam in off-line mode.

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 12:05
Try disconnecting from the internet entirely. It might or might not help. I am happy I got mine fixed, but am sad so many others can't enjoy it, so I'm trying to spread the word for those that can fix the issue. :\

TheArcaneThief
1st Apr 2014, 12:19
Tried it, and it didn't work for me.

Windows 7 64-bit

TheArcaneThief
1st Apr 2014, 12:22
Any word on a fix for this? Got no replies here in the Eidos forums, and none from Square Enix. The Steam forums are filling up with the same complaint too.

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 12:24
I'm sorry it isn't working for you. That's the first I've heard it not working for Windows 7. Did you uncheck the sync box on the third tab in the Calendar / Clock menu?

Here are the EXACT steps I took to correct the issue:

1. Click on the Date / Time
2. Click Change Date and Time Settings
3. Change date to April 2
4. Click Internet Time Tab
5. Click Change Settings
6. Uncheck the box there labeled "Synchronize with an Internet Time Server"
7. Click Ok
8. Load Save Game
9. Wait a few seconds and try saving the game. It should now work.

Again, this only seems to work currently for Windows 7. I believe the internet is the reason this is happening, and if you can adjust the date / time and ensure the computer / console does not connect to the internet to update the time / date, it may help. Either that or hope they release an update patch or that tomorrow everything works again.

TheArcaneThief
1st Apr 2014, 12:33
Yes, and it's still set on 2nd April even as I write this. There are quite a few others in the Steam forums also saying that fix doesn't work for them either. :(

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 12:35
Okay. It doesn't surprise me, but I know it did work for me. Just trying to help even some of the people.

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 13:13
I have updated the OP with all the latest information I have on this. I'm still waiting to see an official response from Eidos or from Game Informer (or other news site), which I did submit a news tip to shortly after midnight last night when I found the issue was widespread.

Sorry for the DP

Mos707
1st Apr 2014, 13:16
Didn't work for me.

windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks bro for this

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 13:19
I really do think April 1 aka April Fools Day has Eidos freaked out. The game, their forums....it is too much a coincidence.

If this was internal sabotage, what kind of repercussions can we expect?

TheArcaneThief
1st Apr 2014, 13:22
Thanks for trying, TornPr1nc3 - it's more than Eidos have done so far. :)

TornPr1nc3
1st Apr 2014, 13:25
I really do think April 1 aka April Fools Day has Eidos freaked out. The game, their forums....it is too much a coincidence.

If this was internal sabotage, what kind of repercussions can we expect?

I read that the "spammer / 999999 post" thing IS an April Fool's joke and they did it last year by turning all the users to "moderators" for the day. The funny thing is the joke's on everyone, because the game isn't working for most people.

@TAT No problem. I think I'm done now though until I either see something from a gaming site or Eidos / SE themselves. Not much else I can help with now.

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 13:52
It seems internet time is not an issue. Someone on the Steam forums got this to work on W8 just by changing system time.

Samnevis
1st Apr 2014, 14:17
I just got the same looping problem - driving me nuts!!!! Come on tech guys - sort it out!!

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 14:25
Change to 8th! Seems like that fixes the issue for EVERYONE!

TheArcaneThief
1st Apr 2014, 14:25
I've now got this to work in Windows 7 by changing the date to next week (8th April). i didn't do anything else. I was able to move out of the Clocktower, save and load just fine.

But as soon as the clock was set back to 1st April, the chapter resets back to the beginning.

Hit Deity
1st Apr 2014, 14:52
Yep, sounds like an inside (backdoor) programming "joke" to troll the players. Evil bastards.

DominicusSaxon
1st Apr 2014, 14:58
I am in Chapter 6 - A Man Apart and can't seem to save my game successfully. I save it and it looks like it is saving it (same symbol in the top left corner) but then when I try to reload it, the day and time isn't listed. The only games I can reload are the ones I saved yesterday. Is this some kind of April Fool's joke ???

I just died and instead of the game loading the last saved spot, it started the whole chapter over again ! Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to fix it ?

Oh edit note - I was in it last night and it saved fine. In fact, this morning when I loaded the game it had me right where I stopped yesterday.

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 15:07
I am in Chapter 6 - A Man Apart and can't seem to save my game successfully. I save it and it looks like it is saving it (same symbol in the top left corner) but then when I try to reload it, the day and time isn't listed. The only games I can reload are the ones I saved yesterday. Is this some kind of April Fool's joke ???

I just died and instead of the game loading the last saved spot, it started the whole chapter over again ! Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to fix it ?

Oh edit note - I was in it last night and it saved fine. In fact, this morning when I loaded the game it had me right where I stopped yesterday.

Yes it is an April Fool's joke. To fix, forward your system time to 8th April.

Thelmo
1st Apr 2014, 15:14
FIXED!!! This issue happened for me last night and I've been tearing my hair out thinking I'd have to start again after making it the whole way through to Chap 6.

For anyone on XB1 try turning off automatic adjust for daylight savings! Worked for me, presumably this will work for other consoles too! I also disconnected from the Wifi just in case, but that may not be necessary. Hopefully they patch this soon! I hope this works for you guys. :)

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 15:21
Forward your system time to April 8th. This will definitely fix the save/load issue on PC.

Possible fix for XB1 and other consoles: For anyone on XB1 try turning off automatic adjust for daylight savings! (Credits to Thelmo)

---------------------

Still, this is not a good solution and we are entitled to an explanation for this debacle by Eidos/Square.

