PDA

View Full Version : PC features that must be added to the PC version of Hitman 6

Ballowers100
16th Jan 2014, 21:19
Long list WOW!

Windows Support

-Windows XP
-Windows Vista
-Windows 7
-Windows 8
-Windows 8.1
-Windows 9

Apparently Windows 9 will be released in 2015. So that is why I added Windows 9 to my list.

http://news.yahoo.com/windows-8-2-rumors-start-195311859.html
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/threshold-be-called-windows-9-ship-april-2015
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/20/windows-9-release-date-set-for-april-2015/

DirectX Support

-DirectX 9
-DirectX 10
-DirectX 11 (To it's full potential)
-DirectX 11.1
-DirectX 11.2
-DirectX 12 (To it's full potential)

Here are the DirectX 11 features that need to be added to it's full potential MSAA Hair, Subsurface Scattering, [Enhanced Bloom (I don't like bloom, blurriness, or bokeh depth of field)], Apex Clothing, High Quality Shadows, [Bokeh Depth of Field (again which I don't like)], Shadowed Point Light Reflections, Tessellation & Displacement, Deferred Rendering with MSAA Support, Image Based Reflections, Color Grading, Cascaded Shadow Mapping, Light Shafts, Seamless Lighting Transitions, 3D dynamically rendered in real time Foliage, [Soft-Edge Motion Blur (another thing that I don't like)], Exponential Height Fog (Volumetric dynamically rendered weather in real time rendered clouds, fog and mist).

Do not leave out Windows XP and DirectX 9 like Activision and Treyarch did to the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II they said they left it out because they are using DirectX 11 this is the beauty of PC it can support all Windows and DirectX versions.

Saints Row: The Third and Red Faction: Guerilla both ask you in the launcher menu which DirectX version you want to run on DirectX 10 & DirectX 11 and underneath in parentheses it says (Recommended) and underneath that it says DirectX 9.

Steam survey shows more people are using Windows Vista and Windows 7 than Windows XP but still keep and support Windows XP Steam survey also shows more people are using DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 graphic cards than DirectX 9 graphic cards but still keep and support DirectX 9 again this is the beauty of PC it can support all Windows and DirectX versions.

Now lets talk about Digital Rights Management (DRM) I want to see a physical boxed copy of the PC version of Hitman 6 for sale at stores without any type of Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection software I don't want to see CD Keys, email based accounts, SONY's SecuROM, Steam, Steam Works, TAGES or any type of Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection client software of any type I want it 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a pain in the a** for loyal paying customers let the Steam version of Hitman 6 be on Steam only not on the physical boxed version of the PC version of Hitman 6 sold at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide. Steam is my favorite but I don't like it on the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

If SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive can offer the physical boxed copy Digital Rights Management (DRM) free and a version on Steam for Steam only I will gladly buy them both if not I will not purchase it from Steam. Which will make me sad because I love buying physical boxed versions of video games because I love to have a collection of boxed copies on my shelf and 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

I am sick and tired of SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive selling the PC version of their video games digitally on Steam only or selling the physical boxed PC version of their video games sold at brick and mortar retailer stores requiring Steam.

Digital Rights Management (DRM) free is taking off with kickstarter.com.

All those video game developers and video game development companies are releasing the PC versions of their video games when they are done developing it 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free for sale or to give you in your mail a physical boxed version of the PC version of video games that you backed.

They will still sell those PC versions of video games on Steam but they will also sell those PC versions of video games on gog.com as well as physical boxed versions of the PC versions of those video games if they want to like inXile Entertainment is doing with Wasteland 2. inXile Entertainment got a contract with Deep Silver to distribute the physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide for sale.

Deep Silver has no say and cannot put any Digital Rights Management (DRM) including Steam, Steam Works on the physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 when it goes for sale to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

Also like I said in my other comment above you I have been following kickstarter.com since late 2011 and from late 2011 to this day today I counted about 400 successfully kickstarted video games that are released no and is still getting released in 2014, 2015, 2016 and so on 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

I have even seen a lot of people who left AAA video game development companies like BioWare, Capcom, and Epic Games to develop their own video games on kickstarter and to sell it 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

Mighty No. 9 comes to mind it is from the Mega Man creator I think he left Capcom last year don't really know cause I don't follow him but Might No. 9 will be on gog.com.

