PDA

View Full Version : PC features that must be added to the PC version of Tomb Raider 10

Ballowers100
17th Jan 2014, 03:08
Windows Support

-Windows XP
-Windows Vista
-Windows 7
-Windows 8
-Windows 8.1
-Windows 9

Apparently Windows 9 will be released in 2015. So that is why I added Windows 9 to my list.

http://news.yahoo.com/windows-8-2-rumors-start-195311859.html
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/th...hip-april-2015
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/20/windows-9-release-date-set-for-april-2015/

DirectX Support

-DirectX 9
-DirectX 10
-DirectX 11 (To it's full potential)
-DirectX 11.1
-DirectX 11.2

Here are the DirectX 11 features that need to be added to it's full potential MSAA Hair, Subsurface Scattering, [Enhanced Bloom (I don't like bloom, blurriness, or bokeh depth of field)], Apex Clothing, High Quality Shadows, [Bokeh Depth of Field (again which I don't like)], Shadowed Point Light Reflections, Tessellation & Displacement, Deferred Rendering with MSAA Support, Image Based Reflections, Color Grading, Cascaded Shadow Mapping, Light Shafts, Seamless Lighting Transitions, 3D dynamically rendered in real time Foliage, [Soft-Edge Motion Blur (another thing that I don't like)], Exponential Height Fog (Volumetric dynamically rendered weather in real time rendered clouds, fog and mist).

Do not leave out Windows XP and DirectX 9 like Activision and Treyarch did to the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II they said they left Windows XP and DirectX 9 out because they are using DirectX 11 this is the beauty of PC it can support all Windows and DirectX versions.

Red Faction: Armageddon and Saints Row: The Third both ask you in the launcher menu which DirectX version you want to run on DirectX 10 & DirectX 11 and underneath in parentheses it says (Recommended) and underneath that it says DirectX 9. Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light also supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 as well ass DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11.

Steam survey shows more people are using Windows Vista and Windows 7 than Windows XP but still keep and support Windows XP Steam survey also shows more people are using DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 graphic cards than DirectX 9 graphic cards but still keep and support DirectX 9 again this is the beauty of PC it can support all Windows and DirectX versions.

Now lets talk about Digital Rights Management (DRM) I want to see a physical boxed version of the PC version of Tomb Raider 10 for sale at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide without any type of Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection client software I don't want to see CD Keys, email based accounts, SONY's SecuROM, Steam, Steam Works, TAGES or any type of Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection client software I want it 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a pain in the a** for loyal paying customers let the Steam version of Tomb Raider 10 be on Steam only not on the physical boxed version of the PC version of Tomb Raider 10 sold at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide. Steam is my favorite but I don't like it on the physical boxed versions of the PC version of video games.

If SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive can offer the physical boxed copy Digital Rights Management (DRM) free and a version on Steam for Steam only I will gladly buy them both if not I ill just buy it digitally on Steam instead of the boxed physical copy which will make me sad because I love buying boxed physical copies because I love have a collection of boxed copies on my shelf and Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

I am sick and tired of SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive selling the PC version of their video games digitally on Steam only or selling the physical boxed PC version of their video games sold at brick and mortar retailer stores requiring Steam.

Digital Rights Management (DRM) free is taking off with kickstarter.com. I have been following kickstarter.com since late 2011.

All those video game developers and video game development companies are releasing the PC versions of their video games when they are done developing it 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free for sale or to give you in your mail a physical boxed version of the PC version of video games that you backed.

They will still sell those PC versions of video games on Steam but they will also sell those PC versions of video games on gog.com as well as physical boxed versions of the PC versions of those video games if they want to like inXile Entertainment is doing with Wasteland 2. inXile Entertainment got a contract with Deep Silver to distribute the physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide for sale.

Deep Silver has no say and cannot put any Digital Rights Management (DRM) including Steam, Steam Works on the physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 when it goes for sale to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

Also like I said above you I have been following kickstarter.com since late 2011 and from late 2011 to this day today I counted about 400 successfully kickstarted video games that are released now and is still getting released in 2014, 2015, 2016 and so on 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

I have even seen a lot of people who left AAA video game publishing companies and AAA video game development companies like BioWare, Capcom, and Epic Games to develop their own video games on kickstarter.com and to sell it 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

Mighty No. 9 comes to mind it is from the Mega Man creator I think he left Capcom last year don't really know cause I don't follow him but Might No. 9 will be on gog.com.

