PDA

View Full Version : STORE I have a problem with boosters.

Ebgravity
17th Mar 2014, 19:19
I was told that now that we are in closed beta the servers will be up all the time. But last night and just now i tried joining a game but a message popped up, "No servers available, please try again at a later time". Now my booster that I payed for with real money is being wasted because I can't play the game.. So will i get refunded because of your mistakes??

Now I'm getting "Steam is currently unavailable" even before i enter the game -.-

Tube_Reaver
17th Mar 2014, 19:40
Steam is currently down it seems, which could be the reason there was an issue connecting to the servers

Monkeythumbz
17th Mar 2014, 19:42
Thanks for flagging this, I'll look into what our stance is on this and report ASAP, earliest being tomorrow morning UK time.

Ebgravity
17th Mar 2014, 20:18
Awesome thanks, sorry for being so blunt though haha.

Monkeythumbz
18th Mar 2014, 12:00
Awesome thanks, sorry for being so blunt though haha.
Hi there, so it turns out that in this particular instance, Steam was the cause of the problem rather than anything with our servers, so technically the mistake (as you put it) wasn't ours.

Nevertheless, you do highlight a problem with our booster packs being unaffected by the passage of time IRL if our servers or Steam go down. The best thing to do in this instance would be to contact our Customer Services team (https://eg3511prl.egain.net/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001) so that they can pick up your case on an individual basis and, if needs be, supply a refund if required.

Razaiim
20th Mar 2014, 19:46
Monkeythumbz, have you considered having boosters only expire while nosgoth is actually open and running?

cmstache
21st Mar 2014, 22:32
I thought that too. That's how the weapon stats work. However, I think it would really cut into SE's profits on this.

hirukaru
21st Mar 2014, 22:39
Monkeythumbz, have you considered having boosters only expire while nosgoth is actually open and running?
I like play hour timers over real life timers for sure and I think MT love them also more. But I quote Cm in this matter

I thought that too. That's how the weapon stats work. However, I think it would really cut into SE's profits on this.

THe only option is I guess for SE to take into account that when Steam is down or Nosgoth servers that the item time should be "refunded" in some way.
How they are able to do this? uuhm not unless they can have a very very good relationship with valve I guess?
Or a IF STEAM = Online THEN NOSGOTH Server = Online THEN count down item IF NOT then Stop countdown.
But again this is easier said then done.

cmstache
21st Mar 2014, 22:48
I agree with that. Maybe a ping to steams servers every 15 minutes? If there's no connection then the item timer stops until the connection is restored.

mallettjt
20th Jun 2014, 20:27
I bought 2 founders packs and both boosters are decaying today is their last day. Can someone reset the other booster as it was not used. I used the immortal one but the normal founders booster decayed as well. I was under the impression only one would decay until I used the other.

FireWorks_
20th Jun 2014, 22:42
write a support ticket to SE. Im sure they will help you out

MysteryOne
3rd Jul 2014, 20:31
Hey...

I missed most of the Immortal founder's booster while waiting for those beta keys to give a couple of friends,
which came a bit late and the boosters were activated upon launching game back then from i heard..

So, is there any chance for me to get the immortal founder's boost back to full and half-full?
I tried the support center, but they wouldn't do anything because it was "not an issue".. or something
(was it ever mentioned that booster is activated upon starting a game?)...

So can i get my Immortal founder's boost refilled?

FireWorks_
4th Jul 2014, 09:14
"was it ever mentioned that booster is activated upon starting a game?"

take that as core arguement and contact support again.

if you didnt use them excessivly and with the new starting mechanic patched in yesterday, id ask them kindly to help you out.

If its actually true, that the keys were comming very late, it might help. I thought they are unlocked on the website instantly though. a bit hidden (thats why they put in every FAQ you can find) but instantly

EighteenX
5th Jul 2014, 08:58
Both my founder packs are still decaying. I don't really desire a refill, but I'd like it to freeze before it drops below 7 days :/ I'm at 23 days and counting on both my Warband and Immortal founder boosters.

FireWorks_
5th Jul 2014, 11:54
I dont think a freeze option is technically possible, but I could be wrong. Id tell the support, you got 2 boosters decaying parallel and ask what they can do. Maybe you get one rest.

CyBeR_Junky
10th Jul 2014, 21:16
Timed items decay when i dont play ! :scratch: is that right to steal my money ? :mad2:

RainaAudron
11th Jul 2014, 10:09
Boosters currently work on a timer basis (3, 7 and 30 days) and they start being used the moment you equip them. There might be a per match method introduced later however...

Having said that, getting the "no servers available message" after getting a booster is really annoying...