The Banner Saga is developed by like 2 ex BioWare employees who will be selling The Banner Saga on gog.com as well.

Grim Dawn is developed by the video game developers of Titan Quest and will also be released on gog.com.

gog.com gets 2 million people a month purchasing video games. While Steam has about 7 million people online a day. 2 million people a month for a place that sells old video games, indie video games, and a few new video games is pretty good.

If Steam keeps getting so many PC versions of video games Steam versions released on Steam exclusively that can become a monopoly and monopolies are bad.

Yes Steam made PC gaming bigger than ever before but Steam getting bigger and bigger is very bad.

This will make life for lots of PC gamers very bad you obviously forget about 3rd world countries or people who have internet connections but have very poor internet connections and then there is bandwidth caps. I have Comcast I pay $140 dollars (USD) a month for Comcast and sometimes Comcast puts a download cap of 300GB's for that month depending on what goes on and if I go just 1GB over that download for that month I get charged anywhere from $1 dollar (USD) to $10 dollars (USD). Some months I download over 500GB's of stuff. Like mods, etc. So yeah I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars (USD) for going over hundreds of GB's of downloads because Comcast decided to charge people for that month for whatever reason.

So this is why 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games is a necessity.

The Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection client software has been coming since like 2000 but talk to me in 5 years when you see I am right that gog.com will be competitive with Steam. As it stands right now gog.com is the second biggest digital distributor on the internet with Steam being the first. Since gog.com is the second biggest digital distributor retailer the PC version of Hitman 6 needs to be sold 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com.

Here's some interesting stuff about Hitman 6.

http://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman-fans/

It looks like it will be a bigger open world Hitman video game with Agent 47's "magic pockets" being removed I assume that means instinct?

Here is a list of things I don't want in Hitman 6.

-No regenerative health.

-No multiplayer.

-No Quick Time Events (QTE's)

-Please do not add instinct back.

Here's a list of things I want to be able to do in Hitman 6.

-Ability to pick up everything I see in people's houses and on dead bodies like on animals and people which means armor (the armor to use as well for protection of course like kevlar vests to protect Agent 47 from bullets), clothes (for disguises of course), clothing (for disguises of course), money (to purchase modifications for the guns), miscellaneous items like bottles, cups, forks, mugs, necklaces, pitchers, rings, spoons, sporks like in The Elder Scrolls video games. But to use as weapons of course. I want to go behind a NPC if I don't have a gun and use bottles and cups, even plates to smash against that NPC's head to knock that NPC out or break it and use the sharp part to stab that NPC. Which means I should be able to carry them in my inventory. In the old Hitman video games you are able to have cleavers, knives, bottles with poison in them in your inventory.

But only to be able to use them as weapons. Like in Hitman: Absolution where you can pick up busts, flashlights, wires, etc to knock NPC's out or strangle NPC's. Like lets say you have no weapon and are in a kitchen and there is 1 NPC you have to kill but no knives are around only plates, forks, spoons, etc you can pick up the forks and stab the NPC's with them in the throat or their eyes and smash the plates on their heads.

-Ability to duel wield guns, daggers, and knives.

-Ability to use other NPC's as shields. Like in all of the Hitman video games.

-Ability to swim.

Here is a list of some things that need to be in the options menu for the PC version of Hitman 6.

-Console Command (~) tilde disable, enable option.

I want to type in the console command (~) tilde godmode, god mode, infinitehealth, infinite health, unlimitedhealth, or unlimited health so I can never die.

I want to type in the console command (~) tilde infiniteammo, infinite ammo, unlimitedammo, or unlimited ammo so I can never run out of ammo.

I want to type in the console command (~) tilde giveammo 1-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx fire arrows, water arrows, or any type of ammo or give ammo 1-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx bullets, grenades, rockets or any type of ammo so it gives me the amount of ammo I want.

-Improved Alt Tab (For people who need to alt tab for specific reasons focus on it's performance as well so you can alt tab in and out quickly without freezing like some other video games do).

-Windowed Mode (For people who like playing in windowed mode).

- Give us the ability to save whenever we want even during campaigns, missions, quests like in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Dues Ex: Human Revolution.