The Banner Saga is developed by like 2 ex BioWare employees who will be selling The Banner Saga on gog.com as well.

Grim Dawn is developed by the video game developers of Titan Quest and will also be released on gog.com.

gog.com gets 2 million people a month purchasing video games. While Steam has about 7 million people online a day. 2 million people a month for a place that sells old video games, indie video games, and a few new video games is pretty good.

If Steam keeps getting so many PC versions of video games Steam versions released on Steam exclusively that can become a monopoly and monopolies are bad.

Yes Steam made PC gaming bigger than ever before but Steam getting bigger and bigger is very bad.

This will make life for lots of PC gamers very bad you obviously forget about 3rd world countries or people who have internet connections but have very poor internet connections and then there is bandwidth caps. I have Comcast I pay $140 dollars (USD) a month for Comcast and sometimes Comcast puts a download cap of 300GB's for that month depending on what goes on and if I go just 1GB over that download for that month I get charged anywhere from $1 dollar (USD) to $10 dollars (USD). Some months I download over 500GB's of stuff. Like mods, etc. So yeah I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars (USD) for going over hundreds of GB's of downloads because Comcast decided to charge people for that month for whatever reason.

So this is why 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games is a necessity.

The Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection client software has been coming since like 2000 but talk to me in 5 years when you see I am right that gog.com will be competitive with Steam. As it stands right now gog.com is the second biggest digital distributor on the internet with Steam being the first. Since gog.com is the second biggest digital distributor retailer Tomb Raider 10 needs to be sold on gog.com.

Here is a list of things I don't want in Tomb Raider 10.

-No regenerative health.

-No multiplayer.

-No Quick Time Events (QTE's)

Here's a list of things I want to be able to do in Tomb Raider 10.

-Ability to craft like in Tomb Raider (2013) but have more animations and see your self craft stuff in real time.

-Ability to duel wield guns (Like in the old Tomb Raider video games), daggers, and knives.

-Ability to use other NPC's as shields.

-Ability to swim.

Here is a list of some things that need to be in the options menu for the PC version of Tomb Raider 10.

-Console Command (~) tilde disable, enable option.

I want to type in the console command (~) tilde godmode, god mode, infinitehealth, infinite health, unlimitedhealth, or unlimited health so I can never die.

I want to type in the console command (~) tilde infiniteammo, infinite ammo, unlimitedammo, or unlimited ammo so I can never run out of ammo.

I want to type in the console command (~) tilde giveammo 1-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx fire arrows, water arrows, or any type of ammo or give ammo 1-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx bullets, grenades, rockets or any type of ammo so it gives me the amount of ammo I want.

-Improved Alt Tab (For people who need to alt tab for specific reasons focus on it's performance as well so you can alt tab in and out quickly without freezing like some other video games do).

-Windowed Mode (For people who like playing in windowed mode).

- Give us the ability to save whenever we want even during campaigns, missions, quests like in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Dues Ex: Human Revolution.

- Give us the ability to name our save games for the PC version of Tomb Raider 10.

- Give us a picture based inventory system that shows all your items as a picture in your inventory like in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Use Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine Source (Software) Development Kit (SDK) it's free and it will save you lots of money from licensing fees Havok's physics engine is terrible.

Here's a link that tells you it's free http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

It says in the first paragraph in the very last sentence that it's free.

The PhysX engine and SDK are available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, PlayStation 3,[3][4] Xbox 360[5] and the Wii.[6] The PhysX SDK is provided to developers of all platforms for free, both for commercial and non-commercial use.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX#cite_note-6

It works on all platforms Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.

PhysX has the best Physics Engine it can do the following APEX Destruction, APEX Clothing, APEX Particles, APEX Vegetation, and APEX Turbulence ( I don't know what APEX Turbulance is maybe something to do with smoke and wind).

All of Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine properties are done Dynamically in Real Time in the Video Game Engine in 3D no more 2D done with shaders and trickery.

