PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex The Fall Key bindings

Ranger_Vet68
23rd Mar 2014, 01:04
I just bought "Deus Ex The Fall" for PC only to find out that there is no option to Customize the key bindings. Is there anyway that I can do this??

Thank You.

Spyhopping
23rd Mar 2014, 17:46
It doesn't look like there is the ability to do it unfortunately. I hope it doesn't make it hard for you to play as a result.

Ranger_Vet68
23rd Mar 2014, 17:49
Sure dose. Well so much for that game. Kinda dead in the water.

hybridex
13th Apr 2014, 16:09
Been quite disappointing to hear how bad The Fall is.. especially after all the hype up to it. Possibly the reason why it hadn't come out for the consoles. I knew something was up when it was advertised for 9.99 and you will get a copy of the original DX. This is really an insult to the DX franchise.. EM! All DX DLC should be presentable and enjoyable as the main game and the ML.

dysamoria
15th Apr 2014, 04:19
Non-customizable controls are as much a "not-gonna-buy" issue as games with only checkpoint saves...

dysamoria
15th Apr 2014, 04:20
That said, i think the market is so saturated, and there are finally so many buyers and players that don't care or know any different, that these companies can throw some resources out to make junk releases just like low budget movie companies do. Sell enough units to make a profit, move on to the next profit device. Gaming has truly caught up with the movie business.

ResidentX
15th Apr 2014, 15:23
The game is not that bad...This game isn't on the same level as DE:HR though.

hybridex
15th Apr 2014, 23:58
But the previews looked so good. The only flaw is I am still unable to play it because it has not come out for consoles. I'm not much of a PC gamer. If it ever comes out for PS3, I still would buy it and play it. I'm sure you're right, it's probably not bad at all for a DLC. Much like ML which is still definitely good, but not on the same level as the main DXHR. DXHR, especially with ML infused, has more replay value again and again.

deadlygun
18th Apr 2014, 10:58
SO I HAVENT PREACHED IN VAIN

EIDOS , THANK YOU VERY MUCH I COULD KISS YOU NOW. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD THAT YOU DIDNT GO THE CAPCOM WAY AND MAKE A **** EXCLUSIVE,THIS RELEASE HAS RESTORED MY FAITH IN EIDOS.

WAS SO BUSY PLAYING AND GHOSTING IN THIEF THAT I NEVER KNEW THE PC RELEASE WAS PLANNED AND WAS OUT LAST MONTH

:) :) :)

ResidentX
18th Apr 2014, 13:24
But the previews looked so good. The only flaw is I am still unable to play it because it has not come out for consoles. I'm not much of a PC gamer. If it ever comes out for PS3, I still would buy it and play it. I'm sure you're right, it's probably not bad at all for a DLC. Much like ML which is still definitely good, but not on the same level as the main DXHR. DXHR, especially with ML infused, has more replay value again and again.

This game is a nice distraction. I just finished my third run collecting all the turntables and achievements. I finished with all the augments and like 42-43 Praxis kits extra because you can't sell in this game. It was fun but this not DE: HR.

hybridex
18th Apr 2014, 15:42
oh yeah, of course it wouldn't hold up to DXHR, but still.. it's a nice change of pace to hear something positive about the game.

ResidentX
18th Apr 2014, 15:59
I read the DE: Icarus Effect book before I played this. I think this made me appreciate the game more. Still for $9.99, I think this game was good value. Again, this game doesn't have the effort of DE:HR. If you measure this this to that, you'll feel letdown. Different time and without Jensen.

ResidentX
18th Apr 2014, 16:13
Another thing. The game had a few bugs but none were showstoppers. I was able to get all turntables and achievements. These were my only issues, http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=143332

besyuziki
3rd Aug 2014, 22:04
Keybinding is now supported with the latest update. A mobile port is a mobile port is a mobile port, but kudos to the team for taking care of this dealbreaker.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/258180/announcements/detail/157942771547349531

ResidentX
4th Aug 2014, 00:22
Keybinding is now supported with the latest update. A mobile port is a mobile port is a mobile port, but kudos to the team for taking care of this dealbreaker.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/258180/announcements/detail/157942771547349531

Does this mean that you might issues patches for other parts of this game in the future? My biggest issue was when I used the store. I bought the combos but they didn't award. See my post here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=143332&highlight=fall

Also, when will the patch go live on Steam so I can get it? I tried to update but nothing is available. Edit: Sorry I uninstalled the game already after I completed all the achievements. No wonder there's no update available :-)