If it was an April Fool's joke, then it was completely uncalled for.

As things stand, many people will be left with what is a game breaking bug for one full week.

Also, changing the clock is never an ideal solution for many and should only be considered a temporary, stop-gap measure.

Regards!

Nickyb_DYB
1st Apr 2014, 15:31
System Details: Xbox One Day One Edition
Xbox Live Gold
Region: United Kingdom
Thief: Digital Download

Issue. Chapter 2 restarts upon completion stuck on chapter 2.

Steps to re-create

Playing as Master Difficulty

Near the end of chapter 2 I made a manual save.just before you fall into the building and the guard looks for you with a torch. I then received a achievement and held my Xbox guide to read it, after this I continued playing and seconds later I died in game. I then selected my auto save and this restarted the whole chapter 2. I loaded up manual save near the end and completed the chapter and was shown the stats screen. Upon selecting A to continue the Chapter restarts from the beginning.

Solution: Fix your game

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 15:31
Disable automatic daylight saving time.

Pugz82
1st Apr 2014, 16:01
Disabling DST did nothing for me on my Xbox One. I tried disabling it, removing my internet connection, hell even changing time zones to be on tomorrow's date. Nothing works...keeps restarting me from the beginning of Chapter 4.

Hautedaug
1st Apr 2014, 16:14
In a similar boat as I have a save fairly close to the point where you talk to the baron on chapter 6: A Man Apart and Thief has lost its effing mind on this one. It REFUSES to do any kind of save from that point forward (any attempted manual save is a save at the START of the effing chapter). Going up to the baron's door and opening it re-starts the effing chapter.

This is my exact problem (same chapter too).

Niborius
1st Apr 2014, 17:00
I Confirm that this works, tried this on a Windows 8 PC. Thank you so much! I'm finally out of Chapter 5.

Hector1
1st Apr 2014, 17:03
I have windows 7 and tried the fix suggested above but it dosnt seem to work for me..I also tried moving the date to the third but it still didn't make any difference.

Hector

Update...shifting the date to the 8th seems to have done the trick

Hector1
1st Apr 2014, 17:07
Just to confirm that this does seem to work

Hector

GimmeDaGun
1st Apr 2014, 17:29
Yeah, it works for me too.

Poseidon
1st Apr 2014, 18:01
So i got thief today on steam and when i reached the rooftop where the girl (can't remember her name) dropped down from the window, and the cinematic is over the game just reloads itself and places me at the beginning of the game. And this has happened to me 4-5 times now and i can't figure out why the just reloads itself and places me at the beginning so i have to start fresh. Really irritating and frustrating since i can't figure put why this is happening.. Does anyone know what the Issue can be?

I am having problems with cut scenes like this. In the main "Drop" cut scene, it freezes and locks up the game. Only skipping the cut scene does the game continue. But, this problem continues down the road with other cut scenes locking up the game. :mad2:

The cut scenes are the story telling. That has been a staple of Thief since the beginning. Hope another patch is on the way. But IMO, this is what happens when a game is pushed out and not tested to the extent that it needed to be.

As for the game mechanics, I love it. Great game for the Thief series. Just need to fix what's broken.

Chilled
1st Apr 2014, 18:04
Hey, I bought this game for £25, and I'm not happy. I Try to start chapter 5 by getting on the boat, but it sends me back to the clock tower, and every time I attempt to exit, it just puts me back at the Tower, I cannot leave, I cannot play, I'm really angry and I want an update, I don't know who else has this glitch but seriously. Please help. :mad2:

argan1985
1st Apr 2014, 18:15
No ******* way I'm forwarding my system time just to play a broken game. This should be fixed, officially.

TheArcaneThief
1st Apr 2014, 18:18
This is the exact same looping/clock-tower/stuck in chapter bug everyone else is reporting. No word from Eidos at present though. :(

ClashWho
1st Apr 2014, 18:32

Did you post this on April 1st in your time zone?

ClashWho
1st Apr 2014, 18:48
Hey, I bought this game for £25, and I'm not happy. I Try to start chapter 5 by getting on the boat, but it sends me back to the clock tower, and every time I attempt to exit, it just puts me back at the Tower, I cannot leave, I cannot play, I'm really angry and I want an update, I don't know who else has this glitch but seriously. Please help. :mad2:

Believe it or not, this is some malicious April Fool's prank. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

argan1985
1st Apr 2014, 18:53
I think that's just a rumour...right? It has to be a coincidence.

stealth_means_wealth
1st Apr 2014, 18:55
Uh oh... This problem happened to me this morning as well. I collected the final piece for Ector, the Trophy indicator popped up ( playing on PS4) and then went to start a side mission. I got about five minutes into that mission and was killed. The game then sent me back to the mansion to collect the heart again. Like you, I thought I pressed a wrong button so I reloaded my last save and I popped back up in the mansion again.

A few facts: (1) I completed the game on Master level and am now trying to finish the side quests and (2) the side mission I was trying to do was the one where you have to steal all of the loot from the fence.

sirtaff
1st Apr 2014, 19:05
WTF??? Mine's started looping on mission starts too? All the load zones for city and story missions don't go to where they should? I've already backed out of an hour or so of gameplay and delete stuff, still doing it??

Also, why is everyone's post count showing 999999?

If this is all april fools then this is not funny.

sirtaff
1st Apr 2014, 19:17
Have eidos been hacked or something?

The eidos website and forums are running very slow? I'm wondering... are they being DDOSed? Are they being attacked by anonymous again like the deus ex hack? (google it) ... in fact eidos site seems to be down?

himmatsj
1st Apr 2014, 19:44
Just to be certain, I am also not forwarding my system time just to play this. It should be fixed. I'm merely sharing this solution for the benefit of others.

Demoniacal666
1st Apr 2014, 19:57
I have the same problem but i cant load the chapter 3 on xbox one. I press A for start the chapter, but the game reload the chapter 2!!!! Again, again and again!!

Snowdragon
1st Apr 2014, 20:12
having the same issue here

I completed the "open the great safe" chapter... at the end of the spookey sceene hearing the sisters voice and moving tup to the door, after I take the Gem, and seem to fall.... the game reset back to my last save right before opening the safe..... So I do it again, and get to that same spot where i take the gem from the stature, get attacked by the child and then fall.... only to NOW have the game rest back to the begining of the mission "a friend in need" What? and since it saved itself right there, I now have to redo the whole mission?? is this a known issue? is there a Fix? I would hate to do he whole mission again and have it happen all over again. :mad2:
Not I am a long time thief fan from 98 thief 1... love the genre.

qwert_44643
1st Apr 2014, 20:19
its happening to me in chapter 7 the hidden city.

ewsg
1st Apr 2014, 20:28
Hi,

I'm playing THIEF and there's some problem regarding saves. I have finished two times the Chapter 5 - The Forsaken. At the final, instead to go to the Manor, as Garret said, I come back and start again, with Basso, in the boat. And this happens again, again, and again. I can progress, I can't exit this. :(

Someone could help me, please? I'm playing THIEF on PC. :)

argan1985
1st Apr 2014, 20:34
If this really is an april's fool's joke, it backfired badly.

Niborius
1st Apr 2014, 20:52
This is a bug that's been happening to, I think, everyone today. What finally fixed it for me (I was stuck in this level as well), is to set your computer date to April 8th. That worked for me. You might have to re-play the mission again one more time (I know it's not a pleasure) but it definitely worked for me and others.

Good luck!

Niborius
1st Apr 2014, 20:53
Setting the date of my computer to April 8th fixed the issue for me. In my case I had to start the mission from the beginning again (because that's as far as the game would bring me) but after that it worked. I have no idea what's going on though. Good luck!

ewsg
1st Apr 2014, 20:57
Hi Niborius,

I'll try. Set my computer's date to 8th. April, finish the chapter again, and after that, set the correct date again, right? :)

Edited: It worked! :D

Kouki88
1st Apr 2014, 20:59
I have had the same issue all day! been on the phone with the developers and xbox and no one knows how to fix it.. I uninstalled the game, rebooted the system, reinstalled the game still the same problem.. did the mission 3 times now to see if it worked. Nothing.. I even saved before I went into the exhaust shaft.. save lost :( I hope they fix it soon

Xinouth
1st Apr 2014, 21:03
I've got Thief on Xbox One and ran into this problem earlier today. Through some hints elsewhere on these forums I found a way around the glitch.

Disconnect the XB1 from the internet
Restart the XB1
Go to Settings, then to System.
Uncheck 'automatically adjust for daylight saving time' and set the date to April 8
Restart the XB1
Load up Thief

You should now be able to get further. For me it worked :)

Noir79
1st Apr 2014, 21:42
I cannot save anymore?! Whatever I do I get sent to the start of the "(un)Happy Medium" mission?!?! Seriously, what the hell is going on?!?!

MaxxDelusional
1st Apr 2014, 21:54
I can't start mission 3 (House of Blossoms). When I try to load it, I end up back on the Unhappy Medium mission.

Niborius
1st Apr 2014, 22:04
Glad to hear that :) For now, maybe it's best to keep your date to April 8th, as the bug probably effects all levels. It's not a very nice fix but at least it works.

ewsg
1st Apr 2014, 22:20
Glad to hear that :) For now, maybe it's best to keep your date to April 8th, as the bug probably effects all levels. It's not a very nice fix but at least it works.

Yes, you're right. I'll do that. Thanks a lot! :)

smeks69
1st Apr 2014, 22:28
Yes, I have tried what you said and it works... the only problem that I found is that, once I pass the looping glitch and I reconnect the xbox one on internet plus I flag the daylight saving time; the problem come back... now I'm playing only offline to avoid this s**t!!!

Anyway, Xinouth thanks for your quick support ;)

Saglia
1st Apr 2014, 23:23
Seems to be a ready "feature" now days. My save files still exist in the saved games folder but I cannot access them in game. In face, each time I load a save, that vanishes and the previous day shows up.

I have all the files in Explorer but not in game. Any ideas how I can get this to sync?

Or if they issue refunds? Seriously how do you make a game THIS unplayable.

Qoatl
2nd Apr 2014, 00:32
Playing on steam.
After completing Foundry and escaping, I get the end mission summary and buttons to Replay or Continue. I choose Continue, get the level load screen, and then end up back at the cutscene at the start of the chapter. Any assistance would be appreciated .

DSepe09
2nd Apr 2014, 00:38
This has been posted in other threads but I decided to make a new one so it is easier to find.

