PDA

View Full Version : Save system...

Darth_Stormrage
24th Feb 2014, 02:52
I'm a massive hitman fan but i just refused to buy the last one because of the ridiculous save system, where the game would be saved and then all the previous people you'd knocked out would magically be up and about again when reloaded.
It was ruined by this for one of my best friends too who regretted pre-ordering it.

Please please PLEEEEEEEAAAASE don't do this on the next one?

AdrianShephard
24th Feb 2014, 02:59
I'm a massive hitman fan but i just refused to buy the last one because of the ridiculous save system, where the game would be saved and then all the previous people you'd knocked out would magically be up and about again when reloaded.
It was ruined by this for one of my best friends too who regretted pre-ordering it.

Please please PLEEEEEEEAAAASE don't do this on the next one?

Yeah the save system of the old games needs to come back. The checkpoint system is awful!

gkkiller
24th Feb 2014, 11:28
I agree, manual save > checkpoint save.

Darth_Stormrage
24th Feb 2014, 16:59
I agree, manual save > checkpoint save.

The most important part is the checkpoint and/or save remembers who you've knocked out and what you've done rather than just what piece of ground you've stepped on.

The last game was ridiculous and game-breaking.

mcescher1
24th Feb 2014, 22:04
i think everyone is in agreement that the checkpoint system is trash

it's all about sandbox and manual saves

if they have an 'autosave' point - it wouldn't make sense, the game can't recognize when someone is at a point they want to save if it's truly sandbox and has any amount of freedom

it takes some strategy to 'plan' your saves - i'm usually pretty good with 1 or 2 saves per level... unless it's a particularly long level with high difficulty

most of the time i don't even need to save the game throughout the level, but if I don't have much time to play and i don't want to rush through the level i will save and come back to it - or if im having difficulty finishing a level (usually the first couple of tries) i will take it slow and save when i can to break the level down

Mike_B
25th Feb 2014, 09:15
I'd also prefer a save game system that allows you to continue playing after you've closed down the game.

agent047
27th Feb 2014, 16:10
The most important part is the checkpoint and/or save remembers who you've knocked out and what you've done rather than just what piece of ground you've stepped on.

The last game was ridiculous and game-breaking.

COMPLETLY AGREE