PDA

View Full Version : Clearer graphics, less bloom effects

Itsrob
9th Feb 2014, 03:16
One of the things that annoyed me about Absolutions graphics was the fact that it seemed like nearly every level in the game had this annoying bloom effect, or color filters. Anything that illuminates light has a blur added to it, and in missions like hope the color is unrealistic and the picture seems grainy. I really hope you guys scrap that idea and go back to the clearer, more realistic look the graphics of the older games had.

mcescher1
9th Feb 2014, 04:01
i agree... its like they were trying to replicate batman's graphics or something - things seemed glossy

be HITMAN... not batman assassin .. please god

S3R6i0
9th Feb 2014, 04:21
I have to disagree. I liked the visual style of Absolution, especially the emphasis on gamma (when whites are brighter without affecting the darkness). I'm not sure what you mean by blooming. The only improvements I think were needed, in terms of graphics, are under the hood. Better resolution and crisper graphics and 60 fps. If you were talking about that bit of fogginess that the game had, then yes, I didn't like that either. Next game should look crystal clear.

DeadlyShadow47
9th Feb 2014, 08:57
I agree - no more Grindhouse style effect graphics, no more overdone bloom - it killed the realistic aproach to the game for me. I loved the past 4 games because they kad clean vision and sharp graphics. Absolution was full of over the top bloom effects that pissed me off every time I saw 47's head shining so hard I couldn't look at it.

Get back to sharp and clean style of the past games.

mikom
9th Feb 2014, 11:52
definitely get back to the crisper, clearer graphic.

Golden Method
14th Feb 2014, 02:01
I have to disagree. I liked the visual style of Absolution, especially the emphasis on gamma (when whites are brighter without affecting the darkness). I'm not sure what you mean by blooming. The only improvements I think were needed, in terms of graphics, are under the hood. Better resolution and crisper graphics and 60 fps. If you were talking about that bit of fogginess that the game had, then yes, I didn't like that either. Next game should look crystal clear.

+1

AGENT 58
14th Feb 2014, 08:38
I agree.Also lighting effects can be really annoying and are unrealistic

merlinm
26th Feb 2014, 01:10
I felt the graphics weren't that bad actually. Sometimes it looks a bit over the top, but overall I think the key in past hitman games was the more dramatic & simple lighting.

I don't know what the bloom effect is but I do remember Contracts and Blood Money having certain missions with a foggy kind of look, which I absolutely loved by the way. It gave the whole mission a warmer look. Contracts was full of those, blood money only had "You better watch out" I think.

AdrianShephard
26th Feb 2014, 01:20
For clarification to those that don't know, bloom is the effect that produces glare when light is reflected off of objects. It is also the light effect that makes light "split". If any of you have played Crysis, then you've seen this before (Crytek loves bloom and light splitting, especially in rainy levels). It was over-the-top in Absolution because if 47 wore a white shirt, the light would reflect off of it into the camera.

Here is a quick youtube video showing you bloom in Crysis 2 (the beginning was modded but he turns on the "normal" setting later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvQCHmNc_zE

Hopefully this clarifies things.

mcescher1
26th Feb 2014, 03:08
.25 seems about right :D