PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 4

Dragogna
4th Mar 2014, 00:39
On the PS4 in the fourth chapter it is impossible for me to use the second set of dials. I know the combination,, releaved the dials and entered in the first 3 digits. However i cannot select the second set. I have restarted checkpoint, restarted chapter, restarted game replaced my game with a new copy, uninstalled then reinstalled, deleted everything for the game (save files and all), and still cannot touch the dials. I have tried everything and cannot continue through the game because of this glitch. I have been waiting for this game since it was announced and am highly dissapointed that I am unable to play it further. Please get back to me at my profile or my email baka_killer@live.com.

larix
4th Mar 2014, 01:30
There is no glitch, you just need to figure out what to do with the safe and digits. Also please change Subject of your topic, it is spoiler.

Dragogna
4th Mar 2014, 03:35
There is no glitch, you just need to figure out what to do with the safe and digits. Also please change Subject of your topic, it is spoiler.
I know exactly hat im doing with the safe ive opened many im no noob at the game. I am completely unable to access the second set of dials even though I can see both sets and can stand right next to them. if im doing something wrong by pressing the bottons on the side to reveal the dials and entering the combination please feel free to spoil it for me

slayerking
4th Mar 2014, 05:33
I know exactly hat im doing with the safe ive opened many im no noob at the game. I am completely unable to access the second set of dials even though I can see both sets and can stand right next to them. if im doing something wrong by pressing the bottons on the side to reveal the dials and entering the combination please feel free to spoil it for meYou have put the wrong numbers into the first set of three The sets of numbers are just that sets the first number of each set goes into the first lot of dials the second number in the sets goes into the second set do you get it now

xDarknessFallsx
4th Mar 2014, 05:54
My thoughts on that whole thing...

That puzzle was 'meh' to me. I just happened to be like, "I wonder if this will work?" ... and when it did, I was beside myself. (Me and myself were just looking at each other, like, "Huh??" ;)) I enjoy a puzzle challenge, but when the solution comes randomly from left field, I'm not a big fan. Was there a hint somewhere that that's how it's done? If so, I missed it.

Like Dragogna, I found it very confusing that I could only mess with the dials on the left, and thought the game was broken when I couldn't mess with the dials on the right for a while. The only reason why, it turns out, was dev-forced contextualization. I eventually figured it was just waiting for me to get the numbers correct on the left, but was never positive until I solved it.

To be more clear on the solution, in case the above didn't help:
For the three dials on the left, use the first digit from each set of solution numbers. ##-##-##

Putting those in correctly will move Garrett's to the dials on the right...

For the three dials on the right, use the second digital from each set of solution numbers. ##-##-##

Dragogna
4th Mar 2014, 14:13
holy crap I cant believe I didn't try that. normally im good at solving puzzles but wow that threw me for a loop. thx DarknessFalls
My thoughts on that whole thing...

That puzzle was 'meh' to me. I just happened to be like, "I wonder if this will work?" ... and when it did, I was beside myself. (Me and myself were just looking at each other, like, "Huh??" ;)) I enjoy a puzzle challenge, but when the solution comes randomly from left field, I'm not a big fan. Was there a hint somewhere that that's how it's done? If so, I missed it.

Like Dragogna, I found it very confusing that I could only mess with the dials on the left, and thought the game was broken when I couldn't mess with the dials on the right for a while. The only reason why, it turns out, was dev-forced contextualization. I eventually figured it was just waiting for me to get the numbers correct on the left, but was never positive until I solved it.

To be more clear on the solution, in case the above didn't help:
For the three dials on the left, use the first digit from each set of solution numbers. ##-##-##

Putting those in correctly will move Garrett's to the dials on the right...

For the three dials on the right, use the second digital from each set of solution numbers. ##-##-##

xDarknessFallsx
4th Mar 2014, 17:06
You're welcome!
But why would you have even thought to try that? Why did I think to try that? It doesn't make sense to me; I just got lucky. I guess in real life, people might write the solution down in a cryptic way like this, but as a game puzzle, it just seems pretty random to me. Unless, like I said, there was a hint looing at me that this is how to solve it.

NIB
4th Mar 2014, 18:32
Couldn't figure out that puzzle as well. Like OP i thought that my game was broken.