PDA

View Full Version : cutscens bug

crimzontearz
25th Feb 2014, 21:32
Anyone else experiencing loss of sound during cut scenes if playing with the music off?

Sxerks
25th Feb 2014, 22:24
Yes, I was just going to come here and make a thread about it too.

This is because they tied the Cinematic volume to the Music volume instead of having them separate or tied to something more relevant like the Voice volume. Turning on Subtitles for the time being is an option so you don't miss any dialog.

This happens in a lot of games (Assassins Creed for example) and is usually the result of either bad design/planning and/or the Quality Assurance team not being thorough.

So, please add a separate volume slider for the Cinematics or tie them to the Voice slider.

dsalvego
25th Feb 2014, 23:36
Same here...

Frame drop, audio and subtitle out of sync on cutscene.
Simply couldn't watch the first cutscene.
The audio is muffled and out of sync, even in the cart scene.

Any clues?

My specs:
- Intel i7 4770K 3.5ghz
- Windows 7 Professional 64b
- 16gb Kingston Hyper-X Red RAM 1600hz DDR3
- EVGA GTX 580 3gb DDR5
- SSD Corsair 240gb
- Every driver updated

Meesterjojo
26th Feb 2014, 02:25
This is even happening to the console people. Oh man. And ZERO support from EIDOS or SquareEnix. In fact, Square doesn't even claim this game as one they support.

Sxerks
26th Feb 2014, 03:48
@dsalvego
I think you are having a different problem then what we were stating.

The OP is about the Music volume controlling the entire Cinematic volume, which isn't a performance issue like you are having.

crimzontearz
26th Feb 2014, 14:11
You know

I UNDERSTAND that sometimes developers have issues differentiating diegetic music from non diegetic music but this is seriously wrong. Were the QA people sleeping???

jaywalker2309
26th Feb 2014, 14:45
This is even happening to the console people. Oh man. And ZERO support from EIDOS or SquareEnix. In fact, Square doesn't even claim this game as one they support.

The developers are on the forums reading posts etc.. the support page for some reason hasnt gone live which is being rectified as i type (the EU site is up and running mind)

crimzontearz
26th Feb 2014, 14:59
The developers are on the forums reading posts etc.. the support page for some reason hasnt gone live which is being rectified as i type (the EU site is up and running mind)

So....while you are here, what's the deal with devs and diegetic/non diegetic music nowadays?

jaywalker2309
26th Feb 2014, 15:33
So....while you are here, what's the deal with devs and diegetic/non diegetic music nowadays?
Speaking generally here...

A lot of things are reliant on whether its realtime or pre-rendered movies etc

If its volumes in a cinematic then its a single audio track anyway.

crimzontearz
26th Feb 2014, 15:39
Speaking generally here...

A lot of things are reliant on whether its realtime or pre-rendered movies etc

If its volumes in a cinematic then its a single audio track anyway.

No, I did not mean JUST cinematic but in general. I can point put a few games. The witcher 2, Mass Effect 2/3 (strangely not #1), Deus Ex HR...to name a few.

You remove the music volume but rather than removing JUST the non diegetic music in the game it removes all of it.

Pretty weird entering a club and seeing people dancing to silence....

bhivner
26th Feb 2014, 16:17
I've had some minor audio issues, but my cutscene bugs are different.

I'm playing the PS3 version and, if someone on my friends list signs on- or offline WHILE a cutscene is in progress, the entire picture blacks out; the audio and game continues as normal. You can remedy this by tapping the circle button (and perhaps other buttons too) once, but it's definitely an annoying bug.

jaywalker2309
26th Feb 2014, 16:29
No, I did not mean JUST cinematic but in general. I can point put a few games. The witcher 2, Mass Effect 2/3 (strangely not #1), Deus Ex HR...to name a few.

You remove the music volume but rather than removing JUST the non diegetic music in the game it removes all of it.

Pretty weird entering a club and seeing people dancing to silence....

yeh i know what u mean.. was just saying. :)

Erm why do i still have snow on my Eidos badge.. hmm..

crimzontearz
26th Feb 2014, 17:20
yeh i know what u mean.. was just saying. :)

Erm why do i still have snow on my Eidos badge.. hmm..

'cause it'still cold as ****?