PDA

View Full Version : Crashes when I click play

Mina Hart
25th Feb 2014, 16:24
So Thief crashes when I click play. No error message, it just vanishes. When I click options I get the windows dialog box saying Thief has stopped working, and it closes.

Let me start by saying that I am NOT a computer person, but here's what I know...

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core i7-2600 cpu
1024MB ram
DirextX 11

I found this:

THIEF (64-bit)
==============

Memory statistics:
Total RAM = 10.0 GB (10220 MB)
Avail RAM = 7.9 GB (8085 MB)
Total virtual memory = 8192.0 GB (8388607 MB)
Avail virtual memory = 8191.7 GB (8388331 MB)
OS = Windows 7 (build 7601)
[audio] TrueAudio unavailable
[audio] Convolution Reverb Option = SOFTWARE
[Validate Settings] The requested display mode was not available, finding the best alternative...
[Validate Settings] Attempting to find a display mode with a different refresh rate...
[Validate Settings] Attempting to find a display mode with a different resolution...

I did verify the game cache...

And when I get the menu up, and I click on 'technical support' - Thief isn't even on that page (nor does it find it when I search for it there....) (just pointing that out, someone might want to look into that or make it clearer for those of us who are technically challenged)

Any help would be oh so appreciated.

Mina

ughlyducklin
15th Apr 2014, 19:47
I am having the exact same problem on Xbox One... it goes to load screen on start up and than backs out to the Xbox one home screen once loading is done i can't even play the game ...

Poseidon
24th Apr 2014, 00:26
So Thief crashes when I click play. No error message, it just vanishes. When I click options I get the windows dialog box saying Thief has stopped working, and it closes.

Let me start by saying that I am NOT a computer person, but here's what I know...

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core i7-2600 cpu
1024MB ram
DirextX 11

I found this:

THIEF (64-bit)
==============

Memory statistics:
Total RAM = 10.0 GB (10220 MB)
Avail RAM = 7.9 GB (8085 MB)
Total virtual memory = 8192.0 GB (8388607 MB)
Avail virtual memory = 8191.7 GB (8388331 MB)
OS = Windows 7 (build 7601)
[audio] TrueAudio unavailable
[audio] Convolution Reverb Option = SOFTWARE
[Validate Settings] The requested display mode was not available, finding the best alternative...
[Validate Settings] Attempting to find a display mode with a different refresh rate...
[Validate Settings] Attempting to find a display mode with a different resolution...

I did verify the game cache...

And when I get the menu up, and I click on 'technical support' - Thief isn't even on that page (nor does it find it when I search for it there....) (just pointing that out, someone might want to look into that or make it clearer for those of us who are technically challenged)

Any help would be oh so appreciated.

Mina

Ok, I see a few problems here if what I read is correct. You have posted your system specs? I am going to assume this. First off, you list 1024MB RAM. I would hjave at least 8Gb RAM, however your list says 10Gb. I hope that is correct. Second, Windows 7 Build 7601 is the beta version of Windows 7. That can cause a ton of issues. Make sure your Windows 7 is certified. Third, what GFX card are you using? I do not think this game will run well, if at all unless you are using a newer GFX card. Just my 2 cents. Check into that stuff and correct anything you may have an issue with.