Hitman: Bloodmoney, Unreal Tournament 3 (III), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Mafia II, Batman: Arkham CIty, Borderlands 2, Hitman: Absolution, ArmA III, BioShock Infinite, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Thief, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Star Citizen, Cyberpunk 2077, and Tom Clancy's The Division uses Nvidia's PhysX physics engine.

Now here's a list of how many graphics options should be added in the options menu and how they should be added.

-Field of View (FoV) slider bar xx-xxx.

1. Give us the ability to choose these options Tessellation & Displacement in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

2. Give us Shadows in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

3. Give us Sun Shafts/Godrays/Light Shafts what ever you want it to be called in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

4. Give us Shadowed Point Light Reflections in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

5. Give us Deferred Rendering with MSAA Support in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

6. Give us Image Based Reflections in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

7. Give us Color Grading in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

8. Give us Cascaded Shadow Mapping in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

9. Give us Seamless Lighting Transitions in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

10. Give us Foliage in the options menu in the graphics options menu Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

11. Give us [Enhanced Bloom (I don't like bloom, blurriness, or bokeh depth of field)] in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

12. Give us [Bokeh Depth of Field (again which I don't like)] in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

13. Give us [Soft-Edge Motion Blur (another thing that I don't like)] in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

14. Give us MSAA Hair in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

15. Give us Subsurface Scattering in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

16. Give us Exponential Height Fog in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

17. Give us Dynamic Lighting, Particles, Foliage, Weather, Snow, Rain, Water in the video game engine to give us those capabilities.

18. Give us real time Global Illumination lighting.

19. Give us real time Complex Specular.

Now finally the most important feature that needs to be added.

Release mod tools Software Development Kit (SDK) with everything like level/map editor so modders can create meshes, skins, textures, total conversion mods, custom maps/levels.

I want to see Nexus website owner Dark0ne open up a Hitman 6 Nexus website so modders can post their mods on there and see competition mod tools also create jobs.

Mod tools are needed all of the video games on PC need to have mod tools.

I would love for the PC version of Tomb Raider 10 to have mod tools and be 64 bit only so I can make my own custom graphical mods like ENB type mods.

I learned C, C++, Visual Basics, and Java Script I know how to code you know source code I program my own stuff I use Unreal Engine 3, CryEngine 3, and CryEngine every week.

I also use DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 every week as well.

I love making mods.

I download open source mods or projects so I can program my own stuff.

The Doom and Wolfenstein video games for example developed by id Software id Software releases the source code for those video games and I do stuff with them.

Here's another open source project I am heavily interested in.

https://openmw.org/en/

Bethesda Softworks gave the green light to these people to make it. When OpenMW version 1.0 gets released I will be dedicating my time to making some really cool mods for it. I am planning to code in gameplay mechanics so you can drive vehicles and fly aircraft I always wanted to do stuff like that in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind but The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind's video game engine the NettleMerse Engine has a lot of limitations and lots of messy work a rounds to make mods with all kinds of stuff you want. That's why I am happy for OpenMW. I can finally and new gameplay mechanics with OpenMW.

I have been playing PC versions of video games on PC since 1998 when Unreal released I made mods for it started learning how to make mods in 1999 when Unreal Tournament released and I started knowing how to make maps by then.

When the PC version of The Elder Scrolls released in 2002 I played around a lot with the Construction Set to make mods I started making lots of easy mods then I got into programming and scripting every now and then then I went to college in 2010 for 3 years to learn computer science.

SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive please give the PC versions of your upcoming and future video games all this Tender Loving Care (TLC) PC gamers will appreciate you very much for this and a bunch of us will buy your video games 2-4 times maybe a few times more than that

If adding all these features takes time away from the development cycle and causes delays then add them after the video game is released add it in Patches, Updates or after you finish the DLC's (I would prefer the DLC's to be free for the PC version of Tomb Raider 10 and included in the patches or updates unless it's a expansion pack. A expansion pack is bigger than the main video game itself or about the same size as the main video game itself).

Here's 2 videos showing how the latest graphics look for PC they look even better now than in these 2 YouTube videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzjsTt_DzCw

Farm 51 is using some type of 3D scanner to render the graphics in Get Even and Farm 51 says that the graphics will look photo realistic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ets-dark-souls

CD Projekt RED is also targeting Computer Graphics (CGI) for Cyberpunk 2077.

