PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider at VGX 2013

Shaikh
1st Dec 2013, 05:01
http://i.imgur.com/dDkkFTO.jpghttp://abload.de/img/tombraider04f25.png

VGX Schedule
December 7th, 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT
Click here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=VGXtreeeeeme&iso=20131207T18&p1=179&ah=3)to check your time zones.

What possibly could we get

1. Tomb Raider 10 Announcement Trailer
Why its the time: Since Tomb Raider 9 reached Alpha stage in January 2012 (confirmed in Crystal Habit Podcast January 2012), its been possible the new game is already in development for like 22 months). Now it could be the time for an announcement trailer for TR10. Its possible that we get a CGI trailer from Visual Works instead of an in-game footage trailer.
Proof that something is coming: Karl Stewart just tweeted few hours ago that something is going to happen:

Brian Horton also recently revealed that he can talk finally about the next game (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140379).

2. Something called 'Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition'.
Square-Enix PR had this (http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/19/ps4xbox-one-tomb-raider-square-enix-releases-official-statement-teases-announcement-in-decemeber/) to say to an Amazon listing (http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/18/amazon-italy-lists-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-for-ps4-provides-date-and-details/) on a PS4/Xbox One listing of this Edition:

It’s so hard to keep a secret these days! We appreciate all of the enthusiasm, however we don’t have any details to share just yet. That said, we highly recommend you keep an eye on any major gaming events happening in early December. 3. Something Called Lara Croft: Reflections
We can expect a spin-off like Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light. Recently Square Enix registered the domain for Reflections in Europe and America (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/lara-croft-reflections-trademarked-in-america-europe). It could either be a spin-off for major platforms, or an android/mobile game just like Deus Ex: The Fall.

VGX Live Streaming Links
Links will be updated in time. It will be live streaming on SpikeTV, GameTrailers.com, Xbox 360, XB1, PS3, Steam, Twitch, iOS, Android.

VGX Vote for Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider also nominated in 5 different categories. You can vote for them in the following links:
Game of the Year (http://www.spike.com/vgx/game-of-the-year)
Best Action-Adventure Game (http://www.spike.com/vgx/best-action-adventure-game)
Best XBOX Game (http://www.spike.com/vgx/best-xbox-game)
Best PS Game (http://www.spike.com/vgx/best-playstation-game)
Best Voice Actress (http://www.spike.com/vgx/best-voice-actress)

Magnab
1st Dec 2013, 05:30
OH MY GOD!
This is so exciting
Also hi everyone it's MagnaBass

Jurre
1st Dec 2013, 06:10
What possibly could we get

1. Tomb Raider 10 Announcement Trailer

That would be sweeter than a candy factory, I'm keeping my fingers and all other body parts that can be crossed crossed :D

pirate1802
1st Dec 2013, 06:16
reading that tweet, I just can't seem to think those trailers would be of that definite edition or whatever. Its either of TR10 or some sort of spin-of/expansion/DLC methinks.. I'm keeping all my body parts crossed as well lol

TranceTrouble
1st Dec 2013, 08:48
oeh can't wait,

thanks for putting this together Shaikh :thumb:

sooonnn we will know more...... :gamer::naughty:

Sam_kain
1st Dec 2013, 09:31
Exciting news, I really really hope we get something TR10 related, or at least the Definite version of TR9 should have some sort of SP dlcs or something.

But I highly doubt hearing aboutTR10 at VGX.

reading that tweet, I just can't seem to think those trailers would be of that definite edition or whatever. Its either of TR10 or some sort of spin-of/expansion/DLC methinks.. I'm keeping all my body parts crossed as well lol
well keep in mind that Karl is now VP of Marketing, so technically speaking those 2 trailers can also mean Thief or the new Deus Ex Universe game.

Driber
1st Dec 2013, 10:10
Reminder, folks: Karl no longer works for Crystal ;)

Shaikh
1st Dec 2013, 10:19
well keep in mind that Karl is now VP of Marketing, so technically speaking those 2 trailers can also mean Thief or the new Deus Ex Universe game.
Yeah I know. His Twitter account reads:

Dad, VP of Marketing, Square Enix, North America/Europe. Worked on Batman AA, Tomb Raider. Now Deus Ex Universe and a few unnanounced titles . BAFTA Member
So one of them might be Deus Ex 4 and the other being something TR related. Since Meagan and the SE team confirmed something about Tomb Raider at early December's big gaming event. :)

Sam_kain
1st Dec 2013, 11:04
Yeah I know. His Twitter account reads:

So one of them might be Deus Ex 4 and the other being something TR related. Since Meagan and the SE team confirmed something about Tomb Raider at early December's big gaming event. :)
I am afraid it will only be TR9 related. :mad2:

Shaikh
1st Dec 2013, 11:28
I am afraid it will only be TR9 related. :mad2:
Why Sameer why? Why you want to destroy our hope like this? :(

Jurre
1st Dec 2013, 11:34
It doesn't hurt to be prepared for possible disappointment, but in either way it won't be long before we should hear or see something of TR10 I am sure of that :)

Shaikh
1st Dec 2013, 12:00
Guys, don't forget TR9 announcement came 27 months before the game actually released. :p

VaBanes
1st Dec 2013, 12:05
Well... if it's not a trailer, maybe they will show us some artwork? ^^ Yet, I hope it is a trailer. :D

Driber
1st Dec 2013, 12:07
It's always good to keep one's feet on the ground to prevent possible disappointment, Shaikh.

Not everyone wants to board the hype train :)

Guys, don't forget TR9 announcement came 27 months before the game actually released. :p

You don't know when TR10 will be released, so that means nothing ;)

VaBanes
1st Dec 2013, 12:36
I also found something interesting.

jydmqq_jg.JPG

For a trailer, you need music. Regarding to this there are 5 possibilities...

