PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - Ongoing Bugs and Issues Thread

P4NCH0theD0G
28th Feb 2014, 17:00
Hello, there. As I play through the game, I will periodically post issues and bugs in this thread, so expect this to go on. And on. Well, hopefully not, but I'm through the prologue and halfway through the first level, and there's already a few.

Anyone else, feel free to add stuff. You can use this template, if you like:

Bug:

Issue:

Where:

Reproducible:

Frequency:

Setup:

BUGS and ISSUES LIST

Bug: Garrett Voice Audio way too loud compared to other characters'.

Where: (so far) always, but most notable in cutscenes

Issue: It's very bassy, often drowns out other sounds, and when I adjust it to something bearable, I can barely hear other people speak.

Setup: 3D Stereo Headset (old one, via chinch cables), selected Headphones in Audio Options.

Bugs: Voices from AI NPCs

coming through walls from outside into houses like they were standing right next to me inside;
no way to tell the elevation (if the voice is above or below), very confusing that, similar to them coming in from outside; (compare that to the cutscene audio with Erin running above the bird-room, there you can tell the sounds come from above)
having strange dialog (guy inside walking rounds says "I'm freezing, should have gotten one of those inside jobs...")

Where: Chapter 1, Jeweler's House

Reproducible: Yes

Frequency: (so far) always

Bug: Enemy AI does NOT react to:

candles extinguished in their vicinity; -- I put out two lights in a small room while someone had their back turned to me. When he turned back and the now dark candles were in full view, he did not react at all. Not even a "Damned drafts. Why can't those things stay lit?" like in the Prologue after dousing your first torch;
light switches turned off in their vicinity; -- not in the same room, but somewhere they can definitely see into and turn to.
containers (chests, safes, boxes etc) being closed again AFTER the AI had noticed that they were opened -- I left a chest open just to see how the AI would react, and they noticed it and searched around for me. Then I snuck back and closed the box, hoping for something like "And now it's closed again! He's playing us for fools!" Sadly, that didn't happen;

Where: Prologue Mansion Courtyard, Chapter 1 Jeweler's

Frequency: Always (so far).

Bug: Enemy AI instantly falls asleep again after being roused by noise

Issue: A sleeping guard, once alerted, will look around, but if he sees nothing suspicious, he will go back to his chair, and upon sitting down, instantly fall asleep. Sit, Snore.

Where: Chapter 1: Jeweler's

Frequency: (so far) always

Bug: In Bow Tutorials, you cannot fire an arrow if you're not aiming right

Issue: Playing without the Targeting Reticule from the start, has a funny side effect. In the two prologue instances of Bow and Arrow tutorials (Rope, Water), if you aim not where you are supposed to shoot, you will not shoot upon releasing R2, just release the pull on the string slowly. As such, I thought that you could not shoot an arrow, unless you aimed at a legitimate target - silly, I know.

Where: Prologue

Frequency: Always

To be Continued...

WATTAGE22
28th Feb 2014, 17:21
Bug: Sound is crackling and popping

Issue: I have no idea why its doing this. I have no other sound issues with my PS4, only Thief

Where: It starts with the game icon on the PS4 main menu. If I select the Thief icon and press the down button on my controller the sound becomes VERY distorted and cracks and pops. It is also very loud. In game it does this as well.

Reproducible: Yes, my copy of Thief is downloaded, so I deleted it and reinstalled the game. The problem still exists.

Frequency: Constant, the game is unplayable at this point.

Setup: I have the most up to date patch installed, and my PS4 is wired for sound through HDMI. I want to reiterate that I have no other sound issues with my PS4, it is only doing this with Thief.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P4NCH0theD0G
28th Feb 2014, 21:19
Issue: Weird/unfitting/limited AI NPC dialog - NPCs say stuff that doesn`t make much sense in their situation, constantly repeat themselves, and have the same lines as many others. And I'm just about to start the second mission, so that limitation is worrisome to me...

