PDA

View Full Version : Disabled game Play

guyonet
7th Feb 2014, 12:04
I am upset at the fact that Tomb Raider Definitive edition is particularly difficult to play the game through with lots of fast control movements, I think that we should be informed on the box before we bye that to play the game there are a number of fast movements on the controls to play though the full game. I have managed just playing over many days to get past some points but its impossible for me to get past combat dodge in Save Sam part. Can the game writers make some allowances for the disabled. I love Tomb Raider and I have every single game, some of those I cant play but this game I so wanted to finish on my own. :(

BridgetFisher
7th Feb 2014, 15:18
I am upset at the fact that Tomb Raider Definitive edition is particularly difficult to play the game through with lots of fast control movements, I think that we should be informed on the box before we bye that to play the game there are a number of fast movements on the controls to play though the full game. I have managed just playing over many days to get past some points but its impossible for me to get past combat dodge in Save Sam part. Can the game writers make some allowances for the disabled. I love Tomb Raider and I have every single game, some of those I cant play but this game I so wanted to finish on my own. :(

Hmm Im not sure what you mean really. Do you mean the QTE events where buttons appear on the screen to press in a limited timeframe? I think games should have options to disable those so players can enjoy the game their way, some people like me enjoy the QTE but others don't. This way everyone is happy :D

Metalrocks
7th Feb 2014, 16:02
Hmm Im not sure what you mean really. Do you mean the QTE events where buttons appear on the screen to press in a limited timeframe? I think games should have options to disable those so players can enjoy the game their way, some people like me enjoy the QTE but others don't. This way everyone is happy :D

that would be really a nice thing to do. or as in RE6, play it on easier difficulty and you dont have to worry about QTEs anymore.
generally having none would be better. :D
yes, i know, personal preferences.

@guyonet
to me it also sounds like you mean QTEs.

guyonet
7th Feb 2014, 16:57
Thanks for that but how do you turn off QTEs? I didn't know they are called that

a_big_house
7th Feb 2014, 17:50
Thanks for that but how do you turn off QTEs? I didn't know they are called that

You can't, sadly :hmm:

But I agree, there should be more in-depth warnings about gameplay, on the back of the case of course :)

BridgetFisher
7th Feb 2014, 20:10
You can't, sadly :hmm:

But I agree, there should be more in-depth warnings about gameplay, on the back of the case of course :)

Thats too bad, that is something maybe the dev team can consider for the next game. On an easier difficulty if QTE's are disabled but allow the same fun gameplay then it allows more people to enjoy the game.

guyonet
7th Feb 2014, 23:48
Thanks' everyone for the feedback :) It's nice to know that there are still some guys and girls who are being so considerate to the disabled, Like you all we still enjoy games and like especially to be able to finish them, easy for you but so much harder for us, so any one else here that my post would help ? as in my opinion all games this way are (disabled discrimination) but games like Killzone Shadow Fall was great and I was able to finish it all, so not all games for me are impossible. Again its just games that use this difficult approach. Thanks again

Metalrocks
8th Feb 2014, 06:37
no probs. and yes, many hate QTEs. im one of them. we have a wish for that as well in the wishlist but unfortunately we are losing. :(

but many have complained about them, especially with the wolf fight. even i failed it several times. so possibly that CD might do something about it or really decide to leave these stupid QTEs out and that we can finally enjoy the cutscenes as they are without staring at a certain point on the screen to make sure we press the right button at the right time. :rolleyes: