PDA

View Full Version : Horrible performance (PC)

Evandan4
26th Feb 2014, 00:04
I have a GTX 570, an i5-2500K OC'd at 4.5GHZ, and 8GB's of ram, yet my FPS drops from 60 to 30ish constantly. I have even tried putting everything on low, and I still get terrible FPS. I am over the recommended specs, and should be able to play a solid 60fps on high. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FunktasticLucky
27th Feb 2014, 03:32
I don't know how people are having FPS issues in this game... have you looked in your nvidia drivers settings and made sure everything is set to application controlled? Perhaps you have everything set to max value and it's dragging the game down no matter what you set your game settings at. I am running dual GTX680's and I have everything maxed out in both the game and nvidia control panel. I'm running at 2560x1440 and still average 55FPS in the benchmark.

This game relies HEAVILY on lighting and shadows and I'm sure that's where most of the hit is taking place. so anything with high ambient occlusion and such is taking a huge toll on people's systems.

XingHua31
28th Feb 2014, 01:57
Well I'm getting around 60 FPS on the very highest setting, but it has really, really bad FPS drops and stuttering to the point that the screen will actually freeze for a second, and then unfreeze. Sadly, this also happens on the very lowest setting too, and my PC does meet the requirements (it's actually closer to the recommended in certain aspects! :/).

Mrock004
28th Feb 2014, 03:20
I'm experiencing this as well and I have a pretty beefy PC. 2 x 680 GTX, AMD FX8350 8-core, 16GB RAM... The game runs at a very nice frame rate but constantly drops so low it's like a slide show for about 5-10 seconds. Then it will return to perfection. I've messed with the graphics settings fairly extensively to see if there was one particular setting that was causing the issue, but no dice. I've read about folks in other forums having the same issue.

Evandan4
28th Feb 2014, 04:48
It's just like that for me. I can get a solid 60-90 FPS on everything maxed except SSAA, but there are severe FPS drops when I turn, or even when I'm sitting still. I was playing for an hour yesterday with everything but SSAA maxed and didn't have a single drop, but now it's back to dropping.

sirtaff
28th Feb 2014, 10:23
Keep an eye out here, I will be updating this and thoroughly testing stuff as soon as I can (over this weekend I should think):

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1990071&postcount=4

rob444
28th Feb 2014, 10:48
Same issue!

Turning around causes massive stuttering, settings don't do jack -_-.