Where: Jeweler's, Miss Scarlet's Townhouse, Stonemarket, Everywhere

Frequency: Often

P4NCH0theD0G
1st Mar 2014, 00:04
Bug: Enemy AI sees through Walls

Issue: In two places (so far), when standing too close to a wall or door with enemies behind it, the enemies will spot you through the solid obstruction.

Where: Troy's Apothecary/Surgery.
1: in the corner of the wrenchable vent, if you go all the way into the corner, the enemy AI in the next room spots you.
2: at the door of Troy's laboratory leading to the room with the Guards, too close to the door with your back turned towards it, guards will spot you.

P4NCH0theD0G
2nd Mar 2014, 15:43
Bug: Checkpoint saves in Closets freeze AI routines/dialog/AI events

Issue: When in the middle of a scripted events between AI NPCs (two guards talking etc.), if you enter a closet and get a checkpoint save, I had

the scripted event freeze, the NPCs would stop in mid-sentence;
the AI routines would stop and not continue; -- Chapter two, in the Foundry, one guard wanted to show another a locked door he found, I followed them, snuck into a closet to save, then they stopped talking, and just stopped in front of a peephole, saying nothing, doing nothing, and didn't move again. I reloaded, then only one stopped in front of the peephole, again not saying anything or ever moving.
the AI did not react to distractions anymore; -- Chapter 2, Foundry, the Medical Examiner and the Guard usually talk about the gloom victims and their obviously (not) self-inflicted wounds, and walk around. I had saved in the closet near them, had to reload, and afterwards they did not talk or move again - AND didn't react to any distractions, thrown bottles, etc., including the guard on the lower level, which made it impossible to get through there unseen. The one on the lower level did however react to two thrown bottles in quick succession with becoming alerted, but only one bottle didn't even get a word out of anyone.

Where: Chapter 2, Foundry, various locations

Reproducible: Yes, seemingly the whole mission was "corrupted" like that after it had started.

Frequency: During that playthrough, always

Bug: Delayed Reaction from Dogs/Guards

Issue: Sometimes, after making noise with the swoop move, it takes a Dog or Guard up to 5 seconds to react. You accidentally swoop over glass, and nothing happens. Then a few seconds later your in a dark corner doing nothing, and the "detected" sound happens and then the guards come running.

Where: Chapter 2, Escaping the Foundry

Frequency: Sometimes

Bug: Voice Over from Garret gets cut-off by Level transitions

Issue: When going from one part of the City to another, often Garret's dialog starts before you transition, and/or is cut off when you enter the new location after the loading screen.

Where: Stonemarket to Riverside/South... something

Reproducible: Yes.

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Mar 2014, 00:22
Issue: When playing with all Interaction Prompts disabled, there is no way to see if a door/chest is locked until you interact with it. It would be nice if there was a way to see that, maybe in the way Garret holds his hands or something.

Where: Doors, Chests, Everywhere

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Mar 2014, 14:29
Bug: Enemy NPCs "teleport" when switching from "wary" to "relaxed"

Issue: After an enemy NPC has a suspicion, they continue on their patrol, but walk "wary". After a while, they resume their "relaxed" stance. But when that happens, they disappear for a blink, then reappear a step to the side.

Video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=418926194918553
As you can see, barely because it's so dark, the outline of the enemy NPC jumps a step to the side after going from "wary" to "relaxed".

Where: Alfonso's Attire, Cellar (example)

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Mar 2014, 19:40
Bug: PS4 Share Videos are way too dark

Issue: The Recorded PS4 videos via the Share button are way, way too dark. I don't know why. It just looks extremely dark on my TV, as you can probably see in the videos linked below.

Reproducible: Yes, from 3 chapters and all kinds of City

Setup: Standard, according to the in-game "this is how bright it should be..."

Bug: Invisible Light Source going through Walls and inside Closet.

Issue: Chapter 3, Blossoms, Ground Floor, there`s a closet in a magical corner.

There`s light from inside a closet that shines on you despite no light source being there.
And enemies can somehow see you, even if they`re not around.