Here's the link.

http://www.gamechup.com/cyberpunk-20...aser-graphics/

Cyberpunk 2077's graphics will look exactly like the CGI trailer and I believe CD Projekt RED will achieve those graphics since REDengine 3, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be 64 bit only 32 bit is gone which makes me happy.

Metalrocks
17th Jan 2014, 06:28
wow. you sure wrote a lot. dint read everything now since i dont have much time at the moment but i have to tell you that XP is pretty much dead because from june or july on, XP will not be supported anymore. so its pretty obvious that many companies will leave it out. i personally use win 7 and happy with it. it works and i dont need win 8 as long things are working just fine on 7.

DRM will not likely go away. steam is self is DRM and so far no hassle. yes, it can get frustrating if the connection is gone and some features are useless because of that but valve tries to keep things as smooth as possible and fixes things asap.
yes, TR needs steam, which i personally dont have a problem with either since its not required of me to insert the dvd to play the game and having all my games neatly displayed then having them all on the desktop or even looking up for the folder just to play the game.

i am also sure that every company tries to get fullest out of the engine to make the games look more beautifuler then before. y that time, tress fx will be improved and will look realer then before.

Mike_B
17th Jan 2014, 17:09
As said above, Microsoft will stop supporting XP in a couple of months so I don't see why resources should be spent on it anymore. XP was good it had it run, it was supported by MS for 12(!) years but now it's time to let it go. Windows 7 is a great OS and will be supported (for now) until 2020 so there's many years to spread the cost of the OS.

Also I don't think it's unlikely that the next TR would need 4 GiB of RAM or more so that would be an issue with winXP. + the support of SSD isn't that all etc.

Psychomorph
17th Jan 2014, 23:17
I need a wider field of view to enjoy a (PC) game.

Metalrocks
18th Jan 2014, 02:56
I need a wider field of view to enjoy a (PC) game.

yeah. always to make sure you have the best hard ware in your rig and the latest drivers and programs.

Elliot Kane
18th Jan 2014, 03:06
Totally agree on the DRM; can't agree on support for XP or Vista.

I loved XP in its day, don't get me wrong. One of the best iterations of Windows ever. But it can't handle 64 bit architecture or more than 4GB RAM (IIRC) and with the new consoles actually being fairly decent PCs, it's inevitable that the next TR game will require a pretty good modern system.

Vista was never any good, which is why most people skipped straight over it to Win 7, I think.

With Win 9 out, I suspect minimum support will be for Win 7 and DX 10. I think it would be unreasonable to expect lower specs than that to be supported.

(On the bright side, you definitely won't have to worry about G4WL: MS discontinued it).

Metalrocks
18th Jan 2014, 04:56

I loved XP in its day, don't get me wrong. One of the best iterations of Windows ever. But it can't handle 64 bit architecture or more than 4GB RAM (IIRC) and with the new consoles actually being fairly decent PCs, it's inevitable that the next TR game will require a pretty good modern system.

Vista was never any good, which is why most people skipped straight over it to Win 7, I think.

With Win 9 out, I suspect minimum support will be for Win 7 and DX 10. I think it would be unreasonable to expect lower specs than that to be supported.

(On the bright side, you definitely won't have to worry about G4WL: MS discontinued it).

thank god that GfWL will be gone. because of it i dint get any games that required it. i hope once it is gone, that we can play these games without any hassle. like me playing RE5 again with my saves. :mad:

i personally had vista and even though i dint really had any issues with it as such, i have noticed that it was more HW hungry then win 7. at least i was lucky to switch from vista to 7 without any hassle since i got the upgrade version which kept all your data. the bad thing was, i had the 32bit version of vista and coulndt install the 64 bit version of 7 over it. after getting my new pc i made sure i have the 64 bit version.

dint know that win 9 is out. dint see it anywhere. win 8 is not even out yet for a year, or did i really live under a rock in that time?????:scratch:

Elliot Kane
18th Jan 2014, 05:36
Win 9 is recently announced. It's not here yet :) (Nor do I personally see a need to shift from 7, which is a good system that runs everything I currently need it to).