1. He can't talk about that because he isn't writing the music anymore
-> at least hope for TR10 trailer

2. They will use the exact same music of TR9 for the Trailer of TR10
-> also hope for TR10 trailer although I think this is very unlikely

3. Jason Graves has written the music for the Trailer just within November
-> hope for TR10 trailer although I doubt that a month for writing music for a complete trailer is enough

4. He can't talk about that because he isn't allowed to and with "time will tell" he means that SE will reveal who writes the music soon.
-> hope for TR10 trailer and hope for Jason Graves

5. No Trailer.

pidipidi39
1st Dec 2013, 12:37
D:
<<
>>

OMG!

Yes! I needed some good news in my life! :D :p

Shaikh
1st Dec 2013, 13:15
It's always good to keep one's feet on the ground to prevent possible disappointment, Shaikh.

Not everyone wants to board the hype train :)
Sorry if I made anyone boarding the unnecessary hype train.

Personally I wouldn't be too unhappy with TR 10 not being shown at VGX. I would be happy with an announcement of either Deus Ex 4, Hitman 6 or Just Cause 3 from SE at VGX. :)

You don't know when TR10 will be released, so that means nothing ;)
I know, it will be released in future. See? ;)

Driber
1st Dec 2013, 13:55

jydmqq_jg.JPG

-> hope for TR10 trailer although I doubt that a month for writing music for a complete trailer is enough

4. He can't talk about that because he isn't allowed to and with "time will tell" he means that SE will reveal who writes the music soon.

5. No Trailer.

6. Jason's words have nothing to do with a possible trailer ;)

Sorry if I made anyone boarding the unnecessary hype train.

Didn't say it was unnecessary. Time will tell, heh.

Personally I wouldn't be too unhappy with TR 10 not being shown at VGX. I would be happy with an announcement of either Deus Ex 4, Hitman 6 or Just Cause 3 from SE at VGX. :)

Not particularly interested in the first 2, but that last one would be awesome :cool:

I know, it will be released in future. See? ;)

No, don't see your point, actually.

VaBanes
1st Dec 2013, 14:00
6. Jason's words have nothing to do with a possible trailer ;)

Why do you think so? :D

Music plays an important part for trailers and since Jason already made the music for the first one, I think this is worth to be said. ^^

Driber
1st Dec 2013, 14:12
I didn't say I think anything :p

Just listed an option you forgot. If you're going to make people speculate, at least give them all possible options :D

VaBanes
1st Dec 2013, 14:23
Yeah, I thought this option was kinda included in "He isn't writing the music anymore". This way he wouldn't have anything to do with the trailer, indeed. ^^
Maybe Jason is writing for the game but not for the trailer. Maybe the trailer even has no music. O_o

Also, I actually said "there are 5 possibilities". And there are 5. 1,2,3,4,5,6 but also 5. :p :D

Shaikh
1st Dec 2013, 14:37
Not particularly interested in the first 2, but that last one would be awesome :cool:
I thought you are into Hitman too, seeing you own the Profession edition of Absolution.

No, don't see your point, actually.
Just joking.

Jurre
1st Dec 2013, 15:08
Do trailers usually not feature licensed music? I'm thinking of Assassins Creed - God knows you're lonely souls by Unkle, Saint's Row - Power by Kanye West... Why, the TR Underworld trailer featured Mozarts Requiem :)

Murphdawg1
1st Dec 2013, 15:59
Certainly exciting stuff.

Sam_kain
1st Dec 2013, 16:02
Why Sameer why? Why you want to destroy our hope like this? :(
Better be skeptical to be surprised to the full effect :D

Thing is for TR9 with the somewhat reboot, Crystal wanted a long campaign to expose the game more than once, for TR10 they don't need that, know what I mean ?!

Murphdawg1
1st Dec 2013, 17:07

jydmqq_jg.JPG

5. No Trailer.

His response seem like the typical PR response which means " I am working on it but I just can't tell you right now." I mean if he wasn't doing the music for the sequel wouldn't he just come right out and say so?

Shaikh
1st Dec 2013, 17:14
Do trailers usually not feature licensed music? I'm thinking of Assassins Creed - God knows you're lonely souls by Unkle, Saint's Row - Power by Kanye West... Why, the TR Underworld trailer featured Mozarts Requiem :)
Almost half of AC CGI trailers uses licensed music. Turning Point trailer used Jason Graves music for the record.

Thing is for TR9 with the somewhat reboot, Crystal wanted a long campaign to expose the game more than once, for TR10 they don't need that, know what I mean ?!
Yeah I know I know. They can announce it today and release the game tomorrow. :p Joking. :p

VaBanes
1st Dec 2013, 17:36
His response seem like the typical PR response which means " I am working on it but I just can't tell you right now." I mean if he wasn't doing the music for the sequel wouldn't he just come right out and say so?
Or he can neither confirm nor deny because because he hasn't been asked yet and doesn't know it yet...^^

Driber
1st Dec 2013, 20:31
Yeah, I thought this option was kinda included in "He isn't writing the music anymore". This way he wouldn't have anything to do with the trailer, indeed. ^^
Maybe Jason is writing for the game but not for the trailer. Maybe the trailer even has no music. O_o

My point was that whether or not he has anything to do with the trailer, it may or may not mean something about the release date of the trailer ;)

Also, I actually said "there are 5 possibilities". And there are 5. 1,2,3,4,5,6 but also 5. :p :D

Is this some kind of freaky German logic?

:p :D

I thought you are into Hitman too, seeing you own the Profession edition of Absolution.

Got it for free from the good folks at IO Interactive :cool:

lol, I'm pretty sure Mozart's Requiem isn't licensed. The dude has been dead for over 200 years.

Or he can neither confirm nor deny because because he hasn't been asked yet and doesn't know it yet...^^

Or he has been asked and they are still working on settling the contract.

Or...

Or......

Marylinfill
2nd Dec 2013, 09:37
Frankly I don't like the TR 2013 music at all... it's too boring for my taste. The Underworld OST was amazing, I wish they called that musician again...

Psychomorph
2nd Dec 2013, 10:53
because because he hasn't been asked yet and doesn't know it yet...^^

but but he should know...

Frankly I don't like the TR 2013 music at all... it's too boring for my taste. The Underworld OST was amazing, I wish they called that musician again...