Where: Chapter 3, Blossoms, Ground Floor (see video)

Video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=418927571585082

Bug: Ambient Sound vanishes

Issue: Chapter 3, Blossoms, there are two corners, one on the ground floor, and one on the upper floor, and once you enter, ambient sound simply vanishes. It's very disturbing

Where: Chapter 3, Blossoms, Ground Floor, Upper Floor

Video: Upper Floor (you start in the corner without sound):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=418925734918599
Ground Floor (you start with sound, then it cuts off):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=418962351581604

Bug: NPC Dialog volume is different between two NPCs right next to each other.

Issue: In a voyeur scene in Chapter 3, two NPCs talk. One talks with normal volume, the other not. No apparent reason why.

Where: Chapter 3, Blossoms, inside.

Video (SPOILERS in VIDEO):
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=418929871584852

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Mar 2014, 23:28
Bug: Opportunist Ranking because of dropping a Chandelier on Nothing

Issue:Chapter 3. No Knockouts. No Kills. No Alarms, No Detections. 1 Suspicion. Sounds like Ghost, right? Wrong. Because, in my exploration and experimentation, I shot a chandelier, 1 chandelier, to see if maybe it would drop and open something up, I got an Opportunist Ranking. Annoying that is. Very annoying...

Where: Chapter 3, Chandelier in the Ruins

Reproducible:Maybe. Lot of level to do it all again right now...

Frequency: ?

P4NCH0theD0G
3rd Mar 2014, 23:51
Bug: Ambient Sound vanishes

Issue: Chapter 3, Secret Passage, several areas, as you traverse them, the ambient sounds cuts off from one step to the next.

Where: Chapter 3, Blossoms, Ground Floor, Upper Floor

Video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=418973801580459

d4c1981
4th Mar 2014, 13:37
Bug: Enemy AI sees through Walls

Issue: In two places (so far), when standing too close to a wall or door with enemies behind it, the enemies will spot you through the solid obstruction.

Where: Troy's Apothecary/Surgery.
1: in the corner of the wrenchable vent, if you go all the way into the corner, the enemy AI in the next room spots you.
2: at the door of Troy's laboratory leading to the room with the Guards, too close to the door with your back turned towards it, guards will spot you.

I can vouch for this bug also. I'm trying to ghost through the levels and this happened. Seen through a closed door, unless the AI can see a shadow underneath the door which I doubt.

P4NCH0theD0G
5th Mar 2014, 15:17
Bug: During PSVita Remote Play: When accessing the Vita Live Screen while playing, then re-connecting to the PS4 to continue playing, the whole Vita Screen is now the Touchpad, and you cannot crouch or zoom anymore.

Issue: When accessing the Vita Live Screen - Vita Menu - during Remote Play (through the PS Vita button/Live Screen Area), then reconnecting to the PS4 to continue playing Thief, the whole Vita screen is now the "designated Touchpad". Wherever you touch the screen, the inventory appears, and the two on-screen buttons for Crouch and Zoom cannot be accessed anymore.

Solution: Press the PS Vita button, then select PS4 Button to go to the PS4 Home Screen, then re-enter the game pressing X.

Where: Everywhere

Setup: PS Vita Remote Play on PS4 via Direct-Wifi.

d4c1981
6th Mar 2014, 11:56
Bug: Music cuts out in the house of blossoms, goes dead quiet apart from voices in a certain area.

Issue: Music cuts out

Where: House of Blossoms, downstairs area where the guard stands against the wall.

Reproducible: Yes, happens every time you go through the curtain on the left side.

Frequency: Everytime. Even after a reload.

Setup: PS4.

P4NCH0theD0G
7th Mar 2014, 23:04
Bug: Cook makes no sound when walking

Issue: The Cook in the City Estate of the Architect makes absolutely no sound when moving, no matter the distance or the surface. He walks over glass shards and nothing.

Where: Chapter 4, cellar/ground floor of architect's estate

Video: coming

Bug: Dying in the smoke for no apparent reason

Issue: In the "Engine Room" of the keep, during the fire, you eventually take damage in the smoke, yet there seems to be no system to it. When playing with "Take any Damage and you fail the mission", it's ridiculous. There is no rhyme or reason to how long Garret withstands the smoke. You can wait pretty much forever in certain locations (beginning), in others you almost instantly take damage (wirecutter wall-box). It came down to learning where to go (hard when playing without the mini-map), then sprinting there, hoping I'd get there before I took damage. Horrible design!

