PDA

View Full Version : Disguises: More than just the clothes

Quajek
21st Feb 2014, 16:27
They say the clothes make the man, but it's more than just clothes that make a good disguise. In Hitman 6, I'd like to see 47 be able to do more to blend in. Specifically, by changing his walk animation depending on what outfit he's in.

If you're dressed as a doctor, or a scientist, 47 should hunch over a little

If you're dressed as a policeman, or military, or security, 47 should walk tall and confident, with precision.

As a civilian, maybe a bit more hurried. As a janitor, more slowly.

It doesn't have to be major. But when 47 is wearing a labcoat, I think it's odd that he would walk the same way he would when he's wearing a police uniform.

Thoughts?

mcescher1
21st Feb 2014, 17:18
they call 47 the chameleon... I would imagine he would induce subtle differences when in different disguises... hooowwwwever... he is always kind of playing the 'shy' blank

examples... when hes the cop... hes not playing the tough sergent, he's mostly playing the shy one, or the shy janitor, or the shy scientist

if he was puffing his chest out as a cop... im sure then some cops would say.."i haven't seen that cocky mother ****** before, who does he think he is?"

AdrianShephard
21st Feb 2014, 17:32
they call 47 the chameleon... I would imagine he would induce subtle differences when in different disguises... hooowwwwever... he is always kind of playing the 'shy' blank

examples... when hes the cop... hes not playing the tough sergent, he's mostly playing the shy one, or the shy janitor, or the shy scientist

if he was puffing his chest out as a cop... im sure then some cops would say.."i haven't seen that cocky mother ****** before, who does he think he is?"

This.

S3R6i0
21st Feb 2014, 21:27
I think it would make him look more professional, but it's not necessary. I like the way 47 moves with his usual walk and how pedestrians exaggeratedly look over their shoulder when he walks by. It creates a feeling of tension. You're trying to create a completely inconspicuous setting. Idk, it might work.

merlinm
23rd Feb 2014, 16:07
When I read the title of this thread I was really excited. I agree with all of you in that so much more can be done in the context of disguises (except for Instinct. I'm a proponent that it should be modified to allow sand-box exploration, or removed altogether)

I'm not so much concerned about the walking animations.

When you assume a new identity it's not just your physical membership to locations which change (e.g. certain people can enter certain areas)

But it should also mean that you've changed your other contextual memberships also. One of these might be "conversational membership".

In BM's Flatline you could assume the identity of a doctor. The disguise doesn't just enable you to move around more freely, but it also enables you to talk to the patients in a different way. Now all of a sudden you could get information from them (If you have a session with the blue-robed patient, you'll know straight away that he's not sick). There's also other examples throughout Hitman series. But I don't think this has been fully exploited.

I think it'd be cool if every single disguise could allow you to talk to its own members or certain other outfit members, to obtain, information, either critical to an assassination, or if not then for some kind of bonus, collectible or easter eggs. :)

AdrianShephard
23rd Feb 2014, 16:16
When I read the title of this thread I was really excited. I agree with all of you in that so much more can be done in the context of disguises (except for Instinct. I'm a proponent that it should be modified to allow sand-box exploration, or removed altogether)

When you assume a new identity it's not just your physical membership to locations which change (e.g. certain people can enter certain areas)

But it should also mean that you've changed your other contextual memberships also. One of these might be "conversational membership".

In BM's Flatline you could assume the identity of a doctor. The disguise doesn't just enable you to move around more freely, but it also enables you to talk to the patients in a different way. Now all of a sudden you could get information from them (If you have a session with the blue-robed patient, you'll know straight away that he's not sick). There's also other examples throughout Hitman series. But I don't think this has been fully exploited.

I think it'd be cool if every single disguise could allow you to talk to its own members or certain other outfit members, to obtain, information, either critical to an assassination, or if not then for some kind of bonus, collectible or easter eggs. :)

I didn't know about this. This is a GREAT idea!

mcescher1
24th Feb 2014, 02:56

i think your hitting some really good points here :o