PDA

View Full Version : What are your Christmas Wishes?

Smoke43
22nd Dec 2013, 04:40
Like the title says what are your wishes for a new year or anything you want to happen

Luckmann
22nd Dec 2013, 16:59
A fix for lethal takedowns.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Dec 2013, 18:23
Peace on Earth and Good Will to All.
Though I know it will never happen until we all become as One... until we all become Omar; that is. :cool: :flowers:

:D

JCpies
22nd Dec 2013, 18:26
Deus Ex breakfast cereal.

CyberP
23rd Dec 2013, 04:08
Wishes? I have many. None I wish to share :p

-Neon-
23rd Dec 2013, 05:00
A director's cut that actually improves the game more than it does detract. >>

CyberP
23rd Dec 2013, 06:03
A director's cut that actually improves the game more than it does detract. >>

I'd love to design/develop it, a Fan's cut. There is my hopeless wish I'll share. :)

nsf001
23rd Dec 2013, 07:57
My wish:I can take down Barret with a crowbar :rasp:

roger1724
23rd Dec 2013, 09:12
Less negativity, more love for everyone

sonicsidewinder
23rd Dec 2013, 21:06
I wish 'those days' could come back once more.

JCpies
23rd Dec 2013, 22:06
My christmas with is that I wish the non-christian side of christmas was outlawed, except not by Puritans.

Luckmann
23rd Dec 2013, 22:17
My christmas with is that I wish the non-christian side of christmas was outlawed, except not by Puritans.

How would that work for countries in which Christmas isn't Christian?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Dec 2013, 11:11
Christmas is Pagan, originally Yule, and celebrates the winter solstice, marking the rebirth of the ‘Oak King’, and the rebirth of the sun. :cool:

Decard
24th Dec 2013, 12:42
Christmas is Pagan, originally Yule, and celebrates the winter solstice, marking the rebirth of the ‘Oak King’, and the rebirth of the sun. :cool:

That's right. And to add to that, Christ wasn't born in december.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Dec 2013, 13:38
Indeed. The date of 25 December merely marks the crushing triumph of Christianity over Paganism.
But some of us still prefer the original to the reboot... of course. :naughty: :D

Decard
24th Dec 2013, 16:38
What triumph? Catholicism, and most of today's 'Christian' sects, are based on astrotheology. Paganism, in various forms of course, is the most common faith in this (and any other, really) century.

btw. I'm not a Christian.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Dec 2013, 20:40
I refer to how Christianity and its campaign of religious terror established itself as the only valid religion in the Roman Empire. The agenda was to assimmilate everything - and I think, in this, they were triumphant.

btw. I'm not a Christian.
It matters not. :friends:

Jito463
24th Dec 2013, 22:46
I refer to how Christianity and its campaign of religious terror established itself as the only valid religion in the Roman Empire. The agenda was to assimmilate everything - and I think, in this, they were triumphant.

It matters not. :friends:

No, no, a thousand times no. Catholicism =/= Christianity. In fact, many (if not most) of the traditions of Catholicism are actually un-Biblical. I've stirred up the hornet's nest before saying this, but it's true.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
24th Dec 2013, 23:17
No hornet's nest stirred yet. I'm sure we can all enjoy this discussion without getting stung. :D

68_pie
25th Dec 2013, 06:46
I wish for:

Alpha Protocol 2
Far Cry 2 2
For the rights to Fallout to be taken away from Bethesda
An isometric Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor cRPG

Shralla
25th Dec 2013, 17:33
No, no, a thousand times no. Catholicism =/= Christianity. In fact, many (if not most) of the traditions of Catholicism are actually un-Biblical.

So are most of the beliefs held by modern Christians. It wasn't just Catholicism that spread propaganda and promoted fear and obedience. I'm also not saying that Christianity is the only religion that has done that. But it is the most glaring example of it happening in the "civilized world." (first world and second world)

Jito463
25th Dec 2013, 22:03
So are most of the beliefs held by modern Christians.

I'm not going to touch on the rest of your comments, but this I will concur with. Doctrines of the the Trinity, infant baptism/baptism by sprinkling, once-saved-always-saved, just-believe-and-you're-saved, etc. I doubt this is exactly what you were referring to, but it's certainly what comes to my mind when I think on that statement.

Though I have to wonder, how a forum about HR got turned into this discussion.

CyberP
26th Dec 2013, 00:07
Though I have to wonder, how a forum about HR got turned into this discussion.

This thread is not about HR, not all threads are and nor should they be.

Continue! I have nothing to add, except that I think firm believers of any religion are very narrow-minded. A pragmatic approach is required to such a question but I think that goes without saying.

Or maybe I am just being narrow-minded, because I have not yet been given a "sign", or because I refuse to put faith in wild stories from thousands of years ago, or because I refuse...we're all smart enough here to take a pragmatic approach to such an important subject. There is no answer. Anybody with claims of an omnipotent being could be correct, or none at all. We just don't know, and that itself could be a good thing or a bad thing.
The biggest question/head**** of them all is "answered" by many religions worldwide, most cultures made up their own being in the sky and teach their children that said being is a fact of life with little or no "evidence". It's either human stupidity at it's finest OR Human intelligence and corruption at it's finest, since religion is integral to some systems and the control of others. Well, probably both. Intelligence on the corrupter's part, and stupidity on the sheep's. But again, one of these religions could be correct, we just don't know. Science has given it's own take, the most likely one, but the question remains unanswered.

However religion, or some religions, are an effective tool to teach children to love and respect one another, but perhaps the wrong kind of tool. And hey, who doesn't love Christmas when they are a kid? :)
Merry Christmas strangers :p

Buddhism is an interesting religion, I think.

Edit: Just stumbled upon this through Reddit: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/25/us/christmas-carol-girl-dies/index.html