PDA

View Full Version : Please let Jesper Kyd do the Hitman 6 soundtrack!

semajmarc87
16th Jan 2014, 20:09
Please let Jesper Kyd do the Hitman 6 soundtrack! Nobody knows how to set the mood for a good Hitman game quite like Jesper Kyd! He was sorely missed in Hitman: Absolution!

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/13692/1257403-jesper_kyd___tobias_ripper.jpg

radioteque
16th Jan 2014, 23:34
Agree 100%. His style evolved as each game came out, I can't even imagine how sick his score will be for Hitman 6.

FriedGoat
16th Jan 2014, 23:42
I signed up SPECIFICALLY for this reason. I don't know what happened with the last hitman, but absolution didn't feature Jesper Kyd, and then you weren't going to have David Bateman doing Agent 47's voice? Luckily you corrected one of those mistakes, but absolution certainly wasn't Blood Money.

Now you have the chance to correct the other mistake. Bring back Jesper!

Soleil
17th Jan 2014, 00:09
I absolutely agree. In fact, i critiziced that too. Jesper Kyd is a genius in composing the sound of Hitman.

NIB
17th Jan 2014, 12:49
Jesper Kyd is a must!

Arrakim1
17th Jan 2014, 14:03
Bring back Jesper Kyd if possible. I really like his music.

Buscar88
17th Jan 2014, 14:59
The soundtrack of Absolution was ok, but Kyd was clearly missing.

Some of his tracks for the older games have this special kind of awsomeness which always makes me remeber of Hitman and his missions.
Especially the song Vegas he produced for Hitman Blood Money is still a part of my playlists.

He managed to give every mission its own atmosphere and provided for some musical variation over the hole games. He's clearly best one for this job.

kennj4
18th Jan 2014, 01:15
The Bjarkov Bomb (Contracts) seems like it was designed by Jesper Kyd himself. Especially when he's going through the tunnel on the platform train car.

Does anyone know who plays that song on the TV in The Barber Shop on Shaving Lenny?
I put it through Shazam and it never came up with anything. I want it for a ringtone!!!!!

S3R6i0
18th Jan 2014, 03:29
The Bjarkov Bomb (Contracts) seems like it was designed by Jesper Kyd himself. Especially when he's going through the tunnel on the platform train car.

Does anyone know who plays that song on the TV in The Barber Shop on Shaving Lenny?
I put it through Shazam and it never came up with anything. I want it for a ringtone!!!!!

It's not a real song, it's a video of Clive Sturky being punished by the gimp girl who gets shot at the exchange at the end.

kennj4
18th Jan 2014, 05:17
It's not a real song, it's a video of Clive Sturky being punished by the gimp girl who gets shot at the exchange at the end.
OHH! OK!! Thanks.That makes perfect sense! :lol:

u2tall
18th Jan 2014, 05:21
I think kyd contributed so much to the series, he's become a big part of it. I would love to have him back

MasterTaffer
18th Jan 2014, 05:57
I adore Jesper Kyd's work, not only on Hitman but other series as well. I've got all four of his physical Hitman albums signed by him (Hitman 2, Hitman 1 & 2 joint, Contracts, and Blood Money). While Absolution's soundtrack had some highlights and generally fit within its environments well, didn't leave too much of a lasting impression at the end of the day.

Were they to bring him back I'd be ecstatic as the man has a great understanding of character and environment through music. Were he to pass or IO choose someone else, then I'll be disappointed but keep an open mind.

SonOfSparda
18th Jan 2014, 10:41
I signed up SPECIFICALLY for this reason. I don't know what happened with the last hitman, but absolution didn't feature Jesper Kyd, and then you weren't going to have David Bateman doing Agent 47's voice? Luckily you corrected one of those mistakes, but absolution certainly wasn't Blood Money.

Now you have the chance to correct the other mistake. Bring back Jesper!

Jesper was working on AC3 and Borderlands 2.

MasterTaffer
18th Jan 2014, 12:05
Jesper was working on AC3 and Borderlands 2.

Jesper didn't do AC3. Lorne Balfe composed that game.

Derangedxzombie
18th Jan 2014, 12:11
I agree, Kyd's work, especially on Hitman 2 silent assassin was wonderful, knew how to make epic BGM or dark and menacing like on Hitman Contacts.

MrAtmea
18th Jan 2014, 22:46
The only music that stuck with me from Absolution was the one from the library in the run for your life level.

I pretty much know all the songs from the other games, so thats saying a lot :o

sam112211
18th Jan 2014, 22:59
Found and registered to the forum just to say this. Dear coders, if you are serious about making this game the apex of Hitman series, you know what you need to do. I won't even bother linking the OST of the previous titles to remind you how beautifully that music resonated with 47's persona. Jesper understands him wholly.

rpa47
24th Jan 2014, 16:34
Agreed!! His job on Contracts, Silent Assasin and Blood Money was fantastic!

PersonalTrainerUK
29th Jan 2014, 17:39
Jesper Kyd is a must have. Throw as much money at him as possible IO.

mikom
1st Feb 2014, 16:54
After looking around the web a bit, I found this interview with Jespor: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Interview-Jesper-Kyd-Talks-Hitman-Darksiders-2-Assassin-Creed-47395.html
where he reveals he wasnt even approached about doing the score for Hitman Absolution! I more or less assumed he was unavaible, but he wasnt even asked! This combined with the fact they changed the voice of Diana and almost changed the voice of 47 is mindblowing to me. They need to bring Jesper and the original Diana back.

