PDA

View Full Version : Thief companion app

sneakytaff
27th Feb 2014, 15:17
I pre-ordered the game, I registered Thief with the serial code on the Square Enix site, I even downloaded the free bank heist level that comes with the pre-ordered copy of Thief.

But the application says I still need to register the game on the Square Enix site in order to work. I followed all the instructions so I don't know what the hell is going on...

Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea on how to fix it?

I have the PS4 version.

Freyja
27th Feb 2014, 21:03
It's a little tricky, but in order to read your game stats and progress, the app needs three things:
1) you need to have a Square Enix Members account (you got it);
2) you need to register your copy of THIEF in your profile (check);
3) you need to be logged into the app using your Square Enix Members code so it can pull your data from your profile.

I think that last step is where it's falling apart for you, here. But also make sure you have the right version of the app... The stats bits will only work with the Promo (GameStop preorder version) or Full (paid) version of the Companion app, if you have the free one you'll need to upgrade.

There's a bit more info on the Companion app on the Tech Support post here (http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Thief-Tech-Support?theme=thief).