Where: Chapter 4, the Keep, smoking "Engine Room" after the "Thumper"

Setup: Custom Difficulty, Master, No Damage Allowed

Video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=421235964687576

d4c1981
10th Mar 2014, 21:06
Bug: Garrett while sneaking decides to stand and run.

Issue: trying to sneak and Garrett gets up and runs.

Where: many levels

Reproducible: no, its totally random

Frequency: in numerous levels, not that frequent

Setup: PS4

d4c1981
11th Mar 2014, 09:12
Bug: AI do not walk the paths their supposed too.

Issue: AI does not walk along the predetermined routes their supposed too, they sometimes just hang in a place or walk back and forth between a small portion of their paths.

Reproducible: Yes, sometimes a reload of the game does not correct the issue, whereas sometimes it does.

Frequency: In every level.

P4NCH0theD0G
14th Mar 2014, 13:38
Bug: Enemy AI patrol route changes do not trigger until reload

Issue: After the, I think 3rd, reload of a manual save, one Enemy NPC suddenly decided to walk his, apparently intended, new patrol route, after all.

Where: Client Mission, Vittorio, Collector's Lodge - Enemy in the Cellar, after revealing the combination lock on the wall, did at first NOT exit the cellar, but after several reloads, he did.

Reproducible: Yes.

Bug: Enemy AI does not notice a turned-off light switch when it's switched off with him inside.

Issue: Enemy AI, standing guard in a room, does not react to the light being turned off in that room.

Where: Client Mission, Vittorio, Collector's Lodge, Downstairs, room towards the cellar exit, stationary guard standing at the wall. If you shoot the switch with a blunt arrow, he just keeps standing there and doesn't notice. (Guard has been lured away once before by opening the door to the adjoining room.)

Bug: Enemy AI is not affected by turned-off lights

Issue: After an enemy guard leaves the room, I close the door and turn off the lights. I then enter an adjoining room, do my thing there (No spoilers). When I come back, the enemy guard is back in the room, and the light is still out. However, the guard reacts to me, movement and change (such as an open/opening door he should not be able to see in the total Darkness) as if the light was still on. (He also failed to turn the lights back on after entering, or noticing the closed door).

Where: Client Mission, Vittorio, Collector's Lodge - Enemy in the Cellar.

P4NCH0theD0G
14th Mar 2014, 15:46
Bug: Windows mirror wrong view / No characters in windows or mirrors

Issue:
1. Pretty much every non-see through window mirrors a completely different view. Whether it's a first-floor window mirror-showing the ground floor view, or an indoor window mirroring the outdoors, it's pretty bad. And looks very cheap.
2. Probably because of these fixed, not-procedurally generated mirror images, no mirroring surfaces show NPCs or the Player character. Which seems also kinda cheap...

Video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=424380531039786

P4NCH0theD0G
24th Mar 2014, 14:52
Bug: Remote Play on PS Vita - No indicator (vibration, visual, audio) when searching for switch in Bookshelves

Issue: When playing with the Vita via Remote Play, since the Vita has no vibration, it becomes impossible to tell where a hidden switch in bookshelves is. There is no visual indicator or sound, and without vibration you just don't know and have to test each book.
-- this is pretty horrible --

Where: Bookshelves

Setup: PS4 Remote Play through PS Vita

ncdamc
26th Mar 2014, 13:53
Bug: No Southpaw/left-handed controller layout option in game

Issue: Cannot play game

Where: Options menu

Reproducible: N/A

Frequency: N/A

Please patch in the following alternative controller layout option (Southpaw/Lefties):

Left Thumbstick = Look / Toggle Zoom (Observe Click)
Right Thumbstick = Move / Dodge (toggle Crouch Click)
L1 = Melee Attack / Takedown
L2 = Use Bow
R1 = Dodge
R2 = Run / Climb / Jump