PDA

View Full Version : FREE ROAM

BL47E
28th Jan 2014, 10:22
how about GTA style gameplay... that should include chase, clients, possible cars... and all of the things from previous games... such as planning... ect...

NIB
28th Jan 2014, 11:14
No.

Dstyles75
28th Jan 2014, 18:39
The next Hitman shouldn't mimic any other style game play. No GTA style, no Splinter Cell style, no Metal Gear style. It should be pre-Absolution Hitman style and that's it.

29th Jan 2014, 07:32
Hitman shouldn't try to copy GTA's style, but adding drivable vehicles to the game would not make it GTA. In the past there have been levels enough for 47 to ride in the back of moving trucks to get around fast. There have been small chunks of cities in pasted hitman games. It would be cool to use cars as disguises such as police, mail man, trash trucks for cover. Fallowing people on foot and in cars tracking them through the city, spying out, investigating and drawing out your target. Sniping from skyscrapers and stuff.

Actually a hitman game with a really large map with 'freeroam' could work and would still be hitman. But it probably won't ever happen.

BL47E
29th Jan 2014, 08:54
Hitman shouldn't try to copy GTA's style, but adding drivable vehicles to the game would not make it GTA. In the past there have been levels enough for 47 to ride in the back of moving trucks to get around fast. There have been small chunks of cities in pasted hitman games. It would be cool to use cars as disguises such as police, mail man, trash trucks for cover. Fallowing people on foot and in cars tracking them through the city, spying out, investigating and drawing out your target. Sniping from skyscrapers and stuff.

Actually a hitman game with a really large map with 'freeroam' could work and would still be hitman. But it probably won't ever happen.

ye man, like, in the old games we see hitman startin a level off, how did he get there? by car... in the "Enemy Within" book he was driving a 4x4 even riding a bike ffs!!! i believe he should be able to make death look like an accident by, say, pushing a car off a bridge ir something like that.

basically i expect all new out of IOI. And new abilities from 47 such as tree climbing to take targets out in the forest, why not???

BL47E
29th Jan 2014, 08:57
i believe they should have different locations "safe houses" around the world, and with a straight forward way to travel to them, like getting to the airport or simply teleport it there. i dunno.

PersonalTrainerUK
29th Jan 2014, 17:26
The next Hitman shouldn't mimic any other style game play. No GTA style, no Splinter Cell style, no Metal Gear style. It should be pre-Absolution Hitman style and that's it.

^^^What he said! :cool:

There is nothing out there like a Hitman game. Hitman is (or should i say was) such a unuiqe franchise, untill Hitman Absolution came a long trying to be Splintercell Conviction 2, anyway. I was so so disappointed with Hitman Absolution because of this. I couldn't get who thought it would be a good idea to turn such a unique franchise into a Splintercell Conviction clone. Conviction wasn't even a great game, or the best Splintercell game, so why add another so similar to the market?

So, no, don't make Hitman like anything else BUT Hitman (pre Absolution days)

PersonalTrainerUK
29th Jan 2014, 17:30
basically i expect all new out of IOI. And new abilities from 47 such as tree climbing to take targets out in the forest, why not???

Rambo First Blood is on its way very soon. It's inevitable that will feature the ability to take people out from trees in a forest.

Derangedxzombie
31st Jan 2014, 17:13
A base of operation that acts as the main menu and then a large call city would be incredible (notoriety would probably have an important place as you could kill innocents) it would be great but very ambitious and probably mean a lack of variation or different locations) unless they made several semi large areas. I'd still be just as content with a return to blood money bearing in mind they could do dlc levels later to increase size of the game or replay value

nirvana1
9th Feb 2014, 13:05
free roam is good but not like gta, I mean gta style is not good for hitman but some free roam could be grate for hitman

merlinm
23rd Feb 2014, 16:20

^^^What he said! :cool:

There is nothing out there like a Hitman game. Hitman is (or should i say was) such a unuiqe franchise, untill Hitman Absolution came a long trying to be Splintercell Conviction 2, anyway. I was so so disappointed with Hitman Absolution because of this. I couldn't get who thought it would be a good idea to turn such a unique franchise into a Splintercell Conviction clone. Conviction wasn't even a great game, or the best Splintercell game, so why add another so similar to the market?

So, no, don't make Hitman like anything else BUT Hitman (pre Absolution days)

Hi there, I both agree AND don't agree with the messages I quoted here. (strange right?)

I strongly agree that Hitman should not "purely replicate" other games features. The reason has been stated many times: Hitman occupies a unique place in the market. We should not dilute it! (please don't dilute it :worship:)
E.g. I saw a lot of required infiltration missions in Absolution. If I'd want that, I'd buy an AC game or Metal Gear. Absolution was a somewhat "diluted" Hitman experience.

But on the other hand, I think my statement above should mean to suggest to completely block all new ideas. Driving vehicles is not a bad idea, for as long as it serves to creating interesting assassination possibilities. When you crash a helicopter, it can be seen as an accident. Some others commented interesting ideas here as well.

So, I'd say to IO interactive: please do research into other ideas that other games have used, BUT do it from the perspective of Hitman's unique market position! In other words, I believe Hitman 6 can be as fun as old-Hitman games, but with new popular gameplay mechanics added for as long as some rules are respected.

