PDA

View Full Version : XP mod?

Soltaro
18th Dec 2013, 02:54
Hi, when I first played Deus Ex I was really disappointed that I was punished for not stealth killing by getting less XP that way.

For me it was game breaking because I want to use whichever method I deem most effective in a particular setting. Not do whatever the game developers arbitrarily determine should give the highest reward.

Coming back many months later, is there now a mod available that equalizes the XP gains per kill?
I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

BridgetFisher
18th Dec 2013, 04:49
Its a good point, seems preachy somehow awarding xp for one type of takedown vs another type. Something many games try to do like some far off digital handholding parent. Also not a fan of the nanny approach in gaming, overall I didnt think DE really needed xp. Maybe some other kind of system like just buying or finding augs which I think lore wise fits better than say leveling up which in some genres or types of games like DE doesnt really feel like a good fit. Id like DE to be less fantasy RPG and more scifi adventure.... although...

Having Adam Jensen in an FF party would be very fun! Imagine the romance! oOOOooo and both are owned by Square Enix, why isnt this a thing yet? It should totally be a thing!

Soltaro
28th Jun 2014, 11:14
Another couple months later, anything changed? Perhaps with the Directors Cut?

CyberP
28th Jun 2014, 13:53
Having Adam Jensen in an FF party would be very fun! Imagine the romance! oOOOooo and both are owned by Square Enix, why isnt this a thing yet? It should totally be a thing!

And you were doing just fine until this bit.

This is not a good idea, at all, for either series. Please don't give SE any more silly ideas than they already have.

WildcatPhoenix
28th Jun 2014, 16:09
Maybe some other kind of system like just buying or finding augs which I think lore wise fits better than say leveling up which in some genres or types of games like DE doesnt really feel like a good fit. Id like DE to be less fantasy RPG and more scifi adventure.... although...

I'm okay with being able to buy/find augmentations (which you could do in DX1 and Invisible War). But reducing the RPG elements of the game eliminates half of the core experience of Deus Ex. DX games aren't first person shooters. They aren't "scifi adventure." If you don't enjoy at least some degree of character customization and/or leveling up (skills, upgrading weapons, augmentation trees, etc), then this probably isn't the series for you.

Just...no.

CyberP
29th Jun 2014, 02:40
(skills, upgrading weapons, augmentation trees, etc).

*drools*