PDA

View Full Version : Bring back notoriety...

S3R6i0
15th Mar 2014, 07:48
I think notoriety should come back, but it should make a bigger impact this time around. Clearing your identity should come at a heavier price. And having a high notoriety should make the NPC's more paranoid. I liked that about Blood Money. There should also be customizations, that gives the notoriety something to penalize.

agent047
15th Mar 2014, 12:44
Yes, I would like to have back notoriety and newspaper too

mcescher1
15th Mar 2014, 13:16
i agree

Itsrob
15th Mar 2014, 15:21
This would be a good alternative to Absolutions ridiculous disguise system where everyone thought you were suspicious. If you blow through levels with a machine gun more people might hear about you in the news, etc. especially if there were witnesses and if you were caught on camera.

DeathPixel
16th Mar 2014, 12:09
I would also love to see this. It was cool that when you did things unnoticed you get rewarded by having no kind of detection the next level. But if you choose for your machine gun and shoot everyone, then the next level you would've had a problem.

gkkiller
17th Mar 2014, 12:08
Agreed. Notoriety felt like it really had an effect in BM. If I was unstealthy on one level, I'd worry about getting too close to a guard in the next level. I think it should have other impacts, though. Accidents should be messier on your ratings screen but less so with notoriety, and vice versa with 'clean' kills (fibre wire).

Derangedxzombie
4th Apr 2014, 11:52
They replaced notoriety with a incredibly lame and arcade like shore board..

I don't want to see any scores in hitman 6! Noisy on screen etc, but the news paper and suspicion meter getting more aggravated from notoriety is great.

AdrianShephard
4th Apr 2014, 22:07
They replaced notoriety with a incredibly lame and arcade like shore board..

I don't want to see any scores in hitman 6! Noisy on screen etc, but the news paper and suspicion meter getting more aggravated from notoriety is great.

Agreed. Points were whack.

kewlak
13th Apr 2014, 13:08
Notoriety system would be great in Hitman 6. It was one of the coolest things in Blood Money. I also think it should be some things to neutralize it too, like dark glasses, fake hairs or even something to cover barcode (according as what 47's attribute become notorious). But then 47 would be less characteristic. What you think about it?

MrSyntax
22nd Feb 2015, 21:38
+1

EpicSides
5th Jun 2015, 05:12
I would also love to see this. It was cool that when you did things unnoticed you get rewarded by having no kind of detection the next level. But if you choose for your machine gun and shoot everyone, then the next level you would've had a problem.

I also loved how people could recognize you randomly on the next level. You walk away, almost finishing the mission, then a NPC comes and tells you "hey, i've seen you somewhere..." and things can get really messy :P