I'm sure Mozart would like to do it again.

Driber
2nd Dec 2013, 11:30

The music in TR9 was amazing!

_Ninja_
2nd Dec 2013, 12:38
I think what may be entirely plausible is a Uncharted 4 style teaser that shows very little. Because i don't think they've got enough done for a full trailer.

MissBrandy
2nd Dec 2013, 12:44
5 days to go YEEEYYYY !!! :D :D

pirate1802
2nd Dec 2013, 12:53
I think what may be entirely plausible is a Uncharted 4 style teaser that shows very little. Because i don't think they've got enough done for a full trailer.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Enough to satiate my thirst :p

Marylinfill
2nd Dec 2013, 14:03
I'm sure Mozart would like to do it again.

Colin O'Malley was a composer of the game - they used Lacrimoza only for the main trailer. Actually, it's a good thing to bring up classic music again. Remember Vivaldi-like theme in TR2 or aria in Chronicles?:thumbsup:

MissBrandy
2nd Dec 2013, 15:10
I don't care about the next composer. All composers that CD bring us by now were PRO and made good music, so I'll believe that CD will choose a good one this time as well.

Shaikh
2nd Dec 2013, 16:57
A CG trailer doesn't need anything from in-game. ;)

BlueSkiesXXV
3rd Dec 2013, 09:46
Take your time with the next TR & save me a packet ;)
I have decided that I will not be picking up a PS4 until the next TR or Uncharted 4 are released.

MissBrandy
3rd Dec 2013, 12:37
Take your time with the next TR & save me a packet ;)
I have decided that I will not be picking up a PS4 until the next TR or Uncharted 4 are released.

I agree ... there's no games for new consoles ..just games already released months ago and just converted to PS4/XOne ...
It will take about one year to having games for new consoles so I won't think on buying PS4 untill spring 2015
By now, X360 and PS3 are still on power and I don't think game developers will exclude actual consoles until past more than one year ( when most gamers will change for next gen) :D:D

Shaikh
3rd Dec 2013, 15:04
Don't forget that Tomb Raider is nominated in 5 categories. And you can vote them. Here's a trailer released for the best PS games having TR in it:

dLsSBnD8BmE

Murphdawg1
4th Dec 2013, 02:45
I agree ... there's no games for new consoles ..just games already released months ago and just converted to PS4/XOne ...
It will take about one year to having games for new consoles so I won't think on buying PS4 untill spring 2015
By now, X360 and PS3 are still on power and I don't think game developers will exclude actual consoles until past more than one year ( when most gamers will change for next gen) :D:D

Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Division? Not mention the exclusives each console will have like Infamous Second Son and DriveClub(PS 4).

AdobeArtist
4th Dec 2013, 05:27
The music in TR9 was amazing!

And anybody who says otherwise must go through the Ritual of Fire!!

:naughty::naughty: :p:p

Marylinfill
4th Dec 2013, 10:53
And anybody who says otherwise must go through the Ritual of Fire!!

:naughty::naughty: :p:p
Go ahead :rasp: I'm not afraid :nut:

MissBrandy
4th Dec 2013, 12:20
Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Division?

as I said: games already released and just converted to PS4/XOne version ..

Not mention the exclusives each console will have like Infamous Second Son and DriveClub(PS 4).

You said it: will have (future) :D ... Even for Uncharted 4 we'll have to wait some months (or maybe a year) untill release :)

AdobeArtist
4th Dec 2013, 12:33
Go ahead :rasp: I'm not afraid :nut:

Confident that Himiko will intervene, huh? ;) :naughty: :nut: :lol:

Marylinfill
4th Dec 2013, 13:25
Confident that Himiko will intervene, huh? ;) :naughty: :nut: :lol:

Not anymore... you've killed her this spring, haven't you?:scratch::D

As for PS4 - I can not wait for the special TR 2013 edition.:naughty: I hope they will add TressFX and HD shadows in this version. My laptop cannot render her hair properly... Maybe I will buy the console for TR and Thief within next two months...

Murphdawg1
4th Dec 2013, 13:44
as I said: games already released and just converted to PS4/XOne version ..

You said it: will have (future) :D ... Even for Uncharted 4 we'll have to wait some months (or maybe a year) untill release :)

Well I know Infamous is coming out in just a few short months(February-March?). As for Destiny and Watch Dogs, those games will look better on PS 4 than they will on PS 3 and The Division which is only for next-gen and PC but won't be out until late next year.

MissBrandy
4th Dec 2013, 14:01
Well I know Infamous is coming out in just a few short months(February-March?). As for Destiny and Watch Dogs, those games will look better on PS 4 than they will on PS 3 and The Division which is only for next-gen and PC but won't be out until late next year.

yep ...that's why I said I won't think on buy PS4 until spring 2015 :)

PS3 graphics it's ok for me by now. (PS4 it's for sure much better but nothing to do against a good PC).

But I'm still curious to see how TR will look on PS4 :).

pirate1802
4th Dec 2013, 14:26
I can't in good conscience vote TR over Black Flag in the AA category.. *runs away*

XylophoneDealers
4th Dec 2013, 20:29
Ok, so basically: for VGX. Expect something, but nothing too much. Like Christmas XD

Jurre
4th Dec 2013, 21:54
It's certainly christmas for Thief fans; as I understand one of the two trailers will be a 15 minute Thief demo. The other one will hopefully be ours...

VaBanes
4th Dec 2013, 22:24
It's certainly christmas for Thief fans; as I understand one of the two trailers will be a 15 minute Thief demo. The other one will hopefully be ours...

A 15 minute gameplay demo is not a trailer, imo. I guess they will show that additionally. Gameplay of some games + two trailers.

Shaikh
5th Dec 2013, 15:30
Thief demo will be presented in a VGX pre-show. So that is ruled out. There will be two others beside that, that's for sure.

