PDA

View Full Version : DE:HR Director's Cut Upgrade for existing owners

OomGert
5th Jan 2014, 18:44
As per the this link : http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Directors-Cut-PC-Digital-Release-Details#blogs/Directors-Cut-PC-Digital-Release-Details

Owners of the existing game and Missing Link DLC can upgrade for a cheaper price. But on the Steam page it shows no mention of the discount nor upgrade option, nor does it give any discount when trying to purchase game. The price just stays at $19.99.

Did this offer expire? I see no mention that it was a limited offer.

ColBashar
5th Jan 2014, 22:14
Shows the same for me. I know that the upgrade promotional was disabled during the Christmas sale so maybe it's just an oversight that they haven't switched it back on again. After hearing what people have to say about it, though, I think I'll stick with the old version for the time being. Even if they don't reinstate the upgrade discount, I'm patient enough to wait for the next major Steam sale to come around. I saw Deus Ex with Missing Link for as little as $3 during the Summer Sale so I'm sure another good discount will come along.

EndlessWaves
5th Jan 2014, 22:27
We're still missing a version for other stores too, requiring the steam storefront to be installed to play the game if you buy from a rival store is bad enough, only making the upgrade available through the steam store is a finger in the eye for user choice.