PDA

View Full Version : Garrett's got sticky feet

TafferTim
26th Feb 2014, 07:51
Following Erin in the opening chapter, right after she brags about making the claw herself, then crouching to go under the pipe, Garrett can't jump down - just stands there like a wuss afraid to jump down - can't get past it.

Oh yeah - sure is fun playing with everything set to its lowest quality, and it's still choppy - is it too late to get a refund?

Plain_Sight_Doc
26th Feb 2014, 07:56
Hold L2 on PS4 version and move forward while on a ledge. Use the freerun button in other words

pwyll
26th Feb 2014, 16:38
Why would they put a special key for jumping down? Garrett should jump automatically as he passes a ledge. This has been done in that way since 1995 in PC gaming. Why did they change something that was working well?

hyperzzzz
28th Feb 2014, 04:30
On a PC right at the start, I'm stuck as well. This time, no special key, just the space or jump key, but the game won't let me. I just freeze at the ledge.

About two minutes into the game.

I know things aren't always straight the first time out but really. How many millions did they spend to make this, and you can't jump in the training mission? :lol: Was anyone paying attention?

wilco64256
28th Feb 2014, 16:20
On a PC right at the start, I'm stuck as well. This time, no special key, just the space or jump key, but the game won't let me. I just freeze at the ledge.

About two minutes into the game.

I know things aren't always straight the first time out but really. How many millions did they spend to make this, and you can't jump in the training mission? :lol: Was anyone paying attention?

You should be pressing the "run" key to get down from a ledge I believe. Though I've also seen posted elsewhere that you use the "drop" key to get down. Whatever you have that set to.

hyperzzzz
28th Feb 2014, 19:18
I never changed the defaults. Run is SHIFT, and the helpful "Press E to Jump" message comes up every time. I've tried exactly 100 times. It's like I hit a glass wall.

Maybe this has something to do with Steam, which has always sucked, I don't know. I'm into supporting game developers, and I pre-ordered this. And game developers use Steam to try to cut down on piracy, which is lunacy really. Then I found out a friend has already downloaded a pirate copy of the game and plays it standalone (without steam) and has no problems.

Maybe if they want people like me to pay for games they should make them so they actually work first. Because I'm nearly about to get my money back from Amazon and just play the pirated version anyway.

wilco64256
28th Feb 2014, 19:34
I've seen in other threads people talking about a key specifically labeled as "drop" in the controls, have you checked that?