VaBanes
5th Dec 2013, 15:43
If they show Thief gameplay, they will probably also just show TR next-gen gameplay rather than a trailer, I guess. I mean, everyone already knows this game (or at least the trailers for it) and a new Trailer for TR9 probably won't look that different since (I assume) the gameplay trailers were already recorded on the PC and already looked the best that was possible. ^^

EDIT: Alright. Just found this.

jqtsjj_1.JPG

Translated into English it means "There will be a new trailer on Saturday!"

So... what do they mean with "trailer"? Gameplay presentation? Does this count as one of the two trailers they will show?

Shaikh
5th Dec 2013, 17:15
If they show Thief gameplay, they will probably also just show TR next-gen gameplay rather than a trailer, I guess. I mean, everyone already knows this game (or at least the trailers for it) and a new Trailer for TR9 probably won't look that different since (I assume) the gameplay trailers were already recorded on the PC and already looked the best that was possible. ^^

EDIT: Alright. Just found this.

jqtsjj_1.JPG

Translated into English it means "There will be a new trailer on Saturday!"

So... what do they mean with "trailer"? Gameplay presentation? Does this count as one of the two trailers they will show?

Don't translate everything into English. :p

Tweet 1 (https://twitter.com/Thief/status/407628076869115904):

#MasterThief (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MasterThief&src=hash) Don't miss the #VGX (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23VGX&src=hash) live this Sat. We're cooking up something special for you... pic.twitter.com/x01lFdiAVE (http://t.co/x01lFdiAVE)

Tweet 2 (https://twitter.com/Thief/status/407977460077047808):

Don't miss @SpikeTV (https://twitter.com/SpikeTV) #VGX (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23VGX&src=hash) pre-play this Saturday at 2:45 PST for a 15 min exclusive look at @Thief (https://twitter.com/Thief) with @danielkayser (https://twitter.com/danielkayser) @eidosmontreal (https://twitter.com/eidosmontreal)

Also check the Thief forum sections here. The thing is that there will be a Thief demo of 15 minutes just before VGX main show start. :)

_Ninja_
5th Dec 2013, 17:18
It would not surprise if they show both a trailer and gameplay presentation.

Chocolate_shake
7th Dec 2013, 06:09
Lara is also nominated for Character of the year . And that's viewer voted . So lets make some noise for our gal !

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 11:59
Lara is also nominated for Character of the year . And that's viewer voted . So lets make some noise for our gal !
I think she could actually win this one. :)

Is there any hope, Gandalf? For the Tomb Raider sequel?

jobnyh_1.JPG

Shaikh
7th Dec 2013, 17:27
Just 5 hours and 30 minutes to go. Can't wait to see the TressFX filled TR Definitive Edition trailer. Hopefully something else like Reflections will be at VGX too. :D

Live Streaming links for VGX:

VGX (http://www.spike.com/vgx)
Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/vgx)
VGXLIVE.com (http://www.vgxlive.com/)
GameTrailers.com (http://gametrailers.com/)
Spike.com (http://spike.com/)
ComedyCentral.com (http://www.comedycentral.com/)
MTV.com (http://mtv.com/)
MTV2.com (http://mtv2.com/)
BET.com (http://www.bet.com/)
Yahoo Screen (http://screen.yahoo.com/)
Yahoo Screen app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yahoo-screen/id694865999?mt=8)

a_big_house
7th Dec 2013, 18:09
How can you be so excited for a trailer of something that came out months ago!?

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 18:26
Me, for my part, I'm not very excited about the Definitive Edition since I've played it on the PC on ultra settings and at the end of the day, the PS4 and XBoxOne version won't look that good anyway.

For those who don't know yet, here is the live schedule (http://www.spike.com/vgx) for the VGX.
I have a baaaad feeling about this...
Even if we won't get some information about the sequel, there will be news about The Witcher 3, at least. ^^

a_big_house
7th Dec 2013, 18:35
^ Thanks for that link actually, at least we wont have to wait long for the Tomb Raider stuff then

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 18:42
Alright. 4h 15min to go... if my math is right. :lol:
I guess I will watch the third LotR now to fill that time...

Yeah, the TR stuff comes very early. But that still doesn't mean they won't show a trailer for the sequel. Maybe at the end of the show? Like "the best comes last"? :D
I mean, there was never much hope. Just a fool's hope. Yet Frodo destroyed the ring at the end, didn't he?

Jurre
7th Dec 2013, 18:59
No actually, that was... well let's not spoil things...

I'm gonna watch Rome - the BBC series season 2 :)

a_big_house
7th Dec 2013, 19:01
Well if they do show something new (not 'new') I'm sure \i'll see it on here :lol:

In the mean time, like you guys, I'm going to watch... Nothing... Sky blocked my video streaming site :hmm:

Extra T
7th Dec 2013, 19:33
It's been forever. D: Hey people! What channel is this or can someone send a link ? Apparently spike isn't airing it on tv. :p

AdobeArtist
7th Dec 2013, 19:47
It's been forever. D: Hey people! What channel is this or can someone send a link ? Apparently spike isn't airing it on tv. :p

It looks like they're doing this online only.

http://www.spike.com/vgx/about

Extra T
7th Dec 2013, 20:18
It looks like they're doing this online only.

http://www.spike.com/vgx/about

Thanx :)

Jurre
7th Dec 2013, 22:47
Alright, here we go. Let's hope the Tomb Raider part is awesome.

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 23:00
jspqfs_so-it-begins.jpg

Jurre
7th Dec 2013, 23:26
Okay so that was a trailer for the PS4 and Xbox One port of Tomb Raider. Not as great as a trailer to TR10 would have been, but that trailer was awesome. I think I'll buy the PS4 version when I'll -eventually- get a PS4...

Was that it or is there gonna be more TR?

kiadaw
7th Dec 2013, 23:26
Lara looks different, & so much better in the radio tower part. Is this in the definite version, then I am on broad.

AdobeArtist
7th Dec 2013, 23:27
Camilla is looking gorgeous!! :D :flowers:

kiadaw
7th Dec 2013, 23:30
Camilla is looking gorgeous!! :D :flowers:

I was going to say this as well. :D

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 23:31
I don't know. I like the PC version much more. She looks like a little child on the first picture... a bit like Ellie from The Last of Us...

jbxnac_2.JPG
jnkdwg_3.JPG

kiadaw
7th Dec 2013, 23:31
I missed the trailer. Whats new?