Playing old games that required G4WL depends on what alternates (If any) the game companies are patching into their games. I suspect a number of games will be permanently inaccessible, while I do know a few got shifted across to Steam. As I've avoided G4WL ever since I first found out how bad it was (& dumped the game I had that has it) I haven't really stayed current on the list, I'm afraid.

Some companies have been awesome about making the switch fast, others less so, unfortunately.

Mike_B
18th Jan 2014, 07:29
From what I read Vista with Service Pack 2 installed was ok and is comparable to windows 7. That's not that surprising as under the hood Windows 7 is a lot like Vista. The main issue with Vista was it's new driver model which caused a lot of crashes. This is a shared responsibility of Microsoft and the hardware companies who didn't have their drivers in order.

Metalrocks
18th Jan 2014, 08:24
Win 9 is recently announced. It's not here yet :) (Nor do I personally see a need to shift from 7, which is a good system that runs everything I currently need it to).

Playing old games that required G4WL depends on what alternates (If any) the game companies are patching into their games. I suspect a number of games will be permanently inaccessible, while I do know a few got shifted across to Steam. As I've avoided G4WL ever since I first found out how bad it was (& dumped the game I had that has it) I haven't really stayed current on the list, I'm afraid.

Some companies have been awesome about making the switch fast, others less so, unfortunately.

my issue with it is already creating an account and accessing it. this took me like over 3 hours. this was with RE5 and before that it was with halo 2 that required this crap. then when after 6 months when i wanted to play RE5 again, my account was gone and had to create a new one. which again took over 2-3 hours. once this was done i coulndt use my saves from RE5 on my new account. :mad2:

@ @m
thanks for the info. wasnt sure about the reason. like i said, i had no issues as such but it did notice it when running programs that it was at times slower.

Ballowers100
18th Jan 2014, 11:04
As said above, Microsoft will stop supporting XP in a couple of months so I don't see why resources should be spent on it anymore. XP was good it had it run, it was supported by MS for 12(!) years but now it's time to let it go. Windows 7 is a great OS and will be supported (for now) until 2020 so there's many years to spread the cost of the OS.

Also I don't think it's unlikely that the next TR would need 4 GiB of RAM or more so that would be an issue with winXP. + the support of SSD isn't that all etc. Windows XP supports 64 bit though.

I need a wider field of view to enjoy a (PC) game. I edited my topic so it says Field of View (FoV) xx-xxx.

(On the bright side, you definitely won't have to worry about G4WL: MS discontinued it). Windows XP can't handle 64 bit? Windows XP supports 64 bit. Unreal Tournament 2004 which released in 2004 supports 64 bit on Windows XP and I even have mods that have 4K textures and it runs smooth on my PC with the 4K texture mods.

Also I removed Microsoft's Games for Windows Live (GFWL) copy protection client software from my topic since it's closing down.

Noelemahc
28th Jan 2014, 21:08
Support for Vista is, on many levels, support for Seven.

Support for XP, on the other hand, is a chore these days, since it means essentially making two ports, one DX9-oriented, the other DX11. Accept it, move on, buy a modern videocard or, if you can't afford one, a modern console.

I know it sounds harsh, but... them AAA games stay AAA by being the best of the best of the best, and that means being in step with the advancement of technologies.

Red Faction: Armageddon and Saints Row: The Third both ask you in the launcher menu which DirectX version you want to run on DirectX 10 & DirectX 11 and underneath in parentheses it says (Recommended) and underneath that it says DirectX 9. Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light also supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 as well ass DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11.
And now, look at what year these games were released in. 2011. Back when DX11 was fresh, not when DX12 was looming on the horizon. Be reasonable. Nobody cried for the return of DX4 when DX6 became the industry standard. Nobody cried for DX7 when DX9 took over. Okay, I tell a lie, personally I did, because DX9 made XInput replace DirectInput, which made a lot of programmers too lazy to support both (which meant many older gamepads do not work with modern games), but still. Progress!

Now lets talk about Digital Rights Management (DRM) I want to see a physical boxed version of the PC version of Tomb Raider 10 for sale at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide without any type of Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection client software
Not economically feasible.
One day, when you've spent some time looking at what piracy does to the environment and people's minds, you'll learn to appreciate the necessary evil of DRM and admit that Steam is the least of all evils.