- Give us the ability to name our save games for the PC version of Hitman 6.

- Give us a picture based inventory system that shows all your items as a picture in your inventory like The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Use Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine Software Development Kit (SDK) it's free until you earn over $100,000 dollars (USD) and it will save you lots of money from licensing fees Havok's physics engine is terrible.

Here's a link that tells you it's free http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

It says in the first paragraph in the very last sentence that it's free.

The PhysX engine and SDK are available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, PlayStation 3,[3][4] Xbox 360[5] and the Wii.[6] The PhysX SDK is provided to developers of all platforms for free, both for commercial and non-commercial use.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX#cite_note-6

It works on all platforms Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.

PhysX has the best physics engine it can do the following APEX Destruction, APEX Clothing, APEX Particles, APEX Vegetation, and APEX Turbulence ( I don't know what APEX Turbulance is maybe something to do with smoke and wind).

All of Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine properties are done Dynamically in Real Time in the Video Game Engine in 3D no more 2D done with shaders and trickery.

Hitman: Blood Money, Unreal Tournament 3 (III), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Mafia II, Batman: Arkham CIty, Borderlands 2, Hitman: Absolution ArmA III, BioShock Infinite, Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Thief, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Star Citizen uses Nvidia's PhysX physics engine.

Now here's a list of how many graphics options should be added in the options menu and how they should be added.

-Field of View (FoV) slider bar xx-xxx.

1. Give us the ability to choose these options Tessellation & Displacement in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

2. Give us Shadows in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

3. Give us Sun Shafts/Godrays/Light Shafts what ever you want it to be called in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

4. Give us Shadowed Point Light Reflections in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

5. Give us Deferred Rendering with MSAA Support in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Ultra High, Maximum.

6. Give us Image Based Reflections in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

7. Give us Color Grading in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

8. Give us Cascaded Shadow Mapping in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

9. Give us Seamless Lighting Transitions in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

10. Give us Foliage in the DirectX 11 options menu Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

11. Give us [Enhanced Bloom (I don't like bloom, blurriness, or bokeh depth of field)] in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

12. Give us [Bokeh Depth of Field (again which I don't like)] in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

13. Give us [Soft-Edge Motion Blur (another thing that I don't like)] in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

14. Give us MSAA Hair in the DirectX 11 options menu Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

15. Give us Subsurface Scattering in the DirectX 11 options menu Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

16. Give us Exponential Height Fog in the DirectX 11 options menu Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum.

17. Give us Dynamic Lighting, Particles, Foliage, Weather, Snow, Rain, Water in the video game engine to give us those capabilities.

18. Real time Global Illumination lighting.

19. Real time Complex Specular.

Now finally the most important feature that needs to be added.

Release mod tools Software Development Kit (SDK) with everything like level/map editor so PC gamers who are modders can create their own meshes, skins, textures, total conversion mods, custom maps/levels.

I want to see Nexus website owner Dark0ne open up a Hitman 6 Nexus website so PC gamers who are modders can post their mods on there and see competition. Mod tools also create jobs.

Mod tools are needed all of the PC versions of video games on PC need to have mod tools.

I would love for the PC version of Hitman 6 to have mod tools and be 64 bit only so I can make my own custom graphical mods like ENB type mods.

I learned C, C++, Visual Basics, and Java Script I know how to code you know source code I program my own stuff I use Unreal Engine 3, CryEngine 3, and CryEngine every week.

I also use DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 every week as well.

I love making mods.

I download open source mods or projects so I can program my own stuff.

The Doom and Wolfenstein video games for example developed by id Software id Software releases the source code for those video games and I do stuff with them.

Here's another open source project I am heavily interested in.

https://openmw.org/en/

Bethesda Softworks gave the green light to these people to make it. When OpenMW version 1.0 gets released I will be dedicating my time to making some really cool mods for it. I am planning to code in gameplay mechanics so you can drive vehicles and fly aircraft I always wanted to do stuff like that in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind but The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind's video game engine the NettleMerse Engine has a lot of limitations and lots of messy work a rounds to make mods with all kinds of stuff you want. That's why I am happy for OpenMW. I can finally and new gameplay mechanics with OpenMW.