Steps
1. Disconnect the Xbox from the internet entirely.
2. Do a hard shutdown (hold power button for 5 seconds or disconnect power supply for 30 seconds.
3. Reboot then go into settings and click (System) then (system time)
4. Change date past April 7th I chose the 10th on my Xbox.
5. Load up last save and complete mission.

This should work and you will no longer get stuck in the endless mission restart glitch that is plaguing everyone. I was stuck on chapter 5 until I finally was able to progress by doing what was stated above.

Note: Xbox achievements will pop once you connect back onto the internet so don't freak out when they don't pop offline. This is true for any Xbox one game.

DSepe09
2nd Apr 2014, 00:50
This has been posted in other threads but I decided to make a new one so it is easier to find.

Steps
1. Disconnect the Xbox from the internet entirely.
2. Do a hard shutdown (hold power button for 5 seconds or disconnect power supply for 30 seconds.
3. Reboot then go into settings and click (System) then (system time)
4. Change date past April 7th I chose the 10th on my Xbox.
5. Load up last save and complete mission.

This should work and you will no longer get stuck in the endless mission restart glitch that is plaguing everyone. I was stuck on chapter 5 until I finally was able to progress by doing what was stated above.

Note: Xbox achievements will pop once you connect back onto the internet so don't freak out when they don't pop offline. This is true for any Xbox one game.

WtfIsThis
2nd Apr 2014, 02:03
Eidos, your QA is absolutely appalling. How is it that the game was released with issues saving the game in a ******** single player game?

I recently purchased Thief for nostalgia sake...and what a frustrating mistake! Seems like saving the game is a damn illusion. My saves are there....until I quit the game and come back later on. I have been stuck on the client quest "A Happy Medium" for 3 days and have completed this god forsaken side quest 4 times now. Beyond that I have returned to the city and given the talking skull to the dude and on the next game mission....yet whenever I go back to my game there is only 1 auto-save slot and it's the save at the beginning of the "A Happy Medium" mission.

What does this mean? THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE. I can no longer progress in the game and refuse to complete this mission for a 5th time only to have to do it again.

As far as I am concerned I am seeking a full refund for a broken product and the experience has been so frustrating I have zero desire to ever pick Thief back up even if these issues are resolved. I have spent more time replaying the same BS and on forums than enjoying the product I purchased.

This is unacceptable and sorry won't cut it. This is the last Eidos game I will purchase.

TheArcaneThief
2nd Apr 2014, 02:07
Just posting to let the many who cannot play their game that Square Enix now knows about the problem (according to Game Informer: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/04/01/users-report-date-related-thief-save-data-corruption-square-enix-responds-.aspx).

They recommend not playing the game until at least 2nd April because game-saves are in some instances being wiped out.

WtfIsThis
2nd Apr 2014, 02:10
Hey,

I'm having the exact same issue. I completed Happy Medium and even left the mission completed, returned the skull to the carnival dude and I come back 2 hours later....gotta find the damn skull with that drunk guy again!

My post: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142924

I'm so frustrated playing the game at this point I couldn't be bothered. Moving on to Infamous and requesting a refund at the PSN store. I've spent more time trying to play than actually playing.....

himmatsj
2nd Apr 2014, 02:14
What the F? They can conveniently respond to a news site, but not to their actual userbase? REALLY!??

That's some major BS!

Qoatl
2nd Apr 2014, 05:15
I'm not sure what about me playing on Steam makes you think that I'm on an Xbox, but thanks for the thought. ;)

It appears this is a common problem on all platforms.
I can't imagine how this was missed before release.
I have now played Chapter 2 twice and am back at the start again.
I have seen some fixes recommended and tried a few, but I'm not going to just keep playing the mission over and over hoping someone's fix works.

Bugs happen.
If you can't forgive a bug, you probably take games too seriously.
Not offering any form of technical support is the real problem here.
A simple FAQ that directs a user to a community forum that does not have active, frequent participation from a technical support team is not technical support.
If you tried putting paying customers in a room together in the hope that they would fix each other's problems with your product in any other industry, it would be laughable.

Whiteyez
2nd Apr 2014, 06:52
It want let me change date do I have to set back to factory settings

Chilled
2nd Apr 2014, 07:24
I feel like a prick now :scratch: okay thanks man I'll try it tonight

Semtex
2nd Apr 2014, 07:33
I've seen various other threads regarding issues similar to mine but I figured I might as well voice my problem.

I go to start chapter 3 and it automatically loads the client job where you have to steal the talking skull. The start of the client job is one of my last auto save but I have a manual save right before the entrance to the mission. I have hard reset my XboxOne and have reloaded several times and the same thing happens. I'm getting more then a little frustrated to say the least.

pwyll
2nd Apr 2014, 08:17
This could be related to the daylight saving time change.