Did someone mess with IOs airsupply or something when they did Absolution?

Itsrob
10th Feb 2014, 20:56
After looking around the web a bit, I found this interview with Jespor: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Interview-Jesper-Kyd-Talks-Hitman-Darksiders-2-Assassin-Creed-47395.html
where he reveals he wasnt even approached about doing the score for Hitman Absolution! I more or less assumed he was unavaible, but he wasnt even asked! This combined with the fact they changed the voice of Diana and almost changed the voice of 47 is mindblowing to me. They need to bring Jesper and the original Diana back.

Did someone mess with IOs airsupply or something when they did Absolution?

Yeah, IO was really smoking something when coming up with Absolution. Dropping Bateson, not even approaching Jesper Kyd, replacing Diana for no reason, etc. Hope they come back to their senses this time around and bring back all of those people.

semajmarc87
28th May 2014, 18:33
He is a must for this and every Hitman game!

Aybroe
31st May 2014, 18:06
Yes. I cannot stress this enough. Kyd created the atmosphere, the ambience that really made the game. The levels were as fun as they were largely because of his music. The score in Absolution was mediocre, can't really complain about it, but it didn't leave a lasting memory like ALL of Kyd's scores. I'm sure IOI knows that and after hearing what they're going to change in the next game they'll also realize that not hiring Kyd would be sheer insanity. If he's not available then damn, someone has big boots to fill. The guy who did Absolution tried, but couldn't.

PoloBloodMoney
29th Jun 2014, 13:31
I re-played all Hitman Games except Absolution, the main reason is Sountrack...its the Soundtrack that brings me back to Hitman 1,2,3 and 4, i bet you that 90% of hitman fans missed Jesper in Absolution. The game was awesome, no complains, but the soundtrack make me forget about the game easily

kewlak
29th Jun 2014, 13:42
Please IOI to employ any other GOOD composer from other not-Hitman games (if Jesper is not available) and don't let weak composer to do the job! Difference between soundtrack (and gameplay) from Blood Money and Absolution is huuuuge. Please don't let spoil ost. Music is very important aspect of Hitman series.

Coot
29th Jun 2014, 14:11
I would really prefer to listen to Kyd's work while playing Hitman 6 than anyone else's.

AIRBORNE6176
30th Jun 2014, 08:50
I fully concur with bringing back Jesper Kyd for 6 and more! Just pay the man his due and give him time to focus soley on Agent 47...

Aybroe
1st Jul 2014, 21:48
It seems my last post disappeared on the other topic and its information didn't reach everyone. And the link in it was broken, so I'll tell it again with a working source.

Kyd is not doing the soundtrack for the new Hitman title. To make it short, he was giving a speech/interview of some sort in Denmark and was asked by one Hitman fan if he'd do the score for Hitman 6 and he said no. He is very busy at the moment, working on 4 (then) unannounced titles, which he wasn't able to talk about. The full story and comments can be read here (http://archive.hitmanforum.com/index.php/topic/60304-jesper-kyd-wont-return-for-hitman-6/?p=1625548).

The link takes you to the archives of another Hitman-oriented forum and the poster may be considered a very realiable source.

PoloBloodMoney
6th Jul 2014, 06:27
It seems my last post disappeared on the other topic and its information didn't reach everyone. And the link in it was broken, so I'll tell it again with a working source.

Kyd is not doing the soundtrack for the new Hitman title. To make it short, he was giving a speech/interview of some sort in Denmark and was asked by one Hitman fan if he'd do the score for Hitman 6 and he said no. He is very busy at the moment, working on 4 (then) unannounced titles, which he wasn't able to talk about. The full story and comments can be read here (http://archive.hitmanforum.com/index.php/topic/60304-jesper-kyd-wont-return-for-hitman-6/?p=1625548).

The link takes you to the archives of another Hitman-oriented forum and the poster may be considered a very realiable source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

S3R6i0
6th Jul 2014, 06:54
I hope to god for the sake of everything holy that you're wrong.

Aybroe
7th Jul 2014, 21:41
Even I hope I'm wrong. That the dude attending the event is wrong. That Kyd himself is wrong.

But if and when he won't return, I at least hope that they'll return to the computerized and orchestral music. It fits the series perfectly.

AdrianShephard
8th Jul 2014, 08:40
But if and when he won't return, I at least hope that they'll return to the computerized and orchestral music. It fits the series perfectly.

This. The electronic and orchestral mix in the first and second Hitman games was phenomenal.

Arvin47
9th Oct 2014, 20:37
peter kyed's soundtracks for absolution was perfect.
I played hitman silent assassin,contracts,blood money and absolution but I don't like jesper kyd's soundtracks(with all respect to jesper kyd and his fans)
but I heard one of his soundtracks for assassin's creed III and that was perfect
I don't know jesper kyd is a good choice for hitman 6 or not but if he will do soundtracks I want peter kyed be with him too

IamRahx
9th Oct 2014, 21:57
Like I said in another thread that was almost exactly like this one:
Mr Kydd did a wonderful job on past hitman games. If he was also to make the soundtrack for the next game it would most likely also be wonderful.
However, I don't think he is the only person on earth that can make a great Hitman soundtrack. Even the soundtrack to Absolution wasn't as bad as some say. It fit well into the atmosphere and theme of the game. It simply wasn't very 'classic' Hitman, as the entire game wasn't.
So all I really wish is a great soundtrack by who ever is chosen. Be it mr Kyd of someone else. I think it would be wonderful if we can get a few short tracks before the game comes out.