PDA

View Full Version : Thief progress completely lost after 8hrs

s_hicks
27th Feb 2014, 05:40
I lost all progress on my game after 8 hours of gameplay. The following says where I was at when I lost the progress and exactly what happened, but it is somewhat a spoiler since it says which part of the game I was at when it happened.

I was at the point in the game where you are supposed to get the boat from Basso. I figured, if you are taking a boat out of the city, you might not be able to come back to the city. I figured I might be approaching the end of the game. So I decided to reattempt the Bank Heist and go all the way back to the beginning part of the city. On my way back, the guards spotted me so I ran towards the entrance to the previous part of the city with the glowing orb. I clicked "X" and then "A" to accept entering the area. It went to the cutscene where the guys are wheeling you in on a wheelbarrow trying to sneak you in. Then it told me I was back at Chapter 1 and had to get to the clocktower. This game has been an 8 hour waste of life and I am not playing it over again. If I can't access my previous saves, I do not want to play through those 8 hours again. I want a refund.

Has this problem happened to anybody else? Where it resets you back to chapter 1?:mad2:

korser
27th Feb 2014, 07:33
The same thing happened to me after I came back to stone market. I had just finished a side quest from Vittori. I was also after chapter 3. Upon entering stone market the game showed me the cinematic and I was back to chapter 1.

This is incredible that a bug like this has passed QA.

I'm playing on PS4 Btw

s_hicks
27th Feb 2014, 07:48
The same thing happened to me after I came back to stone market. I had just finished a side quest from Vittori. I was also after chapter 3. Upon entering stone market the game showed me the cinematic and I was back to chapter 1.

This is incredible that a bug like this has passed QA.

I was past Chapter 4. I even checked my achievements and I have an achievement for completing Chapter 4. It is amazing that it passed QA. I'm so pissed though. Do you know if there's a way to get a refund? I bought the game through a local Gamestop store.

korser
27th Feb 2014, 13:28
you could always bring it back to Gamestop and tell them it's broken. You shouldn't have to pay for something broken. Not sure if they would take it but it's worth a try.

I bought mine on Amazon. I might try to return it.

NixxesSoftware
27th Feb 2014, 15:32
I don't think you encountered a bug. You are saying that you were returning to Stonemarket...

The glowing orb is for replaying mission 1: the Lockdown. Go to the in-game menu and select 'return to the city' to continue your normal progress.

Jake Denton
27th Feb 2014, 15:34
the game is broken. I got to chapter 2 one time and then all of a sudden I'm back to chapter 1 and even though I backed up my save it keeps returning me to chapter 1.

So I re played chapter 1 and guess what? Once I finished it I got sent back again. Whenever it shows my stats and I press "continue" (NOT PLAY AGAIN) it just goes back to the cinematic where he's waking up in a cart.

What a waste of money.

s_hicks
27th Feb 2014, 17:32
I don't think you encountered a bug. You are saying that you were returning to Stonemarket...

The glowing orb is for replaying mission 1: the Lockdown. Go to the in-game menu and select 'return to the city' to continue your normal progress.

OMG Nixxes! Thank you so much. That was so confusing and I thought all my progress was lost. You are correct. To anybody who has this problem where it starts you back at the beginning, just go to the options and choose "Return to the City". Thanks again man. Rly helped me out. :)

korser
28th Feb 2014, 04:31
Return to city is working but I still think it's broken. How am I suppose to go back to Stone Market to do the bank heist? It should not return me to chapter 1. At least when I'm trying to return to Stone Market let me choose if I want to restart chapter 1. How am I suppose to go back? find a window that communicates between areas instead of doors?

Edit: It's a bad game design choice. You can get out of stone market via these doors but you can't get back in. It's really confusing. I see it asked if I want to redo chapter 1 now but don't make it just a one way entrance.