Edit: Just read some more threads - it is not because of that. It is because of the month change.

plantpot
2nd Apr 2014, 08:39
After completing the forsaken \ asylum episode Basso is waiting to take me back to harbour at sirens nest, good so far, however, then no matter where I go even though the quest might be "Go to collectors room" it takes me back to Basso and I go back to the Asylum again to do it all over again, am I missing something, any help greatly appreciated.

zwanzig_zwoelf
2nd Apr 2014, 09:55
bro its intended that way you asked 'xbox keep reverting' and it reverts tell me are you playing on xbox or pc cuz i dont have issues like those on ps4

4tuneTeller
2nd Apr 2014, 10:58
Unfortunately, I have to say that it doesn't work for me on Windows 7 x64. Another strange thing is that I had no problem saving and loading game on the 1st of April. For me the problem started after the midnight on the 2nd of April.

swanlee
2nd Apr 2014, 11:02
Lucky I did not play the game yesterday, does the game work now that it is April 2nd or should i not play the game until it is fixed?

swanlee
2nd Apr 2014, 11:07
So I was lucky to not play the game yesterday and I do not want to screw up my progress I'm on chapter 5 should I wait till April 8th to play the game again?

zhunt
2nd Apr 2014, 11:18
im on windows 7 64 bit and this seems to work for me. pretty bad though that u have to mess with the date on your system to get a save to work :(

fortunately we don't require the help of doc brown and marty mcfly to go forward in time to play the game!

Ilindur
2nd Apr 2014, 11:35
Technical support finally answered me, i share it will all of you:

"We?re aware of an issue that seems to be affecting some Thief players, preventing them from completing some levels. We?re taking this very seriously ? as a first step we?re reading as many reports of the issue as possible, working to replicate it internally, so that we can understand what?s causing it. We?re sorry for any disruption to your game today, and we?ll update you as soon as we have more information."

Hopefully they find a fix for it soon...

Nightcrowe
2nd Apr 2014, 11:38
I'm not going to change the date on my PC as it might break security certificates for AV etc.

I've backed up my Steam folder saves as they appear to have the correct time & date for the saves made on 1st April - although whether they are corrupted I won't know until I try the game either after an Official fix OR the 8th April has passed by.

While I was in-game the saves either disappeared or were overwritten by the bug.

I shall carry on replaying DX:HR or Dishonored ....or Skyrim.....or..... whatever until this is over.

occido
2nd Apr 2014, 12:50
same problem here, can't leave that ******* hideout (I play on pc) it's not 2 april 14:50 and I still can't play, this really sucks

occido
2nd Apr 2014, 12:54
I still can't play so I gues not
I play on the pc so what should I do to play? :(

occido
2nd Apr 2014, 12:57
I can't even leave the hideout so I can't even play for some better skills that's even worse then playing a chapter over and over again, get sick of the fact I can't play cuz thye have a problem they don't fix

tinfish
2nd Apr 2014, 13:09
Same here, stuck on A Man Apart, completed it, sent back to the start, now I can get as far as the cutscene where you meet someone, then it goes back to the start.

Between this and South Parks infinite loading screens, it seems we have moved from bugged to outright broken games in this generation.

Another issue I am having with Thief is that to open windows etc, I now have to hammer X for about 2 minutes, it's unplayable. How does pressing X till your hands hurt somehow work better than a simple "press X to open"?

Kouki88
2nd Apr 2014, 13:20
Any word on the fix for Xbox One as it is April 2nd now?

Ilindur
2nd Apr 2014, 16:43
Nope, im still looping

aConsoleCouple
2nd Apr 2014, 16:57
Started playing it on the 31st of March and I encountered the same thing, got to the clocktower place then all of a sudden it was taking me back to when I'm in the cart. It's now April second and it's still happening, the game is unplayable right now. With the way it won't allow me to progress it's making me feel like I've just paid full price for a demo lol.

EDIT: I'm on the xbox one

Animorpher
2nd Apr 2014, 17:08
After starting playing Chapter 3 i was just running around stealing random stuff when i got a bunch of guards after me.I did not want to risk fighting them all so i got the genious idea to return back to another area/part of the city.I ran with guards tailing after me and made it safely to the loading screen and just when i tought all was okay i was suddenly back to start with the cut scene where i wake up in the carriage..! :mad2:
I had lost all my save games/progress and had to restart the whole ting and got so annoyed i had to take a break from the game.That was around 2.weeks ago and im now starting the game from scratch again but can this be fixed?Or does it mean i have to avoid having people/guards chasing after me when i enter a new area/part of the city?

I play Thief on X-Box 360 and i live in Norway.

After checking back on my restarted save file i see that i have kept all Documents and Collectibles that i collected trought Chapter 1 and 2 and the Chapter Recaps are also present.It does not help the fact that i have to start all over again from the beginning of Chapter 1...

EDIT: Okay,i just finished Chapter 1 and ended up back at the clock tower and now im suddenly back to Chapter 3???Im glad i dont have to play throught Chapter 2 again but its higly confusing...Im hoping this is not going to be a regular thing...

ewsg
2nd Apr 2014, 18:16
Well, guys, now I'm really stucked.

It was working, until today. I started that chapter when I have to go to the Manor. Reached the manor and came back to Clock Tower. That part Garret start saying "If the Baron has Erin, etc...). I try to go out the tower and came back to inside. This repeats infinitely. :(

Tried all I read on the below thread, and nothing works:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1999332

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/game-breaking-save-corrupting-bug-in-thief/

Someone has some more idea? :)

DSepe09
2nd Apr 2014, 19:13
IGN has announced that edios has found the issue is related to time stamps not working properly. All looping errors should resolve itself after today.

jaywalker2309
2nd Apr 2014, 19:51
hey there, as i posted on the sticky thread, give it a go on the 3rd. This is safest option to try it..

ewsg
2nd Apr 2014, 20:53
Hi,

Thank you.

Are you meaning I have to leave my computer's date as 3rd. April? Until now?

Do I have to change it every time i'll play Thief?