AdrianShephard
23rd Feb 2014, 16:25
Hi there, I both agree AND don't agree with the messages I quoted here. (strange right?)

I strongly agree that Hitman should not "purely replicate" other games features. The reason has been stated many times: Hitman occupies a unique place in the market. We should not dilute it! (please don't dilute it :worship:)
E.g. I saw a lot of required infiltration missions in Absolution. If I'd want that, I'd buy an AC game or Metal Gear. Absolution was a somewhat "diluted" Hitman experience.

But on the other hand, I think my statement above should mean to suggest to completely block all new ideas. Driving vehicles is not a bad idea, for as long as it serves to creating interesting assassination possibilities. When you crash a helicopter, it can be seen as an accident. Some others commented interesting ideas here as well.

So, I'd say to IO interactive: please do research into other ideas that other games have used, BUT do it from the perspective of Hitman's unique market position! In other words, I believe Hitman 6 can be as fun as old-Hitman games, but with new popular gameplay mechanics added for as long as some rules are respected.

I am afraid that IO doesn't have the experience with driving mechanics so if there was driving in Hitman 6, it would be crap.

merlinm
23rd Feb 2014, 21:51
I am afraid that IO doesn't have the experience with driving mechanics so if there was driving in Hitman 6, it would be crap.

You may be right. But I guess they could headhunt some guys from other studios who do know how these new features work. It's probably not easy though... and very expensive I can imagine

AdrianShephard
23rd Feb 2014, 21:53
You may be right. But I guess they could headhunt some guys from other studios who do know how these new features work. It's probably not easy though... and very expensive I can imagine

I'm betting that Jesper Kyd costs a lot of money now! :D

S3R6i0
23rd Feb 2014, 22:07
I think IO and Rockstar should do a crossover. Agent 47 in Liberty City.

hybridex
18th Apr 2014, 16:20
How about 47 in the renaissance.. i.e. Constantinople, Italy or somewhere in the European?

S3R6i0
18th Apr 2014, 17:04
How about 47 in the renaissance.. i.e. Constantinople, Italy or somewhere in the European?

It's called Assassins Creed.

kennj4
23rd Apr 2014, 11:19

**claps**. EXACTLY. No more spending half the game running from the cops. Or sneaking around picking up fuses.
And GTA sucks IMO.

S3R6i0
1st May 2014, 20:56
You people fail to see the advantage of an open world Hitman game. I, in no way, want the next Hitman to be open world, or even the next 2 after that, but an open world Hitman could open a lot of possibilities, as long as they don't add stupid **** like hidden packages scattered throughout the city or mindless side missions.

For example, take Curtains Down from Blood Money. The scene the opera was rehearsing involved a prop WWII pistol where they were role playing an execution. What if, instead of the agency planting a real WWII pistol at the scene, 47 could buy or steal one from a local military surplus store.

Also, 47 could buy construction uniforms and such and use them to access buildings. Or he could hijack a taxi to evade the crime scene. All weapons and customizations could be interacted with through the city. And there could be an airport where 47 could bring all his tools with and travel to perform a hit.

As long as they keep the game focused and they steer away from a GTA-style formula, I think a game like that could be promising.

TheLumberjacks
31st May 2014, 10:52
This is what makes Hitman unique. Plus it would just get broing and the layout would be the same. I think what they have is great. GTA style would just spoil it to be honest.

kewlak
31st May 2014, 10:58
how about GTA style gameplay... that should include chase, clients, possible cars... and all of the things from previous games... such as planning... ect...

LOL! Are you serious?? It would be crap, man!

HITMANfromHELL
2nd Jun 2014, 14:12
GTA style gameplay? UH NO.:scratch:

SancLunatic
3rd Jun 2014, 00:15
The things is you won't be able to experience different locations and cultures in one large map. Think - New Orleans French Quarter, Streets of Hope, the cornfield, that neighborhood in A New Life, Vittorio's Church, The vegas hotel, the last level of Contracts, Streets of St Petersburg, and the Saudi Arabian bazaar

Those are my favorite settings. But you see free roam just would not work with that variety of settings. You arent going to stuff unique settings like those into one map. The best parts of Hitman are travelling the world in different sorts of locations and each level being a world of its own.

I think that the maps just needs to be more vast, complex, detailed. But should all be a world of its own.

S3R6i0
4th Jun 2014, 07:54
The things is you won't be able to experience different locations and cultures in one large map. Think - New Orleans French Quarter, Streets of Hope, the cornfield, that neighborhood in A New Life, Vittorio's Church, The vegas hotel, the last level of Contracts, Streets of St Petersburg, and the Saudi Arabian bazaar

Those are my favorite settings. But you see free roam just would not work with that variety of settings. You arent going to stuff unique settings like those into one map. The best parts of Hitman are travelling the world in different sorts of locations and each level being a world of its own.

I think that the maps just needs to be more vast, complex, detailed. But should all be a world of its own.

If the city had an airport it would be possible. Like in GTA San Andreas, the mission where you had to fly back to Liberty City. The airport could be utilized to place 47 in exotic locations. That would never happen, tho.