Oh, and about half the OP belongs in the wish thread as it concerns gameplay, not PC-specific functions =(
You lied to me, topic starter. How will you sleep at night?

I thought we'd be talking about gamepad support, mouse tweaking and trackball mode. Non-standard resolutions, VSync and multiple monitors. 3D support for both nVidia and aTi chipsets. Normal stable behaviour on high-RAM systems and octo-core CPUs. You know. PC stuff.

Murphdawg1
28th Jan 2014, 21:48
One day, when you've spent some time looking at what piracy does to the environment and people's minds, you'll learn to appreciate the necessary evil of DRM and admit that Steam is the least of all evils.

Are digital games not pirated too? I mean surely there's some bad people out there that download games for free without ever paying for them.

Ballowers100
28th Jan 2014, 22:08
Support for Vista is, on many levels, support for Seven.

Support for XP, on the other hand, is a chore these days, since it means essentially making two ports, one DX9-oriented, the other DX11. Accept it, move on, buy a modern videocard or, if you can't afford one, a modern console.

I know it sounds harsh, but... them AAA games stay AAA by being the best of the best of the best, and that means being in step with the advancement of technologies.

And now, look at what year these games were released in. 2011. Back when DX11 was fresh, not when DX12 was looming on the horizon. Be reasonable. Nobody cried for the return of DX4 when DX6 became the industry standard. Nobody cried for DX7 when DX9 took over. Okay, I tell a lie, personally I did, because DX9 made XInput replace DirectInput, which made a lot of programmers too lazy to support both (which meant many older gamepads do not work with modern games), but still. Progress!

Oh, and about half the OP belongs in the wish thread as it concerns gameplay, not PC-specific functions =(
You lied to me, topic starter. How will you sleep at night?

I thought we'd be talking about gamepad support, mouse tweaking and trackball mode. Non-standard resolutions, VSync and multiple monitors. 3D support for both nVidia and aTi chipsets. Normal stable behaviour on high-RAM systems and octo-core CPUs. You know. PC stuff. Yes it may be a chore to have Windows XP support bit it shouldn't take long to have support for Windows XP gog.com adds support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 in 1 week to a matter of just a few weeks. Also I want support for Windows XP because Windows Xp supports 64 bit I know Windows XP does not support DirectX 11 but DirectX 11 does not really have much new features anyways it only has tessellation, volumetric fog and smoke, volumetric lighting and shadowing, particle lighting and shadowing, real-time reflections, physically based material system, deferred rendering, and PBL go hand in hand.

I use DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 ( don't use DirectX 11.1 or DirectX 11.2 yet) well as CryEngine 2, CryEngine 3, CryEngine, Unreal Engine 3, and Unreal Engine Development Kit every week (UDK).

Metro Last Light released for sale in 2013 and supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11.

I will be asking for Windows XP and DirectX 9 support for the next 10 years. It still has some pretty good life in it even though Microsoft will stop Windows XP support later this year.

I have seen some PC versions of video games that have better shadows that are DirectX 9 and on Windows XP than most 2013 PC versions of video games that are DirectX 11 only or have DirectX 11 support added.

Digital Rights Managment (DRM) free is not economically feasible? Well gog.com would like to have a word with you last year gog.com released their statistics that 2 million PC gamers purchase video games from gog.com a month that's 24 million PC gamers purchasing video games from gog.com a year if this year, 2015, and so on gog.com keeps that 2 million PC gamers a month.

Here's a link to the escapistmagazine.com website and a quote from the escapistmagazine.com article when they interviewed gog.com.

http://www.escapistm...Are-Problematic

"Today gamers worldwide are not only paying our wages, they also helped us get Activision, Ubisoft, Atari, Square-Enix, and even Electronic Arts on-board," says Rambourg. "All in all, after slightly more than five years of existence, we've got more than 570 DRM-free classic titles for PC and Mac, and we've become the number one source for classic content revenue."

So you see it says Activision, Atari, Electronic Arts (EA), SQUARE-ENIX, and Ubisoft are on-board.

SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive are the video game publishers of Tomb Raider. So Tomb Raider 10 may get released to gog.com for sale one day.

