PDA

View Full Version : Massive Performance Problems

Koenigscobra
28th Feb 2014, 14:19
I know, there have been many threds about very low FPS, but i haven't found a thread with my problem yet. Instead of having permanently low FPS, my game continuously changes between >30 FPS and the point, where it almost completely stops, like it's going in little steps. Changing the video settings makes no difference at all, and i've already downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card and the Catalyst driver 14.2 beta. I would really appreciate, if someone could give me some tips or ideally a fix for my Problems.
-Koenigscobra

PC specifications:
Graphics: Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition
CPU: Intel Pentium 3.2 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

NixxesSoftware
28th Feb 2014, 14:42
Could you include a DxDiag file and the thief.log file located in your documents/thief folder?

MyPerfection
28th Feb 2014, 15:23
@OP
Try using the 32bit Version and I bet that it will run very smooth.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160/discussions/0/558749190724137672/

Koenigscobra
28th Feb 2014, 15:26
It works! Thank you so much! :D

Syffer
28th Feb 2014, 15:31
@OP
Try using the 32bit Version and I bet that it will run very smooth.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160/discussions/0/558749190724137672/

After reading carefully i see that you still have 18FPS in the benchmark.
Game is still enjoyable with this ?

Weird that you get way more fps in the game itself.

MyPerfection
28th Feb 2014, 15:39
After reading carefully i see that you still have 18FPS in the benchmark.
Game is still enjoyable with this ?

Weird that you get way more fps in the game itself.
I don't know why ... seems that the benchmark uses way more cpu power than the game itself. I'm in the middle of chapter 2 right now and so far no fps issues at all. I still got my ~45fps average with a minimum of ~32fps and max above 60.

Syffer
28th Feb 2014, 15:43
I don't know why ... seems that the benchmark uses way more cpu power than the game itself. I'm in the middle of chapter 2 right now and so far no fps issues at all. I still got my ~45fps average with a minimum of ~32fps and max above 60.

But you play on very low settings, right ?: :x

You should be on "medium" settings with your card, with an enjoyable framerate, as in any other game except this one x).

MyPerfection
28th Feb 2014, 16:10
But you play on very low settings, right ?: :x

You should be on "medium" settings with your card, with an enjoyable framerate, as in any other game except this one x).
There are no medium settings :P ... these are mine:
No AA, Shadows Low, Textures Low, AFx4 and everything else turned ON.
I could boost the texture quality to normal and shadows too or even high and still have fps above 30 almost every time
but then the game stutters every now and then, loading a new scene and stuff. That's why i'm using low texture quality.

It still looks pretty impressive even with low textures, so i don't really need to set it higher.
(But i know that i can and will when the mantle support will be released in march ^^)