PDA

View Full Version : Does "Checkpoint free" mean no game saves, as well?

S3R6i0
21st Jan 2014, 01:50
Everyone is so excited about this "Checkpoint Free" business. I have just one question: Are game saves coming back????

Game Saves were vital to the old Hitman games because all it took was one mistake and you would have to start over. They better bring them back.

radioteque
21st Jan 2014, 02:16
They'll definitely bring back saves, unless you play on professional ;)

SonOfSparda
21st Jan 2014, 12:05
Unless they put in missions like snowy Japan from H2 I dont really need them :D. God how I hate when I hear "yame, yameee" and then Guard is checking your id.

MrAtmea
21st Jan 2014, 13:02
The old save system should come back. It was a great way to test new ways to do things.

For example, I want to take down a certain guard, but am not sure what is the best place to do it. First try doesn't work, good thing I saved it!, lets try another place/time/way.

You can't do that with checkpoints, because you are brought back to a point you don't want to be. Being forced to do the same routine over and over just to get back at that guard gets old fast.

S3R6i0
21st Jan 2014, 18:32
The old save system should come back. It was a great way to test new ways to do things.

For example, I want to take down a certain guard, but am not sure what is the best place to do it. First try doesn't work, good thing I saved it!, lets try another place/time/way.

You can't do that with checkpoints, because you are brought back to a point you don't want to be. Being forced to do the same routine over and over just to get back at that guard gets old fast.

Exactly. With game saves you have the option of not using them and trying to get a hole in one or you can save the game and be more creative. Once you're deep into a mission it's a lot harder to take risks if you have to start all over again.