PDA

View Full Version : Display Glitch (PC)

ADD1CTED GAM3R
26th Feb 2014, 22:28
Hey, everyone.

Is anyone else having a display issue when peeking around corners, and during cut-scenes? Whenever I peek around a corner or encounter a cut-scene, there is an overlay of some sort that appears over the while screen. It looks like a faded image of a house or something. A little box also appears in the top left corner that displays what I'm seeing on my screen, but smaller. It's almost like the "Picture in Picture" feature that a lot of TVs have.

Here's a screen-shot of the problem: http://imgur.com/WI5i9dB

Here are the specs of my PC:
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
RAM: 8GB Team Vulcan DDR3
Processor: Intel COre i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz
Processor Fan: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Revision 2
Graphics Card: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 3GB GHz Edition
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 Channel
Internal Memory 1: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Internal Memory 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache is
Power Supply: Corsair CX Series 600W
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P 24"
Mouse: Logitech G500
Keyboard: Lite-On
Intake Fans: 200mm front, 200mm side, 140mm bottom
Exhaust Fans: 200mm top, 120mm rear
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922
Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit

Here are my in-game settings:
Game & HUD - The only ones I have enabled are listed below; the rest are disabled.
1) Waypoint Markers
2) Journal Updates
3) Pick-up Notifiers
4) Light Gem
5) Location Updates

Display
1) Fullscreen
2) Double Buffer VSync
3) 1920 x 1080 Resolution

Graphics
1) 35% Brightness
2) 90 Degree FOV
3) Very High Textures
4) 8x Anisptropic Filtering
5) Very High Shadows
6) Screenspace Reflection Enabled
7) Normal DOF
8) High SSAA
9) FXAA Enabled
10) Contact Hardening Shadows Enabled
11) Tessellation Enabled

I have tried lowering my settings to the lowest preset and it does fix the issue, but it's silly to run at the lowest settings with a powerful machine like mine. It's not anything game-breaking, but it is rather annoying. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

bingobango
27th Feb 2014, 00:33
I had this happen to me when I had SSAA on High and a fairly high OC on my 780 FTW. I tried turning off SSAA and reset my card to default and I haven't seen it since.

The same thing is sort of happening to this user almost a year ago with the release of Tomb Raider. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615700-tomb-raider/65647616 So hopefully this is something that will be addressed in a patch.

ADD1CTED GAM3R
27th Feb 2014, 00:56
I had this happen to me when I had SSAA on High and a fairly high OC on my 780 FTW. I tried turning off SSAA and reset my card to default and I haven't seen it since.

The same thing is sort of happening to this user almost a year ago with the release of Tomb Raider. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615700-tomb-raider/65647616 So hopefully this is something that will be addressed in a patch.

It seems to have stopped. I changed the preset from custom to high, then back again, and it's gone. Hopefully it will stay gone, but if it pops back up again, I'll post an update.