If so, I have already done that, and doesn't worked. I don't get even to restart the chapter. :(

supersayainjedi
2nd Apr 2014, 23:50
Every time I complete chapter 3 and try to continue the game reloads the beginning of the chapter.

supersayainjedi
2nd Apr 2014, 23:58
Every time i complete chapter 3 and try to continue it just restarts the chapter any ideas?:mad2:

Whiteyez
3rd Apr 2014, 00:52
I have last saved repet from the 30/3 I'm in aus so time differnce should not change

TheArcaneThief
3rd Apr 2014, 00:59
I'm in the UK and it's April 3rd (the date when our games should be okay). I'm at the very start of Chapter 6 (so starting from the animated hanging scene). No matter where I go, my saves are still discarded and the game still loads me back to the beginning of the chapter. The problem has not righted itself for me at all. Looks like the date-span of the problem might be longer than 30 March to 2 April.

Any ideas on how I can salvage my game from this?

Purgatori
3rd Apr 2014, 01:37
I've got Thief on Xbox One and ran into this problem earlier today. Through some hints elsewhere on these forums I found a way around the glitch.

Restart the XB1
Uncheck 'automatically adjust for daylight saving time' and set the date to April 8
Restart the XB1
Load up Thief

OMG Thank you so much! This actually worked for me. I knew it had everything to do with order of saves but I didn't know how to change the time on my xbox as it was greyed out.

Purgatori
3rd Apr 2014, 01:38
As far I can tell Eidos solution of "waiting till april 3 to play" isn't working for everyone. This is Not my solution and its the only thing that worked for me. I did not know how to change the time on my xbox as it was grayed out.

Restart the XB1
Restart the XB1
Load up Thief

Thanks again @Xinouth

ballison6467
3rd Apr 2014, 02:26
Hi, I believe my save files have been corrupted. In the story, I have only completed Chapter One. It was after I left the Clock Tower that I have been completing all side jobs and all loot collected throughout the entire city.

I manually saved April 1 with all my progress, but now when I load the game there is only one save file and it starts me over back at the clock tower (essentially I lost all my free play progress and side quests). There are no other save files to choose to load. The game erased my manual saves and left me back at square one. I am not concerned about the Chapter, but I feel like I just lost all my side quest and loot collecting progress which took forever to find every single piece of look in the city.

Any way to get this back or am I screwed?

Kungholio
3rd Apr 2014, 02:45
But what happens when you set the clock back or just go online? Does it delete again?
I'll wait until tomorow but I set my timezone to australia so it was 5 am on the 3rd and I still looped. Now unless its on eidos time it did nothing by just getting me to the third.

I'm guessing I lost 13 hours and the hours trying to make it work.

himmatsj
3rd Apr 2014, 04:25
I can confirm that was bull****. On the first day itself, I had already forwarded my system time to April 2 and 3, and it didn't work. Of course, doesn't work now too!!! I am from Malaysia.

Also, worth noting this issue was present in February/March as well.

himmatsj
3rd Apr 2014, 04:40
1) They say it is only from March 30 - April 2. Wrong. EVERYONE who has reported this issue agrees it happened on the midnight of March 31/April 1.

2) They say it will correct itself on April 3. Wrong again.

3) They say it is a mathematical issue. Then pray tell, why in the past 20 years, between all AAA and one-man indie games, such an issue NEVER cropped up?

4) They say it is only March/April. But see Here (http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160/discussions/0/558749190637121791/), Here (http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160/discussions/1/558749190703202201/), Here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1989631), Here (http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160/discussions/0/558749191275951804/)and Here (http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160/discussions/0/558749191275951804/). People reported THE SAME issue at the Feb/March border. Can we expect the same on the April/May border, and so on?

This is a massive internal cover-up. I will make sure Eidos/Square pay for lying to us by imploring anyone I know to boycott Eidos' games in particular going from here.

I hope somebody who has the know-how can launch a class action lawsuit against Eidos cause the way they are treating this is like it is a small playing matter.

FieryPhoenix7
3rd Apr 2014, 05:06
I haven't tried it yet as it's not the 3rd in my time zone, but I've seen multiple reports saying waiting until the 3rd doesn't solve anything. Should we be surprised? I guess not. I've never heard of a glitch that can be "fixed" by waiting it out, and I've had my fair share of programming in the last 5 years.

Semtex
3rd Apr 2014, 05:09
This has worked for me. I can't confirm if once you go back online the problem won't pop back up, if someone can't confirm it before I do I will let you know what the results are.

It should also be noted too that you need to do a hard reset(hold the power button for a few seconds) in order to be able to change the date on your Xbone.

Semtex
3rd Apr 2014, 05:13
I'm in the UK and it's April 3rd (the date when our games should be okay). I'm at the very start of Chapter 6 (so starting from the animated hanging scene). No matter where I go, my saves are still discarded and the game still loads me back to the beginning of the chapter. The problem has not righted itself for me at all. Looks like the date-span of the problem might be longer than 30 March to 2 April.

Any ideas on how I can salvage my game from this?

There is a thread with a solution for how to get around the bug. I can say that it has worked for me so far. *fingers crossed*

FieryPhoenix7
3rd Apr 2014, 05:15
There is a thread with a solution for how to get around the bug. I can say that it has worked for me so far. *fingers crossed*
That is a workaround at best, not quite a 'solution'. It also doesn't seem to work for everyone.

Eidos are the only ones who have a solution, and it's called a patch.

