PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: Disabling The Cloak via ini files

brethren
1st Mar 2014, 01:08
Hello, Nixxes/EM -

As you can see in this thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141815

There are many PC Thief fans who have purchased the game but wish to turn off The Cloak effect by altering the ini/configuration files in the Thief game directory. This includes both the black, swirling haze effect around the edges of the screen and also the flashing white light as you move from dark to light areas while playing.

Can someone please inform us on the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Subjective Effect
1st Mar 2014, 09:05
Bumping for info.

Any help guys?

NIB
1st Mar 2014, 10:37
Yes please let us turn it off.

Meesterjojo
2nd Mar 2014, 01:50
They have bigger issues than your problems with the cloak. Like sound issues on all platforms, crashes on all platforms, data loss on all platforms.

NIB
2nd Mar 2014, 02:03
They have bigger issues than your problems with the cloak. Like sound issues on all platforms, crashes on all platforms, data loss on all platforms.

I am sure they have enough resources to solve multiple problems at once. Expecially when one of them probably only requires to tell us which ini settings to tweak.

I can smell the river from here!

Cavalier
2nd Mar 2014, 02:09
If it was easy to do, I'm sure they would have added it to the menu options. Unless there's some reason they're not permitted to.

rhirons
2nd Mar 2014, 02:16
I know it's not top of the list but none the less, I'd like to be able to turn these options too.

Laicus
2nd Mar 2014, 06:51

Poor things. For me the only problem in the game - damn Cloak effect.