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 23:33

Nothing. Definitive Edition = PC Version for Consoles, sort of...

Jurre
7th Dec 2013, 23:34

Nothing but upgraded graphics I believe. Although I saw two scenes that didn't look familiar to me: her whacking an enemy with the shotgun and three oni walking towards the camera, but I'm not sure if that means new content...

a_big_house
7th Dec 2013, 23:34
Oh look, she has more anime looking eyes! JUST WHAT WE ALL WANTED!!!

*******awdickickingripe!

EDIT: ^ That long word is a string of words, nothing more

kiadaw
7th Dec 2013, 23:35
I don't know. I like the PC version much more. She looks like a little child on the first picture... a bit like Ellie from The Last of Us...

jbxnac_2.JPG
jnkdwg_3.JPG

The skin is more realistic, & it seems the new model have also more details, as well as better facial animation.

AdobeArtist
7th Dec 2013, 23:36
I was going to say this as well. :D

Just remember I saw her first ;) :p :naughty:

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 23:39
And why is she wearing that much make-up?

Maybe they used a better skin-material for the next-gen version but I like her face much more in the old version.

jdeivy_Unbenannt.JPG
jycfpf_Unbenannt2.JPG

kiadaw
7th Dec 2013, 23:44
Ok, I checked the trailer. Its hard to catch any details, as there is so much going on.

The skin, & eyes, & facial animation are definitely better, but there is something wrong with the face, especially the eyes. Her face was perfect in in game Tomb raider 9, if not the Cg trailer, or the promotional pictures, why change it!

Jurre
7th Dec 2013, 23:47
And why is she wearing that much make-up?

Why not? She's a girl.

As for the face; I hardly see any difference other than the improved quality of the graphics. People are always complaning when something is changed but eventually they'll get used to it. It's like the Florentine art patron that told Michelangelo that the nose on his statue was too big. So Michelangelo took his hammer, pretented to hit the nose a few times and dropped some marble gravel, and the art patron said: 'oh, that's a lot better!'

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 23:48
Why not? She's a girl.

On YAMATAI!!!

Treeble
7th Dec 2013, 23:48
Yeah, it's the one thing that struck me the most. There's definitely something off about her face. :/

Not sure if it's just me, but it also seemed to be slightly more colorful than it did originally.

VaBanes
7th Dec 2013, 23:51
Yes, her skin is a bit more reddish.

jegubb_is-there-any-hope.jpg

RybatGrimes
7th Dec 2013, 23:54
I just got home, what have I missed? What did they show for TR????

D:

MissBrandy
7th Dec 2013, 23:59
TRAILER HERE :

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/l7hd52/tomb-raider--definitive-edition-vgx-2013--world-premiere-trailer

AdobeArtist
8th Dec 2013, 00:01
I just got home, what have I missed? What did they show for TR????

D:

They showed the Lara and Sam kiss, one of the deleted scenes put back into the Definitive Edition. Damn that you missed that.

Jurre
8th Dec 2013, 00:06
They showed the Lara and Sam kiss, one of the deleted scenes put back into the Definitive Edition. Damn that you missed that.

And don't forget about those damn purple elephants...

a_big_house
8th Dec 2013, 00:07
My mother just bought me a McDonalds McFlurry. At least something good happened tonight. #IAmDisappointed

kiadaw
8th Dec 2013, 00:08
Yeah, it's the one thing that struck me the most. There's definitely something off about her face. :/

Not sure if it's just me, but it also seemed to be slightly more colorful than it did originally.

The skin is certainly more lifelike, but her eyes. They are now bigger it seems, & looks a bit unnatural, & she has Lily Collins eyebrows now.

Jurre
8th Dec 2013, 00:09
My mother just bought me a McDonalds McFlurry. At least something good happened tonight. #IAmDisappointed

Oh you sourpuss...

RybatGrimes
8th Dec 2013, 00:13
Oh wow her shiny new face, & hair, wow such innovation. :rolleyes:

Why didn't they just wait to show that ~crazy~ next gen graphics for the sequel? IMO I still think this is a waste of time. :\

kiadaw
8th Dec 2013, 00:15
Screen cap from the trailer. This is not Lara. What have you done CD?

Whats with the goldfish eyes?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Starseeker/NotLara_zpsb354b631.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Starseeker/NotLara2_zps11a1be2b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Starseeker/NotLara3_zps58bdf37f.jpg

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 00:19
FRODO!!!!!!! :D (at the VGX)

kiadaw
8th Dec 2013, 00:23
Definitive Lara is not pretty....Jesus, we need a petition to bring back 2013 Lara, at least for the sequel.

Should have bloody use this, my favorite & looks 80% like the in game model
http://www.croftgeneration.com/imagenes/galeria/wallpapers/TombRaider/bigimages/Wallpaper_TR_047.jpg

or this.
http://www.gameplorer.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tomb-raider-lara-croft-cinematic.jpg

instead they made female version of Frodo.
http://varun5092.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/frodo.jpg?w=620

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 00:24
Definitive Lara is not pretty....Jesus, we need a petition to bring back 2013 Lara, at least for the sequel.

I really hope they will do that for the sequel. I always thought it was about making Lara more realistic? Not letting her look like a Final Fantasy character...

AdobeArtist
8th Dec 2013, 00:36
Game of Thrones by the same people behind Walking Dead game???

WIN!!!!! :D :D

kiadaw
8th Dec 2013, 00:37
Not buying this game after seeing her new face. The thought of those gollum eyes on my favorite character turn me off.
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/14000000/Gollum-Smeagol-smeagol-gollum-14076899-960-403.jpg

Rai
8th Dec 2013, 00:41
Loved how Lara/Camilla sounded for her bit as a nominee for character of the year. Lara sounds so much better with a calmer deeper tone. She has to sound like this in TR10.