I have been playing PC versions of video games on PC since 1998 when Unreal released I made mods for it started learning how to make mods in 1999 Unreal Tournament released and I started knowing how to make maps by then.

When the PC version of The Elder Scrolls released in 2002 I played around a lot with the Construction Set to make mods I started making lots of easy mods then I got into programming and scripting every now and then then I went to college in 2010 for 3 years to learn computer science.

SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive please give the PC versions of your upcoming and future video games all this Tender Loving Care (TLC) PC gamers will appreciate you very much for this and a bunch of us will buy your video games 2-4 times maybe a few times more than that

If adding all these features take time from the development cycle and cause delays then add them after the video game is released add it in Patches/Updates for free or after you finish DLC's.

Here's 2 videos showing how the latest graphics look for PC they look even better now than in these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzjsTt_DzCw

Farm 51 is using some type of 3D scanner to render the graphics in Get Even and Farm 51 says that the graphics will look photo realistic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ets-dark-souls

CD Projekt RED is also targeting Computer Graphics (CGI) for Cyberpunk 2077.

Here's the link.

http://www.gamechup.com/cyberpunk-20...aser-graphics/

Cyberpunk 2077's graphics will look exactly like the CGI trailer and I believe CD Projekt RED will achieve those graphics since REDengine 3, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Cyberpunk 2077 will be 64 bit only 32 bit is gone which makes me happy.

sick
16th Jan 2014, 21:45
You didn't say please. :(

BoomerNearby
26th Jan 2014, 13:33
I think it is pointless to make a game only for next gen and pc and still using directx9 ancient libraries and support windows xp, most of the gamers are using dx10 and dx11 graphic cards with windows 7 and 8. Even more pointless by the time the game is released.

I really like all your features, physx could be nice or tress fx (used for other stuff rather than hair... xD)

Most of the graphic options are already supported in glacier 2.

I wish we have modding tools, or at least some non protected file system to modify files.

mikom
1st Feb 2014, 17:11
We need the ability to quicksave and quickload. At least on the easy difficulty when you should be able to save how many times you want.

Ballowers100
9th Feb 2014, 17:33
I think it is pointless to make a game only for next gen and pc and still using directx9 ancient libraries and support windows xp, most of the gamers are using dx10 and dx11 graphic cards with windows 7 and 8. Even more pointless by the time the game is released.

I really like all your features, physx could be nice or tress fx (used for other stuff rather than hair... xD)

Most of the graphic options are already supported in glacier 2.

I wish we have modding tools, or at least some non protected file system to modify files. Windows XP and DirectX 9 still has years of life. Windows XP supports 64 bit and some PC versions of video games support DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 as well as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

Metro: Last Light released for sale in 2013 and it supports DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 as well as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

There is no reason to stop having support for Windows XP and Windows 9 for PC versions of video games. Also I have seen some Windows XP, DirectX 9 only PC versions of video games that have better looking shadows than some DirectX 11 only PC versions of video games.

Also DirectX 9 runs on Windows Vista 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit, and Windows 8 64 bit as well and since Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8 64 bit allows for more GB's of RAM than Windows XP does you can have even better looking PC versions of video games running on Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit. But DirectX 11 is still better than DirectX 9. I really hope the PC version of Hitman 6 is 64 bit only no 32 bit support.

The PC version of Hitman: Absolution apparently supports Nvidia's PhysX physics engine if you go in Hitman: Absolution's folder and look around you can see PhysXCore.dll, PhysXCudart_20.dll, PhysXDevice.dll, and PhysXLoader.dll at least from a YouTube video I saw about a year ago. So the PC version of Hitman 6 having Nvidia's PhysX physics engine supported will be very good and it should be even better than what the PC version of Hitman: Absolution has.

I know most of those graphics options are supported in Glacier 2 but not all of them are and I hope more are supported. Like DirectX 11.1 and DirectX 11.2 as well.

Modding tools seriously need to get released for the PC version of Hitman 6 these are 3 reasons that will make me purchase Hitman 6 as well as selling a 100% physical boxed version of the PC version of Hitman 6 to brick and mortar retailer stores.

Driber
13th Feb 2014, 21:39
C'mon, Ballowers100, let it go already.

You are not going to buy H6, or any other SE game, and we both know it.

