PDA

View Full Version : Game wont run

Grant522
28th Feb 2014, 16:15
I have the DVD version of Thief with the Bank Heist Bonus Mission. I have installed the game and registered it on Steam along with the DLC everything appeared to install correctly. The game will not run it gets as far as preparing to launch Thief and that's it. I have followed the advice on the Steam site but still no good. I have lots of experience running software via Steam and this is the first time I have had an issue.

I am running Windows seven with on Intel 2320 I 5 processor with 8gb of ram and an 2gb AMD 6670 Graphics card. Could offer some help please I don't want to uninstall the game and reinstall again it takes so long. One thing I did notice at the end of the install their didn't appear to be a Direct X update might be nothing.

Help please

Firekracker
28th Feb 2014, 16:40
Same for me. If I start the game, nothing happens and I get a quick "synching" notification after a few seconds. If I try to start the exe directly, I get an 0xc000007b error, which means there is something wrong with DLLs. I ran it through Dependancy Walker and it said it conflicted with /couldn't find several x86 DLLS. I guess this is some sort of incompatibility between the game and Windows 8.1 x64.

I had the same Problem with the recent update of Rome 2, however I could circumvent that by directly starting the exe instead of the launcher. Is there a way to do the same in Thief?