Nothing is crack proof not gog.com and not Steam. It's been proven though that video games that are 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free sell better. I guarantee you if VALVe released all of the video games that they developed and published for sale on gog.com they would sell extremely well Half-Life and Half-Life 2 would sell so much on gog.com.

Almost everything in my list in this topic is PC related stuff and it's even broken up into parts and says which parts are for PC and wihch parts work on both the PC and the consoles.

Noelemahc
29th Jan 2014, 19:25
Yes it may be a chore to have Windows XP support bit it shouldn't take long to have support for Windows XP gog.com adds support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 in 1 week to a matter of just a few weeks.
To DOS games, sure. Win 3.11 games, maybe. Win7-only games? I highly doubt that.

Metro Last Light released for sale in 2013 and supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11.
Don't forget the devs are Ukrainian. They know what it's like to game on an ancient PC. Owait, newsflash: PC is the core platform for the Metro games. PC is not the core platform for Tomb Raider, not for over a decade now (though admittedly, TR9's PC version did get a lot of exclusive features).

I have seen some PC versions of video games that have better shadows that are DirectX 9 and on Windows XP than most 2013 PC versions of video games that are DirectX 11 only or have DirectX 11 support added.
It's not a failing of DX11, it's a failing of crummy coders.
"Back in my day, we didn't need no fancy lightmaps, we baked the shadows straight onto the textures and it looked AWESOME".

Well gog.com would like to have a word with you last year gog.com released their statistics that 2 million PC gamers purchase video games from gog.com a month that's 24 million PC gamers purchasing video games from gog.com a year if this year, 2015, and so on gog.com keeps that 2 million PC gamers a month.
Not trying to do economic analysis here. GOG is co-fueled by sales of old classics, many of which are exclusive to it. Ironically, it only has the Core Tomb Raider games in its catalogue currently, and none of the major recent Eidos releases (since they're technically Squeenix releases).

So Tomb Raider 10 may get released to gog.com for sale one day.
No argument there. My point is that it may only happen when it joins the ranks of Tomb Raider 1 as an oldie cult classic.

Ballowers100
30th Jan 2014, 00:00
To DOS games, sure. Win 3.11 games, maybe. Win7-only games? I highly doubt that.

Don't forget the devs are Ukrainian. They know what it's like to game on an ancient PC. Owait, newsflash: PC is the core platform for the Metro games. PC is not the core platform for Tomb Raider, not for over a decade now (though admittedly, TR9's PC version did get a lot of exclusive features).

It's not a failing of DX11, it's a failing of crummy coders.
"Back in my day, we didn't need no fancy lightmaps, we baked the shadows straight onto the textures and it looked AWESOME".

Not trying to do economic analysis here. GOG is co-fueled by sales of old classics, many of which are exclusive to it. Ironically, it only has the Core Tomb Raider games in its catalogue currently, and none of the major recent Eidos releases (since they're technically Square Enix releases).

No argument there. My point is that it may only happen when it joins the ranks of Tomb Raider 1 as an oldie cult classic. Dude not all video games sold on gog.com have DOS. The Witcher, ArmA II, and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are not DOS video games all 3 of those video games run on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. Also lots of indie video games don't have DOS either and run on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. I have seen some video game developers who can add multiplayer components in 1 week to 6 months and I have seen video game developers who can add Windows Vista or Windows 7 support in 1 week to 6 months if they want. Depending on what they work on developing.

I never said DirectX 11 is a fail now did I? No I did not.

Yes gog.com gets most of it's sales from classic old video games but you have to remember The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be sold on gog.com this year whenever it gets released for sale and in 2015 Cyvberpunk 2077 will be sold on gog.com.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the first AAA video game developed by CD Projekt RED who owns gog.com and is not a DOS only video game it will be 64 bit, DirectX 11 and running on Windows 7 and Windows 8 only (They might work on adding Windows Vista support). A parent sister I should say.

BridgetFisher
30th Jan 2014, 17:29
Id like there to not be that shaky camera that made me feel sick. Made it seem like the game was made by a ten year old with a video editor, lens flare, shaky camera, all closeups, its like they used every filter in a video editor. haha, maybe they can tone it down this time.

AlanBarrows
6th Apr 2014, 21:28
As for me, as soon as they confirm full 3D Vision support like the first game, they have my immediate pre-order, no matter the cost.