Ballowers100
6th Mar 2014, 14:10
Lots of new updates. This is going to be a huge update to my list.

So there is another reason why gog.com is better than Steam gog.com since December 2013 lets you now get your money refunded if you purchase a video game from gog.com that does not work if gog.com cannot get it fixed or if the video game developer of that video game cannot fix or does not fix that video game Steam only lets you get your money refunded one time which sucks.

http://www.gog.com/news/announcing_our_new_guarantee this has not been mentioned yet so it's why I added it.

So it would be nice for the PC version of Hitman 6 to go on sale on gog.com (not sale like 40% off but to be sold.).

As I said in a few comments before it would be nice for SQUARE-ENIX, Eidos Interactive, and to support the PC version of Hitman 6 for years to come because it looks like Windows 9 is coming out in 2015. So add support for Windows 9 when Windows 9 gets released for sale and continue to fix bugs.

http://news.yahoo.com/windows-8-2-ru...195311859.html
http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/th...hip-april-2015
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/20/wi...or-april-2015/

Now onto AMD's Mantle API.

It looks like Nvidia really does not care to support AMD's Mantle API on their graphic cards. So what is Nvidia's solution? To further optimize and support DirectX and OpenGL.

Here you go.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia...modern-opengl/

It looks like there was miscommunication and AMD's Mantle API is for low end CPU's not GPU's kinda like the low level API that the consoles have. Apparently AMD's Mantle API is useless for high end PC's.

DICE released the Mantle API update in February for the PC version of Battlefield 4 and lots of websites on the internet are talking about it.

CPU-limited scenario: 40.9% (1080p) and 40.1% (1600p) performance improvement under Ultra settings and 4xAA on the AMD A10-7700K with an AMD Radeon™ R9 290X.
GPU-limited scenario: 2.7% (1080p) and 1.4% (1600p) performance improvement under Ultra settings and FXAA on the Core i7-4960X with an AMD Radeon™ R7 260X
As expected, it helps low ends CPUs, but doesn't do much in GPU-limited scenarios.

Edit: It also helps if you're building a crossfire setup, since you'll be CPU-limited:

Enjoy reading.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/17...-cpus-not-gpus
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760856
http://wccftech.com/amd-launches-man...cpus-not-gpus/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760268
http://techgage.com/news/amd-shares-...pport-it-soon/
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/31/ba...antle-support/

You can download AMD's Mantle API drivers here.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

I really have a feeling Mantle will end up like Glide after DirectX 11 gets more improvements then people will abandon Mantle and look to DirectX and OpenGL. AMD should of just worked with Nvidia to further optimize and support DirectX and OpenGL.

I also just got word that Nvidia sent to their sales rep to dismiss Mantle in an interview.

So a few days ago Microsoft announced it will show off DirectX which will be a low-level access API like AMD's Mantle API at GDC 2014. GDC 2014 starts March 17th, 2014 up until March 21st, 2014. Microsoft will show off the DirectX low-level access Mantle API on March 20th, 2014 at GDC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775217
http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/828181
http://schedule.gdconf.com/session-id/828184

So this new version of DirectX I hope to see support added for it in the PC version of Hitman 6 instead of AMD's mantle API which works only on AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) graphic cards and Nvidia does not care to support AMD's Mantle API on Nvidia graphics card. But Microsoft's DirectX will be working on both AMD hardware and intel hardware as well as Nvidia graphic cards. So since Windows is 95% of the PC gaming market it would be smart for SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive to support this new version of Mantle like DirectX for the PC version of Hitman 6 instead. Save your money SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive.

Here's the announcement from yesterday that I read that DirectX 12 is on it's way and that it will be a low-level access API like Mantle.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779795
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/p/directx12.aspx
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/directx-opengl-catching-up-with-mantle-will-offer-low-level-access-to-reduce-draw-overhead/

Also it's confirmed that Microsoft Windows 9 will release for sale in 2015. Yesterday another rumor came up that Microsoft will release Windows 9 for sale in the fall of 2014.

About Digital Rights Management (DRM).

So I have a list today of how extremely well physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sell as well as digital.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=765989
http://www.gamesindu...forces-for-sega

The physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games published by SEGA sold way more in 2013 than PlayStation 3 (PS3), Xbox 360, and Wii U combined did.

#1. PS3 + 360 + WiiU packaged sales = 1.2 million
PC packages sales = 2.27 million

#2. Digital sales (¥28.3 billion) now are about the same as packaged (¥28.4).

So physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold published by SEGA is 28.4 billion Japanese Yen and 28.3 billion Japanese Yen for digital. Physical boxed PC versions of video games sold published by SEGA earns 100,000 more for SEGA than digital and is rising. In 2013 the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold published by SEGA rose from 770,000 to 2.27 million.

Digital is close to a tie to selling almost the same amount as the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games. Physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games will keep on rising and selling well.

In 2011 the physical boxed version of the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim sold 2.4 million or 2.5 million copies on 11.11.11 when The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim went for sale.

Diablo III in 2012 sold 10 million copies in 3 weeks I think.

Total War: ROME II sold 20,000 physical boxed version of the PC version of the collector's edition.

So any PC gamer that thinks digital is the future this is not true. Digital will exist side by side with physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide for years to come.

This year I will be purchasing the physical boxed version of the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and quite possibly pre-ordering 3 physical boxed version of the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt collector's edition 1 copy for me and 2 copies for 2 of my real life friends. I am also planning on purchasing 10 physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 when it get's released for sale sometime in 2014 as long as Wasteland 2 does not cost $50.99 dollars (USD), $51.00 dollars (USD) or $60.00 dollars (USD). I have lots of family members and real life friends needing gifting of PC video games this year for birthdays, Easter, and Christmas. Then in 2015 I will be purchasing the physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077.

Also because CD Projekt RED and inXile Entertainment will be selling the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of the video games that they develop, distribute, and publish to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

SQUARE-ENIX, Eidos Interactive, and Eidos Montreal needs to start stepping it up and follow CD Projekt RED's and inXile Entertainment's footsteps to selling 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed versions of the PC versions of the video games that they publish and develop to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

This includes the PC version of Hitman 6. Which is a video game published by SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive that I really want to purchase for PC in a physical box containing the physical disc with the video game inside all 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free. No CD Keys or Steam, Steam Works SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive please. Otherwise Hitman 6 will be lost sales from me which could earn you $60 dollars (USD) from the sale if I did purchase Hitman 6 if Hitman 6 does go for sale in 2014 or 2015.

Also it would be nice for SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive to finally sell all of the PC versions of the video games that they have developed and published since they have been a video game development company and video game publishing company on gog.com 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free. Those are extra sales that can earn SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive money from me.

I know I am not the only PC gamer on these Eidos Interactive forums websites who will be purchasing multiple copies of the PC versions of video games from gog.com or will be purchasing multiple copies of the PC versions of the physical boxed versions of video games published by SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive.

100% Digital is not the future we simply do not have the infrastructure and you can't expect Internet Service Provider (ISP) companies to change their business any time soon not today, not tomorrow, and not 10 years from now. Physical boxed versions of video games will continue to be sold 10 years from now along side side by side digital.

While there are very few physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold at brick and mortar retailer stores world wide physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games getting sold at brick and mortar retailer stores is going to increase again I have a feeling in the next year or 2 years from now.

CD Projekt RED is going to sell the physical boxed version of the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free and so is inXile Entertainment with Wasteland 2 this year as well then next year CD Projekt RED will be selling the physical boxed version of the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

SEGA sold more physical boxed versions of the PC versions of the video games that they publish than PlayStation 3 (PS3), Xbox 360, and Wii U combined in 2013.

In 2013 SEGA earned 28.4 billion Japanese Yen for physical boxed versions sold and 28.3 billion Japanese Yen for digital sold. So you see physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games sold published by SEGA earned SEGA 100,000 more sales than digital and is continuing to rise. For 2013 it rose from 770,000 to 2.27 million.

So I am pretty sure AAA video game publishing companies do not despise selling physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games when there is still a very profitable market for them.

PC gamers who think a 100% digital future will happen are so wrong and most probably do not know how internet is in most of the world.

No one is ever going to make a Internet Service Provider (ISP) company get rid of their bandwidth caps or not wanting to bring their internet to some parts of the world.