Treeble
8th Dec 2013, 00:46
I want to believe they'll still tweak Lara's face a little further. The transition from TRA to TRU (previous TR gen leap) also was terrible at first, some might remember?

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc16/LaraCCosta/Tomb%20Raider%20Underworld/screen003.jpg

Murphdawg1
8th Dec 2013, 00:47
Hopefully 2014 will bring us some news about the sequel. Re-releasing TR9 on next gen consoles probably won't do all that well considering it's nothing that hasn't already been played.

Chocolate_shake
8th Dec 2013, 01:06
Eh ?!

Her eyes are pretty off , I hope they use the Turning Point face as a model in future titles . It is 100 times better . She looks like ellie lifted to TR9 .

Trailer was also pretty generic with only shooty shooty bang bang nonsence . How about showing some platforming on the game's diverse gorgeous environments ?

Sorry for being such a negative nancy :o

blackrook
8th Dec 2013, 01:14

http://www.croftgeneration.com/imagenes/galeria/wallpapers/TombRaider/bigimages/Wallpaper_TR_047.jpg

or this.
http://www.gameplorer.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tomb-raider-lara-croft-cinematic.jpg

instead they made female version of Frodo.
http://varun5092.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/frodo.jpg?w=620Yeah...that 'CroftGeneration' model looks spot on like Turning Point Lara. Is it an actual model or just an illustration?

http://www.croftgeneration.com/imagenes/galeria/wallpapers/TombRaider/bigimages/Wallpaper_TR_050.jpg
http://www.croftgeneration.com/imagenes/galeria/wallpapers/TombRaider/bigimages/Wallpaper_TR_049.jpg
http://www.croftgeneration.com/imagenes/galeria/wallpapers/TombRaider/bigimages/Wallpaper_TR_048.jpg

With all of the shading and lighting effects that occur on the face, let's withhold judgment on Definitive Lara just from those low res and blurry pictures.

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 01:20
Alright. The VGX were kind of disappointing for me. Maybe I was just expecting too much. ^^

At least, the trailer for The Witcher 3 was amazing!

AdobeArtist
8th Dec 2013, 01:28
Meagan posted the Box art for the Definitive Edition. And I do say, this is much improved cover art from the original :)

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f9f19d5792e9df6503937048090d47f2/tumblr_mxgig8mcUB1qkq7tbo1_500.png

http://31.media.tumblr.com/1a6845379b567daccd49df3085334e2f/tumblr_mxgig8mcUB1qkq7tbo2_r1_500.jpg

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Revealed at VGX

As revealed during tonight’s VGX celebration, Tomb Raider is coming to next-gen sooner than you think. We’re super excited to reveal Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition was developed in tandem with our friends over at United Front Games and Nixxes, who worked with core Crystal Dynamics team members and assets to rebuild Tomb Raider from the ground up for next-gen consoles.

The team didn’t simply up-rez the game, they pulled it apart and rebuilt it with obsessive detail and new technology, finally allowing us to reach a vision for the game that we always wanted. Now in native 1080P with TressFX hair rendering and a next-gen Lara model, you’ll get the following in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition:

The fully rebuilt game for next-generation consoles
The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer
Eight DLC multiplayer maps
Six DLC multiplayer weapons
Four DLC multiplayer characters
Six outfits for Lara
Dark Horse digital comic book “Tomb Raider: The Beginning”
Brady Games digital art book “Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival”
“The Final Hours of Tomb Raider” documentary series
As for other next-gen additions, The Xbox One allows you to use Kinect to change weapons, attachments, and navigate the menu with your voice. You can also rotate and inspect relics with hand gestures, and find new viewpoints by leaning into the world. The PlayStation 4’s Dualshock 4 controller lights up red and orange when using the torch, and quick flashes when Lara is shooting. The PlayStation 4 version also allows you to stream Tomb Raider to the PlayStation Vita.

Chances are if you follow this blog you’ve finished Tomb Raider to completion already. Perhaps several times over! We’d love for your help in spreading the word about Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition – If you have friends who haven’t visited Yamatai yet, let them know that this is the version they’ll want to play!

Preorder Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition with select retailers today to receive art book packaging featuring never before seen concept art.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition launches in North America on January 28 and across Europe on January 31, 2014.

blackrook
8th Dec 2013, 01:53
Wow, that new cover art is great.

TombRaiding
8th Dec 2013, 05:29
Her eyes are pretty off, I hope they use the Turning Point face as a model in future titles. It is 100 times better. She looks like ellie lifted to TR9.

^Agreed. As excited as I am to see Lara make her way to the Next-Gen consoles this soon, I'm super disappointed in Lara's new look after seeing the VGX trailer... :(

She looks so basic, and looks like she's lost a lot of her familiar features. They should have tried to get the model close to the Turning Point CGI model. — IMO.

Marylinfill
8th Dec 2013, 06:58
At Last, THIS is real Lara, she is back, wow, happy-happy joy-joy!!! Gonna buy this asap.

BlueSkiesXXV
8th Dec 2013, 08:21
That was it?!?! That was the big announcement? Oh dear.

nevillet
8th Dec 2013, 08:37
I know.

All that work... and not a single extra tomb.

*sigh*

kiadaw
8th Dec 2013, 10:13
I can appreciate the effort from United Front Games and Nixxes, but they should not have messed with Lara looks.

What are they thinking. I hope CD will not use the face model for the actual sequel.

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 10:23
Am I the only one who doesn't like Lara doing things like that, acting like it's nothing? This doesn't have anything to do with survival, it just shows a brutal, cold hearted Lara who doesn't care about killing people or not. (this was also one of the things I didn't like about TR9 in general) Ubisoft did that way better with Jason Brody.

Pic from the new Trailer. (she is shooting a whole magazine in that guy)
jhytwz_1.JPG

imelda
8th Dec 2013, 10:56

or this.

