PDA

View Full Version : Remove the bar code

S3R6i0
9th Feb 2014, 23:19
All this time playing Hitman and I never understood why 47 always had that bar code on the back of his head. For a guy who's supposedly a silent assassin you would think that bar code would be hindrance to his profession. As much attention to detail as the game pays I was surprised to see that included. 47 scraped it off in Absolution, so I think the pic on the forum might be old. Or they're doing a prequel.

AdrianShephard
10th Feb 2014, 03:18
All this time playing Hitman and I never understood why 47 always had that bar code on the back of his head. For a guy who's supposedly a silent assassin you would think that bar code would be hindrance to his profession. As much attention to detail as the game pays I was surprised to see that included. 47 scraped it off in Absolution, so I think the pic on the forum might be old. Or they're doing a prequel.

Uh WHAT??!??

Hitman is iconic for 3 things:

1) His bald head
2) His barcode
3) His suit

You take any of those away and it's not Hitman!

And are you kidding me? Have you never played Hitman 1??? Seriously, his barcode is a huge part of his backstory!

S3R6i0
10th Feb 2014, 04:16
Never played the first one, but now the bar code is kind of ridiculous.

semajmarc87
10th Feb 2014, 04:33

You are probably the only person who thinks this. Agent 47's barcode is iconic in the same way that Sam Fisher's trifocal goggles are. You have to suspend disbelief to a certain extent with videogames and movies.

S3R6i0
10th Feb 2014, 04:56
You are probably the only person who thinks this. Agent 47's barcode is iconic in the same way that Sam Fisher's trifocal goggles are. You have to suspend disbelief to a certain extent with videogames and movies.

He looks like an idiot walking around like that. I understand why an engineered assassin may have a bar code but I would expect something like that up his ass or another more discrete place. That fact that they're sending manufactured assassins off an assembly line with a bar code on their head, like, "look at me, I'm here to kill you!" It doesn't make any sense. As if people wouldn't be able to recognize him without it.

Itsrob
10th Feb 2014, 06:20
No. The barcode is iconic to 47. What's next, want him to grow hair?

S3R6i0
10th Feb 2014, 11:09
Right, hair and a serial number on the back of your neck are interchangeable. Good one.

mikom
10th Feb 2014, 16:05
He's the best hitman there is despite the barcode. He's so good he doesnt need to have it removed.

And furthermore, as a character, it's something that sets him apart from other characters in games. It's more to do with marketing than anything else.

And if you want to talk about stuff that may be a threat for him being recognised. How about the Agency insignia on most of the things he has. His tie pin. His buttons on his suit. His syringe containers. His suitcase. These are things he could accidently leave behind which would help police with their investigation.

The whole deal with the barcode though, is that he's so good at his job that even if people see him, they dont connect him with the murder that has happened.

Have you read the '47 as a character' thread?

SonOfSparda
10th Feb 2014, 22:52
Right, hair and a serial number on the back of your neck are interchangeable. Good one.
Go play tetris, rather than suggesting this piece of crap.

It's iconic mark and nobody wants it changed. End of story.

HITMANfromHELL
10th Feb 2014, 23:37
Go play tetris, rather than suggesting this piece of crap.

It's iconic mark and nobody wants it changed. End of story.

You sir win. :thumb::thumb::thumb: