PDA

View Full Version : Nano-augmentation

DanteofGriffball
13th Feb 2014, 23:59
Why does it seem like people who were cloned or had their DNA code rewritten are only people who can take nano-augmentation to their bodies? If something goes wrong and your body rejects the nano-machines, that's instant death. If there's a very high risk in the fact that you could die during nano-augmentation you'd have better chances getting mechanically augmented. Even if the mechanically augmentation procedure is painful, it's better than dying under the circumstances that your body was going to reject the enhancement, drugs, and nano-machines meant for Nano-augmentation. Unless they found some sure shot way in the future that made everyone compatible for the technology. But I do believe the powers of nano-augmentation is far greater than mechanical, but the risks are much more higher than that involved with being mechanically augmented. What are your opinions on this?

CodenameD
21st Feb 2014, 11:44
Failed nanotech experiments gave birth to "Gray Death" we see in Deus Ex. And therefore the only "genetically perfect" humans are the potential and only candidates for recieving nanotech. They are -

Walton Simons (More like a beta or an imperfect version, he wasn't the perfect human but the nanotechnology was modified to support him)

Paul Denton (World's first human naturally born who is perfectly compatible with nanotech. Contrary to popular belief, Adam Jensen has nothing to do with this as Paul was born around 2018s way before the Sarif Industries crisis, if we are to consider HR and the original Deus Ex as a part of the same canon.)

J.C. Denton (First successful clone of the world's first human who is perfectly compatible with nanotech.)

Bob Page (Was trying to achieve the next iteration of human augmentation by mergin with Helios. It failed.)

Alex Denton, Wade Walker, Nick Pausback (further cloning attempts on the Dentons. Except Alex, it is unknown what happened to them)

By Alex's time, augmentation version 2.0 AKA Biomod technology was born. Biomod sacrifies a more robust augmentation system for an accessible and increased compatibility with human beings. Klara Sparks, Billie Adams, Leo Janowsky and possiby the Omars are chosen candidates. Alex Denton's frameware is updated to support Biomod architecture as well.

Getting back to the topic, yes there were always risks. But someone or the other always kept funding an augmentation technology to drive human evolution forward. I personally think Mech augs have more risks such as loss of organic body parts and permenant disfiguirement of the body. And inorganic machines ALWAYS last less than organic body because it is not healing itself. Machines can only be replaced or it will be eventually degraded.

Nanoaugs have natural bodies and only have augmented "superhuman" abilities. Their bodies are a natural thing tweaked to achieve perfection or push beyond perfection. Therefore, I believe they are at a less risk of "breaking down". Mechs are more durable sure. But in the long run, Nanoaugs are the better and less riskier option.

CyberP
21st Feb 2014, 14:05
Walton Simons (More like a beta or an imperfect version, he wasn't the perfect human but the nanotechnology was modified to support him)

Bob Page (Was trying to achieve the next iteration of human augmentation by mergin with Helios. It failed.)

Both of these people are the reason JC even exists, because they wanted to have nano augs themselves (and for Page to merge with Helios like you said).
Through their work on Paul and JC they were able to figure out how to make themselves compatible with the nano-machines, or the machines compatible with themselves. You probably knew this but you didn't mention it and I thought I should expand.

Paul Denton (World's first human naturally born who is perfectly compatible with nanotech. Contrary to popular belief, Adam Jensen has nothing to do with this as Paul was born around 2018s way before the Sarif Industries crisis, if we are to consider HR and the original Deus Ex as a part of the same canon.)

Not canon. I cannot for there is too many conflcts. DX itself contradicts itself with minor details but HR contradicts DX in major ways.