Totally agree!! THIS IS THE FACE S.E!!! THIS IS THE FACE THAT'S GONNA GET YOU LOADS OF MONEY!! :p

I'm a bit confused though. So this DE is not 'technically' made by Crystal?

kiadaw
8th Dec 2013, 11:53
Totally agree!! THIS IS THE FACE S.E!!! THIS IS THE FACE THAT'S GONNA GET YOU LOADS OF MONEY!! :p

I think the answer is yes, from reports. They specifically say Lara was remodeled. Explain a lot.

Driber
8th Dec 2013, 12:01

See the official TRDE FAQ: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1965875#post1965875

MissBrandy
8th Dec 2013, 12:39
Am I the only one who doesn't like Lara doing things like that, acting like it's nothing? This doesn't have anything to do with survival, it just shows a brutal, cold hearted Lara who doesn't care about killing people or not. (this was also one of the things I didn't like about TR9 in general) Ubisoft did that way better with Jason Brody.

Pic from the new Trailer. (she is shooting a whole magazine in that guy)
jhytwz_1.JPG

They made this trailer looks so brutal just to capture gamers attention ... and I think they reach this point ... It's really intensive :D
Anyway our inocent Lara it's gone since TR9 , and I understand it's because she got 50000 solariis wanting to kill her, so that's why she got more ''wild'' :lol:

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 12:49
They made this trailer looks so brutal just to capture gamers attention ... and I think they reach this point ... It's really intensive :D
Anyway our inocent Lara it's gone since TR9 , and I understand it's because she got 50000 solariis wanting to kill her, so that's why she got more ''wild'' :lol:
Yeah, kind of. :D Still I think Ubisoft did this much better in Far Cry 3. Jason Brody also killed hundreds of people but he at least gets sort of negative effected by all this killing stuff. ^^

I think they've overdone it a bit in TR.

MissBrandy
8th Dec 2013, 12:59

yes..a little ''bit'' :D

Marylinfill
8th Dec 2013, 13:01
Yeah, kind of. :D Still I think Ubisoft did this much better in Far Cry 3. Jason Brody also killed hundreds of people but he at least gets sort of negative effected by all this killing stuff. ^^

Me too. The Last of Us is a perfect action-survival story, especially with the little kid fighting and sneaking alone. And I guess Tomb Raider has to do something with raiding tombs, no?:scratch: Anyway, it's way, way too brutal for my taste these days. Maybe CD should stick to the surviving stuff, not this bloody mess.:eek:

Jurre
8th Dec 2013, 13:07

Disagreed. Those finishers are only available late in the game and I think it's only fair that Lara doesn't have to be solely on the receiving end of brutality. It's like she's adapting to the Islands brutal manners. When in Rome, do as the Romans do... When on Yamatai...

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 13:09
Anyway, it's way, way too brutal for my taste these days. Maybe CD should stick to the surviving stuff, not this bloody mess.:eek:

I don't think it is "too brutal" but it is the wrong kind of brutal. Like you said "bloody mess".
For example, I think films like Saving Private Ryan (the scene at the beginning) are way more brutal than any crappy splatter movie * la Saw IV or V or VII or whatever number.

TheNarrator
8th Dec 2013, 13:12
I don't think it is "too brutal" but it is the wrong kind of brutal. Like you said "bloody mess".
For example, I think films like Saving Private Ryan (the scene at the beginning) are way more brutal than any crappy splatter movie * la Saw IV or V or VII or whatever number.
Agreed. Realistic violence is much more brutal (and also much more intense) that this Rambo stuff and would fit Tomb Raider much better, in my opinion.

Marylinfill
8th Dec 2013, 13:21
Yes, that's what I actually meant. Uncharted is brutal, but it's hard to take it seriously cuz it's mostly an adventure comedy stuff. The Last of Us is violent, but it's a "necessary" violence and it fits the story. In TR 2013 it's trashy and unbelievable to me, because the story is pretend to be serious and realistic while the gameplay is way beyond the real life. A kid cannot kill an army. :o

Chocolate_shake
8th Dec 2013, 14:07
But she is not a kid . She is Lara Croft . Was it not the point of the game ? That there was always this fire in her and the shipwreck incident brings it out in full force .

And the brutality came from their (solaari ) side first . How much can one tolerate someone trying to shoot arrows in your mouth and say "How does it feel outsider ? "

Yea the finishers were a bit excessive but the fact that lara took to violence did not surprise me one bit .

Marylinfill
8th Dec 2013, 14:21
Chocolate, she is only 21 years old - she is a child. And she's not that kind of Croft she used to be. Now she suppose to be "real". A "real human" simply can not kill an army of full armed savages without being killed, that's physically impossible. i'm not speaking about happy falling from the skyscraper height for more than 13 times. My type of gameplay - less trash, more realism, less gore, more surviving and more puzzles. =)

TheNarrator
8th Dec 2013, 14:21
And the brutality came from their (solaari ) side first . How much can one tolerate someone trying to shoot arrows in your mouth and say "How does it feel outsider ? "

It's not about Lara being brutal and violent in general but how Lara is brutal and violent.
Like VaBanes said, there are different kinds of brutality and this kind of brutality they used in TR is just overdone and doesn't fit, imo. Better kill 4 people in one really intense and "dangerous" fight than 400 like it is nothing.

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 14:31
Right. This kind of brutality doesn't fit anybody, not just Lara. As much as I like TR, these fighting scenes where Lara kills thousands of people and acts like it's nothing were one of the worse parts of the game. There are better ways to do this, even by keeping the level of brutality and violence "the same" -> I don't think these scenes in TR9 were brutal at all, they were just ridiculous, imo :D
Lots of killing =/= brutal, violent
-> it's about how the killing is portrayed

pirate1802
8th Dec 2013, 14:35
TR's violence is as much "necessary violence" as TLoU. You kill armies of Solarii or you end up on the sacrificial altar. Given the stakes I'm not surprised Lara ends up killing so many people. I'd do that, or I'll be dead. If I'm dead then its not a fun story, so I place the story in an alternate timeline where I avoid being dead and end up being rambo.

