PDA

View Full Version : Giving Lara some muscle mass?

Bokoblin23
12th Jan 2014, 13:24
Sorry, another aesthetic based thread - I'm heaps into realism though, so this could be awesome.

I played Mass Effect 3 with Femshep and I noticed it looked a bit funny when she was doing really tough-girl actions, she looked kinda skinny for what she was accomplishing.

I loved this scene, I just wish femshep had some muscle on her to make the fight look a bit more realistic.

ToanxydfHvs

Anyway, re: TR2, I think they should add some muscle to Lara after the first game - it would make sense narratively. Obviously there's no reason to make her look unrealistic (the older games had enough extreme body design) - but if she looked like she had more muscle it'd look pretty badass.

Jurre
12th Jan 2014, 13:57
When I make a female boss in Saints Row I always give her some muscles :) Anyway, I wouldn't mind if she looked like the burly sportwomans type she was in Underworld -

I hate to give that as a positive example by the way, because there is a lot that is wrong about her there - like her head being too small and her skin made of plastic...

But I wouldn't mind it either if she were to stay the way she is now...

LaraxSam
12th Jan 2014, 15:51
Lara should get a little muscle of course, but her body should still look female and soft.

RybatGrimes
13th Jan 2014, 00:24
I definitely would like Lara to have some muscle tone to her, but you know, not enough to make her look gross or anything. :p

CakeLuv
13th Jan 2014, 02:06
I like that you can see some muscles on her arms sometimes (in TR Reboot) but I also love her lil belly :'3

larafan25
13th Jan 2014, 02:13
^Yes. I love that, her arms look like there is muscle and meat, a bit, near the top. I guess we won't know about her legs. But buff shoulders, I would expect, and her legs would be a bit buff I'm sure. I miss TR2 Lara's abs. :(

CakeLuv
13th Jan 2014, 03:08
She had abs in every Core game I think D:

larafan25
13th Jan 2014, 03:12
She had abs in every Core game I think D:

Except for Angel of ******* spaghetti arms and TRFloor: The Fast Revelation

CakeLuv
13th Jan 2014, 04:56
lmao

Metalrocks
13th Jan 2014, 08:42
well, as long they dont make her look like this, we can relax.

jrsgge_muscularwomen.jpg

RybatGrimes
13th Jan 2014, 09:37
^Yes. I love that, her arms look like there is muscle and meat, a bit, near the top. I guess we won't know about her legs. But buff shoulders, I would expect, and her legs would be a bit buff I'm sure. I miss TR2 Lara's abs. :(

I seen any noticeable muscle tone on Reboot Lara's arms, their just about as noodle-ish as AOD Lara's arms were. And don't expect to see Lara's legs ever again, since CDs way of removing the sex appeal is to almost completely cover up her entire body. :p

Jurre
13th Jan 2014, 21:28
^ That I think would be a somewhat rash conclusion...

larafan25
13th Jan 2014, 23:10
As much as it is about putting her in something practical, the sheer amount of times the short-shorts have been referred to in such a light... is... like 5 or more times, which is enough.

Showing leg makes Lara an ill-dressed "slut" to the GP. tbh.

Bokoblin23
14th Jan 2014, 07:50
Lara should get a little muscle of course, but her body should still look female and soft.

Well most muscly fit females still look feminine. I'm not opposed to masculine looking female characters in games, but no one is suggesting Lara will lose anything feminine by being stronger looking.

Bokoblin23
23rd Jan 2014, 06:04
As much as it is about putting her in something practical, the sheer amount of times the short-shorts have been referred to in such a light... is... like 5 or more times, which is enough.

I don't really go adventuring, are short shorts like that practical to outdoors stuff? If it's common, I don't see a problem with the shorts, provided Lara has a realistic figure.

RybatGrimes
23rd Jan 2014, 07:31

Wearing shorts doesn't make Lara or anyone for that matter a "slut". I don't understand why everyone equates shorts = butt floss thong when it comes to Lara. Lara can wear shorts and not be objectified, sexualized, or exploited, the shorts don't need to be so short that her ass cheeks hang out, and idk why everyone acts like those are the only length shorts that exist.

larafan25
23rd Jan 2014, 22:04
I know

Woogiemush
25th Jan 2014, 22:49
I think Lara has ENOUGH muscle. She's perfect the way she is now, realisticlly portrayed as a young, fresh out of college 21 year old.

Bampire
26th Jan 2014, 06:50
Lara should have muscle mass. Take the image from Free Runners and rock climbers and mash that into Lara, she'd look realistic. Lara would still look gorgeous.

Also, she ain't no body builder, so of course she would not be sporting that type of form ^^

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
27th Jan 2014, 08:50
^^^i agree with Bampire completely.

i stumbled upon an image the other day and i like
the way the artist gave a realistic tone to Lara's abs.
http://iamuman.deviantart.com/art/Lara-Croft-Reborn-Wallpaper-357825316

Bampire
28th Jan 2014, 05:54
She looks adorable in that piece.

Also, Lara would have a strong back and arms, which in my opinion is attractive.

AluminumHaste
18th Mar 2014, 22:06
Yeah I totally agree, I had the same problem with Mirror's Edge. I know Faith was only like 90 pounds, maybe 100, but seriously, the amount of upper body strength required to do the things she does would pretty much guarantee that her arms and especially shoulders would be much more developed.
I like how they changed that in ME2 teaser, she seems much more built.