DSepe09
3rd Apr 2014, 05:29
US eastern
I can confirm that looping still persists as I am still stuck in the clocktower.

Purgatori
3rd Apr 2014, 05:49
This has worked for me. I can't confirm if once you go back online the problem won't pop back up, if someone can't confirm it before I do I will let you know what the results are.

It should also be noted too that you need to do a hard reset(hold the power button for a few seconds) in order to be able to change the date on your Xbone.

I can confirm it begins to happen again as it sets your date back. I'm nearly done with the game so I'm just going to finish offline. Sucks because I was broadcasting to some friends. :mad2:

himmatsj
3rd Apr 2014, 06:01

Fowarding to the 8th can cause issues with your PC, and don't forget, may cause issues with your game saves as well since the timestamps will be all over the place.

Keeper_Riff
3rd Apr 2014, 06:03
1) They say it is only from March 30 - April 2. Wrong. EVERYONE who has reported this issue agrees it happened on the midnight of March 31/April 1.Saves from March 30 are considered later than April 1, March 31 — later than April 2. The issue does not surface up until April 1, but the saves affected begin from March 30.

2) They say it will correct itself on April 3. Wrong again. Maybe you need to wait until the time on April 3 exceeds the time of the last March 31 save? Or they just miscalculated the depth of the issue… again.

3) They say it is a mathematical issue. Then pray tell, why in the past 20 years, between all AAA and one-man indie games, such an issue NEVER cropped up? Because they devised their own timestamp calculating algorithm which is mathematically incorrect. It does not take into account February having 28 days instead of 30 or some months having 31 days or something like this.

tommy1979
3rd Apr 2014, 06:40
US eastern
I can confirm that looping still persists as I am still stuck in the clocktower.

Finland is in the same freakin' tower too. :mad2: and when I just restarted my Xbox One my last nights manual save was gone. (8hrs of game time)

How does one get money back from digital copy of a game?

himmatsj
3rd Apr 2014, 06:49
Just a word of warning guys. I read that this causes further complications.

You will now need to continuously set the time forward to allow the game to load properly your save files. So if it was 8th, you need to go to 9th to play again, since the game only read your "past" saves, and not ones that are made in the "future".

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 07:37
What platforms are you playing on? PC/XB1/PS4?

What time was the last `chapter` save you had? ie the one that it will keep loading up

If you in a mission have you made a NEW save within the mission?

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 07:43
hey guys.. you say setting to the 8th sorted it.. was that just an arbitrary date picked or had you tried 3rd/4th/5th etc?

When we first heard of the issue and found steps to repeat it we found for us that it was the 3rd that fixed it in all cases, hence why we posted that this. Be interesting to know if you had tried these other dates between the 8th?

DSepe09
3rd Apr 2014, 07:53
What platforms are you playing on? PC/XB1/PS4?

What time was the last `chapter` save you had? ie the one that it will keep loading up

If you in a mission have you made a NEW save within the mission?

Hey Jay playing on XOne and stuck in clocktower after chapter 6 with blind lady cutscene. Time stamp is April 3rd 1:20 am still getting looping even after I made sure the save time stamp was after the 2nd.

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 08:04
on your xbox one setttings, what timezone/daylight saving options do you have set?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/system-settings

DSepe09
3rd Apr 2014, 08:24
Eastern time (US) automatically adjust for DST is check marked. You might want to start checking each individual day past the 3rd. I disconnected from the internet and set my Xbox One's date to April 10th and everything seems to be working fine in regards to no more looping (I've read the 8th or later also works). I do think this issue will resolve itself but I fear later than expected for console gamers.

Maybe later I will test the 4th 5th 6th etc and give you an update on what date works exactly but I'm out for now.

Semtex
3rd Apr 2014, 08:25
I just tried that date since it was the one they said worked.

I might just have to keep changing the date when I go to play it as I can't stay offline all the time what with wanting to play my other games which require me to be online. It's probably going to be a minor hastle but as long as I can play the game until an actually fix is worked out I'll survive.

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 08:27
I just tried that date since it was the one they said worked.

I might just have to keep changing the date when I go to play it as I can't stay offline all the time what with wanting to play my other games which require me to be online. It's probably going to be a minor hastle but as long as I can play the game until an actually fix is worked out I'll survive.

Ah okay.. will definitely keep everyone posted as/when i get more info etc

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 08:35
Thanks DSepe09.. appreciate your help and posts..

bigo1984
3rd Apr 2014, 08:53
I am playing on the Xbox one and my problems started april 1st. I go to the digital foundry to start chapter 2 Dust to Dust and I am taking to the mission Hand tailored. Mind you I have already beat this mission earlier in the game. The first time this happened I just proceeded and beat the mission again. When I beat it I pressed a to continue, the game loads and takes me back to the start of the hand tailored mission. The game won't even take me to the actual start of Chapter 2 Dust to Dust. I have heard of fixes that involve being online and changing my time settings. Sorry but I am not interested in doing this, nor should I have to. It is now April 3rd and I am still having the problem. I want a patch. Not some temporary solution where I have to tinker with my settings.

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 09:10
Hi there

We've got many threads already discussing this.. could you tell me the exact time/date of your chapter save? i am going to hazard a guess it will be sometime on the 31st but less then 72 hours ago..

bigo1984
3rd Apr 2014, 09:10
Ah okay.. will definitely keep everyone posted as/when i get more info etc

dude we need a patch asap

Nightcrowe
3rd Apr 2014, 10:38
1) Blah Blah Blah
This is a massive internal cover-up. I will make sure Eidos/Square pay for lying to us by imploring anyone I know to boycott Eidos' games in particular going from here.

