PDA

View Full Version : Another classic series dead

AdrianShephard
24th Feb 2014, 19:24
I don't know if you guys have seen the reviews for Thief (the reboot) but they're awful. I myself have seen some gameplay footage and I can definitely see where the reviewers are coming from. Seems like every classic franchise is screwing up the sequels. First Deus Ex (I know a lot of people love HR but comparing it to the original, it doesn't hold up), then Absolution, and now Thief. Here's hoping that IO will nail Hitman 6! (If not, I'm done with videogames until Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out).

mcescher1
24th Feb 2014, 21:56
i was thinking of buying thief... probably won't now

not wasting my money on another loser :/

Itsrob
24th Feb 2014, 22:15
Sorry to hear. And yeah, hopefully they get it right with Hitman 6. Absolution was a slap in the face to Hitman fans (in my opinion), but nothing they can't make up for with the next game.

HITMANfromHELL
25th Feb 2014, 08:02
I'll Gamefly Thief in a few months......

S3R6i0
25th Feb 2014, 19:59
I'm banking on Metal Gear Solid V. I had a feeling Thief was gonna bomb, but MGSV looks like it might actually prove worthy while we wait for Hitman 6. As long as they remove the 30 minute cutscenes.

mcescher1
25th Feb 2014, 22:26
metal gear solid looks good for sure, i agree i think that will be the game to go to

im already selling my copy of battlefield 4, beat the campaign and I don't really like the online multiplayer - plus they are out of control with all their dlc

haven't decided if im going to sell killzone yet.. my most played game is warframe - might just get cod for a first person shooter if i sell killzone

AdrianShephard
13th Jun 2014, 04:05
For all you fans of the original Deus Ex:

Alexander Brandon (composer of original Deus Ex) said he is interested in composing for DX 4 if Eidos Montreal gives him the chance! Show your support on the Deus Ex forums!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=2012733&posted=1#post2012733