PDA

View Full Version : PS4 White textuire flashing when turning

Shatteredciv
27th Feb 2014, 21:33
Anyone experiencing white texture flashing when turning suddenly? It doesn't happen all the time, but wondering if it's a GPU or game issue. Thanks.

Plain_Sight_Doc
28th Feb 2014, 00:01
I believe what you are talking about is the flash of light when you enter the light from the darkness. if you notice that it syncs with the controller light turning dark blue to bright white. I wondered what that was too until i found out there are dark smoky textures on the side of the screen when you are in the darkness and when the controller's emitting blue light . Im pretty sure that's what you are talking about. Its pretty cool when you realize what it is, it helps you hate being in the light , like Garret would.

Shatteredciv
28th Feb 2014, 01:38
I believe what you are talking about is the flash of light when you enter the light from the darkness. if you notice that it syncs with the controller light turning dark blue to bright white. I wondered what that was too until i found out there are dark smoky textures on the side of the screen when you are in the darkness and when the controller's emitting blue light . Im pretty sure that's what you are talking about. Its pretty cool when you realize what it is, it helps you hate being in the light , like Garret would.

The light bar is a great function, and adds an immersive quality to the game, but this is not what I am talking about, nor the smoky light and dark on the edges of the screen. This is definitely a graphical artifact. I am just wondering if it's a GPU issue or game related bug. So, I assume you have never seen this type of glitch?

InsanityOnABun
28th Feb 2014, 10:52
I get this on PC as well, and I'm pretty sure that it's from geometry culling, an optimization in game engines where the system doesn't render anything that isn't visible to the player - for example, everything behind the player. It seems like if you spin fast enough, you can beat the engine in determining what is and what is about to become visible, thus giving you holes in the world geometry for a split second.

Shatteredciv
28th Feb 2014, 19:37
I get this on PC as well, and I'm pretty sure that it's from geometry culling, an optimization in game engines where the system doesn't render anything that isn't visible to the player - for example, everything behind the player. It seems like if you spin fast enough, you can beat the engine in determining what is and what is about to become visible, thus giving you holes in the world geometry for a split second.

Right, that sounds reasonable for sure. NOw, what I am trying to determine, is if you and I have it, and no one else, then maybe, just maybe our GPU's are on the fritz? However, if everyone has it, then it's an obvious feature I have to live with. Mind you, this doesn't ALWAYS happen, it seems like the longer the unit is on, the more prone it is to this occurrence. In any regard hopefully others chime in, and I appreciate the new term "geometry culling" that will further help me in my search to find an answer.

InsanityOnABun
28th Feb 2014, 21:08
Right, that sounds reasonable for sure. NOw, what I am trying to determine, is if you and I have it, and no one else, then maybe, just maybe our GPU's are on the fritz? However, if everyone has it, then it's an obvious feature I have to live with. Mind you, this doesn't ALWAYS happen, it seems like the longer the unit is on, the more prone it is to this occurrence. In any regard hopefully others chime in, and I appreciate the new term "geometry culling" that will further help me in my search to find an answer.

I seriously doubt it's an issue with our GPUs. Keep in mind too that the geometry culling explanation is just my guess. I know just enough about game development and engines to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I could very well be wrong. It's just what it seems like to me.

Shatteredciv
1st Mar 2014, 02:54
I seriously doubt it's an issue with our GPUs. Keep in mind too that the geometry culling explanation is just my guess. I know just enough about game development and engines to sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I could very well be wrong. It's just what it seems like to me.

Well, I am going to get a replacement in any regards, and I will let you know what the outcome is. Cheers.