PDA

View Full Version : Strange loading on PC

arkhanari
26th Feb 2014, 07:12
Hello.

I am playing the game on the PC and strangely enough the game seems to load as soon as I venture forth through a window or a door. Is there any way to stop the game from having loading zones that are even smaller than the ones from Deadly Shadows?

Verrenus
26th Feb 2014, 09:05
Hello.

I am playing the game on the PC and strangely enough the game seems to load as soon as I venture forth through a window or a door. Is there any way to stop the game from having loading zones that are even smaller than the ones from Deadly Shadows?

Sadly enough, there is just no way around this and no simple way to fix it either. Unless EM make a totally new and upgraded version of the game, like the DX:HR Director's Cut, all those loading screens are here to stay!

sirtaff
26th Feb 2014, 10:48
Is this a joke?

Verrenus
26th Feb 2014, 11:56
Is this a joke?

Sadly, it's really no laughing matter, there's a loading screen even just beyond the room that you start the game in! :mad2:

sirtaff
26th Feb 2014, 16:17
Yeah I know, my point was: Was phrasing this as a "bug" in the game a joke?... Or do they genuinely not know that's how the game is?

Verrenus
26th Feb 2014, 16:48
Aaah, ok! Sorry, it was my mistake! :P

To be fair, you really wouldn't expect the PC and next-gen console versions of the game to have more loading screens than 10-year-old Thief: Deadly Shadows, but apparently EM think otherwise...

xDarknessFallsx
26th Feb 2014, 20:23
For a PC user, especially if they feel they have the hardware to support it, it's a valid question. I.e., why not have the option to have the entire level pre-load, or more effectively stream? I think that's what they were probably thinking. From a layman's perspective, it's a justifiable question, imo. I don't see where they used the word "bug."