Here in California where I live in my city some Internet Service Providers (ISP's) refuse to bring their internet here or if they do bring internet they will only let 1 company in certain areas which is basically a monopoly and the US government will not step in and make laws because the Internet Service Provider (ISP) companies here in the United States of America (USA) are basically bribing the government in some way.

I went to GameStop like a month ago and I saw Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Battlefiled 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts World of Warcraft (WoW), Diablo III, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition, SimCity, Need For Speed: Rivals The Sims, and like 10 other video games that I don't remember the names of.

I also got word from Deep Silver a few days ago that Deep Silver is planning on selling the physical boxed version of the PC version of Risen 3 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

Deep Silver is also now considering selling the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of the video games that they publish 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free to brick and mortar retailer stores.

So now it is CD Projekt RED, Deep Silver, and inXile Entertainment who are going to be selling the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games that they develop and publish to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

So it looks like physical boxed versions of PC versions of video games 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free going for sale to brick and mortar retailer stores is starting to increase again like in the 1990's and early 2000's.

I see PC versions of video games at Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, Target, and Wal-Mart. In fact at Fry's Electronics in the video games section I see more physical boxed versions of PC versions of video games than at GameStop only at Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart sells barely any physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games.

I will also say that kickstarter.com will be what increases physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games to get sold at brick and mortar retailer stores if the video game developer wants to sell physical boxed versions of their PC versions of video games to brick and mortar retailer stores like how inXile Entertainment is doing with Wasteland 2.

So SQUARE-ENIX approves of a Thief: Gold modding competition with Amazon. I really hope the PC version of Hitman 6 gets mod tools. I want to be able to create my own custom graphical mods, meshes, models, skins, textures, levels, maps, and total conversion mods.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/19/sq...g-competition/

I will not purchase Hitman 6 and I certainly will not purchase any more video games published by SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos interactive ever I am sad that the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, and Tomb Raider has no mod tools. Very sad for us PC gamers. No mod tools equals no sales from me. No Windows XP and DirectX 9 support as well equals no sale sales from me. There are like 6 PC versions of video games right now on PC that support DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 and I counted like over 70 PC versions of video games on Steam that support Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.

The 6 PC versions of video games on PC that support DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 are Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Saints Row: The Third, Metro: Last Light, Banished, and World of Warcraft (WoW).

I am so sad :/.

Modding the PC versions of video games is what makes PC versions of video games sell it's not the only reason but it's one of the reasons.

I really hope with this Thief: Gold competition that SQUARE-ENIX is doing with Amazon that SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive start stepping it up in the PC versions of the video games that they publish and release mod tools for every single PC versions of video games that they published so far and have no mod tools. Because if SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive start making the video game development companies that they own to release mod tools for the PC versions of their video games I will gladly purchase them all 3 times 1 copy from gog.com released for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free, 1 copy from Steam, and 1 copy 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games published by SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive sold to brick and mortar retailer stores world wide.

I am serious about this I will purchase every single video game published on PC by SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive 3 times.

SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive please try this you will see your self earning a lot of money from sales from PC gamers. I really wish the CEO's, executives, and investors of SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive saw this :/.

I have been creating my own mods for the PC versions of video games on PC since 1998 when Unreal released for sale.

Many many people seem to not realize that a lot of their favorite AAA video game publishing companies, AAA video game development companies, and favorite video game developers started off as indie video game developers at home in their bedrooms and garages developing their own video games, video game engines or creating their own mods for existing video games back in the 1990's and early 2000's.

I have said this before and no one realizes but here's my list I have compiled over the years.

Arkane Studios the AAA video game development company that's owned by Bethesda Softworks and developed Dishonored hired one of the guys who made some Thief missions back in 2004 or 2006 or something like that.

Blizzard Entertainment started developing video games in one of the guys house. Blizzard Entertainment now develops World of Warcraft which since 2004 earned Blizzard Entertainment over $9 billion dollars (USD) and is also developing Diablo and Star Craft with the new Diablo video game Diablo III and the new Star Craft video game Star Craft II.

Bethesda Game Studios the AAA video game development company that's owned by Bethesda Softworks and developed The Elder Scrolls video games and Fallout 3 is hiring PC gamers who are modders.

