PDA

View Full Version : Too much VRAM !

CalinTM
1st Mar 2014, 08:54
can you devs patch the game to not use that much VRAM ?

NixxesSoftware
1st Mar 2014, 10:12
If you are concerned about the amount of video memory used it may be good to be careful with the texture quality setting. Please realize that Thief was built for XboxOne and PS4 as well which both come with 8GB of memory that can be addressed by the video hardware.

If you run at the higher texture quality settings this can require a lot of VRAM. If you have less VRAM you don't want to be running at maximum settings.

Please note that when changing the texture quality setting while in-game it does not always fully take effect immediately. To ensure to see the full effect of that change you'll have to restart the game, or change the setting in the launcher.

Hope that helps!

CalinTM
1st Mar 2014, 10:48
Well, the textures dont look high res not even on max setting, and they use allot of VRAM. So whats the point in this ? I really can think u could manage to tweak more the VRAM usage. I know about consoles and their unified 8gb memory, but this needs to be a PC game, not console game, therefore, needs to have proper RAM and VRAM usages.
Also there is another problem, on certain map places the game has stutter and fps drops, for some seconds. I remember allot of UE3 games has this, but their producers managed to fix this.

Meesterjojo
2nd Mar 2014, 01:47
If you are concerned about the amount of video memory used it may be good to be careful with the texture quality setting. Please realize that Thief was built for XboxOne and PS4 as well which both come with 8GB of memory that can be addressed by the video hardware.

If you run at the higher texture quality settings this can require a lot of VRAM. If you have less VRAM you don't want to be running at maximum settings.

Please note that when changing the texture quality setting while in-game it does not always fully take effect immediately. To ensure to see the full effect of that change you'll have to restart the game, or change the setting in the launcher.

Hope that helps!

Ha, yeah, and the game still isn't functioning properly on the XBOX or PS4.

CalinTM
2nd Mar 2014, 13:44
I think they will patch it on consoles, if its not running there, bu no pc, wait and see.. ;))