PDA

View Full Version : Camera angle?

AdrianShephard
24th Feb 2014, 03:05
Did anybody else notice how up close the camera was to 47's back when he wasn't in a crowd? This gave me a claustrophobic feel to the game.

S3R6i0
24th Feb 2014, 03:14
I didn't feel that. The way the cam zooms in a little more when you draw your weapon actually helps with aiming because your target is a little bit closer.

This isn't something I've noticed with this particular game, though I have noticed it with others.

If they do pull the camera back, they need to make sure they raise it so where not looking at a bunch of unnecessary floor behind 47.

mcescher1
24th Feb 2014, 04:18
Did anybody else notice how up close the camera was to 47's back when he wasn't in a crowd? This gave me a claustrophobic feel to the game.

I agree, I DO NOT like the camera angle in Absolution

it seems that this angle has become a new trend - a bad one

it does make you feel claustrophobic and a little disabled!

I think i figured out why they use this view tho... its the 'cover system'

it makes the transition more seamless

not worth it!!!!

on a few other threads we have been discussing first person / third person/ the option to use both and so on

In my opinion they need to re-introduce the first person view - and also pull the camera back on 47 so you can see his entire build - or at least down to his ankles

i think it would be ok if only it zoomed in when you pulled up and aimed through a scope or the crosshairs

obviously, shooting from the hip shouldn't grant a 'zoom' in

gkkiller
24th Feb 2014, 11:26
I noticed it. The camera should be pretty far away from 47 - not Assassin's Creed combat mode far, but far enough that you don't need to crouch to see 47's feet. It should zoom in while in cover, to better represent the fact that 47 can't see too much of what's around the corner, and while crouching.

AdrianShephard
24th Feb 2014, 19:14
I noticed it. The camera should be pretty far away from 47 - not Assassin's Creed combat mode far, but far enough that you don't need to crouch to see 47's feet. It should zoom in while in cover, to better represent the fact that 47 can't see too much of what's around the corner, and while crouching.

It's a good thing that I'm not the only one that noticed.

I agree, I DO NOT like the camera angle in Absolution

it seems that this angle has become a new trend - a bad one

it does make you feel claustrophobic and a little disabled!

I think i figured out why they use this view tho... its the 'cover system'

it makes the transition more seamless

not worth it!!!!

on a few other threads we have been discussing first person / third person/ the option to use both and so on

In my opinion they need to re-introduce the first person view - and also pull the camera back on 47 so you can see his entire build - or at least down to his ankles

i think it would be ok if only it zoomed in when you pulled up and aimed through a scope or the crosshairs

obviously, shooting from the hip shouldn't grant a 'zoom' in

I feel like they should take the idea from Splinter Cell Chaos Theory/Double Agent about how to position the camera angle when in cover.

I've too have seen this trend of bringing the camera so close to the character's back. It especially noticeable in Resident Evil 6 vs RE 5.

Seeing 47 in his entirety is much better in my opinion and I hope someone from IO is reading this so they don't repeat their mistake.

Derangedxzombie
28th Feb 2014, 12:15
The shooting zoom was awful, should've kept it like blood money with the first person perspective too. And the camera whilst running like bloodmoney, not too close or too far

AdrianShephard
28th Feb 2014, 15:42
Blood money, Blood money, Blood money.

Keeping everything the same from Blood Money would be a big mistake. There could definitely be improvements to the formula...

S3R6i0
28th Feb 2014, 20:21
Yeah. I think people are still traumatized from Absolution that they want to keep it as conservative as possible. The main changes from Absolution that broke the game were the linear style and the shift from stealth and targets to evasion and rescue, and the flawed disguise and checkpoint system.

As long as they base H6 around the old formula and work from there everything should be fine.

AdrianShephard
1st Mar 2014, 00:43
Yeah. I think people are still traumatized from Absolution that they want to keep it as conservative as possible. The main changes from Absolution that broke the game were the linear style and the shift from stealth and targets to evasion and rescue, and the flawed disguise and checkpoint system.

As long as they base H6 around the old formula and work from there everything should be fine.

Exactly. At least IO has shown us it has the balls to experiment; I'll give them credit for that. The only problem is, they experimented with the core of the franchise.

mcescher1
1st Mar 2014, 06:17
you don't experiment by turning a 'gritty - original' game into a mainstream children's game

AdrianShephard
1st Mar 2014, 18:19
you don't experiment by turning a 'gritty - original' game into a mainstream children's game

That's still an experiment, albeit a bad one.

mcescher1
1st Mar 2014, 19:30
That's still an experiment, albeit a bad one.

smh

AdrianShephard
1st Mar 2014, 21:48
:D