Crytek the AAA video game development company of Crysis and Ryse: Son of Rome is also hiring PC gamers who are modders.

Epic Games the AAA video game development company that develops Unreal Engine, Unreal Engine 2, Unreal Engine 3, Unreal Engine 4, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War, and Bulletstorm started developing video game engines in Tim Sweeney's garage.

VAVLe also hires PC gamers who are modders.

Lots of people seem to forget this and some PC gamers seem to not know this and thinks it has no impact. Well my list shows it does have a impact.

So on February 21st, 2014 gog.com added regional pricing. What does this mean? Well because gog.com wants to compete with Steam and have more PC versions of video games released for sale from AAA video game development companies and AAA video game publishing companies gog.com has to do this. It is going to suck badly for poor people who live in 3rd world countries. My solution is just wait for sales when the video games get cheaper gog.com has just about as many sales as Steam does. I am ok with the video games getting a little bit more expensive as long as AAA video game publishing companies and AAA video game development companies release their PC versions of video games for sale on gog.com 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

I would rather pay like $10 dollars (USD) more for a PC version of a AAA video game that is 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free than pay $60 dollars (USD) for a AAA video game that has Digital Rights Management (DRM) added on it.

SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive can now release more of the PC versions of video games that they publish on gog.com for sale. Sadly restrictions to countries will happen :/.

But I have noticed that SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive sell the PC versions of the video games that they publish for $50 dollars (USD) not $60 dollars (USD). This makes me happy because $50 dollars (USD) is the highest I like to pay for video games.

Here you go.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ann...s_coming/page1

With gog.com adding regional prices there will be 3 very big AAA PC versions of video games getting released for sale on gog.com. 1 Strategy video game and 2 RPG video games.

No one knows which PC versions of video games they are though.

It definitely is not Divinity: Original Sin. Larian Studios already sells their video games with regional pricing on gog.com and they confirmed that Divinity: Original Sin will be getting released for sale on gog.com in 2014.

It is not inXile Entertainment's Wasteland 2 since Wasteland 2 is already confirmed to be released for sale on gog.com in 2014.

It is also not The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt because CD Projekt RED confirmed in 2013 that the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released for sale in 2014 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com.

SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive published Deus Ex: Human Revolution which is a RPG video game. Maybe the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution with all it's DLC's or Deus Ex: Director's Cut or both will be released 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com for sale in 2014.

So if the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution gets released for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com in 2014 then SQUARE-ENIX and EIdos Interactive can release the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the PC version of Hitman: Absolution, the PC version of Sleeping Dogs, the PC version of Tomb Raider, the PC version of Thief, and the PC version of Hitman 6 for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com. Which will make me very happy and purchase 1 copy of each of those 6 PC versions of video games published by SQAURE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive on the day they get released for sale on gog.com.

How likely do you think SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos Interactive will release the PC version of Hitman 6 for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com in 2014 or 2015? Who else will be happy besides me?

A gog.com employee also said that gog. com will be planning to do more different types of sales in the future and maybe have the same amount as Steam or more than Steam. So the inclusion of regional pricing should make poor people be happy because they can purchase the video games from gog.com when they are on sale instead.

Itsrob
6th Mar 2014, 16:58
What did I just read?

mcescher1
6th Mar 2014, 17:04
yeaaa.... im not reading that

it needs a tl;dr

Mike_B
8th Mar 2014, 14:04
yeaaa.... im not reading that

it needs a tl;dr

I will not purchase Hitman 6 and I certainly will not purchase any more video games published by SQUARE-ENIX and Eidos interactive ever I am sad that the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, and Tomb Raider has no mod tools. Very sad for us PC gamers. No mod tools equals no sales from me. No Windows XP and DirectX 9 support as well equals no sale sales from me. There are like 6 PC versions of video games right now on PC that support DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 and I counted like over 70 PC versions of video games on Steam that support Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.

The 6 PC versions of video games on PC that support DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 are Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Saints Row: The Third, Metro: Last Light, Banished, and World of Warcraft (WoW).

It comes down to cater in to my demands or I won't buy your games. Those demands being unrealistic as it expects every game to have modding support, support for Windows XP, and 100 % DRM free.