I hope somebody who has the know-how can launch a class action lawsuit against Eidos cause the way they are treating this is like it is a small playing matter.

You really are a piece of work aren't you? How about you stop trying to wind people up with your repeated ridiculous rants and calls for a 'class action'? You've even trolled the dev who's trying hard to help.

The rest of us just want our game fixed properly and not have endless posts from you in many threads for litigous solutions to a software bug. It's a GAME, not a life problem.
Sheesh :rolleyes:

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 10:43
I'm not going to change the date on my PC as it might break security certificates for AV etc.

I've backed up my Steam folder saves as they appear to have the correct time & date for the saves made on 1st April - although whether they are corrupted I won't know until I try the game either after an Official fix OR the 8th April has passed by.

While I was in-game the saves either disappeared or were overwritten by the bug.

I shall carry on replaying DX:HR or Dishonored ....or Skyrim.....or..... whatever until this is over.

PC patched this morning so you should be all sorted now

jaywalker2309
3rd Apr 2014, 11:31
Some people enjoy stirring things.. to see a conspiracy where there is none ;)

Guillaume45
3rd Apr 2014, 12:32
Just so you know, it may help some people.

It's april the 3rd for me and my game now runs perfectly well, I can now save, load, end chapters. My savefiles from the 30th of March work, none disappeared.

I'm in France playing on Windows 7 with a UK bought version of the game.

ladytaffer
4th Apr 2014, 19:22
Playing on Windows 7. Two days ago I tried playing with moving my clock forward to April 8 and it worked fine. Yesterday I played again, the game loaded fine, but all my saves are registering as "Clock Tower". Today, my clock being back at April 4, I'm getting the looping problem again. All my saves show up as "Clock Tower" and when I finish chapter 2 and want to move into chapter 3 I get the "Clock Tower" again. Wondering if I should start from scratch at this point.:eek:

ewsg
4th Apr 2014, 19:30
Hello friend!

I had to do the following, as described in the below thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142978

Well, I solve that. I'll explain below, maybe this can helps someone.

But, I had to start again from the begining of that chapter when I reach Moira Asylum.

I had a previous backup from before to advance the date to 8th. April. I copied all files, but not that ones from April. Just save files from until 31st. March to THIEF save's folder.

I opened the game, received a message about saves corrupted, and that my previous good save would be loaded. And now I'm playing.

Hope this helps.

ladytaffer
5th Apr 2014, 02:33
I'm not sure I fully understand (I'm not technical), but what I'm getting is that I should go to before March 31 and find a save file and play again. My game is the updated version 1.4 so the problem should have been resolved, but my messing with the date may have caused some issues. Guess I'll find out.

zwanzig_zwoelf
5th Apr 2014, 02:52
bro no issues on ps4 what should i do if i encounter those issues on ps4 should i worry about it does it also affect other games

aConsoleCouple
6th Apr 2014, 00:53
Jaycw2309 do you have an estimate for when the patch will roll out on other systems at all please?

CanProbHelp
1st May 2014, 22:27
Ight so those people who can't get out of the clock tower of doom you click x to get out wait to load back in.

Then pause load save manually and there should be one saying stone market, open it.
After you will spawn and now go anywhere but after you turn off the game it won't load that spot.

This happened to me once I finished the game, all I do now is free roam stocking up and taking names. Hope this helps!!!!! :wave:

CanProbHelp
1st May 2014, 22:33
Ight so those in the clock tower of doom you need to go up to the window interact with it.
Wait and it should spawn u back into tower
Now go to pause menu and go to load.
There should be one that says stone market open that one.
You will spawn outside BUT...
when u come the next day u will spawn in the tower and u need to do this all over, my suggestion start the game over
Now all I do is stock up and take names. HOPED THIS HELPED :wave:

Riveneye
1st Jun 2014, 05:12
I think I figured this bug out.

I noticed a trend that all people complaining about this issue, myself included, were running into this problem on the first of any given month. I'm willing to bet that everyone is trying to load a save from the day before. Here is what I did to fix it -

1) Turn my Xbox One totally off (not standby, hold the Xbox logo light on the console until it turns off)
2) Turned off the router it was connected to. We're going to manipulate the system time soon, and we don't want it to have an internet connection so it can do it itself.
3) Set the Xbox's system time to the 3rd of the month, eg 3rd of June. For some reason, it doesn't like the 2nd either.
4) Start Thief, exit the clocktower (or where ever you are stuck) and hopefully you will be unstuck.
5) Save your game. I would potentially even leave your xbox disconnected until it is actually the 3rd.

Theory: This is a total guess, and please chime in if you have evidence to disprove this. I think the game, for some reason, is trying to search for save games prior to "today" but in US format only. It sees today as the 6th of January rather than the 1st of June. It gets confused when it can't find any save games prior to this (as the game wasn't out yet) and just loads the last save it knows, the one you started with.

Kelevra
1st Jun 2014, 13:36
This works - in case of the Xbone, it's quicker to simply deactivate Wireless Connection in the System Settings, restarting the console and then manually entering a date after the 2nd of a month. No need to tamper with your home network or router that way.

...not we should have to do any of that to begin with, though...