Lara is in the same boat, the climbing and running and jumping, she'd be massively strong. She's also not a super short/small girl either.
I had a hard time suspending my disbelief when Lara was climbing with the ice pick like she's a weight lifter lol.

Benovine
20th Mar 2014, 11:32
It would have been unreasonable for her to gain any noticeable muscle mass in the time she was on the island, but now that she's a more active person pulling herself up ledges and stuff it would make sense for her to become more muscly.

But a lot of women who are extremely active in that way often choose to train their body to be less muscled, I don't think it's so crazy that Lara would want to keep her feminine figure, she's allowed to care about stuff like that.

pirate1802
20th Mar 2014, 12:02
ToanxydfHvs

That scene was so LOLworthy. I had a hard, hard time believing She's actually doing what she's doing. Beating a buffed guy like that with wrists like that :lol:
I headcanoned that the Lazarus Project has given her super hard adamantium skeletons and stuff, which is why she can beat him :p

/unrelated. Thats your Femshep? Because my Femshep looks EXACTLY like that, I thought that was mine for a second.

When I make a female boss in Saints Row I always give her some muscles :)

Lel I do the same.

I'd love to see some more mustel tone on Lara. Not enough to make her look like those female bodybuilder pics metalrocks posted, ofcourse. But a hint on mustle on her arms and stuff. Maybe toned abs (which might not be visible during gameplay but maybe during a special scene somewhere..:naughty:)

And I think I did notice a hint (just a little bit of hint, but still there nonetheless) on TReboot Lara's arms at some point. Noticed it when she was exploring Himiko's tomb. Maybe I'm seeing what I want to see :|

Heidi_W
1st Apr 2014, 09:43
But a lot of women who are extremely active in that way often choose to train their body to be less muscled, I don't think it's so crazy that Lara would want to keep her feminine figure, she's allowed to care about stuff like that.

I know a girl who does part time work as a stunt girl in some minor productions; she's a fitness fanatic and crazy strong (she's 5'3" but can outmuscle most guys), I've seen her do 20 chinups in rapid succession with barely breaking a sweat, and yet her visible muscle mass is surprisingly subtle - you can tell she's in great shape, but she's no more visibly muscular than Lara in TR9. So I don't think we need to see a more muscular Lara in the next game.

Oh and she rock climbs too - not with an ice axe, but still :)

Btw, it appears we're all spammers today ;)

Jurre
1st Apr 2014, 10:14
I loved this scene, I just wish femshep had some muscle on her to make the fight look a bit more realistic.

I think this scene was written with a male Shepard in mind... A guy can challenge his bro's to a boxing match but he can't challenge a girl because that's a no win scenario: if he wins he is a brutal a-hole wifebeater, if he loses he's a total wimp...

GLA
1st Apr 2014, 19:23
I like that you can see some muscles on her arms sometimes (in TR Reboot) but I also love her lil belly :'3

I agree :D I want to achieve a physique like it!

I really like Lara's arms :o

Ellie92
1st Apr 2014, 19:54
Lara needs more belly fat if you ask me.

zwanzig_zwoelf
1st Apr 2014, 23:28
bro i really hope the next lara croft wont be such a skinny girl

personally, i prefer these kinds of girls:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mu1Eu_tuTCg/TVk2mAF7IsI/AAAAAAAADMY/fxpIDezF3YE/s1600/1Valentines.jpg

take notes if you want me to buy your game again, crystal dynamics

Ellie92
2nd Apr 2014, 08:40
I was serious..

zwanzig_zwoelf
2nd Apr 2014, 12:08
bro i am serious

Ellie92
2nd Apr 2014, 12:12
I'm not your bro, dude!

Wh1t3Kn1te
3rd Apr 2014, 01:12
bro i am serious
if you like games with girls like that i highly suggest borderlands 2. :)

zwanzig_zwoelf
3rd Apr 2014, 04:06
if you like games with girls like that i highly suggest borderlands 2. :)

bro thank you i played borderlands 2 and i love it but id rather see my favorite kind of girls conquer other games id like to see how a girl like that will perform as lara croft and jump around tombs like there is no tomorrow

SamanthaScofield
3rd Apr 2014, 18:09
Lara needs more belly fat if you ask me.
Why would you think so? :scratch:

larafan25
3rd Apr 2014, 18:13
***** is a twig. she get dat curves. That's why.

SamanthaScofield
3rd Apr 2014, 18:43
Whut?

zwanzig_zwoelf
3rd Apr 2014, 22:13
bro she can be a perfect example of sexy appearance and wonderful usage of tessellation technology

Ellie92
3rd Apr 2014, 22:27
Why are you saying "bro" all the time?

Why would you think so? :scratch:
I like some slight "chubbiness" on sexy girls. It makes me wanna hug them. :P

CakeLuv
4th Apr 2014, 22:17
Why are you saying "bro" all the time?

It's funny because it doesn't fit most of his posts.

Ellie92
4th Apr 2014, 23:43
It sounds stupid if you ask me.

zwanzig_zwoelf
5th Apr 2014, 02:12
bro ellie92 i understand your concern you dont like swedes probably but im friendly and good towards you why question my behavior when im so so friendly and cuddleable im also sharing ideas like id like to see lara become different and more appealing towards a new audience im fat and id like to play as a fat chick because i always dress like a little girl when my sister is not at home

CakeLuv
5th Apr 2014, 02:52
I can't with him LMFAO