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 14:44
TR's violence is as much "necessary violence" as TLoU. You kill armies of Solarii or you end up on the sacrificial altar. Given the stakes I'm not surprised Lara ends up killing so many people. I'd do that, or I'll be dead. If I'm dead then its not a fun story, so I place the story in an alternate timeline where I avoid being dead and end up being rambo.
That's the problem. The armies of Solarii.

Driber
8th Dec 2013, 14:48
Wow, you guys are actually still surprised to find out that Lara is a ruthless mass murderer? Have you people not been paying attention these last 16 odd years or so? :p

Chocolate, she is only 21 years old - she is a child. And she's not that kind of Croft she used to be. Now she suppose to be "real". A "real human" simply can not kill an army of full armed savages without being killed, that's physically impossible. i'm not speaking about happy falling from the skyscraper height for more than 13 times. My type of gameplay - less trash, more realism, less gore, more surviving and more puzzles. =)

Lara is not real, she's a fictional character. The game does not pretend to be super realistic. Virtually no human can do most of what Lara does (or pretty much most of the other protagonists in video games for that matter).

It's not a problem anymore. Lara did what she does best and took care of them :D

VaBanes
8th Dec 2013, 14:51
Lara is not real, she's a fictional character. The game does not pretend to be super realistic. Virtually no human can do most of what Lara does (or pretty much most of the other protagonists in video games for that matter).

A game doesn't need to be real. But it needs to feel real. And killing thousands of people all alone, "rambo-ing" around and act like it's nothing doesn't feel real.

Marylinfill
8th Dec 2013, 14:55
Wow, you guys are actually still surprised to find out that Lara is a ruthless mass murderer? Have you people not been paying attention these last 16 odd years or so? :p

In the original game Lara has killed only 3 humans.:o

It doesn't really matter if she is real or not. CD said they try to make her "real" Personally I don't believe in her as a character during the gameplay. No compassion at all. I felt a lot when I was playing TLOU and Uncharted. While here the whole situation looks like a joke. :(

Hotsam1
8th Dec 2013, 15:52

Good job Natla didn't have a private army :lol:

pirate1802
8th Dec 2013, 17:42

What problem..? She encounters armies of 'em only after entering the shantytown, fortress and towards the end. Given that that place was sort of capital for them, I'd be more perturbed if I wandered across the area and encountered just a few chumps hanging about.

A game doesn't need to be real. But it needs to feel real. And killing thousands of people all alone, "rambo-ing" around and act like it's nothing doesn't feel real.

Actually it does. When you kill hundreds, you'll not feel the same sort of impact when you kill the first few. Eventually, killing 'em would become as easy for you as sneezing.

It doesn't really matter if she is real or not. CD said they try to make her "real" Personally I don't believe in her as a character during the gameplay. No compassion at all. I felt a lot when I was playing TLOU and Uncharted. While here the whole situation looks like a joke.

Didn't CD say they were trying to make her more "believable" ? Could be wrong but if I'm right, there is a wold of difference between realistic and believable. One can be believable while being totally nonrealistic. The Mass Effect games have aliens who are more believable than many game's humans. For me Lara was not realistic, no videogame protags are, but she was believable. And regarding no compassion, would you show compassion to people who are trying to kill you? Who keep attacking you even after you plead them multiple times? I wouldn't. I would kill them the first time I get the chance and feel not an iota of compassion. Maybe for the first few times, but then? Nopez.

Jurre
8th Dec 2013, 17:51
I find it so odd when people complain about the unrealisticness of taking out armies of enemies or other things of that nature. They do know that Tomb Raider is a game, right? It is no different in that regard to any other triple A game over the last decade. If people don't like that they have no business in playing games in the first place...

Shaikh
9th Dec 2013, 17:23
7SSNTEbcW0s

Its saying that the game is running 1080p native on next-gen consoles! o.O

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
9th Dec 2013, 22:28

At 30 frames per second or more? If it's 30, there's nothing impressive about it.

Treeble
9th Dec 2013, 22:41
Judging by the video, I'd say 60. Could be wrong though.

Driber
9th Dec 2013, 23:44

I'm afraid that if you are expecting Lara to go curl up in a fetus position and bawl her eyes out every time she pierces the neck of an enemy with her axe, TR may not be the franchise for you.

I guess you could call her a female Rambo, yes.

And there is nothing unrealistic about that. Look at soldiers in war times - after their first few dozens of kills, it also seems like it doesn't fase them anymore. Hell, some people even start to enjoy the killing.

And how many animals? And how many games have there been before TR9? Can you count how many kills are on Lara's name in those past 15 games or so?

I stand by my statement that Lara has always been a ruthless mass murderer (or killer, if you like) and always will be.

It doesn't really matter if she is real or not. CD said they try to make her "real"

Apart from the fact that what you are quoting is *highly* subjectable to interpretation, you shouldn't read too much into what the devs say. They also said there will be no supernatural elements in TR9, remember?

Personally I don't believe in her as a character during the gameplay. No compassion at all. I felt a lot when I was playing TLOU and Uncharted. While here the whole situation looks like a joke. :(

Personally, I feel Nathan Drake is a joke and I find it a hell of a lot easier to relate to Lara than to that fake Indiana Jones who's good for nothing but spewing cheesy one-liners...

Yes, I posted that 2 days ago here :p

larafan25
10th Dec 2013, 00:24
I don't think the supernatural cover up is the same as promoting Lara as a more believable character. Their intention was to lie, to savor the supernatural surprise, perhaps. However their intention to make Lara more real and believable was genuine.

Driber
10th Dec 2013, 00:43
^ ...and TR9 Lara looks more real than in any game before it, whether it is standard edition or DE.

larafan25
10th Dec 2013, 00:55
Ooohhh. This is about her looks. I thought we were talking about her character or something.

Driber
10th Dec 2013, 01:28
Looks like the threads on TRDE are getting a bit messy and I'm starting to mix them up.

Anyway, let's just forget about those dev soundbytes. They can mean whatever people want them to mean. Let's just talk about what we want and about our preferences, without projecting them onto PR talk taken out of context, because that just clutters the discussion.